Islands Of Adventure
Islands of Adventure opened next door to Universal Studios Florida in 1999, giving guests the chance to explore their way through popular literature as opposed to the movies and television shows at Universal Studios. Marvel Super Hero Island houses two of the most popular thrill rides at Universal – “The Hulk” and “The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman”. However, the busiest section of the park is “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” which opened in 2010 bringing the works of “Harry Potter” to life through the look and feel of the film franchise. Suess Landing is a must-do for those bringing kids to Islands of Adventure and all those who are still kids at heart.
Port of Entry
Port of Entry is the first ‘island’ that guests pass through on their way into the park. The Pharos Lighthouse, which is based off of the original Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria, stands at the entrance to the port serving as an icon and also a beacon. Port of Entry does not have any actual attractions, but the details put into the land make it an attraction in itself. The visual theming is stunning at times, but listen closely in some areas and you just might hear some special added touches. As with most ports, there is a big focus on shopping and dining including Starbucks, Cinnabon and the Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe.
- Blog - Cabana Bay Beach Resort to feature Jack LaLanne Fitness Center - Going along with the retro feeling of the hotel, the fitness center will be filled with photos of LaLanne, as well as trophies, artifacts and even a statue of him.
- The Psychedelic Furs to perform at March Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel on Thursday, March 27.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Carl Dixon of The Guess Who will perform at Velvet Unplugged - This live acoustic performance will take place in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Jake's partners with Bell's Brewery for this dinner in March.