Islands of Adventure Attractions
The Lost Continent
The Lost Continent refers to three specific "legends".
The first was the legend of Atlantis, the second the legend
of Sinbad, and the third, the legend of Merlin. With the addition of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the Lost Continent is basically just an area you walk through to get there.
Pitch and Skill Games
An area of skill games (similar to Amity Island at Universal, just not as big). While the games may be familiar, they are themed to fit in with Lost Continent. For example, rather than trying to catapult frogs onto lily pads, you try to catapult rats into cast iron cauldrons. This area also has psychics and tarot card readers from the Cassadga, Florida psychic community just north of Orlando.
Poseidon's Fury! Escape from
the Lost City
A Global Discovery Group's exploration of Poseidon's ruins. There, you're engaged in a battle between Poseidon and Lord Darkenon. Lord Darkenon has nothing to do with mythology. He's sort of an armor-wearing evildoer with bad Darth Maul make-up.
- Blog - Holidays at Universal Orlando 2013
- Information on Universal's new Quick Service Dining Plan - Universal offers a couple of dining plan options that allow you to pre-pay for some meals at select dining locations at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery opens at Universal CityWalk - Guests can choose from a menu of 10 different oven-baked pizzas at this new quick-service restaurant.
- Special preview rate for Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal - The family suites will start at just $134 per night for a three-night stay and only $104 per night for a seven-night stay! This is a 47% savings off the regular prices.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update – Looking to the Future
- John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS to perform at Velvet Unplugged - John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS will be putting on this live acoustic performance in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.