Islands Of Adventure
Islands of Adventure opened next door to Universal Studios Florida in 1999, giving guests the chance to explore their way through popular literature as opposed to the movies and television shows at Universal Studios. Marvel Super Hero Island houses two of the most popular thrill rides at Universal – “The Hulk” and “The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman”. However, the busiest section of the park is “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” which opened in 2010 bringing the works of “Harry Potter” to life through the look and feel of the film franchise. Suess Landing is a must-do for those bringing kids to Islands of Adventure and all those who are still kids at heart.
Port of Entry
Port of Entry is the first ‘island’ that guests pass through on their way into the park. The Pharos Lighthouse, which is based off of the original Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria, stands at the entrance to the port serving as an icon and also a beacon. Port of Entry does not have any actual attractions, but the details put into the land make it an attraction in itself. The visual theming is stunning at times, but listen closely in some areas and you just might hear some special added touches. As with most ports, there is a big focus on shopping and dining including Starbucks, Cinnabon and the Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Universal Orlando plans for Celebration of Harry Potter - This three-day event will celebrate everything Harry Potter.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!