Islands of Adventure Attractions
The Lost Continent
The Lost Continent refers to three specific "legends".
The first was the legend of Atlantis, the second the legend
of Sinbad, and the third, the legend of Merlin. With the addition of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the Lost Continent is basically just an area you walk through to get there.
Pitch and Skill Games
An area of skill games (similar to Amity Island at Universal, just not as big). While the games may be familiar, they are themed to fit in with Lost Continent. For example, rather than trying to catapult frogs onto lily pads, you try to catapult rats into cast iron cauldrons. This area also has psychics and tarot card readers from the Cassadga, Florida psychic community just north of Orlando.
Poseidon's Fury! Escape from
the Lost City
A Global Discovery Group's exploration of Poseidon's ruins. There, you're engaged in a battle between Poseidon and Lord Darkenon. Lord Darkenon has nothing to do with mythology. He's sort of an armor-wearing evildoer with bad Darth Maul make-up.
- Universal Orlando offers free dining plan with hotel stay! - Book a package with a minimum of 4 nights at a Universal Partner hotel and get 2 days of the Universal Dining Plan free!
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Every few months, Jake's American Bar at the Royal Pacific holds a Beer Dinner, pairing each course with a unique beer.
- New character breakfast at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort - Every Sunday through Sept. 1, an island buffet with your favorite theme park characters will be held from 8:00-noon.
- Simpsons' restaurants open at Universal Orlando - A selection of restaurants from Springfield, the Simpsons' hometown, are now open.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit added to Universal's Express Plus list - Guests at Universal Studios can now use their Express Plus Pass on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update - New Announcements and More
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando - Universal Orlando announced on Thursday that a themed area will open this summer based on the popular television show "The Simpsons." The area, which is being called "Springfield" after the town featured in the show, replaces the former "Back to the Future" attraction that closed in 2007.
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks