Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Studios Orlando
2014 Halloween Horror Nights
Event Dates and Information
SEPTEMBER 19-20, 25-28 2014
OCTOBER 2-5, 9-12, 15-19, 22-26, 29-31 2014
NOVEMBER 1 2014
Face your deepest fears in the flesh, or what’s left of it, at Halloween Horror Nights 24.
For 28 select nights beginning September 19, Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns as the nation's best and most intense Halloween event. Guests will confront extreme Halloween entertainment that cannot be experienced anywhere else. This year, they will scream as they become prey to fiendish creatures, panic as they come face-to-face with vampires, and feel chills as they are haunted by deceased souls.
Face your demons in the demented nightmare of Alice Cooper, get nuked in a magic trick by Penn & Teller gone horrifically wrong, and enter the next dimension of terror in Silent Hill, where certain death awaits you on the other side, all while making your way through all-new haunted houses, scare zones and electrifying live shows.
Do you have what it takes to survive? Plan your escape today.
Halloween Horror Nights is Universal Orlando’s annual Halloween party, and it is one of the most popular events in Orlando. Especially if you’re a fan of horror films, this is a ‘don’t miss’ event for those looking for something a little edgier than Disney. For 25 nights this fall, Universal Studios Florida will be home to all-new haunted houses, street experiences, hundreds of frightening “scareactors” and live shows. Guests will be immersed in the horrors of years’ past and introduced to brand-new frights.
These are usually temporary structures set up specifically for the event (although, in the past, certain attractions have been converted into haunted houses for the event). Each of the houses is themed differently. As you walk through the attraction, any number of things or people are likely to jump out at you. Don’t worry, they won’t ever touch you, but they come pretty close. Instead of the scare zones of the past, this year there will be street experiences - the horror will come to you. Everywhere you go, you will encounter The Legions of Horror, creatures who have escaped from an ancient buried cemetery.
Advance ticket purchase: $91.99 per person (plus tax). This is considered a ‘hard ticket’ event (meaning that it requires separate admission and is not included with your multi-day pass). Tickets can be purchased at the gate, but this event often sells out, so it is recommended to purchase them ahead of time. ORDER ONLINE HERE
Add-on options: Guests who already have tickets to Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure may add Halloween Horror Nights admission at a discounted rate.
Saturday add-on: $69.99 per person (plus tax)
Friday add-on: $53.99 per person (plus tax)
Sunday through Thursday add-on: $38.99 per person (plus tax)
Florida resident advance ticket purchase:
Skip the regular lines at all haunted houses, participating rides and attractions!
Sept. 20, 26, 29, Oct. 16, 31, Nov. 1, 2013: $49.99
Oct. 3, 10, 23, Nov. 2: $59.99
Sept. 21, 27, 28, Oct. 6, 13, 17, 27, 2013: $69.99
Oct. 4, 11, 20, 24, 2013: $79.99
Oct. 18, 25, 2013: $89.99
Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, 2013: $99.99
These tickets are limited; advance purchase is recommended. Express pass allows one entry per event night to each participating Express attraction, per guest. Express pass only valid during Halloween Horror Nights event.
Frequent Fear Pass
Frequent Fear Pass
Universal is offering a “Frequent Fear Pass” that offers 15 nights for the price of 1 – for $83.99 (plus tax). Frequent Fear Pass Dates are every Wed, Thurs, and Sunday nights, as well as the event's first weekend:
September 20, 21, 26, 29, 2013
October 3, 6, 10, 13, 16, 17, 20, 23, 24, 27 or 31, 2013
November 1, 2, 2013
- Gates Open at 6:30pm each night.
Frequent Fear Plus Pass
Offers the benefits of the Frequent Fear Pass, plus admission every Friday for $99.99 (plus tax).
Sept. 20, 21, 26, 27, 29, 2013
Oct. 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 25, 27 or 31, 2013
November 1, 2, 2013
These tickets are limited; advance purchase is recommended. Express pass allows one entry per event night to each participating Express attraction, per guest.
Rush of Fear Pass
Rush of Fear Pass
Get admission to Halloween Horror Nights on ALL event nights during the first three weeks for $72.99 (plus tax). Rush of Fear Valid Dates:
September 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2013
October 3, 4, 5, 6, 2013 (10 Total Nights)
- Gates Open at 6:30pm each night.
First 3 Weekend Offer!
First 3 Fridays: $39.99
First 3 Saturdays: $45.99
Sunday – Thursday Pass: $38.99
Friday Pass: $53.99
Saturday Pass: $69.99
Frequent Fear Pass:
15 nights for the price of 1 – for $70.99 (plus tax). Frequent Fear Pass Dates are every Wed, Thurs, and Sunday nights, as well as the event's first weekend.
Frequent Fear Plus Pass:
Offers the benefits of the Frequent Fear Pass, plus admission every Friday for $85.99 (plus tax).
Rush of Fear Pass:
Get admission to Halloween Horror Nights on ALL event nights during the first three weeks for $59.99 (plus tax). Rush of Fear Valid Dates:
Sept 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2013
October 3, 4, 5, 6, 2013
Resident Evil: Escape from Racoon City - Raccoon City is overrun with Umbrella Corporation’s most terrifying experiments, and the only option is complete destruction. You’ll need to duck and dodge Lickers, Hunters, and Nemesis himself if you want any chance of escaping Capcom’s video game terrors before missiles send everything back to hell.
