Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Studios Orlando
2014 Halloween Horror Nights
Event Dates and Information
SEPTEMBER 19-20, 25-28 2014
OCTOBER 2-5, 9-12, 15-19, 22-26, 29-31 2014
NOVEMBER 1 2014
Face your deepest fears in the flesh, or what’s left of it, at Halloween Horror Nights 24.
For 28 select nights beginning September 19, Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns as the nation's best and most intense Halloween event. Guests will confront extreme Halloween entertainment that cannot be experienced anywhere else. This year, they will scream as they become prey to fiendish creatures, panic as they come face-to-face with vampires, and feel chills as they are haunted by deceased souls.
Face your demons in the demented nightmare of Alice Cooper, get nuked in a magic trick by Penn & Teller gone horrifically wrong, and enter the next dimension of terror in Silent Hill, where certain death awaits you on the other side, all while making your way through all-new haunted houses, scare zones and electrifying live shows.
Do you have what it takes to survive? Plan your escape today.
Halloween Horror Nights is Universal Orlando’s annual Halloween party, and it is one of the most popular events in Orlando. Especially if you’re a fan of horror films, this is a ‘don’t miss’ event for those looking for something a little edgier than Disney. For 28 nights this fall, Universal Studios Florida will be home to all-new haunted houses, street experiences, hundreds of frightening “scareactors” and live shows. Guests will be immersed in the horrors of years’ past and introduced to brand-new frights.
These are usually temporary structures set up specifically for the event (although, in the past, certain attractions have been converted into haunted houses for the event). Each of the houses is themed differently. As you walk through the attraction, any number of things or people are likely to jump out at you. Don’t worry, they won’t ever touch you, but they come pretty close.
The horror will come to you in the street experiences. Roaming legions of creatures will inhabit every corner of the park. They will find you and invade your personal space like never before. There will be no boundaries. The rules of the past will no longer apply.
Advance ticket purchase: $95.99 per person (plus tax). This is considered a ‘hard ticket’ event (meaning that it requires separate admission and is not included with your regular multi-day park pass). Tickets can be purchased at the gate, but this event often sells out, so it is recommended to purchase them ahead of time. ORDER ONLINE HERE
Add-on options: Guests who already have tickets to Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure may add Halloween Horror Nights admission at a discounted rate.
Saturday add-on: $72.99 per person (plus tax)
Friday add-on: $56.99 per person (plus tax)
Sunday through Thursday add-on: $41.99 per person (plus tax)
Florida resident advance ticket purchase:
- Sun–Thurs: $45.99
- Friday: $56.99
- Saturday: $72.99
Skip the regular lines at all haunted houses, participating rides and attractions!
- Sept. 19, 28, 2014: $49.99
- Sept. 25, Oct. 2, 15, 22, 29, 31, 2014: $59.99
- Sept. 20, 26, Oct. 5, 9, 12, Nov. 1, 2014: $69.99
- Sept. 27, Oct 3, 10, 30, 2014: $79.99
- Oct. 16, 17, 23, 24, 26, 2014: $89.99
- Oct. 4, 19, 2014: $99.99
- Oct. 11, 18, 25, 2014: $109.99
These tickets are limited; advance purchase is recommended. Express pass allows one entry per event night to each participating Express attraction, per guest. Express pass only valid during Halloween Horror Nights event.
Frequent Fear Pass
Frequent Fear Pass
Universal is offering a “Frequent Fear Pass” that offers 16 nights for the price of 1 – for $86.99 (plus tax). Frequent Fear Pass Dates are every Wed, Thurs, and Sunday nights, as well as the event's first weekend:
September 19, 20, 25, 28, 2014
October 2, 5, 9, 12, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26, 29, 30, 2014
- Gates Open at 6:30pm each night.
Frequent Fear Plus Pass
Offers the benefits of the Frequent Fear Pass, plus admission every Friday (this adds up to 22 nights for the price of 1) for $102.99 (plus tax).
Sept. 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 2014
Oct. 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 30, 31, 2014
These tickets are limited; advance purchase is recommended. Express pass allows one entry per event night to each participating Express attraction, per guest.
Rush of Fear Pass
Rush of Fear Pass
Get admission to Halloween Horror Nights on ALL event nights during the first three weeks for $75.99 (plus tax). Rush of Fear Valid Dates:
September 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 2014
October 2, 3, 4, 5, 2014 (10 Total Nights)
- Gates Open at 6:30pm each night.
First 3 Weekend Offer!
First 3 Fridays: $42.99
First 3 Saturdays: $48.99
Sunday – Thursday Pass: $41.99
Friday Pass: $56.99
Saturday Pass: $72.99
Frequent Fear Pass:
16 nights for the price of 1 – for $73.99 (plus tax). Frequent Fear Pass Dates are every Wed, Thurs, and Sunday nights, as well as the event's first weekend.
Frequent Fear Plus Pass:
Offers the benefits of the Frequent Fear Pass, plus admission every Friday for $88.99 (plus tax).
