What Disney ride, show or attraction do you think would make a good film? and who should star in it?
52 replies - Newest at the top
Click Here to send in your thoughts
52 replies - Newest at the top
Click Here to send in your thoughts
|ok idint explain. have aerosmith invite 2 lukey winners to theirnrecording studio only the limo somehow drives into another demension. i dunno how the heck thats gonna work but o well. Robin williams( limo driver), Johnny depp, Harrison ford and aerosmith(obviously). It would be a sci-fi comedy. then aerosmith will play a song at the end. What wiil it be? dun dun duh. go sox! Elements are kool boards! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- dude, its shane!
disney freak, samesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesa
|Rockin' Rollercoaster baby!
belize city, belize
|i think the everest ride would make a great film if done properly like the pirates, thanks sherry
-- sherry tindel
|i would like to see the ride, small world,become a movie. this was my mothers favorite ride,we lost mom 2 years ago.
-- karen mchale
|I think it's about time for another Muppet film. I'd like to see more done with the Muppets, and I think it'd be cute to see one with a theme kind of like American Idol and just for fun, it'd be fun to see Simon Cowell and Kermit critique Muppet and human performers with a dream for stardom.
-- Sarah Stroud
|Oh, yes the jungle cruise was one of my favorites when I first visited the park in the 70's. The employees would make it so scary and the sites were awsome. A movie is a wonderful idea
-- Betty Loraine Johnson
Avon Park, Florida
|How about a movie that takes place in Disney World? There is already a book out that is about the anamatronic characters coming alive in the park.
|How bout the Enchanted Tiki Room? Those Birds are creative and talented. I think this attraction can be made into a movie.
|Big thunder mountain should star Jake Richter, a Johnny Depp style actor, with a look of the old west type of character.
-- Ron and Debbie Richter
|I think Expedition Everest. It would be about an expedition team trying to reach the top of mount everest. Then one falls behind and gets taken away by these people whoe have a hidden village in the mountains.He soon finds out that the Yeti is real and these people worship it.
-- Jon Crecelius
|Tower of Terror!
|I would like to see a movie based on Kilimanjaro Safari's. I think Little Red and Big Red could be compelling characters in a movie. It would make an exciting story line as well
|OK - so there are the obvious - Expedition Everest! Thunder Mountain! Space Mountain! All could be blockbusters!
On a less obvious note - Kilamanjaro Safaris could be quite interresting. They may have to change the ride a bit after the movie came out (not enough there for a complete movie plot) - but as we've seen with POC - they are willing to do that.
Could be interesting!
Gulf Breeze, Florida
|I think Kilimanjaro Safari would make a good movie. Add a hero, a heroine and poachers and of course some great animals.
|It should be Space Moutain staring tom hanks!
-- nathan combs
|Okay, my first thought went to Expedition Everest or Rock N Roller Coaster, but then realized I was too chicken to ever ride those, so I don't know what the story would be about. Then as a mom, I thought a nice family movie could be made about the search for Little Red from the Kilimanjaro Safari. If it was a live movie, it would have beautiful cinematography and could enlighten people about the poaching for the ivory tusks. If it is an animated film, I would love to hear James Earl Jones as one of the voices. I would also love to hear the actor who portrays Warden Wilson Matua in this movie.
|For years, I have thought a movie should be made using Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain as a theme, moreso the former. Not too country, but involving mines, miners, treasure seekers, people getting lost within and river rides. If anybody can do it, Disney can. :)
For stars, I think Dennis Quaid, Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton, Evangline Lily, and some great new upcoming kid actors/actresses.
-- Barbara M
-- Finding Nemo; the Musical
Pleasant Hill, CA
|Rather than another lame movie (e.g. Haunted Mansion and its brethren) promoting a themed ride or attraction, I think that a spectacular film could be based upon the life of the man behind the mouse, Walt Disney, whose extraordinary vision is explored in the Disney-MGM exhibit "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream". My family discovered this exhibit on our last trip the World, when we ran inside to escape the inevitable summer showers. Lucky us! Truth is not just stranger than fiction, but often more entertaining.
Stony Brook, New York
|An animated verison of test track. With the crash dummies as the stars of the show. With Tommy Hanks, Eddie Murphy, John Ratzenberger has the goofy sidekick and as the villian would be James Earl Jones cause of his booming voice. Of course the female voice in the movie would be Anglina Jolie as the love interest between Eddie and Tom Hanks.
-- Jennifer M
|Mission Space - Michael Keaton, Tom Hanks, Will Smith and Nicole Kidman.
A sci-fi movie that shows the futuristic adventures of space travel to Mars and beyond, but also pays tribute to those that have set the path as well as the ones that gave there lives for the better of the NASA program.
-- Ed Arnold
|I would make a movie from cinderellabration. It will be a story about the journey of the princess as they way to cinderella's castle.
-- Breniyah henderson
|I think that Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain would make a great movie. The ride has a great story and could easily be expanded on by the workers at Disney. They could create a wonderful movie out of this ride.