An American Werewolf in London -
The Walking Dead -Walk in the footsteps of the survivors as Season 3 of AMC’s horror hit
relentlessly attacks you from all sides. Stay alert—walkers could trap
you anywhere along your journey from the town of Woodbury to the
claustrophobic confines of the derelict prison.
Havoc 2: Derailed -Hang on tight aboard a militaristic train convoy that’s secretly transporting the “Dogs of War” — a genetically engineered super-soldier outfit. These bloodthirsty maniacs are bent on mayhem and destruction, with their sights set on twisting the metal of a speeding train. This is Havoc!
Afterlife: Death’s Vengeance-Serial killer Bobby "The Blade" is about to meet Ole' Sparky. 2000 volts are going to send him to a horrific realm of pain. His victims have waited an eternity for vengeance. They're bound to turn Bobby’s afterlife into an unimaginable, infernal torment.
Urban Legends: La Llorona -She is known as the weeping woman. Her legend is one of tragedy... and of murder. She drowned her children in the cold, watery depths and now torments all who hear her with icy, mournful cries. Forced to walk the earth for eternity, she seeks others to share her pain and suffering, now and forever.
Evil Dead -Relive "The Most Terrifying Film You Will Ever Experience" as gruesome Deadites try to possess your soul. There is nowhere to hide as every creaking floorboard and tangled vine is just waiting to pull you down, making you one with the Evil Dead.
The Cabin in the Woods - Experience a live recreation of the film that ripped the horror genre inside out. Beneath the cabin’s rustic appearance lies a secret facility that unleashes terrifying beings that you thought only existed in nightmares.
A completely reinvented street experience will unleash scareactors in an all-new, terrifying way. Roaming legions of menacing beasts, vampires, prisoners, warriors and more will inhabit every corner of the park. They will find you and invade your personal space like never before. There will be no boundaries. The rules of the past will no longer apply.
The Walking Dead
AMC's The Walking Dead has overtaken the streets of Universal Studios. From Atlanta to the forests and into Woodbury, you’ll have to fight your way through some of the most iconic locations in the show if you want to survive the night.
The Fall of Atlanta
The smell of death is in the air as you make your way past an iconic tank, sandbag barriers, and decayed rotting corpses on your journey through this decimated city. But be warned—the city’s not empty.
Tread carefully through these woods, as you never know who you might encounter. Lurking deep in the hidden depths are unforgettable scenes and characters from Seasons 1, 2 and 3.
- Survivor's Camp
There’s no one telling ghost stories at this derelict campsite, but there are plenty of undead. Will you dare to go closer to the eerily abandoned RV? Keep your wits about you or you might become a ghost story yourself.
- The Farm
Something’s burning and it’s not a Sunday roast. Gasoline fumes ignite your senses as you encounter the smoldering remains of a singed country farm. See and smell the putrid barn, the red tractor, and more as you learn what’s causing that horrifying stench.
Turn around and live—proceed and face your fate. Stick together as you head down this street, because the spiked barriers are there for a reason. If you refuse to heed the spray-painted warnings, you’re in for a terrifying walk that will feel like an eternity.
Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure – A MUST SEE! Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute - Let’s do the Time Warp again! Rock out to clips from the classic cult film with your favorite Transvestite, live tribute performers, and audience participants.
This event is geared more towards teens and adults. The theme and tone of the party is modeled after horror films, and some of the ‘players’ you’re likely to encounter will be very scary – some bordering on disturbing. If you’re comfortable watching a horror film without getting nightmares, then it’s a safe bet you’ll enjoy Halloween Horror Nights. This is definitely NOT an event that small children should attend. No costumes are allowed to be worn at Halloween Horror Nights
Tip: While the haunted houses are a blast, the lines for them aren't. Saturday nights are by far the worst, with the average wait per house easily reaching 2 hours long. Sunday-Thursday is much less crowded, and lines early in the evening are much more manageable (15-30 minutes on average).
RIP Tours 2013: Includes RIP Lounge with cash bar, Immediate VIP entry to all the haunted houses, reserved seating at Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, VIP access to select park attractions, complimentary valet parking. Tour will cap off at 12 people and last between 2 and 4 hours.
- Sept. 26, 28, 29, Oct. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31, Nov. 1, 2, 2013 (tours begin at 8:00pm): prices begin at $109.99 per person, plus tax and event admission
Private RIP Tours 2013: These are for parties of up to 10 people. Includes RIP Lounge with cash bar (and complimentary coffee and bottle water after the tour), complimentary Photo Connect Star Card package, Unlimited Immediate VIP entry to all the haunted houses, Reserved seating at Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, VIP access to select park attractions, Complimentary valet parking
- Sept. 26, 28, 29, Oct. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31, Nov. 1, 2, 2013: prices begin at $1,250 per group (up to 10) plus tax and event admission.
Arcane Insights Tour 2013: Includes RIP Lounge with cash bar, Priority front of the line access at the haunted houses, Priority seating at Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure,Complimentary valet parking, Commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard, Q&A session with Universal's Art and Design team (and complimentary bottled water), Member of the Art and Design team will accompany the tour. Tour will last for 6 hours.
- Oct. 3, 11, 18, 25, 2013 (tour begins at 7:00pm): $239.99 per person, plus tax and event admission
Unmasking the Horror Tour 2013: Commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard, "Lights On" tour of three haunted houses. Photos are allowed. Tour is filled at 15 guests.
- Sept. 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, Oct. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31, Nov. 1, 2, 2013 (tour begins at 10:30am or 2:00pm): $59.99 per person, plus tax. or take part in both sessions for $99.99.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.