Holiday events at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
2014 dates not yet announced
It’s the holidays at Universal Orlando Resort – and Grinchmas, the Macy’s Holiday Parade and other special events run from December 7, 2013 - January 4, 2014.
- Grinchmas & Macy's Holiday Parade Photos
- Mannheim Steamroller Performance Photos
- VIDEO - Breakfast with the Grinch
- Purchase Universal Tickets
- Resort Dining - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
At Islands of Adventure, the popular Dr. Seuss book “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is brought to life in Grinchmas, a live stage show featuring an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller. During the show, six songs are performed by a live cast, including The Grinch and The Whos from Whoville. This show is performed on Soundstage 20. As a part of the Grinchmas celebration, guests will also have the opportunity to meet The Grinch and explore the Whoville Wonky Tree Lot. Check the park map for times.
The Grinch is inviting you to breakfast! Treat your family to The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast (separate fee applies) at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
You’ll enjoy an all-inclusive buffet at Confisco Grille where you’ll dine with The Grinch and many more of your favorite Seuss characters, including a Who or two. Plus, you’ll get express access to The Cat In The Hat ride with your Character Breakfast receipt! With limited seating and select dates, these breakfasts are sure to fill up fast. Book here.
DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Pete Werner talks about his experience having breakfast with the Grinch!
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
- Select dates (reservations recommended):
Dec 7-25, 2013 (8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am)
Dec 16-30, 2013 (7:00am, 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am)
Dec 31, 2013 (8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am)
Children (ages 3-9):
$10.99 plus tax & gratuity, per person
$24.99 plus tax & gratuity, per person
- Discounts available for Premier and Preferred Passholders.
At Universal Studios, the world-renowned balloons and floats from Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade return. Guests can experience the excitement of the New York City tradition as the Macy’s Holiday Parade cruises through the streets of the park.
The parade begins at dusk.
In addition to the parade, Universal Studios guests can enjoy performances by marching bands from across the country, a nightly Christmas tree lighting, as well as specially themed holiday shows.
Located in the New York Area & Music Plaza Stage, and following the Macy's Holiday Parade, Holiday Village is filled with local artisans, kids crafts, tasty snacks for purchase and more.
Mannheim Steamroller performs!
The famous group Mannheim Steamroller will perform live on the Music Plaza Stage on December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 2013! The Grammy Award-winning, platinum-selling group has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide.
A Barney Holiday
At A Day In The Park With Barney, join Barney and his friends as they sing together in this crowd-pleasing show.
The Blues Brothers Holiday Show
Sing along with Jake and Elwood as they perform favorite holiday songs, like "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" and "Blue Christmas." At the end of each show, it will snow on Delancey Street!
The celebration continues at Universal Orlando’s three on-site hotels – Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort – all of which will glisten with holiday decorations. Hotel guests will be immersed in the spirit of the season with carolers, tree-lighting ceremonies, holiday movie presentations and special holiday menus.
Portofino Bay Hotel - Where The Lovelight Gleams
- Visits from Santa
- Universal Orlando Character Dining
- Face painting and more!
- Holiday In the Harbor
- December 13, 14, and 20-14, 2013
- Acrobatic elves, Storytelling, Scavenger Hunt, Babbo Natale's Sweet Shop
- Holiday carolers, Horse & Carriage (Friday nights only), Festa "Holiday" Musica della Notte, Grand Illumination of Portofino's Christmas Tree
Hard Rock Hotel - The Kitchen
Dinner buffet from 9:00am - 4:00pm
Adults: $50, children 3-9: $18, 3 and under free. Call 407-503-3463 for info.
- Grilled rosemary and thyme rubbed New York sirloin
- roasted Greek spice-rubbed leg of lamb
- maple-cinnamon glazed country ham
- Baked cedar plank Atlantic salmon
- sage butter-basted turkey
- children's items available
Special holiday a la carte and prix fixe dinner menus will also be available at The Kitchen from 5-11:00pm on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. For reservations or information, call 407-503-2200.
Portofino Bay Hotel - Trattoria del Porto
Christmas Day Champagne Buffet
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Adults: $62 (champagne included), children 3-9: $18, 3 and under free
- Rosemary-rubbed citrus turkey
- herb-crusted strip loin of beef
- pineapple rum-glazed ham
- chilled seafood
- dessert stations
Children will be entertained by the characters, face painting, balloon artist and strolling musicians. For more info, call 407-503-3463.
Royal Pacific Resort - Islands Dining Room
Christmas Day Buffet
11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Adults: $54, children 3-9: $24, 3 and under free
Juniper berry roasted turkey, Palmetto Creek ham, stuffed quail, ham with pineapple-apricot chutney, herb crusted snapper, sushi, stir fry and omelet stations, hickory smoked seafood, iced raw bar, fresh-baked breads, pastries, cakes and pies.
Children will be entertained by a visit from Santa, face painting, balloon artist, islands and hula dancers.
For more info or reservations at any of these locations, call 407-503-DINE.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.