Islands of Adventure Attractions
Seuss Landing is based on the popular children's books. The bright colors and playful music is bound to bring anyone on a trip back to childhood. There is plenty of activities for kids here, especially the One Fish Two Fish attraction, and the Carou-Seuss-el.
TIP: The bright colors in Seuss Landing reflect quite a bit of sunlight. BE SURE to wear LOTS of sun block. Bring waterproof sun block for children, as the area has a few water attractions.
The High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride
This is a slow train ride that gives you a birds eve view of Seuss Landing and a different perspective of the Islands of Adventure attractions. The entire ride is on a single track and there are 2 that you can choose from (purple or teal), so you really have to ride it twice to see it all. The trolley winds through Seuss Landing with Suess-like theming on the rooftops. The train ride actually travels inside Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendous.
The Cat in the Hat
Here you have "Tilt-a-Whirl" meets "Mr. Toads Wild Ride". The story of the Cat in the Hat is played out with some impressive animatronics, computer generated graphics and cars that spin round and round. Warning: Don't eat right before going on this ride.
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
A "Dumbo" like attraction where guests ride (wait for it) a red fish or a blue fish. You control the motion of the fish (up and down) while trying to avoid the water being shot at you from "squirt posts".
- Universal Orlando offers free dining plan with hotel stay! - Book a package with a minimum of 4 nights at a Universal Partner hotel and get 2 days of the Universal Dining Plan free!
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Every few months, Jake's American Bar at the Royal Pacific holds a Beer Dinner, pairing each course with a unique beer.
- New character breakfast at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort - Every Sunday through Sept. 1, an island buffet with your favorite theme park characters will be held from 8:00-noon.
- Simpsons' restaurants open at Universal Orlando - A selection of restaurants from Springfield, the Simpsons' hometown, are now open.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit added to Universal's Express Plus list - Guests at Universal Studios can now use their Express Plus Pass on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update - New Announcements and More
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando - Universal Orlando announced on Thursday that a themed area will open this summer based on the popular television show "The Simpsons." The area, which is being called "Springfield" after the town featured in the show, replaces the former "Back to the Future" attraction that closed in 2007.
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks