By: Corey Martin and William Perry II
Bringing you the more XTREME side of Orlando!
If you've been on International Drive near Wet-n-Wild, then you've probably seen this bizarre ufo-like structure. This strange building is iFly formally Sky Venture, a free fall skydiving adventure that floats you in a vertical wind tunnel with air speeds up to 145 mph. No experience is required, but some coordination is. There is short class where the instructor will teach you how to fly and give you necessary hand signals for communication while flying in the tunnel. The key is to relax, keep your chin up, arms in front of you, legs slightly apart and knees bent. Each class can have up to 12 people.
This is not a cheap attraction and might not be worth it for everyone. Prices range from $45 to $230 depending on how much time you choose, and whether or not you purchase the photo CD and the video. In our case, we purchased the AirXtreme package for $200. It included 10 minutes of flight time, that we divided between the two of us, plus the photos and video. Each person will take two turns flying in the tunnel, so if you purchase the 1 minute flight package, you really get two 30 second flight sessions. Extra time can also be purchased for $30 for 2 minutes. They supply all the equipment including, knee pads, elbow pads, ear plugs, flight suit, helmet and goggles.
This place was surprisingly busy. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your class time, or call beforehand. Reservations are suggested - call 1-800-SKY-FUN. We showed up at 3pm without a reservation and they where able to squeeze us in the 3:30 class. The video and photo CD you purchase includes the entire flight session of the whole class, so if there's another family in your class, you end up getting their photos and video too.
Check Rates and Packages Here
WARNINGS – This is a high activity sport, not a ride. Participants may experience minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and bruises. Anyone with a heart condition, prior shoulder dislocations, neck or back injuries or other conditions which would increase your risk of injury or are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication, chemical or substance.
Under 6’0” – 230 Lbs.
Maximum Over 6’0” – 260 Lbs. Maximum
Under 5’7” – 190 Lbs. Maximum
Over 5’7” – 220 Lbs. Maximum
Reservations suggested: call 407-903-1150 or 1-800-SKY-FUN
- 5 things you should do when first walking into your Disney hotel room - You should have a room inspection routine when traveling.
- Garden Grill adding character breakfast and lunch November 8 - Reservations are now available.
- Food & Wine Festival dining events will open to Disney Visa cardmembers July 28 - These experiences will open to the public on July 30.
- Save up to 30% on rooms at Walt Disney World: book-by date extended - The discount will now end on 8/31/15, instead of 8/7/15.
- Disney Descendants Line Brings Teenage Sons & Daughters of Villains to Life - Premiering July 31st, Disney Channel’s new movie, Descendants, tells exactly what life is like after our beloved fairy tale “happily ever afters.”
- Ice Palace Boutique opens at Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! - Reservations are now available for this Frozen-version of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance...26.2 Ways to Include Your Family In Your WDW Marathon Training
- Exclusive Disney Visa cardholder dining events at Food & Wine Festival - Three dining events are planned just for Disney Visa Cardholders.
- Option now available to opt out of receiving new MagicBands with reservation - Guests can now opt out of customizing and receiving a MagicBand before a trip if they already have one linked from a previous visit.
- Martha's Vineyard Wine Pairings to be held at Disney's Yacht Club - A wine expert from the featured winery and a Disney chef will guide guests through the tasting describing what to watch for. Three wines will be sampled.
- When Did It All Start? When Was Your First Visit? - The first visit can define your outlook on the Disney parks, and this is why I have put together a list of the 7 types of people that come on their first visit.
- 4:00pm Hoop Dee Doo show on 7/24 is cancelled - The 6:15 and 8:30 shows will still take place.
- Glidden to open "Colortopia" in Innoventions this fall - This interactive experience is currently under construction and will guide guests through hands-on activities all focusing on color.
- Overview of the new high-tech laundry rooms at Walt Disney World - On our last trip, we were able to test out Disney’s new high-tech washers and dryers and use their laundry website.
- Save up to 25% at select Disney Resorts - Discount valid for stays select nights 10/4-11/24 and 11/28-12/23/15.
- Kid-sized package offer starting at just $903 - Book a 3-night/2-day Walt Disney World vacation package with theme park tickets for a family of 3 starting at just $903!
- Magical Family Fall Package offer available for Walt Disney World resorts - Book a 4-night/4-day Walt Disney World vacation package with theme park tickets for a family of 4 starting at just $1,701!
