Islands of Adventure Attractions
Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 44 inches tall
How wet will you get? Soaked!
Based on the 60's cartoon series, this attraction is one of the 'really wet ones' - that is to say that you don't just get wet on this ride, you'll get soaked. The final drop plunges you 15ft below the water line (although not underwater), and is quite an exhilarating experience (especially given the fact that there are no restraints in the vehicles). This attraction is a lot of fun, and tends to have long lines during peak season.
DIS Discussions about Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 42 inches
How wet will you get? Anywhere from mild to soaked depending on where you sit.
This whitewater rafting ride is based on the Popeye cartoons. The rafts hold 12 visitors and proceed down a rather rapid waterway around some very steep curves. The boat slows down as it passes by "Me Ship, the Olive" (an interactive play area for kids). But, don't be fooled, the kids can fill a crate full of water, then dump it on your raft, they also have a series of directional water canons that they can fire at you as well (water cannons are free of charge). There are at least two areas where large amounts of free flowing water are dumped directly on the raft as well. Depending on which way the raft is turning and where you're sitting you could get soaked. If any member of your party decides not ride, their are water cannons just across the bridge from the attraction where they can shoot you with water as you pass by (these are not free)
DIS Discussions about Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Me Ship, the Olive
An interactive child's playground based on Popeye's boat. Children even get the chance to squirt water cannons at guests passing by in the adjacent Bilge-Rat Raft ride.
DIS Discussions about Me Ship, the Olive
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.