Islands of Adventure Attractions
Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 44 inches tall
How wet will you get? Soaked!
Based on the 60's cartoon series, this attraction is one of the 'really wet ones' - that is to say that you don't just get wet on this ride, you'll get soaked. The final drop plunges you 15ft below the water line (although not underwater), and is quite an exhilarating experience (especially given the fact that there are no restraints in the vehicles). This attraction is a lot of fun, and tends to have long lines during peak season.
DIS Discussions about Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 42 inches
How wet will you get? Anywhere from mild to soaked depending on where you sit.
This whitewater rafting ride is based on the Popeye cartoons. The rafts hold 12 visitors and proceed down a rather rapid waterway around some very steep curves. The boat slows down as it passes by "Me Ship, the Olive" (an interactive play area for kids). But, don't be fooled, the kids can fill a crate full of water, then dump it on your raft, they also have a series of directional water canons that they can fire at you as well (water cannons are free of charge). There are at least two areas where large amounts of free flowing water are dumped directly on the raft as well. Depending on which way the raft is turning and where you're sitting you could get soaked. If any member of your party decides not ride, their are water cannons just across the bridge from the attraction where they can shoot you with water as you pass by (these are not free)
DIS Discussions about Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Me Ship, the Olive
An interactive child's playground based on Popeye's boat. Children even get the chance to squirt water cannons at guests passing by in the adjacent Bilge-Rat Raft ride.
DIS Discussions about Me Ship, the Olive
- - Universal Orlando announced on Thursday that a themed area will open this summer based on the popular television show "The Simpsons." The area, which is being called "Springfield" after the town featured in the show, replaces the former "Back to the Future" attraction that closed in 2007.
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- Discounted tickets to Blue Man Group available to Florida teachers - For the 5/24 - 7/7/13 performances, Florida public school teachers can purchase tickets to Blue Man Group for $34 (plus tax) for adults, and $29 (plus tax) for child's tickets.
- Little River Band and Toad the Wet Sprocket will play Velvet Sessions this summer - The last Thursday of every month, this concert is held in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Wantilan Luau to be held on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the summer - Beginning June 3, the Wantilan Luau at the Royal Pacific Resort will be held on both Tuesdays and Saturdays during the busy summer season.
- Mother's Day brunches planned at Universal Orlando resorts - The three on-site resorts at Universal Orlando are offering special Mother's Day brunches!
- Performers announced for Universal's Summer Concert Series - Beginning Saturday, June 1 and running Saturday nights through July 6, this concert series will give guests the chance to top off their day in the park with a nighttime mega-concert.
- Transformers to open June 20 at Universal Studios! - The highly anticipated Transformers attraction will open June 20 at Universal Studios!