By: Corey Martin and William Perry II
Bringing you the more XTREME side of Orlando!
If you've been on International Drive near Wet-n-Wild, then you've probably seen this bizarre ufo-like structure. This strange building is iFly formally Sky Venture, a free fall skydiving adventure that floats you in a vertical wind tunnel with air speeds up to 145 mph. No experience is required, but some coordination is. There is short class where the instructor will teach you how to fly and give you necessary hand signals for communication while flying in the tunnel. The key is to relax, keep your chin up, arms in front of you, legs slightly apart and knees bent. Each class can have up to 12 people.
This is not a cheap attraction and might not be worth it for everyone. Prices range from $45 to $230 depending on how much time you choose, and whether or not you purchase the photo CD and the video. In our case, we purchased the AirXtreme package for $200. It included 10 minutes of flight time, that we divided between the two of us, plus the photos and video. Each person will take two turns flying in the tunnel, so if you purchase the 1 minute flight package, you really get two 30 second flight sessions. Extra time can also be purchased for $30 for 2 minutes. They supply all the equipment including, knee pads, elbow pads, ear plugs, flight suit, helmet and goggles.
This place was surprisingly busy. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your class time, or call beforehand. Reservations are suggested - call 1-800-SKY-FUN. We showed up at 3pm without a reservation and they where able to squeeze us in the 3:30 class. The video and photo CD you purchase includes the entire flight session of the whole class, so if there's another family in your class, you end up getting their photos and video too.
Check Rates and Packages Here
WARNINGS This is a high activity sport, not a ride. Participants may experience minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and bruises. Anyone with a heart condition, prior shoulder dislocations, neck or back injuries or other conditions which would increase your risk of injury or are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication, chemical or substance.
Under 60 230 Lbs.
Maximum Over 60 260 Lbs. Maximum
Under 57 190 Lbs. Maximum
Over 57 220 Lbs. Maximum
Reservations suggested: call 407-903-1150 or 1-800-SKY-FUN
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab moved back to June 8 - This was originally scheduled to begin May 11.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT - Combine the heat and humidity with walking, and possibly pushing strollers, and your day at the park can be down right exhausting.
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not? - What are the perks and are they worth it?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan" - Some of the greatest experiences we had were totally unexpected and not where you'd think they'd occur.
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29 - This is a change from the previously announced April 30.
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced - This year's concerts will be June 7-July 25, 2015.
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure - Indulge me in releasing our nostalgia for what Hollywood Studios once was or was meant to be.
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation - Do you like to surprise your kids at the last minute or let them know well in advance of the trip? Weve done both and there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23 - Waterfront margarita bar, themed like a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s and serving handcrafted margaritas and authentic Florida brews.
- Walt Disney World for Teens - Walt Disney World often has a reputation of being for young kids or families and not necessarily for teens.
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors" - As new residents of Orlando we were excited to try the new food truck area at Disney Springs.
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available - Cost is $69 adults, $39 children (ages 3-9).
- it's a small world closes for rehab - The attraction will reopen later this week.
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered - Pre-ordering is available from 30 days to 5 minutes prior to the reservation time.
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney - This restaurants is located on the water in the Pleasure Island area of Downtown Disney.
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb - This Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed through May 18.
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney - This upscale, waterfront restaurant is one of the newest restaurants to join the Disney Springs area.
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney - The Runway Princess collection and the Beach collection will be released on April 25 at Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op.
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments - In order to help my fellow Disney fan dads, I decided to put together a short list in hopes that you will have fewer "duh" moments on your trip.
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower - When choosing which resort in Walt Disney World to stay at with young children, many parents take into consideration how "kid-friendly" the resort appears to be.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale - The Party will be held select nights November 8-December 18, 2015.
- Night of Joy tickets now available - Night of Joy will be held this year on September 11-12.
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party will be held on select nights September 15-November 1, 2015.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends - The packages offer reserved viewing for several of the weekend's events.
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - The pool has been closed for several months for a remodel.
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September - The pool will be closed for maintenance September 8-10, 2015.
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks - Sometimes on a Walt Disney World vacation, you find yourselves looking for dining options out of the parks, but still not too far away.
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced - Jiko wine dinners will be held April 18 and 19.