Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- Warwick Davis and Matthew Lewis to attend A Celebration of Harry Potter - The event will take place January 27 to 29, 2017.
- VIDEO: Interview with The Grinch (A Grinch-erview) | Universal Orlando - We had the chance to talk to the one and only Grinch at Universal Orlando to talk about the Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular, Whos from Whoville, and his dog, Max.
- VIDEO: Pere Noel France Pavilion | Holiday Storytellers | Epcot - Pere Noel reads a little girl's letter and tells of French tradition, including kids leaving out their shoes for Christmas.
- VIDEO: Marvel Ride Review: Spider-Man & Hulk Coaster | Islands of Adventure - Ryno and Jill take on two fan favorite attractions at Universal's Island of Adventure, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk Coaster.
- VIDEO: Macy's Holiday Parade NEW Balloons and Characters | Universal Studios Florida - Macy's and Universal are celebrating 15 years of the Macy's Holiday Parade by introducing a brand new balloon, a brand new balloonicle and new characters to the yearly tradition.
- Forbidden Journey at Universal Studios Hollywood no longer 3D - Universal Studios Hollywood has removed the 3D effects from Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- Universal is getting an EXCLUSIVE Starbucks mug! - Universal Orlando Resort will be joining the Starbucks 'You Are Here' series starting December 1.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey closed from December 1-18 - These plans have been in the works for months, but only became official on Universal Orlando's park hours calendar and the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride page in the past month.
- BREAKING Nintendo And Universal News - New details have been released regarding the Nintendo and Universal partnership including worlds coming to three Universal Parks.