Islands of Adventure Attractions
Marvel Super Hero Island Attractions:
Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Height Requirement: 40 inches
The best way to describe this attraction is to call it "sensory overload". You begin the attraction by noticing the amazing job they have done in designing the area you walk through while you wait. You begin by walking through the offices of the Daily Bugle newspaper, where hints of the story you are about to 'experience' are fed to you. Eventually, you work your way onto a car that is somewhat similar to the Dinosaur vehicles used at Disney's Animal Kingdom. That, however, is where the similarities end. With 3D "Spider-Vision" glasses in hand, your adventure begins. Almost immediately, you become aware that this will be a most unusual ride. A state-of-the-art 4K high definition film and 16-channel audio system will make you feel like you're in the middle of the action, allowing you to see such minute details as the stitching on Spidey's gloves. In one scene, Spider-Man appears to jump on the roof of your vehicle, and the vehicle responds accordingly. Throughout the attraction, 3D characters appear to punch, kick and otherwise pummel your car into spins and even very high free falls.
1) Single riders line is available. The single riders line usually opens when the regular wait is 30 minutes or more.
2) This attraction is always busy; try to plan a visit early in your day.
Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster
Height Requirement: 54 inches
If you like coasters, you should find the Incredible Hulk Coaster to be a fairly enjoyable ride. Visible from almost every area of the park, this 'green behemoth' is an imposing structure that is built directly over trafficked areas of the park. As a matter of fact, one of the rides loops actually goes under the bridge between Marvel Superhero Island and Port of Entry. Unlike many coasters, the Incredible Hulk Coaster shoots you out of the gate, going from 0 to 40mph in 2 seconds flat. There is no real straight-away here for you to recover from the series of corkscrews, loops and subterranean dips. This attraction has received rave reviews from visitors and coaster enthusiasts alike, and is a VERY BIG draw for crowds. Expect to do this first thing in the morning, or right before park closing.
Tip: Single riders line is available. The single riders line usually opens when the regular wait is 30 minutes or more. For the best view, ride in the front row. For a more intense ride, choose the back row.
Dr. Doom's Fearfall
Height Requirement: 52 inches
This attraction blasts you 150 feet up, and forces you back down faster than gravity. You are in an open air car during this and should be a particular warning for those with a fear of heights.
Tip: Single riders line is available. The single riders line usually opens when the regular wait is 30 minutes or more.
Storm Force Accelatron
The X-Men need your help! Professor X has recruited you to enhance Storm's weather control abilities against her battle with Magneto. You climb aboard round teacup-like pods (seats up to 5) and you spin yourself around. The faster you spin, the more energy you produce for Storm. Ultimately, Storm wins and Magneto retreats. This ride is a clone of the popular Mad Tea Party at the Magic Kingdom. The ride differs because the "teacups" have a lot more legroom for adults. There's also a cool rock sound and other lighting effects. Storm Force Accelatron is best experienced at night. The strobe, lights, and fog effects are enhanced greatly in the dark.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort to feature Jack LaLanne Fitness Center - Going along with the retro feeling of the hotel, the fitness center will be filled with photos of LaLanne, as well as trophies, artifacts and even a statue of him.
- The Psychedelic Furs to perform at March Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel on Thursday, March 27.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Carl Dixon of The Guess Who will perform at Velvet Unplugged - This live acoustic performance will take place in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Jake's partners with Bell's Brewery for this dinner in March.