- Some tips to enjoying Epcot while you wait for your FastPass time - Since we live nearby, we don’t start thinking about Fastpasses until a few days before we plan on visiting the park. This can leave us with a lot of time between FastPasses.
- Fantasmic testing assigned seating locations - Guests will need to visit a FastPass+ kiosk on the day they want to see the show, where they will then be assigned to a seat, row or section.
- Captain EO has reopened at Epcot - The theater was being used for sneak peeks of upcoming Disney films, but Captain EO is now back in place.
- Frosty Treats to Beat the Heat at Walt Disney World - With over 100 restaurants and eateries to choose from, finding that perfect frosty treat can be a bit overwhelming.
- Annual passholder and DVC discounts available at The BOATHOUSE - Annual passholders and DVC Members can now get a 15% discount at lunch (11am-4pm) and a 10% discount at dinner (after 4pm).
- New "Escape to Walt's Wilderness" tour offered - This experience will take guests on a tour of Bay Lake, Fort Wilderness and Tri-Circle-D Ranch.
- Disney Myth Buster: Doesn't Disney Get Boring Year After Year? - “How do you go to Disney EVERY...YEAR? Doesn’t it get boring or repetitive?"
- Menus released for 2015 Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces - The Dominican Republic marketplace will return after being absent since 2007.
- Ice Palace Boutique coming to Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! - This salon will transform girls into Anna and Elsa.
- Prince Harry's Invictus Games coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - Planned for May 8-12, 2016, these games celebrate wounded servicemen and women from around the globe.
- Registration for 2016 Disney's Princess Half Marathon now open - This event will be held 2/18-2/21/16.
- Booking for Food & Wine Festival premium events begins July 30 - So far, we know that the cast of The Chew will host the Rockin' Burger Block Party on October 8 and that a Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses will take place October 31.
- The Artistry of Wine & Cheese marketplaces will be offered in Epcot's Future World - The Napa Valley-inspired marketplaces will feature grape vines and pergolas on the walkway to Future World West.
- A New Tour in Epcot - World Showcase DestiNations Discovered - This 5 hour walking tour takes you through 11 countries in the World Showcase.
- Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa: An Overlooked DVC Resort
- Polynesian Village Resort East Pool closing for refurb 7/13/15 - The pool will be closed through early 2016.
- Wilderness Lodge pool refurb will begin 10/26/15 - The Hidden Springs quiet pool, resort beach, playground and the fire pit will be closed 10/26/2015. Work will continue through 2017.
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within Disney’s Animal Kingdom - Try taking a break from the action within the parks without hiking all the way back to the resort.
- Chef Art's Florida Fish Camp planned for Disney Springs - Coming in spring 2016, this restaurant is from Art Smith, known from his time as Oprah's private chef and a judge on the show BBQ Pitmasters.
- Soundstage Lounge opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The "Soundstage Lounge" has opened in the former home of The Legend of Jack Sparrow. This area has benches and is intended to be a spot for guests to relax while in the parks.
- Walking in Walt's Footsteps: Marceline Edition Part 2 - We decided to visit a couple of landmarks important to the history of the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney himself.
- Blog - Tea Traders Cafe Opens at Disney Springs
- Several narrators announced for 2015 Candlelight Processional - More will be announced as the event gets closer.
- Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza coming to Disney Springs - At this fast casual artisanal pizza restaurant, you can build your own pizzas. The restaurant is planned to open in May 2016.
- How to Add a Subtle Touch of Disney to your Work Space or Home - There are ways to have subtle reminders of Disney parks or movies throughout your home or work space that will give you the nostalgic feeling to get you through the day.
- Forever Remembered at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex - A new exhibit recently opened at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to honor the fallen astronauts and pays tribute to the orbiters Challenger and Columbia.
- Changes to Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party begin today - The new Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party will offer an assortment of desserts, as well as fruits and cheeses. New beverages options will be available. A sparkling cider toast will take place as the fireworks begin.
- Typhoon Lagoon hosts After-hours Neighborhood Beach Bash for DVC members - Classic beach party tunes from Teen Beach Movie and Teen Beach 2 will keep the party going while families enjoy the park's attractions, plus hula-hoop spinning, limbo contests, snacks and beverages.
- Two new Food & Wine Festival marketplaces coming to Future World - The Sustainable Chew Marketplace will feature three dishes from the chefs on ABC's The Chew. The Chew Lab will be a marketplace inspired by food-science labs and food tech trends.
- ABC's "The Chew" to tape live from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - ABC show "The Chew" will be taping live from the Festival on October 7, 8 and 9!
