Rock Your Disney Side at Walt Disney World
Rock Your Disney Side: 24-Hours
6:00am May 23 - 6:00am May 24, 2014
The Magic Kingdom will be open for 24 straight hours! This is not a hard-ticketed event, so all you need is your regular Magic Kingdom admission. Guests are encouraged to dress in costumes and enjoy the fun!
- The whole event kicks off with a special version of the morning Welcome Show - both heroes and villains are on their way to the Magic Kingdom!
- The "Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!" street party will feature the Disney heroes at 10:00am, the Disney Villains at 1:30pm and as for the third performance - it's up to the guests! Friday morning, theme park guests can vote on who they want to see in the 5:45pm party.
- The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will take place at 12:00pm and 3:30pm.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade will run at 11:00pm and 1:00am. Right before the parade in a special pre-parade, the Disney Villains will make their way through the park showing guests how "It's Good to Be Bad!"
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular fireworks can be seen at 9:00pm and Celebrate the Magic will take place at 8:45pm, 9:45pm, and 11:45pm.
- The "#IncrediblesSuperDance Party" will take place at the Rockettower Plaza Stage throughout the night, followed by screenings of The Incredibles.
- The Up All Night Dance Party at Cinderella Castle and the Frontierland Dance Party will be underway from 2:00am-5:45am.
- The whole party ends with a special "Kiss Goodnight" at 5:50am at the Train Station on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Guests will get to meet a variety of Disney characters, including some rarely seen villains, such as Maleficent, Cruella De Vil, the Big Bad Wolf, Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons and Stromboli from Pinocchio. The villains will have meet and greets around the parks, as well as take place in the "It's Good to Be Bad" pre-parade before the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- At 11:00pm, half of Princess Fairytale Hall will transform into Scary Tale Hall for guests to meet two of their favorite villains - Maleficent and the Evil Queen. On the other side, guests will have the chance to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- At 1:45am, the park's meet and greet locations will be taken over by the Villains from each movie. Instead of meeting Aladdin and Jasmine in Adventureland, guests will find Jafar. Dr. Facilier will replace Princess Tiana and Captain Hook will take Peter Pan's place. There may be even more villains appearing around the park!
The list of attractions below have different operating hours than the Park. Everything not listed will be open 6:00am Friday -6:00am Saturday.
- A Pirate's Adventure - Treasures of the Seven Seas: 6:00am-5:00am
- Barnstormer: 6:00am-10:30pm and 1:30am-6:00am
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: 6:00am-5:30am
- Dumbo: 6:00am-2:30am and 4:30am-6:00am
- Haunted Mansion: 6:00am-5:00am
- it's a small world: 6:00am-4:00am
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 10:00am-8:00pm, 10:00pm-4:00am
- Mad Tea Party: 6:00am-11:45pm and 3:00am-6:00am
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor: 9:00am-6:00am
- Peter Pan's Flight: 6:00am-5:30am
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 6:00am-5:00am
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom: 6:00am-5:00am
- Space Mountain: 6:00am-4:00am
- Splash Mountain: 6:00am-5:30am
- Tom Sawyer Island: 8:00am-dusk
- Journey of the Little Mermaid: 6:00am-5:00am
- Walt Disney World Railroad: 6:00am-8:00pm and 10:00pm-6:00am
- Sleepy Hollow - Poisoned apple waffle sundae (waffles with stewed apple topping and whipped cream
- The Lunching Pad - Olaf souvenir cup with specialty beverage
- The Friar's Nook - Olaf souvenir cup with specialty beverage
- Gaston's Tavern - Princess-themed cupcake
- Main Street Bakery - Maleficent cupcake, Frozen-themed cupcake, Olaf carrot cupcake
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and The Plaza Restaurant - Mickey's Kitchen Sink Sundae
- Storybook Treats - Poisoned apple shortcake sundae (ice cream, yellow cake, stewed apple topping and whipped cream
- Outdoor kiosks - pink and blue "Heroes and Villains" cotton candy
- Breakfast Items
- Main Street Bakery - Starbucks breakfast sandwiches
- Casey's Corner - breakfast sandwich
- Pinocchio Village Haus - breakfast flatbread pizza
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - hot breakfast sandwich
- Columbia Harbour House - French toast sticks and bacon
- Sleepy Hollow - breakfast waffle sandwich
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - hot breakfast sandwich
- The Lunching Pad - breakfast dog
- Cereal, fruit, muffins and yogurt will be available at grab 'n go locations through the park
Buses from the Walt Disney World hotels will begin running at 5:15am on May 23 and be available for the duration of the event. Boat transporation will also begin at 5:15am.
The Ticket and Transportation Center will open at 4:30am on May 23 for guests arriving to the Magic Kingdom by car. Ferry and monorail service to the Magic Kingdom will begin at 5:15am.
