SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014Leah Zanolla | Posted: Nov 28, 2013 | Updated: Nov 29, 2013 - 8:25:54 AM
SeaWorld Orlando has several events coming up in the next few months.
A new event, Wild Days, will take place on weekends January 11 through January 26, 2014. Each weekend will have a theme and will consist of interactive shows and animal encounters. January 11-12 will be Jack Hanna Weekend, January 18-19 will be Sea Rescue Weekend, and January 25-26 will be Penguin Lovers' Weekend with Julie Scardina.
SeaWorld Orlando will hold Viva la Musica on Saturdays April 26 - May 17, an annual festival celebrating Latin culture. For the price of the park's regular admission, guests can enjoy general seating for the Latin music concerts, beginning at 3:00 each day. Concerts are held at Bayside Stadium, unless it is raining; concerts will then be held in the Nautilus Theater. Other festivities include a selection of Latin foods, which begins at noon. Prices aren't released for this year yet, but last year, the VIP package was $24, which included reserved concert seating and a meal of entree and one side item or dessert, plus beverage. Reserved seating for the concert only was available for $14.
The marine park's kids' festival will be returning this year, but a little later than normal. Instead of taking place in January and February, "Just For Kids" will run on Saturdays from March 22 through April 12, 2014. The festival will include concerts, dance parties and stage shows. The Nautilus Theater will be the home for the concerts, which will include popular children's musical acts. This year's lineup hasn't been announced yet, but groups featured in the past have included the Imagination Movers, Laurie Berkner, Choo-Choo Soul with Genevieve and Kratt Brothers Live Featuring the stars of Wild Kratts. These performances are included with regular park admission, but concert tickets must be picked up near the theater and are first come, first served. Concerts are at 11:00am, 2:00pm and 4:00pm.
Beginning March 21, SeaWorld will be hosting their 50th Anniversary Celebration! A "Sea of Surprises" await guests as new shows, entertainment, animal encounters and more will take place at the park. A Surprise Squad will even be on hand handing out prizes to guests each day.
It's a great time to take advantage of SeaWorld's Fun Card promotion. Pay for a single day admission and get into the park for the rest of 2014 with no blackout dates. Prices are $92 for adults and $87 for children ages 3-9.
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS