Islands of Adventure Attractions
Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 44 inches tall
How wet will you get? Soaked!
Based on the 60's cartoon series, this attraction is one of the 'really wet ones' - that is to say that you don't just get wet on this ride, you'll get soaked. The final drop plunges you 15ft below the water line (although not underwater), and is quite an exhilarating experience (especially given the fact that there are no restraints in the vehicles). This attraction is a lot of fun, and tends to have long lines during peak season.
DIS Discussions about Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Height Requirement: 42 inches
How wet will you get? Anywhere from mild to soaked depending on where you sit.
This whitewater rafting ride is based on the Popeye cartoons. The rafts hold 12 visitors and proceed down a rather rapid waterway around some very steep curves. The boat slows down as it passes by "Me Ship, the Olive" (an interactive play area for kids). But, don't be fooled, the kids can fill a crate full of water, then dump it on your raft, they also have a series of directional water canons that they can fire at you as well (water cannons are free of charge). There are at least two areas where large amounts of free flowing water are dumped directly on the raft as well. Depending on which way the raft is turning and where you're sitting you could get soaked. If any member of your party decides not ride, their are water cannons just across the bridge from the attraction where they can shoot you with water as you pass by (these are not free)
DIS Discussions about Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Me Ship, the Olive
An interactive child's playground based on Popeye's boat. Children even get the chance to squirt water cannons at guests passing by in the adjacent Bilge-Rat Raft ride.
DIS Discussions about Me Ship, the Olive
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.