- Disney Family Culinary Adventure teaches chefs' cooking techniques - Spend an evening with Disney chefs working together to learn new cooking techniques and then enjoying the five-course dinner that you helped to prepare.
- Disney to stream 4th of July fireworks live from the Magic Kingdom - The fireworks show will be streamed live on the Disney Parks Blog beginning at 8:50pm EST.
- Tips for touring Walt Disney World at its worst (crowds), so you can be at your best - Although Walt Disney World commercials can make you believe that crowds, lines, and not-so-magical people are non-existent, they are a reality of touring during "peak seasons."
- Hoop Dee Doo 8:00 show is cancelled on July 4th - The 4:00 and 6:15pm show will still be held.
- Walking in Walt’s Footsteps: Marceline Edition Part 1 - It is often said that Walt drew upon his time in Marceline for the inspiration for Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A. We visited Marceline late on a Saturday afternoon.
- Updated menu for Gardens Kiosk at Animal Kingdom - A new menu is available now that Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant has reopened.
- Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant reopens with a few menu changes - A Jamaican Jerk Salad and a Watermelon Salad have been added to the menu. Jalepeno cornbread replaces coleslaw as a side.
- Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% on Deluxe Studio-Standard View rooms when staying most nights 7/5/15-10/3/15.
- When you are shaped more like Buzz or Woody than Snow White - For people like myself, of size, visiting a theme park comes with some concerns.
- Confirmed: The Magic of Disney Animation will close July 12 - A Disney spokeswoman said, "Work is underway on a new experience, and we look forward to sharing more information in the future."
- Walt Disney World merchandise events for July 2015 - List of artist appearances and signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- D-Zone relaxation area to be added to Innoventions West - Guests will be able to find food carts, seating and charging stations here.
- Captain EO to return to Epcot July 19 - It has been on hiatus for a few months for sneak previews of Tomorrowland and Inside Out.
- Animal Kingdom Updates - Two new shops have opened since my last update and I highly recommend you check them out.
- Flame Tree BBQ restaurant rehab extended through June 29 - The restaurant should reopen July 1.
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan pricing - Price list for the Quick-Service, Regular and Deluxe Dining Plans.
- Classic Shows Breathe New Life Thanks to FastPass+ - OK, I’m a nostalgic kind of person. For me, what keeps me coming back are the classic attractions and shows.
- List of 2016 Disney Dining Plan participating restaurants - More restaurants are generally added toward the end of the year as contracts with non-Disney owned and operated restaurants are finalized.
- What Souvenirs Are Worth The Money At A Disney Park? - In my opinion souvenirs are crucial in bringing the Disney memories home with you, but how many of them end up in the back of your closet?
- Walking in Walt's Footsteps: Kansas City Edition - We decided to visit a couple of landmarks important to the history of the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney himself.
- Animal Kingdom to test opening the Oasis area 30 minutes early - This will only take place on mornings that do not have Extra Magic Hours.
- Hot Cheese Sauce removed from Disney World counter service restaurants - It may be available behind the counter if guests request it, but there's no indication if this is a permanent possibility or if that supply will go away too.
- Registration details for Tables in Wonderland's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - The event will be held Sunday, July 12, 2015 from 12:00-2:00pm.
- Walt Disney World plans 4th of July festivities - There are special fireworks planned for Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
- Living with the Land will be closed for a week in September - The Epcot ride will be closed for refurbishment 9/8/2015 - 9/17/2015.
- Annual passholder and DVC discounts added to World Showcase DestiNations Discovered tour - Annual passholders will receive a 10% discount and DVC members will receive a 15% discount.
- Candlelight Processional dates and dining package prices - This year's event will be held November 27 - December 30, 2015. Narrators will be announced at a later date.
- Splash Mountain added to evening Extra Magic Hours
- Coronado Springs fitness center and Casitas pool to be closed for 3 months - Fitness Center and Casitas Leisure Pool closed 7/5/2015 - 10/12/2015. The main pool and other leisure pools will be open during this time. There will be a temporary fitness center in the Casitas area.
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages released - Information for 2016 packages has been released and these are now available for booking.
- Great Movie Ride offers new photo op - Guests can take part in a new photo op outside the Chinese Theater, allowing them to walk the red carpet and put their hands in "cement" just like the stars.
- Disney resort pools hosting Disney Jr. Pool Parties - Music and activities will be themed around Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Miles from Tomorrowland and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Pool staff will lead young guests in games like "Sofia Says", sing-a-longs and dance parties.