Rush of Fear Pass:
Get admission to Halloween Horror Nights on ALL event nights during the first three weeks for $62.99 (plus tax). Rush of Fear Valid Dates:
Sept 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 2014
October 2, 3, 4, 5, 2014
**2014 info is still being released**
Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood - This house is based off of a movie, which will be released October 17. The haunted house "will be an origin story with gothic scenes showing Vlad the Impaler's transition into Dracula. Visitors will see a cave, a destroyed village, and the woods to Dracula's castle, plus impaled victims."
AVP: Alien vs. Predator - This year is the 10th anniversary of the Aliens vs. Predator film and the 35th anniversary of the Alien film. The theme park is working with Twentieth Century Fox on puppetry and costumes for the area.
From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series will be the theme of a haunted
house. The drama from the El Rey Network had a 10-episode season last
year and is based on a 1996 film with the same name. Michael Aiello,
Universal Orlando's director of entertainment said, "We will feature the
over-the-top gore that the show does so well and our
guests will come face-to-face with Robert’s unique and wickedly cool
take on the vampire mythos that is completely authentic to the show.
From the nightclub interiors to the inner sanctum of its tombs, these
bloodthirsty beasts will be everywhere and have a thirst that can’t be
AMC’s The Walking Dead returns in an all-new house based on the series’ most recent season. Experience the event’s largest house ever with more scareactors than ever before.
The Purge: Anarchy
This street experience will feature characters inspired by the new film "The Purge: Anarchy" and will be located in the New York backlot of the park. The film is a sequel to 2013's horror thriller starring Ethan Hawke. Set in the future, the government allows 12 hours every year where all crime is legal, in an effort to keep crime rates below one percent the rest of the year. Citizens must try to survive the night.
Syfy's competition series, "Face Of"f comes to life at Halloween Horror Nights as a terrifying new street experience with characters created by some of Hollywood's most talented Special effects makeup artists! Ten characters will take over the streets of Universal Orlando in five immersive environments. One of these characters will be designed by Season 5 winner and Universal Orlando make-up artist, Laura Tyler.
Michael Aiello, Director of Entertainment - Creative Development for the Universal Orlando Resort, said, "The gruesome creatures imagined on Face Off are the perfect fit. Our goal is to bring to life the macabre artistry displayed in the characters seen week after week. We are also very excited to be featured in a Season 7 episode, and to include that episode's winning makeup."
Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure – A MUST SEE! Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute - Let’s do the Time Warp again! Rock out to clips from the classic cult film with your favorite Transvestite, live tribute performers, and audience participants.
This event is geared more towards teens and adults. The theme and tone of the party is modeled after horror films, and some of the ‘players’ you’re likely to encounter will be very scary – some bordering on disturbing. If you’re comfortable watching a horror film without getting nightmares, then it’s a safe bet you’ll enjoy Halloween Horror Nights. This is definitely NOT an event that small children should attend. No costumes are allowed to be worn at Halloween Horror Nights
Tip: While the haunted houses are a blast, the lines for them aren't. Saturday nights are by far the worst, with the average wait per house easily reaching 2 hours long. Sunday-Thursday is much less crowded, and lines early in the evening are much more manageable (15-30 minutes on average).
RIP Tours 2014: Includes RIP Lounge with cash bar, Immediate VIP entry to all the haunted houses, reserved seating at Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, VIP access to select park attractions, complimentary valet parking. Tour will cap off at 12 people and last between 2 and 4 hours.
- Sept. 19, 25, 26, 27, 28, Oct. 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, Nov. 1, 2014 (tours begin at 8:00pm): prices begin at $109.99 per person, plus tax and event admission
Private RIP Tours 2014: These are for parties of up to 10 people. Includes RIP Lounge with cash bar (and complimentary coffee and bottle water after the tour), complimentary Photo Connect Star Card package, Unlimited Immediate VIP entry to all the haunted houses, Reserved seating at Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, VIP access to select park attractions, Complimentary valet parking
- Sept. 19, 25, 26, 27, 28, Oct. 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, Nov. 1, 2014: prices begin at $1,299 per group (up to 10) plus tax and event admission.
Unmasking the Horror Tour 2013 (2014 info not yet released): Commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard, "Lights On" tour of three haunted houses. Photos are allowed. Tour is filled at 15 guests.
- Sept. 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, Oct. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31, Nov. 1, 2, 2013 (tour begins at 10:30am or 2:00pm): $59.99 per person, plus tax. or take part in both sessions for $99.99.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Universal Orlando plans for Celebration of Harry Potter - This three-day event will celebrate everything Harry Potter.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Dracula Haunted House planned for Halloween Horror Nights - The haunted house "will be an origin story with gothic scenes showing Vlad the Impaler's transition into Dracula."
- Halloween Horror Nights plans Aliens vs. Predators haunted house - This year is the 10th anniversary of the Aliens vs. Predator film and the 35th anniversary of the Alien film.
- Eve 6 to perform at August Velvet Sessions - The concert will be held Thursday, August 28 in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Hard Rock Hotel to host wine riffs event - A five-course dinner from the hotel's chefs is paired with wines and music.
- "The Purge: Anarchy" to be Halloween Horror Nights Street Experience - Set in the future, the government allows 12 hours every year where all crime is legal, in an effort to keep crime rates below one percent the rest of the year. Citizens must try to survive the night.