Holiday events at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
2014 dates not yet announced
It’s the holidays at Universal Orlando Resort – and Grinchmas, the Macy’s Holiday Parade and other special events run from December 7, 2013 - January 4, 2014.
- Grinchmas & Macy's Holiday Parade Photos
- Mannheim Steamroller Performance Photos
- VIDEO - Breakfast with the Grinch
- Purchase Universal Tickets
- Resort Dining - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
At Islands of Adventure, the popular Dr. Seuss book “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is brought to life in Grinchmas, a live stage show featuring an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller. During the show, six songs are performed by a live cast, including The Grinch and The Whos from Whoville. This show is performed on Soundstage 20. As a part of the Grinchmas celebration, guests will also have the opportunity to meet The Grinch and explore the Whoville Wonky Tree Lot. Check the park map for times.
The Grinch is inviting you to breakfast! Treat your family to The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast (separate fee applies) at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
You’ll enjoy an all-inclusive buffet at Confisco Grille where you’ll dine with The Grinch and many more of your favorite Seuss characters, including a Who or two. Plus, you’ll get express access to The Cat In The Hat ride with your Character Breakfast receipt! With limited seating and select dates, these breakfasts are sure to fill up fast. Book here.
DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Pete Werner talks about his experience having breakfast with the Grinch!
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
- Select dates (reservations recommended):
Dec 7-25, 2013 (8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am)
Dec 16-30, 2013 (7:00am, 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am)
Dec 31, 2013 (8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am)
Children (ages 3-9):
$10.99 plus tax & gratuity, per person
$24.99 plus tax & gratuity, per person
- Discounts available for Premier and Preferred Passholders.
At Universal Studios, the world-renowned balloons and floats from Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade return. Guests can experience the excitement of the New York City tradition as the Macy’s Holiday Parade cruises through the streets of the park.
The parade begins at dusk.
In addition to the parade, Universal Studios guests can enjoy performances by marching bands from across the country, a nightly Christmas tree lighting, as well as specially themed holiday shows.
Located in the New York Area & Music Plaza Stage, and following the Macy's Holiday Parade, Holiday Village is filled with local artisans, kids crafts, tasty snacks for purchase and more.
Mannheim Steamroller performs!
The famous group Mannheim Steamroller will perform live on the Music Plaza Stage on December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 2013! The Grammy Award-winning, platinum-selling group has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide.
A Barney Holiday
At A Day In The Park With Barney, join Barney and his friends as they sing together in this crowd-pleasing show.
The Blues Brothers Holiday Show
Sing along with Jake and Elwood as they perform favorite holiday songs, like "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" and "Blue Christmas." At the end of each show, it will snow on Delancey Street!
The celebration continues at Universal Orlando’s three on-site hotels – Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort – all of which will glisten with holiday decorations. Hotel guests will be immersed in the spirit of the season with carolers, tree-lighting ceremonies, holiday movie presentations and special holiday menus.
Portofino Bay Hotel - Where The Lovelight Gleams
- Visits from Santa
- Universal Orlando Character Dining
- Face painting and more!
- Holiday In the Harbor
- December 13, 14, and 20-14, 2013
- Acrobatic elves, Storytelling, Scavenger Hunt, Babbo Natale's Sweet Shop
- Holiday carolers, Horse & Carriage (Friday nights only), Festa "Holiday" Musica della Notte, Grand Illumination of Portofino's Christmas Tree
Hard Rock Hotel - The Kitchen
Dinner buffet from 9:00am - 4:00pm
Adults: $50, children 3-9: $18, 3 and under free. Call 407-503-3463 for info.
- Grilled rosemary and thyme rubbed New York sirloin
- roasted Greek spice-rubbed leg of lamb
- maple-cinnamon glazed country ham
- Baked cedar plank Atlantic salmon
- sage butter-basted turkey
- children's items available
Special holiday a la carte and prix fixe dinner menus will also be available at The Kitchen from 5-11:00pm on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. For reservations or information, call 407-503-2200.
Portofino Bay Hotel - Trattoria del Porto
Christmas Day Champagne Buffet
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Adults: $62 (champagne included), children 3-9: $18, 3 and under free
- Rosemary-rubbed citrus turkey
- herb-crusted strip loin of beef
- pineapple rum-glazed ham
- chilled seafood
- dessert stations
Children will be entertained by the characters, face painting, balloon artist and strolling musicians. For more info, call 407-503-3463.
Royal Pacific Resort - Islands Dining Room
Christmas Day Buffet
11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Adults: $54, children 3-9: $24, 3 and under free
Juniper berry roasted turkey, Palmetto Creek ham, stuffed quail, ham with pineapple-apricot chutney, herb crusted snapper, sushi, stir fry and omelet stations, hickory smoked seafood, iced raw bar, fresh-baked breads, pastries, cakes and pies.
Children will be entertained by a visit from Santa, face painting, balloon artist, islands and hula dancers.
For more info or reservations at any of these locations, call 407-503-DINE.
- Syfy's "Face Off" comes to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando - Syfy's Face Off comes to life at Halloween Horror Nights as a terrifying new street experience with characters created by some of Hollywood's most talented Special effects makeup artists!
- "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series" theme for haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights - The drama from the El Ray Network had a 10-episode season last year and is based on a 1996 film with the same name.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - This four-course beer dinner will feature select Oskar Blues Brewery craft beers paired with specially prepared entrees and dessert.
- Blog - Like This at Walt Disney World? Try That at Universal Orlando.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley opens today! - New experiences include a thrilling attraction inside Gringotts Bank, dining at The Leaky Cauldron and the Hogwarts Express - an attraction requiring a two-park pass that will transport guests back and forth between the two Wizarding Worlds.
- Bread Box sandwich shop now open at Universal CityWalk - This retro restaurant serves a variety of made-to-order sandwiches, including an entire menu of varieties of grilled cheese!
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame now open at Universal CityWalk - Serving iconic hot dogs from some of the nation's most famous ballparks in Chicago, Boston, New York and L.A.
- Blog - Ride Technology and Storytelling Advance at Universal Creative
- Lou Gramm of Foreigner to perform at Velvet Sessions - After cancelling his January appearance due to illness, Lou Gramm is back to perform at Velvet Sessions.
- VIDEO: Hogwarts Express Complete Experience including Platform 9 ¾ and more! - Enter through King's Cross Station, cross through to Platform 9 ¾ and take a ride on the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade train station or after leaving Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, journey back to London and Diagon Alley.
- VIDEO: Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Queue and Dragon - While walking through the queue for Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, guests will encounter goblins in the bank lobby, meet up with Bill Weasley in his office and take an elevator ride deep down into the mines to board a cart to take them to their vaults.
- VIDEO: Diagon Alley Overview including Knockturn Alley, Leaky Cauldron and more! - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida is the new expansion to the extremely popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter which opened up in Islands of Adventure in 2010.
- Photo gallery of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley - The Diagon Alley expansion opens to the public July 8.
- VIDEO: Diagon Alley Red Carpet Opening with Harry Potter Film Stars - Stars of the Harry Potter film series came to Universal Orlando to celebrate the opening of Diagon Alley with a red carpet entrance and a special opening ceremony.
- Live Blog - Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley preview at Universal Orlando - This blog will be updated daily during the media event for the soon-to-open Diagon Alley expansion at Universal Studios.
- Diagon Alley to open July 8 at Universal Studios - The date was announced at a media preview event.