- Be Prepared! EPCOT’s Plan for the Massive Influx of Children Will Be... Nothing? - My EPCOT Center has been gone for awhile...and although I’ve slowly been dealing with what I see as a neglected, bare-boned version (now with even less attractions), new problems are popping up from a lack of vision for this park’s future.
- Animal Kingdom Starbucks donates portion of sales for animal conservation - For every Starbucks Flat White Latte sold, a portion of the sale price will benefit conservation programs to save the cotton-top tamarin in Colombia. The drink's look represents the cotton-top tamarin's white fur on top of their heads.
- Watch faces soon available for MagicBands - This summer, two watch faces will be introducted for MagicBands - a Minnie analog face and a black digital face.
- Discounted two round golf pass available - Play two rounds of golf, any day, any time, any course for a discounted rate.
- Starbucks opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - This is located in the old Creature Comforts location.
- A Tale of Two Disney Birthdays - Is it alright to wear a birthday button if it is not actually your birthday?
- 2016 Aulani vacation packages now available for booking - Packages are available for booking for dates 1/1/16 and beyond, but cannot be booked more than 499 days in advance.
- Experiencing the Disney theme parks while pregnant - Being pregnant at Disney can make it a different vacation, but still very fun.
- Zuri's Sweets Shop opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The treats will all be inspired by Africa and many will be unique to this location.
- Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! begins today at Hollywood Studios - The world of Frozen is taking over Hollywood Studios this summer! Spend the day enjoying the interactive experiences!
- Walt Disney World package offers available for families - A "Kid-sized package" and a "Magic Together" package are both available. Valid for stays select nights 8/15/15 - 10/3/15.
- Summer room only offer for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders - Valid for stays most nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Tips for planning your 2016 Walt Disney World vacation - Walt Disney World will be releasing the pricing and availability for 2016 rooms and packages on June 22, 2015.
- Rustlin' up some grub at Disney's Trail's End Restaurant - Recently we tried Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground, and were not disappointed.
- Summer room offer for Florida residents - Valid for stays most nights 6/6/15 - 8/13/15.
- Review: Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Star Wars Weekends - This dinner is held at Hollywood and Vine Restaurant and is a dinner buffet featuring Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale all dressed as Star Wars characters.
- Zuri's Sweets Shop coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom - This will be located in Harambe Market and will feature 80 new items such as decorative candy apples, flavored chocolate bars and popcorn.
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus - Allergy-friendly menus will be available at Magic Kingdom, the Deluxe hotels and Trail's End Restaurant later this month.
- A World of Lights: Aulani Edition - A showcase of uniquely themed light features at Aulani.
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages open for booking June 22! - Request a quote today to be added to our waitlist!
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant doing away with separate lunch and dinner times - Beginning July 3, the restaurant will be open straight through from 11:00am - 9:30pm.
- Taking a Disney Babymoon: 10 Ways to Make it Extra Special - Here are 10 tips I can offer to make your Disney babymoon a memorable experience.
- Tips for saving money on a Disney vacation - Disney fans are always on the lookout for deals and ways to save money in order to make another trip back to the magic.
- Norway Pavilion's Frozen attraction rumored to be opening May 1, 2016 - This attraction will be replacing the Maelstrom.
- Pizzafari will no longer serve breakfast - Breakfast at this Animal Kingdom restaurant will end June 17, as the park's new Starbucks will serve breakfast beginning June 18.
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab begins - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from June 8-September 25.
- Starbucks to open at Animal Kingdom June 18 - This will open on Discovery Island in the former Creature Comforts location.
- "Frozen Fever" short to be shown at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The new animated short, Frozen Fever, will be shown in the ABC Sound Studio from June 17-September 7.
- PhotoPass to be available at Disney water parks - PhotoPass photographers will be stationed at the water parks through Labor Day.
- Kids golf free in the afternoons at Aulani - Kids under 17 can golf free after 3:00pm at the Ko Olina Golf Club when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Blog - Disney Parks Take Top Six Spots In America Last Year
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Jiko Wine Dinner - This event will be held at Animal Kingdom Lodge on Thursday, June 11.
- Bus Roulette at Walt Disney World - The rules are simple, you jump on the first bus that comes.
- Mickey's Backyard BBQ now open 4 days per week - New food items have been added to the menu as well.
- 5 Surprisingly Romantic Spots in a Disney Park - There are actually many overlooked areas in the parks that are surprisingly romantic.