Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- VIDEO: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 at Universal Studios Hollywood - Halloween Horror Nights takes over Universal Studios Hollywood the same way the event does at Universal Studios Florida in Orlando. USH's event utilizes all areas of the "park" itself as well as part of the New York backlot allowing for 7 different houses, 5 different scare zones and a unique experience on the Terror Tram.
- Buy a 2-day Universal ticket and receive a 3rd day free - Discount is valid through June 7, 2015.
- Blog - 8 Great Places to Grab a Snack at Universal Orlando
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- VIDEO: Halloween Horror Nights 24 House + Scare Zone Overview 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights 24 is one of the biggest years ever in the history of HHN at Universal Studios Florida. Everything is done on a different scale than ever before and no detail is overlooked, like the largest maze with the biggest cast in the event's history.
- Dates announced for 2015 Rock the Universe event - Join other fans to experience one of the biggest Christian rock concerts in the world!
- Molly Hatchett to perform at October Velvet Sessions - The lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando is transformed into an intimate, high-energy entertainment venue for "Velvet Sessions."
- Harbor Nights to be held October 17 at Portofino Bay Hotel - Guests will enjoy wine, gourmet food, complimentary hand-rolled cigars and live jazz on the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - More than 50 craft beers, food and live music by The I-4 Band make up this festival under the outdoor Wantilan Pavilion at the Royal Pacific Resort.
- Nascar Sports Grille at Universal CityWalk to close November 1 - No announcement has been made as to what will replace the restaurant.
- Universal Orlando offers military ticket discount - Purchase a one-day, park-to-park ticket and receive two free days added onto the ticket.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!