Islands of Adventure Attractions
Marvel Super Hero Island Attractions:
Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Height Requirement: 40 inches
The best way to describe this attraction is to call it "sensory overload". You begin the attraction by noticing the amazing job they have done in designing the area you walk through while you wait. You begin by walking through the offices of the Daily Bugle newspaper, where hints of the story you are about to 'experience' are fed to you. Eventually, you work your way onto a car that is somewhat similar to the Dinosaur vehicles used at Disney's Animal Kingdom. That, however, is where the similarities end. With 3D "Spider-Vision" glasses in hand, your adventure begins. Almost immediately, you become aware that this will be a most unusual ride. A state-of-the-art 4K high definition film and 16-channel audio system will make you feel like you're in the middle of the action, allowing you to see such minute details as the stitching on Spidey's gloves. In one scene, Spider-Man appears to jump on the roof of your vehicle, and the vehicle responds accordingly. Throughout the attraction, 3D characters appear to punch, kick and otherwise pummel your car into spins and even very high free falls.
1) Single riders line is available. The single riders line usually opens when the regular wait is 30 minutes or more.
2) This attraction is always busy; try to plan a visit early in your day.
Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster
Height Requirement: 54 inches
If you like coasters, you should find the Incredible Hulk Coaster to be a fairly enjoyable ride. Visible from almost every area of the park, this 'green behemoth' is an imposing structure that is built directly over trafficked areas of the park. As a matter of fact, one of the rides loops actually goes under the bridge between Marvel Superhero Island and Port of Entry. Unlike many coasters, the Incredible Hulk Coaster shoots you out of the gate, going from 0 to 40mph in 2 seconds flat. There is no real straight-away here for you to recover from the series of corkscrews, loops and subterranean dips. This attraction has received rave reviews from visitors and coaster enthusiasts alike, and is a VERY BIG draw for crowds. Expect to do this first thing in the morning, or right before park closing.
Tip: Single riders line is available. The single riders line usually opens when the regular wait is 30 minutes or more. For the best view, ride in the front row. For a more intense ride, choose the back row.
Dr. Doom's Fearfall
Height Requirement: 52 inches
This attraction blasts you 150 feet up, and forces you back down faster than gravity. You are in an open air car during this and should be a particular warning for those with a fear of heights.
Tip: Single riders line is available. The single riders line usually opens when the regular wait is 30 minutes or more.
Storm Force Accelatron
The X-Men need your help! Professor X has recruited you to enhance Storm's weather control abilities against her battle with Magneto. You climb aboard round teacup-like pods (seats up to 5) and you spin yourself around. The faster you spin, the more energy you produce for Storm. Ultimately, Storm wins and Magneto retreats. This ride is a clone of the popular Mad Tea Party at the Magic Kingdom. The ride differs because the "teacups" have a lot more legroom for adults. There's also a cool rock sound and other lighting effects. Storm Force Accelatron is best experienced at night. The strobe, lights, and fog effects are enhanced greatly in the dark.
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.