Opening date set for Universal's Cabana Bay Beach ResortLeah Zanolla | Posted: Feb 26, 2013 | Updated: Feb 26, 2013 - 3:24:50 PM
An opening day has been set for Universal's new Cabana Bay Beach Resort; reservations are now being accepted for stays beginning March 31, 2014. The resort will be the fourth on-site option for Universal guests and will cater to families by offering 900 suites and a lower price point, with standard rooms starting at $119 per night, and 430-square-foot family suites start at $174 per night. Families staying longer will even be eligible for discounts of up to 25 percent off.
There will be two distinct sections of the resort. The North Courtyard will be the first to open. This area will house 600 of the 900 family suites and be reminiscent of a 1950s and 60s motor court, with clean lines, bright colors and neon signs. Four-story buildings will have inside hallways to access rooms. Suites will be able to sleep six, with a fold-out bed, kitchenette, sliding privacy partition, two TVs and a large bathroom.
The North Courtyard's 10,000-square-foot, zero-entry pool will be a great place for family’s to cool off together. Kids will love the 100-foot water slide, waterfall features and a 4,000-square-foot interactive play area. Cabanas will be available to rent.
The South Courtyard will open later in 2014. This area will be themed differently than the North Courtyard, offering a tropical resort feel. Seven-story towers will surround a 8,000-square-foot pool and lazy river. There will also be a 6,000-square-foot sand beach nearby. The South Courtyard will house the remaining 300 family suites, as well as 900 standard guest rooms. The standard rooms are 300-square-feet and sleep four in two queen beds; a mini-fridge is also included in every room.
The hotel is designed to remind guests of "the driving vacations so many Americans grew up enjoying with their families - spending time at sweeping motor courts just off the highway, where families relaxed and played after a long day's drive."
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
Sign Up & Win A Prize!
Each month we select one of our subscribers at random and give away a prize! Prizes range from a $50 Disney Gift Card, Adventures by Disney trip for two, or a 7 day/6 night stay at Walt Disney World with dining for a family of four!
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit