CityWalk Entertainment & Clubs
As the sun goes down, CityWalk starts to come alive as doors open up to the bars, clubs and restaurants. Most clubs have a cover charge attached, but a CityWalk Party Pass can give you all-night access to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville (after 10pm), Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom (after 9pm), Pat O’Brien’s Piano Bar (after 9pm), CityWalk’s Rising Star, Red Coconut Club, and the groove for only $11.99. For $15, you can add a movie ticket to your Party Pass and catch a movie at the AMC Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX.
Universal CityWalk has specials that change on a daily basis and on most days you must be 21 or over to get in to the clubs. However, experiences like the Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf and the movie theater can be enjoyed by all ages.
In 2012, Universal Orlando Resort officially opened central Florida's most outrageously themed miniature golf experience - Hollywood Drive-In Golf at Universal CityWalk. There are two 18-hole miniature golf courses that are each themed like a drive-in movie theater and are inspired by different movie genres. The first course, "The Haunting of Ghostly Greens," is inspired by horror movies, while its counterpart, "Invasion of Planet Putt" is designed like a sci-fi movie.
"The Haunting of Ghostly Greens" features a graveyard, a pet cemetery and a haunted house. It is a little darker in nature, using sound and light to create some of the spooky effects. Within this area you might hear classic songs such as "Thriller" and "Monster Mash".
"Invasion of Planet Putt" is a whimsical look at an alien invasion. This course has several sets of stairs for some multilevel holes. Within this area you might hear songs such as "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys and "It's the End of the World" by R.E.M. The new courses are open seven days a week, from 8:00 am - 2:00 am. To play one course, it is $13.99 for adults and $11.99 for ages 3-9. If you want to play both courses, there a little bit of a discount, at $24.99 for adults and $20.99 for kids ages 3-9. You can pay for both courses, but split the playing times up by saving your receipt and playing the second course on a different day. Discounts are available for Florida residents and Annual Passholders.
Blue Man Group
Blue Man Group – which occupies a live performance venue in the old Nickelodeon Studios soundstage – adds an entirely new dimension in live entertainment for Universal Orlando theme park guests and Florida residents. More than 10 million people worldwide have experienced the unique style of Blue Man Group entertainment. They have entertained audiences of all ages with their live stage shows, their touring rock concert, television programming and albums. The show has undergone some changes, but now features new segments and a finale designed to get guests up on their feet.
World-renowned frozen drink fun spot, Fat Tuesday, opened at Universal CityWalk on March 1st. It offers guests a party atmosphere with the exciting, dynamic sprit of New Orleans. The original concept began on Bourbon Street more than twenty years ago, and offers a wide variety of colorful frozen daiquiri drinks. It’s located on the upper level between Pat O’Brien’s and the groove. Signature concoctions include the “190 Octane,” known for its orange punch, and “Peachy Senorita,” made with peach nectars and purees, as well as frozen favorites, such as creamy pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Fat Tuesday has more than 20 locations in nine states with stores in Key West, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Miami. Universal CityWalk’s location is the only one in Orlando.
CityWalk’s Rising Star
If you feel like you have a future in singing then head on over to Rising Star and sign up for karaoke with a twist. Audience members sign up on a first come, first served basis and on select nights you can perform with a backing band. However, every night of the week features a host and backup singers in case you aren’t up to par.
Red Coconut Club
Live entertainment and a South Beach vibe combine to make this a very unique club in Orlando. The atmosphere is relaxing and the drinks, especially the Red Coco Martini, make for an enjoyable experience. If you’re planning on heading to Red Coconut Club, take some time to get ready before going out, because there is a casual-chic dress code. Although it doesn’t draw the crowds it used to, Red Coconut Club is utilized for special events, so don’t necessarily make plans to go without doing some research. Also, on slow nights Red Coconut Club will offer no cover charge. Photos
This multi-level club is the go-to place for those looking to dance to Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B and Top Pop hits all spun by a DJ every night. In the past, the groove feature teen nights and 80’s nights, but the biggest draw to the groove nowadays is DJ ET from 102 Jamz every Friday night.
Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom
Although it serves as a Jamaican restaurant during the day, after 9pm, Marley's turns into a fun bar atmosphere featuring a live reggae band and DJ in the courtyard every night. Photos
Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville
It's no surprise that a restaurant named after an alcoholic drink would have a popular nightlife, but Margaritaville offers some of the best entertainment at night in CityWalk. Whether you set up shop at the Volcano Bar inside and listen to the house band, sit on the Porch of Indecision and listen to a solo guitarist or just hang out at the Lone Palm Airport, there will be endless margaritas.
Pat O’Brien’s has two key features that make it a great spot to have a good night – the original Hurricane drink, made with 4 oz. of rum and the Dueling Pianos bar. Mix that with drink specials throughout the week and New Orleans cooking and Pat O’Brien’s can turn into the first and last stop of the night.
Hard Rock Live
Besides being the largest Hard Rock Cafe, the Hard Rock in Orlando also features a full-size performance hall that attracts many popular musicians and comedians. Acts don’t come along on a daily or weekly basis, but when they do you can guarantee it’s going to be a high-quality show.
AMC Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX
After a long day in the parks, take some time to watch one of the newest and biggest movies in the AMC Universal Cineplex featuring all-stadium seating, high backed rocking chairs, state-of-the-art projection and sound systems as well as concession stands and a full bar. Pair your movie with a meal at select restaurants for a discounted price. Every other weekend, the classic midnight movie Rocky Horror Picture Show is put on live by The Rich Weirdoes.
- Harbor Nights to be held October 17 at Portofino Bay Hotel - Guests will enjoy wine, gourmet food, complimentary hand-rolled cigars and live jazz on the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - More than 50 craft beers, food and live music by The I-4 Band make up this festival under the outdoor Wantilan Pavilion at the Royal Pacific Resort.
- Nascar Sports Grille at Universal CityWalk to close November 1 - No announcement has been made as to what will replace the restaurant.
- Universal Orlando offers military ticket discount - Purchase a one-day, park-to-park ticket and receive two free days added onto the ticket.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.