Islands Of Adventure
Islands of Adventure opened next door to Universal Studios Florida in 1999, giving guests the chance to explore their way through popular literature as opposed to the movies and television shows at Universal Studios. Marvel Super Hero Island houses two of the most popular thrill rides at Universal – “The Hulk” and “The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman”. However, the busiest section of the park is “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” which opened in 2010 bringing the works of “Harry Potter” to life through the look and feel of the film franchise. Suess Landing is a must-do for those bringing kids to Islands of Adventure and all those who are still kids at heart.
Port of Entry
Port of Entry is the first ‘island’ that guests pass through on their way into the park. The Pharos Lighthouse, which is based off of the original Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria, stands at the entrance to the port serving as an icon and also a beacon. Port of Entry does not have any actual attractions, but the details put into the land make it an attraction in itself. The visual theming is stunning at times, but listen closely in some areas and you just might hear some special added touches. As with most ports, there is a big focus on shopping and dining including Starbucks, Cinnabon and the Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.