By: Corey Martin and William Perry II
Bringing you the more XTREME side of Orlando!
If you've been on International Drive near Wet-n-Wild, then you've probably seen this bizarre ufo-like structure. This strange building is iFly formally Sky Venture, a free fall skydiving adventure that floats you in a vertical wind tunnel with air speeds up to 145 mph. No experience is required, but some coordination is. There is short class where the instructor will teach you how to fly and give you necessary hand signals for communication while flying in the tunnel. The key is to relax, keep your chin up, arms in front of you, legs slightly apart and knees bent. Each class can have up to 12 people.
This is not a cheap attraction and might not be worth it for everyone. Prices range from $45 to $230 depending on how much time you choose, and whether or not you purchase the photo CD and the video. In our case, we purchased the AirXtreme package for $200. It included 10 minutes of flight time, that we divided between the two of us, plus the photos and video. Each person will take two turns flying in the tunnel, so if you purchase the 1 minute flight package, you really get two 30 second flight sessions. Extra time can also be purchased for $30 for 2 minutes. They supply all the equipment including, knee pads, elbow pads, ear plugs, flight suit, helmet and goggles.
This place was surprisingly busy. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your class time, or call beforehand. Reservations are suggested - call 1-800-SKY-FUN. We showed up at 3pm without a reservation and they where able to squeeze us in the 3:30 class. The video and photo CD you purchase includes the entire flight session of the whole class, so if there's another family in your class, you end up getting their photos and video too.
Check Rates and Packages Here
WARNINGS This is a high activity sport, not a ride. Participants may experience minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and bruises. Anyone with a heart condition, prior shoulder dislocations, neck or back injuries or other conditions which would increase your risk of injury or are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication, chemical or substance.
Under 60 230 Lbs.
Maximum Over 60 260 Lbs. Maximum
Under 57 190 Lbs. Maximum
Over 57 220 Lbs. Maximum
Reservations suggested: call 407-903-1150 or 1-800-SKY-FUN
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Residence Inn Maingate
- New stage show for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Disney has a announced a new "Hocus Pocus" themed villains show for this year's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Star Wars, Star What ?!? - Why a non Star Wars fan should attend Star Wars weekends
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Knott's Berry Farm
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Sheraton Park
- New Epcot tour- World Showcase DestiNations Discovered - This 5-hour walking tour will take guests backstage at the World Showcase.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - California Adventure
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Grand Californian
- Blog - I Can Go the Distance...Now That I've Processed My Race Deferral
- Harambe Market opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - This new quick-service location is located behind the Mombasa Marketplace.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Hilton Anaheim
- Hoypoloi closing at Downtown Disney 5/25/15 - It will be replaced by United World Soccer in July.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Howard Johnson Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Downtown Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Hotel
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Park
- 'Paint the Night' Full Nighttime Electrical Parade - 'Paint the Night' is the brand new nighttime electrical parade at Disneyland for the 60th Anniversary Celebration. 'Paint the Night' originated in Hong Kong Disneyland and proved popular enough to replicate for Disneyland Park, with just a few improvements like the Main Street Electrical Parade drum float leading off the parade and a brand new Frozen float with Anna, Elsa and Olaf!
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Full Show with Outros - World of Color - Celebrate tells the story and legacy of Walt Disney as narrated by Neil Patrick Harris and the one and only Mickey Mouse. The story starts with Walt creating Mickey Mouse and showing his evolution before moving into Walt's progression into feature length animation. The story wraps with Disneyland and remembering that it was all started by a mouse.
- VIDEO: The Force Awakens and Star Tours in 'World of Color - Celebrate' - In the brand new World of Color - Celebrate, Star Wars - The Force Awakens and Star Tours make an appearance in the show highlighting the great things to come from Walt Disney's life as hosted by Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.
- Life Through the Disney Lens
- New additions announced for Disney Springs - There are several retail stores and dining venues on the list.
- Blog - Review: "Tomorrowland" perfectly channels Walt Disney's philosophy and spirit
- Blog - Top 5 ways to be a good guest at Walt Disney World - Do's and Don'ts
- Blog - Star Wars Weekend Merchandise Hits the Shelves
- VIDEO: Star Wars Weekends 2015 Food, Merchandise and More! - Star Wars Weekends is Disney's Hollywood Studios' epic yearly event that showcases everything there is to love about the Star Wars Universe.
