Summer Concert Series
2014 dates not yet announced
(in 2013, the event was held June 1 - July 6)
Universal Orlando's Summer Concert Series features performances by some of music’s biggest talent – live at the outdoor Music Plaza. This concert series will give guests the chance to top off their day in the park with a nighttime mega-concert. The concerts are included with regular admission to Universal Studios. For guests who only want access to the concerts, and not the rest of the theme park, a 2013 Summer Concert ticket is available for $69.99 plux tax and will provide one time access after 7:00pm. Tickets can be purchased at www.universalorlando.com.
The concert line-up features some of the biggest names in rock, pop, hip-hop and R&B.
- June 1, 2013 - NE-YO
- June 8, 2013 - Nickelodean's Big Time Rush
- June 15, 2013 - Gavin DeGraw
- June 22, 2013 - Earth, Wind & Fire
- June 29, 2013 - Adam Lambert
- July 6, 2013 - Kip Moore
The concert series spotlights Universal Orlando’s home for hit music – the Music Plaza. Located in the heart of the Universal Studios theme park, the Music Plaza is a state-of-the-art outdoor music venue designed in the spirit of one of the most famous outdoor concert venues of all-time, The Hollywood Bowl, home to landmark performances by everyone from the Beatles to Elton John and more. The Music Plaza features a 2,400-square-foot performance stage, a 15,000-square-foot viewing lawn and two 20-foot-tall projection screens so that everyone can see the show.
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort set to open July 14, 2016 - Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, the fifth Loews Hotel on Universal Orlando Resort property and their first moderate resort, is now available to book and will officially open on July 14, 2016!
- Family's Guide to Universal: Twister...Ride It Out - Twister...Ride It Out places us in the 1996 film, Twister, and is a re-creation of a tornado ripping through a small town in Oklahoma.
- TripAdvisor honors Islands of Adventure as the world's top theme park - These awards are chosen yearly based on reviews from TripAdvisor users.
- Insidious coming to Halloween Horror Nights - The popular film series Insidious will be represented at Halloween Horror Nights 25 at Universal Studios Florida.
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 3 - Royal Pacific Resort - Day 3 of our Universal Land & Sea coverage is dedicated to Royal Pacific Resort - a relaxing escape to the South Pacific right in the middle of Orlando!
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 2 - Hard Rock Hotel - Day 2 of our Universal Land & Sea coverage is dedicated to Hard Rock Hotel - the only hotel in Orlando that makes you feel like a rock star the second you step foot in the lobby.
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 1 - Portofino Bay Hotel - Day 1 of our Universal Land & Sea coverage is dedicated to Portofino Bay Hotel - the flagship resort of Universal Orlando and one of the most beautiful and elegant hotels in Orlando, period.
- Family's Guide to Universal: Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges - It's the classic struggle between a spinach-eating hero and a bearded bully to win the irresistible and scrawny damsel-in-distress, but this time there is a lot of water involved.
- Family's Guide to Universal: MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack - This is one family's take on one of Universal's most popular attractions - MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack.
- Family's Guide to Universal: Revenge of the Mummy - This is one family's take on one of Universal's most popular attractions - Revenge of the Mummy.
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando is closing December 31, 2016 - The water park has been open for nearly 40 years.
- Universal Orlando presents Freddy vs. Jason during Halloween Horror Nights
- Universal Orlando experiences power outage on 25th anniversary