By: Corey Martin and William Perry II
Bringing you the more XTREME side of Orlando!
If you've been on International Drive near Wet-n-Wild, then you've probably seen this bizarre ufo-like structure. This strange building is iFly formally Sky Venture, a free fall skydiving adventure that floats you in a vertical wind tunnel with air speeds up to 145 mph. No experience is required, but some coordination is. There is short class where the instructor will teach you how to fly and give you necessary hand signals for communication while flying in the tunnel. The key is to relax, keep your chin up, arms in front of you, legs slightly apart and knees bent. Each class can have up to 12 people.
This is not a cheap attraction and might not be worth it for everyone. Prices range from $45 to $230 depending on how much time you choose, and whether or not you purchase the photo CD and the video. In our case, we purchased the AirXtreme package for $200. It included 10 minutes of flight time, that we divided between the two of us, plus the photos and video. Each person will take two turns flying in the tunnel, so if you purchase the 1 minute flight package, you really get two 30 second flight sessions. Extra time can also be purchased for $30 for 2 minutes. They supply all the equipment including, knee pads, elbow pads, ear plugs, flight suit, helmet and goggles.
This place was surprisingly busy. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your class time, or call beforehand. Reservations are suggested - call 1-800-SKY-FUN. We showed up at 3pm without a reservation and they where able to squeeze us in the 3:30 class. The video and photo CD you purchase includes the entire flight session of the whole class, so if there's another family in your class, you end up getting their photos and video too.
Check Rates and Packages Here
WARNINGS – This is a high activity sport, not a ride. Participants may experience minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and bruises. Anyone with a heart condition, prior shoulder dislocations, neck or back injuries or other conditions which would increase your risk of injury or are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication, chemical or substance.
Under 6’0” – 230 Lbs.
Maximum Over 6’0” – 260 Lbs. Maximum
Under 5’7” – 190 Lbs. Maximum
Over 5’7” – 220 Lbs. Maximum
Reservations suggested: call 407-903-1150 or 1-800-SKY-FUN
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.