-- Taylor Yancik
|I don't want any more rides turn into movies. If the movie does poorly, the ride is endangered of being closed (as the rumor for Country Bears would have you believe) or it gives fodder to the people screaming that all movies should be Pixar now. If the movie does well, they'll change the ride's nature so that we're cheering for someone who lets a town get murdered while he steals all their valuables.
No thanks. Leave the rides alone.
|Lets see a movie on Pop Century's Legendairy years and why its taking so long to complete. The story line would be that the now decesead actors cause havic as the buildres are trying to complete the project. Walt Disney would be the ghost trying to get things done and lets say some Disney villians would be making the bad things happen. The contractors could be Tim Allen, Robin Williams etc. An off shoot would be for a family with kids to be linked to one of the building actors so that the children and a dog could be part of seeing the ghosts. You could also involve Hour Glass Lake.
-- Cindy Crapo
This would make a great film.
A junior ice hockey team, on their way to the play-offs have to go by plane as the roads are impassable due to heavy snow. The plane develops structural failure and splits into two. The adults and pilots are in the front section and they glide to the bottom of Everest but the children's half is stranded in a valley on Everest, miles away from civilisation.
Nobody is killed but they all need to pull together using their skills to get off the mountain and avoid the Yeti and other creatures. An expedition is mounted to rescue the children and bring them safely home.
I see this film as fun and not serious.
Adult star - leader of the expedition: Vin Diesel (funny, tough and serious), with Meg Ryan tagging along as an anxious mother (dippy, but kind and fun).
Child star: Max Thieriot (The Pacifier. would make a great leader in a crisis
|Expedition Everest could make a great adventure on the big screen. Through in a little romance, mystery...maybe of a rumored treasure at the top, not to mention the yeti. I picture Brad Pitt in the lead. I think because of his "Seven Years in Tibet" he is the first name that comes to mind. I envisioning an "Indiana Jones" style picture with good vs. evil in the race to the top. He would be great at the combination of humor and adventure that I am imagineering in my mind for this movie.
|How about Expedition Everest? I think it would make an excellent movie. It seems the Disney Movies are being made after older Disney rides. But couldn't you imagine Expedition Everest and the Yeti? What a great adventure it would be. Coming to theater near you...
-- Leanne Hackett
|Killmanjaro Safaris along with Kali River Rapid
Movie plot - Trip through Africa with some humor addded. A group of tourists make a mistake and take the wrong road in Africa. They meet wild animals, native tribes, and take a ride on a raft down a wild river to their final destination - a resort (similar to Animal Kingdom.)
Cast would include: Arnold Schwarzengger, Robin Williams, Amanda Bynes, Zac Efron and Hilary Duff)
, New York
|The history of the Haunted Mansion. How it all came about, the novel head stone names, and the people they represent. Possibly, someone tempting the 999 ghosts and the troublesome 1000th who unwittingly joins the cast.
Pittsfield, MA 01201
|Ok -- I read it backwards!! how embarrassing....
N. Grosvenordale, CT
|I always thought the door room chase scene at the end of Monsters, Inc would have made a cool roller coaster! Imagine it in the dark, with flourescent doors surrounding riders who would be riding suspended from the track (like Batman at 6Flags). Escape from Randall! And Randall could appear and disappear at random throughout the ride. I'm sure Disney could make it incredibly cool given their creative minds!
N. Grosvenordale, CT
|Journey into the Imagination with Figment. Figment is loved by many. My son absolutely loves him. I think it would appeal to many people, including adults (ie Dr Nigel Channing is a former Monty Python actor and is hilarious).
-- Kathy Duncan(digskat)
Goderich, Ontario, Canada
|I think a fantastic movie could be made about the whole park itself. Have a movie about a young boy who gets a magic ticket - a ticket that literally transports him to many of the actual locations that the wonderful rides are based on. He could be shooting down a real western mountain on a run-away train. Fighting for his life in a real haunted mansion. Trying to stay one step ahead of the blood-thirsty pirates, etc... I know there have been other movies with magic tickets, but I think disney could outshine them all.
-- The Whiff
|Without a doubt - It's a Small World.
Just think about it, if this were made into a movie, you could hear that fantastic catchy little tune repeating over and over and over and over from the the privacy of your own home. Day and Night, non-stop over and over and over....
|The Carosel of Progress would make a terrific movie.
See how modern conviences and technology has changed throughout the century....and into the future. Only The family stays the same (due to some electrical malfunction at the beginning of the 1900's) They never age.
Sort of a "Meet Me in St. Louis family in the Twilight Zone Story"!
