By: Corey Martin and William Perry II
Bringing you the more XTREME side of Orlando!
If you've been on International Drive near Wet-n-Wild, then you've probably seen this bizarre ufo-like structure. This strange building is iFly formally Sky Venture, a free fall skydiving adventure that floats you in a vertical wind tunnel with air speeds up to 145 mph. No experience is required, but some coordination is. There is short class where the instructor will teach you how to fly and give you necessary hand signals for communication while flying in the tunnel. The key is to relax, keep your chin up, arms in front of you, legs slightly apart and knees bent. Each class can have up to 12 people.
This is not a cheap attraction and might not be worth it for everyone. Prices range from $45 to $230 depending on how much time you choose, and whether or not you purchase the photo CD and the video. In our case, we purchased the AirXtreme package for $200. It included 10 minutes of flight time, that we divided between the two of us, plus the photos and video. Each person will take two turns flying in the tunnel, so if you purchase the 1 minute flight package, you really get two 30 second flight sessions. Extra time can also be purchased for $30 for 2 minutes. They supply all the equipment including, knee pads, elbow pads, ear plugs, flight suit, helmet and goggles.
This place was surprisingly busy. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your class time, or call beforehand. Reservations are suggested - call 1-800-SKY-FUN. We showed up at 3pm without a reservation and they where able to squeeze us in the 3:30 class. The video and photo CD you purchase includes the entire flight session of the whole class, so if there's another family in your class, you end up getting their photos and video too.
Check Rates and Packages Here
WARNINGS – This is a high activity sport, not a ride. Participants may experience minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and bruises. Anyone with a heart condition, prior shoulder dislocations, neck or back injuries or other conditions which would increase your risk of injury or are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication, chemical or substance.
Under 6’0” – 230 Lbs.
Maximum Over 6’0” – 260 Lbs. Maximum
Under 5’7” – 190 Lbs. Maximum
Over 5’7” – 220 Lbs. Maximum
Reservations suggested: call 407-903-1150 or 1-800-SKY-FUN
- Is Disney Pricing Out the Middle Class? - I wanted to see how much of a difference there actually is from the 1990s to today in the percentage of income the middle class spends on tickets for a week's vacation.
- Hosts of ABC's "The Chew" return to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Kiosks at Walt Disney World to sell portable chargers for mobile devices
- Disney releases first "Moana" trailer
- 2016 Holiday Wishes Dessert Premium Package - The party will feature holiday-themed cupcakes and desserts, as well as reserved viewing for the parade and fireworks.
- Journey to the Northern Lights with New Frozen Book Series - Disney announced this week a new extension to the Frozen universe: Frozen Northern Lights, an original story set in the kingdom of Arendelle including a collection of books, animated shorts from LEGO and a full compilation set to air on Disney Channel this fall, and even digital extensions.
- Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's? - If you are new to the character dining experience, I offer my opinion on two popular breakfast character dining experiences located outside of the theme parks - 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's.
- Preview of Pete's Dragon coming to Disney Parks
- Slate of Pixar films set through 2020
- Updated pricing for Disney's golf courses - Resort Guest & Day Visitor Rates are per person and include greens fee, use of electric cart and pre-round practice balls.
- Why The Disney Stores Need To Make A Comeback - Regardless of the Disney Store's weird history, I am hoping now that the United States' economy is getting better, that The Walt Disney Company will beginning opening back up the stores that were closed.
- Disney Vacation Club to build at Caribbean Beach?
- FastPass+ for Pirates of the Caribbean being awarded during interactive Pirates Adventure game
- Walt Disney World reopens resort beaches and watercraft
- New menu items and Frozen-themed desserts at Epcot's Kringla Bakeri og Kafe
- Search suspended for alligator responsible for deadly attack at Disney hotel
- Epcot Is Crumbling And Disney Doesn't Seem To Care - When Walt Disney wanted to build Disney World in Orlando, Florida, Epcot was going to be the crowning jewel. After Walt Disney's death the entire concept of Epcot changed from being a futuristic city to a theme park.
- Frozen Ever After opens to long lines in the Norway Pavilion
- Refillable popcorn buckets coming to Walt Disney World
- Pull Your Dress Down, Your Jealousy is Showing: Why I Will No Longer Feel Guilty About Going to Disney - My family and I travel to Disney at least once a year, and most of the time, twice a year. When I mention that I will be off from work, I get the usual question of "Where are you going?"
- Two Walt Disney World Experts Discuss Disneyland - Based on our level of WDW knowledge, we sought to discuss Disneyland and what is different or unique about Walt's original park and the planning that goes into visiting the west coast.
- VIDEO: NEW Frozen Ever After 4K POV | Epcot - Take a ride through Arendelle with Olaf and Sven to meet-up with friends like Kristoff, Anna, Elsa, and more in Epcot's newest attraction, Frozen Ever After!
- VIDEO: NEW Anna & Elsa Royal Sommerhus Meet & Greet | Epcot - Head into Anna & Elsa's Royal Sommerhus to meet everyone's favorite Frozen characters. Take in all of the details along the way!
- Disney's Animal Kingdom expanding bus loading area
- VIDEO: Best Disneyland Attractions NOT AT Walt Disney World | Celebrating Disneyland - Join the members from the Disney World and Disneyland Editions of The DIS Unplugged as they discuss the best attractions at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure that you won't find at Walt Disney World!
- VIDEO: NEW "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire" Castle Stage Show | Magic Kingdom - Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire replaces Dream Along With Mickey, the long running Cinderella Castle stage show, and brings with it new Disney characters including Tiana, Naveen, Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Anna, Elsa and Olaf, along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy!
- 3 Disney Dining Experiences You Should Try At Least Once - One of my favorite times in planning my trips to Disney is the day I make my dining reservations.
- The Pros and Cons of Working in Walt Disney World - List of pros and cons from a former Walt Disney World cast member.
- Walt Disney World releases 2017 packages
- Photos of the new Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet at the Norway Pavilion
- List of 2017 Disney Dining Plan Participating Restaurants - More restaurants will be added as the year goes on and we get closer to 2017. Many restaurants, particularly at Disney Springs and Epcot, are not owned and operated by Disney, so it takes longer to finalize details with them.
- 2017 Disney Dining Plan - Most Character Meals Will Be One Credit
- Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour and La Cantina de San Angel to open early
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-And-Greet Guide: Epcot - I saved Epcot for last because it's my favourite place to meet the characters in Walt Disney World.
- Details on 2017 Disney Dining Plans at Walt Disney World
- Update on water-related activities at Walt Disney World
- Changes in character locations at the Magic Kingdom
- New experiences debut at Walt Disney World
- Updates to Magic Kingdom Smoking Areas
- Legal experts discuss possibility of lawsuit in deadly alligator attack at Disney
- 3 Big Concerns To Have About The Future Of Walt Disney World - Disney still delivers the best guest experience in the theme park industry, but in the foreseeable future they are about to have a couple of big problems that could turn the guest experience sour.
- Fence under construction at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Children's Pool at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort to close
- Alligator warning signs to be added on Disney resort beaches
- Walt Disney World ferry boats back in service; all other watercraft suspended
- How To Use Disney World's Fastpass+ System Effectively - Here are 10 tips that will hopefully help you and your family to use the FastPass+ system more effectively and really make it enhance your theme park experiences.