Islands of Adventure Attractions
Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 44 inches tall
How wet will you get? Soaked!
Based on the 60's cartoon series, this attraction is one of the 'really wet ones' - that is to say that you don't just get wet on this ride, you'll get soaked. The final drop plunges you 15ft below the water line (although not underwater), and is quite an exhilarating experience (especially given the fact that there are no restraints in the vehicles). This attraction is a lot of fun, and tends to have long lines during peak season.
DIS Discussions about Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 42 inches
How wet will you get? Anywhere from mild to soaked depending on where you sit.
This whitewater rafting ride is based on the Popeye cartoons. The rafts hold 12 visitors and proceed down a rather rapid waterway around some very steep curves. The boat slows down as it passes by "Me Ship, the Olive" (an interactive play area for kids). But, don't be fooled, the kids can fill a crate full of water, then dump it on your raft, they also have a series of directional water canons that they can fire at you as well (water cannons are free of charge). There are at least two areas where large amounts of free flowing water are dumped directly on the raft as well. Depending on which way the raft is turning and where you're sitting you could get soaked. If any member of your party decides not ride, their are water cannons just across the bridge from the attraction where they can shoot you with water as you pass by (these are not free)
DIS Discussions about Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Me Ship, the Olive
An interactive child's playground based on Popeye's boat. Children even get the chance to squirt water cannons at guests passing by in the adjacent Bilge-Rat Raft ride.
DIS Discussions about Me Ship, the Olive
- Universal CityWalk plans new "Eve" celebration for New Years - This celebration will feature admission into 6 clubs, gourmet food and Orlando's largest dance floor.
- Christmas dining options for Universal Orlando - The three onsite hotels are offering Christmas meals.
- Blog - Holidays at Universal Orlando 2013
- Information on Universal's new Quick Service Dining Plan - Universal offers a couple of dining plan options that allow you to pre-pay for some meals at select dining locations at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery opens at Universal CityWalk - Guests can choose from a menu of 10 different oven-baked pizzas at this new quick-service restaurant.
- Special preview rate for Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal - The family suites will start at just $134 per night for a three-night stay and only $104 per night for a seven-night stay! This is a 47% savings off the regular prices.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update – Looking to the Future
- John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS to perform at Velvet Unplugged - John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS will be putting on this live acoustic performance in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.