Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- VIDEO: New Dining Vlog at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | CityWalk - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver attend the first preview night of Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, the newest dining addition to Universal Citywalk Orlando.
- VIDEO: Lard Lad, Laughs and Lots of Fun | Universal Studios Florida - Join Oliver, Ryno, Craig and Kylie as they play at Universal Studios Florida.
- Should Universal be concerned about the Toothsome $40 million lawsuit?
- A Celebration of Harry Potter returns for 2017 - The Potter-centric event will be back January 27-29, 2017.
- Universal is developing a new video game ride
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is a sweet addition to CityWalk
- VIDEO: Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen | Universal Orlando CityWalk - The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen will transport you into a 19th century-inspired Steampunk chocolate factory.
- VIDEO: Halloween Horror Nights 08/22/16 Construction Update | Universal Studios Florida - Construction for Halloween Horror Nights 26 at Universal Studios Florida is starting to come along and props are making their way into New York for the "Survive or Die" scare zone and San Francisco for the "Dead Man's Wharf" scare zone.
- VIDEO: Kubo and the Antics of Craig & Kylie | Universal Studios Florida - Join Craig and Kylie as they meet Kubo, Monkey and Beetle from the upcoming Laika animated feature, Kubo and the Two Strings. They also do a bunch of other random stuff around The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley and Springfield at Universal Studios Florida!
- VIDEO: Kubo and the Two Strings Character Appearances | Universal Studios Florida - Check out all of the awesome ways you can see and meet Kubo, Monkey and Beetle from the Laika film "Kubo and the Two Strings".
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster is Stan Lee approved
- American Horror Story coming to HHN is a great thing for the event
- A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAGIC: Tales of a Disney Fan on a Universal Vacation | Chapter 2: Universal Express Pass vs. Disney’s FastPass+
- VIDEO: The Incredible Hulk Re-opens with Marvel Super Heroes! | Islands of Adventure - Check out the grand re-opening celebration of The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure with a special ceremony featuring Spider-man, Captain America and more!
- Universal releases original HHN 26 houses and scare zones
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster now re-opened - The Incredible Hulk Coaster is finally open again after nearly one year of being down for new enhancements.
- VIDEO: Inside the Queue of The Incredible Hulk Coaster | Islands of Adventure - Check out the queue of the newly enhanced Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure!
- VIDEO: New Incredible Hulk Coaster Soft Opening | Islands of Adventure - Check out the newly reopened Incredible Hulk Coaster in action!
- VIDEO: Having Dinner at Islands Dining Room | Royal Pacific Resort - Join Craig, Oliver, and Ryno as they try their hardest to enjoy the character dining at Islands Dining Room located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
- VIDEO: Craig and Ryno Share a Kong Dog | Mess Tent | Islands of Adventure - Craig and Ryno taste the massive Kong Dog from the Mess Tent, the new quick service food location located just outside of Skull Island: Reign of Kong inside Universal's Islands of Adventure. You know you want to watch this!
- A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAGIC: Tales of a Disney Fan on a Universal Vacation | Chapter 1: Booking and Logistics
- VIDEO: Taking a Tour of our Rooms | Sapphire Falls Resort - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver take you on a tour of the different rooms they stayed in while at Universal Orlando's newest resort, Loews Sapphire Falls. The three rooms include the Sapphire Suite, the double queen room, and a children's suite. Watch and see what they thought of the rooms.
- VIDEO: Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Overview | Universal Orlando Resort - Take a detailed look at Universal Orlando's newest hotel - Loews Sapphire Falls Resort!
- VIDEO: Lunch at Drhum Club Kantine | Sapphire Falls - Join Craig, Ryno, and Oliver for lunch by the pool. The three dine at Drhum Club Kantine located at Loews Sapphire Falls, the newest resort at Universal Orlando Resort.
- 5 Things to Do While Waiting at Universal Orlando Resort