CityWalk Nighttime Entertainment & Clubs
If it's a club experience you're looking for, CityWalk has something for everyone. CityWalk party passes are $11.99 and provide all-night access to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom, The Groove, Latin Quarter, Pat O'Briens, and the Red Coconut Club. For $15.99, the pass includes admission to the Universal/AMC Cineplex 20. Premium Annual Passes include unlimited admission to CityWalk for the passholder and one guest.
All of the clubs at CityWalk offer specials (Happy Hour, two-for-one drinks, etc) that change on a weekly basis. Admission to most clubs is 21 and over only. Some venues do offer 'teen nights' on occasion. Be sure to check out the CityWalk guide when you arrive for current information.
Our Impression: CityWalk clubs tend to be of an 'edgier' caliber than what you would have found at Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney. It also tends to draw a younger, local crowd on weekends, and in our impression that's not always a good thing.
On March 12, 2012, Universal Orlando Resort officially opened central Florida's newest and most outrageously-themed miniature golf experience - Hollywood Drive-In Golf at Universal CityWalk. There are two 18-hole miniature golf courses that are each themed like a drive-in movie theater and are inspired by different movie genres. The first course, "The Haunting of Ghostly Greens," is inspired by horror movies, while its counterpart, "Invasion of Planet Putt" is designed like a sci-fi movie.
"The Haunting of Ghostly Greens" features a graveyard, a pet cemetery and a haunted house. It is a little darker in nature, using sound and light to create some of the spooky effects. Within this area you might hear classic songs such as "Thriller" and "Monster Mash".
"Invasion of Planet Putt" is a whimsical look at an alien invasion. This course has several sets of stairs for some multilevel holes. Within this area you might hear songs such as "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys and "It's the End of the World" by R.E.M.
The new courses are open seven days a week, from 8:00 am - 2:00 am. To play one course, it is $13.99 for adults and $11.99 for ages 3-9. If you want to play both courses, there a little bit of a discount, at $24.99 for adults and $20.99 for kids ages 3-9. You can pay for both courses, but split the playing times up by saving your receipt and playing the second course on a different day. Florida residents and Universal annual passholders receive a 10 percent discount.
World-renowned frozen drink fun spot, Fat Tuesday, opened at Universal CityWalk on March 1st. It offers guests a party atmosphere with the exciting, dynamic sprit of New Orleans. The original concept began on Bourbon Street more than twenty years ago, and offers a wide variety of colorful frozen daiquiri drinks. It’s located on the upper level between Pat O’Brien’s and the groove. Signature concoctions include the “190 Octane,” known for its orange punch, and “Peachy Senorita,” made with peach nectars and purees, as well as frozen favorites, such as creamy pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Fat Tuesday has more than 20 locations in nine states with stores in Key West, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Miami. Universal CityWalk’s location is the only one in Orlando.
Blue Man Group
Blue Man Group – which occupies a live performance venue accessible from both Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios – adds an entirely new dimension in live entertainment for Universal Orlando theme park guests and Florida residents. The unique style of Blue Man entertainment has been experienced by more than 10 million people worldwide. They have entertained audiences of all ages with their live stage shows, their touring rock concert, television programming and albums. The show has recently undergone changes and now features new segments and a finale designed to get guests up on their feet.
Red Coconut Club
Live entertainment and a South Beach vibe combine to make this one of the best clubs in Orlando. While it's a nice atmosphere - and the Red Coco Martini is a gem, the staff here tends to have a bit more attitude then they warrant. Someone needs to remind them that they're outside a theme park in Orlando, not on the strip in South Beach. If you decide to pay the Red Coconut a visit, we suggest you dress a step or two above standard resort wear. Check out their schedule and specials. The crowd here is pretty, and you'll feel a bit out of place in shorts and sandals. Photos
Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom
A recreation of Bob Marley's Jamaica Home this combination night club / museum / restaurant offers great live Reggae music on the patio. This is a decidedly more relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Photos
Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville
Another fun spot to hang out and party, Margaritaville offers everything from live bands nightly, to hula hoop contests. Of course, the drink du jour here is the Margarita.
- Celebrate Life In The French Quarter
Now - September 3rd (4-9pm) Friday Nights
Kick back and enjoy great food and beer special at Orlando's favorite New Orleans-style watering hole. The party keeps going into the night with live music, plenty of beads and good times for everyone!
- Cajun Food & Dining Specials
- $2 Draft Beer
- $7.95 Hurricanes
- New Orleans Jazz Band (6-9pm)
- WJRR broadcasting live (7-9pm select nights)
- Live Entertainment in the Dueling Piano Bar
for the dance club set, the groove features popular dance music and is a real draw for the under 30 crowd. This club is also popular with locals, so it tends to be very busy on the weekends.
Another popular spot (especially with Orlando's hispanic community). A restaurant in the evening transforms itself into a hip, upscale nightclub at night. One guidebook described this as a 21st century version of Ricky Ricardo's Tropicana nightclub. Photos
Universal Orlando Resort’s newest venue showcases karaoke with a twist – performing guests are introduced to the audience by an emcee and sing with a full live band and back-up singers. Whether you sing like a star or just think you do, this is your chance to shimmer, shine or just show off. Check out Rising Star
Hard Rock Live
The acts that play here are of a far higher caliber then you'll find House of Blues at Downtown Disney.
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- Discounted tickets to Blue Man Group available to Florida teachers - For the 5/24 - 7/7/13 performances, Florida public school teachers can purchase tickets to Blue Man Group for $34 (plus tax) for adults, and $29 (plus tax) for child's tickets.
- Little River Band and Toad the Wet Sprocket will play Velvet Sessions this summer - The last Thursday of every month, this concert is held in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Wantilan Luau to be held on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the summer - Beginning June 3, the Wantilan Luau at the Royal Pacific Resort will be held on both Tuesdays and Saturdays during the busy summer season.
- Mother's Day brunches planned at Universal Orlando resorts - The three on-site resorts at Universal Orlando are offering special Mother's Day brunches!
- Performers announced for Universal's Summer Concert Series - Beginning Saturday, June 1 and running Saturday nights through July 6, this concert series will give guests the chance to top off their day in the park with a nighttime mega-concert.
- Transformers to open June 20 at Universal Studios! - The highly anticipated Transformers attraction will open June 20 at Universal Studios!