Here are the $25 Disney dining certificate winners
from this week's Sound Off. Congratulations!
My favorite out of the way place in Walt Disney World isn't too "out of the way" but it sure is peaceful and a welcome respite from the hot Florida Sun. My spot is located inside the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot. After entering the main courtyard, to the right of the stairs you walk down into the Marketplace is a bench. This bench provides a nice view of the hustle and bustle of the Mexican Pavilion. It is nice to watch the shoppers and gaze up at the peaceful (albeit false) night sky. What really makes this bench something special it is in the direct line of the Most Powerful air conditioning vent in WDW (in my opinion). The cool air blasts you as you relax, listen the to ambient noise of the pavilion and get recharged for what great adventure you want to take on next. That is my favorite out of the way spot in Walt Disney World!
Shawn OKeefe- Buffalo NY
BTW -- Guys I LOVE the roundtable discussions the are wonderful and your information is far more in depth than any other podcast out there DO NOT ABANDON THE CONCEPT. The roundtables have been great and look forward to the next one.
Actually, we have several favorites.
In Epcot's World Showcase we pick up a snack at the Boulangerie in France then take a walk through the alley beside the perfume shop across the way. There is a garden there we we have met Princess Aurelia (sleeping beauty) and Belle (Beauty and the Beast).
There is a waterfall in back of the Totem poles in Canada on the way to the O Canada movie. A lot of people skip the movie so they don't go back there to explore.
In MK we like to walk from the Toon town train station to Tomorrowland along a path in back of the rides. We usually have the area to ourselves instead of fighting the crowds in Toon town.
We enjoy going to the campfire sing along at Fort Wilderness campground and making smores
The little movie theatre in the back of the film store next to Tony's on Main St in MK is fun and always seems to be empty.
In Animal Kingdom the trail with the Tigers in Asia is cool.
At MGM we like to go to the artists studio and create a sketch and see the art work.
Have a magical day!
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.