East Stroudsburg, PA
|its not a ride it is a book that we just read called the kingdom keepers it would be an awsome film...
i recommend this book you can get it at the park or a book store it takes place at the magic kingdom after the park clothes.
|I think a great movie would be Expidetion Everest. IT would be great with the Yetti and a few more characters.
|I think the one they need to make as a film is... Dumbo. No really, I'm serious, Dumbo. But NOT animated -- living actors (and elephants, natch) with CGI. Living actors worked (kind of) for 101 Dalmations... so they need to do it with Dumbo :)
|Main Street, USA would be a wonderful setting for a movie. I've always wondered about the inhabitants there when I hear the piano playing or the conversations on the party line telephone. Perhaps some type of remake of The Music Man? The characters that are already cast there, such as the Barbershop Quartet, the marching band, the 'townspeople', and shop owners would be a great basis for stories. Of course, there would have to be a hero to save the town or heroine from a dire end. I'm thinking, maybe, Tom Welling for a sensitive strong guy. Andrea Bowen for the beautiful but good, girl-next-door heroine. Villains would probably depend on what exactly they did that was nefarious. If the villain is somewhat deranged, Christopher Walken would be my choice. If we go with a villain that is evil but sophisticated, then I'd choose Sean Connery. Meredith Viera would be perfect as a sophisticated businesswoman looking to make lots of money without regard to the charm of the town. Oh, the possiblities are just endless........
-- A Maloy
|I would love to see Expedition Everest made into a movie,its a natural fit! I could see Heath Ledger as a cocky expedition leader trying to get his team through the Forbidden Mountain to Base Camp ahead of all other teams to recover a valuable artifact. Rachel McAdam could play the American woman chosen to head a team of crack climbers also on the hunt for the artifact. They will have to survive the Forbidden Mountain when their train derails and will find themselves hunted by the mythical Yeti.
|Oh this is easy! I was thinking of this while I was there two weeks ago! The Haunted Mansion! I had read that the ride itself is about the story of lost love. How easy it would be to make a movie about that! Who doesn't like a love story that turns into a horror (Disney style please) flick?!
-- Jen K-L
|I would love to see Philharmagic out in theaters, beefed up a little of course, but this is by far the best new offering from WDW in years!
-- Al and Kate's Mom
Spring Hill, TN
|OK. This is a tough question for me, given that most of the popular attractions are already themed around a Disney film or show. So I'm going with Expedition Everest: The Movie starring Tim Allen & Jamie Lee Kurtis & 2 kids. As a typical American surburban family, who sets out to embark on an adventurous vacation in the Himalayas, but the kids happen to come across the Yeti by chance. The parents dont believe their story, but some "bad" people who have been searching for the Yeti for years do, for they have been trying to capture it for extreme monetary gain, and they happen to over hear what the kids were telling their parents. So the "bad guys" secretly follow the family to find the Yeti, as they set out to capture it, the family takes up the cause of the Yeti, to stop the bad guys, and to protect the Yeti and his natural habitat. Of course the ending is happy, the "bad guys" don't even get a photo, they end up in jail, and the secrets of the Yeti remain a mystery. I would personally love to see a National Lampoon's Disney World Vacation with Chevy Chase and the gang.
Superior Twp, MI
|My pick is Stitch's Great Escape because we never knew about Stitch's life before he came to earth. I luv the wild Stitch.
-- brian henderson
danville , virginia
|Without a doubt...Expedition Everest
-- Lisa B.
|Expedition Everest would make an exciting Movie!
I think the storyline would be great! Daring Explorers are heading to Mount Everest to determine if the legend of the Yeti is real. There could be alot of action and spooky suspense in this movie.
W. St. Paul, MN
|I dont know exactly how to make it a blockbuster such as "PIRATES" but it has to be a comedy with a silly captain, maybe someone like ROBIN WILLIAMS or can go another way and make the captain demented KURT RUSSELL (remember captain ron) ..should be interesting just to see how the writers will get 90 minutes of action packed into this type of film.
|I thought the Disney railroad train ride. Something on the order of a Jules Verne Around the World in 80 days theme; part adventure, part twilight zone as to emerge in different lands, and part travel channel. Throw in some zany characters on the scale of those from the film "The Great Race", add maybe a road race as in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World", some exotic locales as in "Hatari", and an ending like that of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (maybe even old-time victorian era) and I think it would be rather good.
P.S. Let me know if you need a hand writing the script! or even the photography!
-- Tom Kurowski
|I think that Expedition Everest would make a great film. I have not been on the ride yet but have heard of all the work that went into it. I believe the film would be fast and action packed.
I would want Harrison Ford and Leonardo Di Caprio to star in it. I think that both actors are perfect because both can be serious or funny when they need be and can take a film to higher heights.
For female role, I would like to see Michelle Kwan. She is athletic and a good role model for people to never give up.
-- Fast pass
|This one's too easy. "20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA" is long overdue for a quality remake. Then possibly "SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON" could be next.
-- George S
Ocean Springs, Mississippi (Gulf Coast)
Click Here to send in your thoughts
Call us at 1-877-310-9662 and Sound Off!!
See AllDIS UPDATES
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
See AllDISNEY NEWS STORIES
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS
See AllTHEME PARK DISCUSSIONS
DISNEY PARK HOURS
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom