Islands of Adventure Attractions
The Lost Continent
The Lost Continent refers to three specific "legends".
The first was the legend of Atlantis, the second the legend
of Sinbad, and the third, the legend of Merlin. With the addition of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the Lost Continent is basically just an area you walk through to get there.
Pitch and Skill Games
An area of skill games (similar to Amity Island at Universal, just not as big). While the games may be familiar, they are themed to fit in with Lost Continent. For example, rather than trying to catapult frogs onto lily pads, you try to catapult rats into cast iron cauldrons. This area also has psychics and tarot card readers from the Cassadga, Florida psychic community just north of Orlando.
Poseidon's Fury! Escape from
the Lost City
A Global Discovery Group's exploration of Poseidon's ruins. There, you're engaged in a battle between Poseidon and Lord Darkenon. Lord Darkenon has nothing to do with mythology. He's sort of an armor-wearing evildoer with bad Darth Maul make-up.
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.