CityWalk Entertainment & Clubs
As the sun goes down, CityWalk starts to come alive as doors open up to the bars, clubs and restaurants. Most clubs have a cover charge attached, but a CityWalk Party Pass can give you all-night access to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville (after 10pm), Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom (after 9pm), Pat O’Brien’s Piano Bar (after 9pm), CityWalk’s Rising Star, Red Coconut Club, and the groove for only $11.99. For $15, you can add a movie ticket to your Party Pass and catch a movie at the AMC Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX.
Universal CityWalk has specials that change on a daily basis and on most days you must be 21 or over to get in to the clubs. However, experiences like the Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf and the movie theater can be enjoyed by all ages.
In 2012, Universal Orlando Resort officially opened central Florida's most outrageously themed miniature golf experience - Hollywood Drive-In Golf at Universal CityWalk. There are two 18-hole miniature golf courses that are each themed like a drive-in movie theater and are inspired by different movie genres. The first course, "The Haunting of Ghostly Greens," is inspired by horror movies, while its counterpart, "Invasion of Planet Putt" is designed like a sci-fi movie.
"The Haunting of Ghostly Greens" features a graveyard, a pet cemetery and a haunted house. It is a little darker in nature, using sound and light to create some of the spooky effects. Within this area you might hear classic songs such as "Thriller" and "Monster Mash".
"Invasion of Planet Putt" is a whimsical look at an alien invasion. This course has several sets of stairs for some multilevel holes. Within this area you might hear songs such as "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys and "It's the End of the World" by R.E.M. The new courses are open seven days a week, from 8:00 am - 2:00 am. To play one course, it is $13.99 for adults and $11.99 for ages 3-9. If you want to play both courses, there a little bit of a discount, at $24.99 for adults and $20.99 for kids ages 3-9. You can pay for both courses, but split the playing times up by saving your receipt and playing the second course on a different day. Discounts are available for Florida residents and Annual Passholders.
Blue Man Group
Blue Man Group – which occupies a live performance venue in the old Nickelodeon Studios soundstage – adds an entirely new dimension in live entertainment for Universal Orlando theme park guests and Florida residents. More than 10 million people worldwide have experienced the unique style of Blue Man Group entertainment. They have entertained audiences of all ages with their live stage shows, their touring rock concert, television programming and albums. The show has undergone some changes, but now features new segments and a finale designed to get guests up on their feet.
World-renowned frozen drink fun spot, Fat Tuesday, opened at Universal CityWalk on March 1st. It offers guests a party atmosphere with the exciting, dynamic sprit of New Orleans. The original concept began on Bourbon Street more than twenty years ago, and offers a wide variety of colorful frozen daiquiri drinks. It’s located on the upper level between Pat O’Brien’s and the groove. Signature concoctions include the “190 Octane,” known for its orange punch, and “Peachy Senorita,” made with peach nectars and purees, as well as frozen favorites, such as creamy pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Fat Tuesday has more than 20 locations in nine states with stores in Key West, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Miami. Universal CityWalk’s location is the only one in Orlando.
CityWalk’s Rising Star
If you feel like you have a future in singing then head on over to Rising Star and sign up for karaoke with a twist. Audience members sign up on a first come, first served basis and on select nights you can perform with a backing band. However, every night of the week features a host and backup singers in case you aren’t up to par.
Red Coconut Club
Live entertainment and a South Beach vibe combine to make this a very unique club in Orlando. The atmosphere is relaxing and the drinks, especially the Red Coco Martini, make for an enjoyable experience. If you’re planning on heading to Red Coconut Club, take some time to get ready before going out, because there is a casual-chic dress code. Although it doesn’t draw the crowds it used to, Red Coconut Club is utilized for special events, so don’t necessarily make plans to go without doing some research. Also, on slow nights Red Coconut Club will offer no cover charge. Photos
This multi-level club is the go-to place for those looking to dance to Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B and Top Pop hits all spun by a DJ every night. In the past, the groove feature teen nights and 80’s nights, but the biggest draw to the groove nowadays is DJ ET from 102 Jamz every Friday night.
Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom
Although it serves as a Jamaican restaurant during the day, after 9pm, Marley's turns into a fun bar atmosphere featuring a live reggae band and DJ in the courtyard every night. Photos
Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville
It's no surprise that a restaurant named after an alcoholic drink would have a popular nightlife, but Margaritaville offers some of the best entertainment at night in CityWalk. Whether you set up shop at the Volcano Bar inside and listen to the house band, sit on the Porch of Indecision and listen to a solo guitarist or just hang out at the Lone Palm Airport, there will be endless margaritas.
Pat O’Brien’s has two key features that make it a great spot to have a good night – the original Hurricane drink, made with 4 oz. of rum and the Dueling Pianos bar. Mix that with drink specials throughout the week and New Orleans cooking and Pat O’Brien’s can turn into the first and last stop of the night.
Hard Rock Live
Besides being the largest Hard Rock Cafe, the Hard Rock in Orlando also features a full-size performance hall that attracts many popular musicians and comedians. Acts don’t come along on a daily or weekly basis, but when they do you can guarantee it’s going to be a high-quality show.
AMC Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX
After a long day in the parks, take some time to watch one of the newest and biggest movies in the AMC Universal Cineplex featuring all-stadium seating, high backed rocking chairs, state-of-the-art projection and sound systems as well as concession stands and a full bar. Pair your movie with a meal at select restaurants for a discounted price. Every other weekend, the classic midnight movie Rocky Horror Picture Show is put on live by The Rich Weirdoes.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.