- VIDEO: Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast - Breakfast offers the opportunity to meet Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Jawa, Greedo and Stormtroopers. Star Wars movie clips will be shown on the movie screen at the restaurant instead of the normal science fiction clips.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2015
- Schedule of events for Coolest Summer Ever 24-hour party - Kick off summer with this 24-hour party, to be held from 6am-6am May 22-23!
- Full schedule for Star Wars Weekends - Star Wars Weekends runs through June 14, 2015.
- Chef Mickey's to add brunch beginning May 31 - Brunch will be served from 11:30am-2:30pm.
- A Monstrous Rock Your Coolest Summer: A Guide to 24 Hours at Disney
- What Haven't I Done at Disney?
- Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
- Free transportation offer at Aulani - Book a 4 night or longer stay at Aulani and get free round-trip transportation between the airport and Aulani, plus a free 1-day mid-size Alamo car rental.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Ultimate Guide to show at Hollywood Studios - This 30-minute recap of the first season of Star Wars Rebels will show at 10:00am daily through 30 minutes before park closing.
- Top 10 Most Featured Movies at Walt Disney World
- Store operating hours adjusted for Downtown Disney West Side - These stores are now open the same hours as the rest of Downtown Disney.
- Animal Kingdom's TriceraTop Spin begins 2-week rehab - The ride will be closed 5/11/2015 - 5/24/2015.
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update May 2015
- Dates for 2015 Holiday Cruises on Disney Cruise Line - Each ship will offer "Halloween on the High Seas" and "Very Merrytime Cruises" itineraries.
- Disney Channel and Disney XD stars to be at Coolest Summer Ever event - Disney Channel's Club Chill will take place in Tomorrowland and several stars will kick off the afternoon Festival of Fantasy parade.
- November 2015 park hours released for Walt Disney World
- Construction at Downtown Disney to cause road closures - The intersection of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Boulevard will be closed from midnight - 7:00am on the night of May 11 into the morning of May 12 and on the night of May 19 into the morning of May 20.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Book a 4 night stay at Aulani and get a 25% discount; book 5+ nights at Aulani and get a 30% discount.
- Rebel Hangar: Star Wars Lounge Experience planned for Star Wars Weekends - This lounge will offer a selection of Star Wars-themed foods and drinks.
- Blog - A Look Back: Walt Disney World's Swan and Dolphin Hotels
- My Perfect Day at Walt Disney World
- Disney Pin Trading: The Perfect, Collectible Souvenir - Looking for the perfect Disney World souvenir? Try Disney pin trading.
- Sneak Peek of "Inside Out" film coming to Epcot - The preview will include an advance look at a sequence from the film, in-theater special effects and an introduction from the filmmakers.
- The Fairy Godparents of the Parks - Some guests may turn into villains, but others turn into our Fairy Godparents.
- Walt Disney World on a Budget - I feel like just a small alteration in expectations can save you money and possibly allow you to visit more often.
- Blog - Express Food Ordering Test At Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Happy 26th Birthday to Disney's Hollywood Studios! - This park opened its doors on May 1, 1989.
- May merchandise events for Walt Disney World - List of artist appearances and signings from around Walt Disney World.
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus - All of the Resorts restaurants will have allergy-friendly menus by the end of the year.
- Disney Character Review - Gaston - He is such an over the top character that even as a cartoon he seems like a caricature of what a villain should be.
- New a cappella group to perform on America Gardens Theatre Stage - A new group, American Music Machine, will be performing on the America Gardens Theatre stage Wed-Sun at 12, 12:45, 1:40, 2:20 and 3:45. They are a 5 member a cappella group singing contemporary American hits.
- Registration now open for the 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events. - The dates for this event are 1/6-1/10/16.
- Trader Sam's now officially open at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - The lounge has been open for a few weeks, but was previously still considered in soft opening.
- Big Thunder Mountain begins 4 day rehab - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed through April 30.
- Walt Disney World FREE DINING Basics and FAQ's
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+ - This is my experience of using MyDisneyExperience & MyMagic+: my likes, dislikes, what I found useful when booking and tips I would like to pass on to help you plan your next Walt Disney World vacation.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person