By: Corey Martin and William Perry II
Bringing you the more XTREME side of Orlando!
If you've been on International Drive near Wet-n-Wild, then you've probably seen this bizarre ufo-like structure. This strange building is iFly formally Sky Venture, a free fall skydiving adventure that floats you in a vertical wind tunnel with air speeds up to 145 mph. No experience is required, but some coordination is. There is short class where the instructor will teach you how to fly and give you necessary hand signals for communication while flying in the tunnel. The key is to relax, keep your chin up, arms in front of you, legs slightly apart and knees bent. Each class can have up to 12 people.
This is not a cheap attraction and might not be worth it for everyone. Prices range from $45 to $230 depending on how much time you choose, and whether or not you purchase the photo CD and the video. In our case, we purchased the AirXtreme package for $200. It included 10 minutes of flight time, that we divided between the two of us, plus the photos and video. Each person will take two turns flying in the tunnel, so if you purchase the 1 minute flight package, you really get two 30 second flight sessions. Extra time can also be purchased for $30 for 2 minutes. They supply all the equipment including, knee pads, elbow pads, ear plugs, flight suit, helmet and goggles.
This place was surprisingly busy. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your class time, or call beforehand. Reservations are suggested - call 1-800-SKY-FUN. We showed up at 3pm without a reservation and they where able to squeeze us in the 3:30 class. The video and photo CD you purchase includes the entire flight session of the whole class, so if there's another family in your class, you end up getting their photos and video too.
Check Rates and Packages Here
WARNINGS – This is a high activity sport, not a ride. Participants may experience minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and bruises. Anyone with a heart condition, prior shoulder dislocations, neck or back injuries or other conditions which would increase your risk of injury or are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication, chemical or substance.
Under 6’0” – 230 Lbs.
Maximum Over 6’0” – 260 Lbs. Maximum
Under 5’7” – 190 Lbs. Maximum
Over 5’7” – 220 Lbs. Maximum
Reservations suggested: call 407-903-1150 or 1-800-SKY-FUN
- 3 Things We’d Been Missing at the Magic Kingdom...Until Now - “You’re going again? Don’t you get bored? How can there be anything left to do?” Our answer is always no and yes. No, we’re not bored and yes, there are still things left to do.
- Backstage Tales begins today at Animal Kingdom - Taking place at the Animal Kingdom, guests will head backstage to check out the park's Veterinary Hospital, housing for animals and the Animal Nutrition Center.
- Egg-Stravaganza Easter egg hunt back for the second year - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. When you've completed your map, return it for a special surprise!
- March merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings to be held around Walt Disney World in March.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.