Islands of Adventure Attractions
Islands of Adventure
Opened in 2001, Islands of Adventure mixes the 'edge' that made Universal famous with the 'theming' that made Disney famous. In fact, some of Disney's imagineers were hired by Universal to help develop this park - not to mention that Steven Spielberg himself also served as creative consultant. Islands of Adventure is divided into 5 distinct areas, each offering some of the best attractions in Orlando.
What you need to know
If you arrive at the park when it opens, you'll likely be able to experience just about everything the park has to offer in one day. During peak season, that tends to be a bit more challenging, but not all together impossible.
Universal Express: While Disney offers their 'fast pass' free of charge, Universal chose to take a different approach. A limited number of Universal Express passes are offered for sale, from approximately $40 to $50 per person, depending on the options you choose. Unlike DIsney's FastPass system which gives you a set time to return, Universal Express allows you to move to the front of the line whenever you want (you are limited to one use per attraction). If you are staying on-site at a Universal resort, however, UniversalExpress is provided to you free of charge (just show your room key), and there is no limit to how often you can use it. (There have been rumors that they will limit the use of the room-key Express Pass during peak times, but that is not confirmed).
Universal "Meal Deal": Universal offers a "meal deal" that allows you to effectively eat as much as you want at select counter service locations. The one park meal deal is $19.99 plus tax for adults, and $9.99 pus tax for children ages 3-9. The two park meal deal is $24.99 plus tax for adults and $12.99 for children. Neither offer includes beverages, but the two park Meal Deal does include a dinner entree at select CityWalk restaurants. More details
A very 'wet' park: We really can't stress this enough. Islands of Adventure tends to be a VERY wet park. Three of its biggest attractions (Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and Jurassic Park River Adventure) have a habit of soaking you to the bone. For this reason, we suggest that you consider bringing a change of clothes with you to the park. A common mistake most people make is they think that since Florida is hot, they will dry off quickly - keep in mind that when Florida is hot, it's also humid - and nothing is worse then perpetually wet clothes when you're walking around a theme park.The 'Islands' of Islands:
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- Toon Lagoon
- Jurassic Park
- The Lost Continent
- Seuss Landing
Port of Entry does a terrific job of setting the tone for your visit to Islands of Adventure. Themed to reflect the crossroads of a Port town, here you will find some interesting and intriguing shops, as well as some of the best theming detail in the park.
The stores here are decidedly unique. Of course you have the standard 'theme park souvenir stores' that do a good job of pushing all the t-shirts. Of particular interest though are the candy store (which is attached to the Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe), and the Christmas Shoppe itself.
Oddly enough, this is also one of the most photogenic areas of the park, as it is rich in detail and theming. Be sure to take some time during your visit and take some pictures in this area of the park - you'll be happy you did.
- VIDEO: Raptor Encounter at Islands of Adventure - The brand new Raptor Encounter experience at Islands of Adventure will bring you face-to-face with a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park!
- Volcano Bay water theme park coming to Universal Orlando in 2017 - Universal Orlando announced today that Volcano Bay will be joining Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure as the third gate experience at Universal Orlando Resort in 2017 as a brand new, thrilling and immersive water theme park experience!
- Free Breakfast Offer with 4-Night Stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort - Book a 4-night stay at Cabana Bay from now - 6/30/15 for travel between 9/7/15 and 12/17/15 and receive free breakfast for two and more!
- Universal's 25th anniversary concert series begins this weekend - Prince Royce kicks off the festivities on Saturday, May 23.
- Jack the Clown returns to Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando has made a huge announcement for huge HHN fans, revealing Jack the Clown would return for the 25th anniversary of the event!
- Universal and Nintendo partnering up for theme parks - Universal and Nintendo have teamed up to help bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks.
- Universal Orlando announces Skull Island: Reign of Kong attraction
- Something huge is on the horizon - Kong announcement coming tomorrow - Universal Orlando has been running a social media campaign for an official Kong attraction announcement happening tomorrow, May 6, at 11:00 AM.
- Universal theme parks see significant increase in first quarter revenue
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person