The Express monorail, which runs from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom will be available from 5:15am on May 23 to 7:00am on May 24.
The Resort monorail, which runs in a loop between the TTC, the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary, will run from 5:15am on May 23 to 3:30am on May 24, then from 5:30am on May 24 to 1:00am on May 25.
The Epcot monorail will run from 8:00am on May 23 to 1:00am on May 24 and from 3:30am to 11:00pm on May 24.
Official Disney Press Release:
Three Disney Parks Celebrate Summer Fun with a Rockin’ Bi-Coastal All-Nighter ANAHEIM, Calif. and LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (May 15, 2014) – Disney Parks will kick off the summer travel season with a 24-hour, coast-to-coast celebration that invites guests to “Rock Your Disney Side” at three Disney theme parks - Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort in California, and Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
From 6 a.m. Friday, May 23, to 6 a.m. Saturday, May 24, 2014*, on each coast, guests will spend 24 hours laughing, screaming, dancing and embracing their own Disney Side – that fun, playful side that emerges as they enter a Disney park.
Disney pirates, princesses, villains and a few rarely seen characters will stay in the parks all day and all night, inviting guests to dress up for the occasion, too. Guests may join the party dressed in costume, perhaps as their favorite Disney Hero or Villain. Costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.
The 24-hour celebration of summer also features special entertainment in all three parks.
At Walt Disney World Resort, near Orlando, Florida
In Florida, a cast of Disney Villains will have a special place in the Magic Kingdom 24-hour celebration, including Maleficent, Cruella De Vil and such rarely spotted miscreants as the Big Bad Wolf, Stromboli from “Pinocchio,” and Bowler Hat Guy from “Meet the Robinsons.” They will appear in locations throughout the park and also join in the “It’s Good to Be Bad” cavalcade preceding Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade.
Book a Walt Disney World Vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Guests at the Magic Kingdom will enjoy nighttime dancing around Cinderella Castle and in Frontierland. The “#IncrediblesSuperDanceParty,” a nightly feature throughout the summer, will be followed during the All-Nighter by special screenings of “The Incredibles” at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
At the Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, California
In California, the 24-hour fun begins in the Esplanade outside the entrances to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, where guests will discover Olaf, the lovable snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated film “Frozen, represented by a larger-than-life sand sculpture. Fireworks and live entertainment will entertain guests as the parks open at 6 a.m. Pacific Time.
At Disneyland, exciting entertainment will include the “Avengers Super Hero Movie Marathon” throughout the day and overnight in the Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland. Nighttime highlights will feature an after-midnight performance of “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” and dance-till-dawn parties at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dance Club and the Sleeping Beauty Castle Forecourt Dance Club. In addition to 24 hours of atmosphere entertainment and appearances by Disney characters, the Disney Villains are planning an overnight “takeover” of the Royal Hall in Fantasy Faire.
Disney California Adventure invites guests to kick off summer with an all-night “Mad T Party,” dancing in Pacific Wharf and Paradise Garden, and a special 3 a.m. performance of “World of Color,” the water spectacular with nearly 1,200 dancing fountains.
Just the Beginning
The All-Nighter is just the beginning of the summer fun at Disney Parks on both coasts.
At Walt Disney World, the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction, opening May 28, takes guests on a rollicking musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine” and becomes the crowning jewel of New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. Also at Magic Kingdom, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade brings the magical stories of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative parade floats, vibrant costumes and an original soundtrack that features beloved songs from favorite Disney films along with a new parade theme song.
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the popular and highly interactive musical show “Festival of the Lion King” returns this summer in the new Harambe Theatre. The park will offer Harambe Nights on Saturday evenings, June 7 through August 9, featuring a dazzling theatrical experience and energetic street party to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney’s acclaimed “The Lion King.”
At the Disneyland Resort, guests will enjoy the thrills of the newly reopened and enhanced Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, along with dazzling summer entertainment that, beginning in mid-June, will include “Frozen” characters in a special pre-parade float for “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.” The pre-parade unit features Princess Anna and snowman Olaf frolicking in the snow while Queen Elsa is depicted in her icy domain.
Other summer entertainment in Disneyland includes daily performances of the enchanting “Mickey and the Magical Map” stage show, nightly performances of both “Fantasmic!” and “Magical” fireworks, featuring aerial flights by both Tinker Bell and Dumbo, and a variety of new entertainment daily in Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. At Disney California Adventure, guests continue to enjoy the thrills and fun of Cars Land and the after-dark excitement of “World of Color” and “Mad T Party.”
Book a Disneyland Vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel
Guests who choose to stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel – Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel or Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa – have the added benefits of Extra Magic Hour early admission to the parks (selected locations), easy access to Disney Character Dining in hotel restaurants, an exclusive entrance into Disney California Adventure park through Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, and special wake-up calls from Disney characters. Visit the Disneyland Resort Hotels page for details.