Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Opening March 31, 2014! - Now accepting reservations!
Universal Parks & Resorts and Loews Hotels & Resorts have announced Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, a new affordable on-site option for families visiting the theme parks.
Unlike the current three hotels (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort), Cabana Bay will feature 900 family suites that will sleep six and include kitchenette areas.
In addition to the suites, 900 standard rooms will also be available. According to Universal, the hotel will have a much different theme than the resort's current offerings. It is designed to remind guests of "the driving vacations so many Americans grew up enjoying with their families - spending time at sweeping motor courts just off the highway, where families relaxed and played after a long day's drive." Clean lines, bright colors and neon signs will accomplish the vintage feel. Two themed pools will give guests a place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
The plans for Cabana Bay sound strikingly similar to Walt Disney World's newest resort, Art of Animation, which opened last year. Art of Animation also features six-person suites, as well as standard rooms, and marketed as a value priced family hotel.
Tom Williams, chairman and chief executive officer of Universal Parks & Resorts, said, "Our new hotel will give guests an affordable, incredibly themed on-site hotel experience unlike anything else at our resort. Our new family suites and family-value pricing will give our guests on-site options they've never had before."
Guests at Cabana Bay will receive early entry to the theme parks, just like guests at the three current on-site hotels, but they will not receive the complimentary Universal Express Unlimited Access. Removing the front-of-the-line passes is an interesting development; Universal is ultimately now dividing their guests into a sort of "class system" based on their level of accommodations. Therefore, only those who stay at the higher priced hotels get front of the line access. While there have been rumors of Disney offering Fastpass priority to their on-site resort guests, it has yet to come to fruition.
Transportation to the theme parks will be by bus. There are no boat transfers.
The new hotel will be located on a 37-acre plot of land adjacent to Islands of Adventure just off Hollywood Way and Turkey Lake Road.
- Blog - Holidays at Universal Orlando 2013
- Information on Universal's new Quick Service Dining Plan - Universal offers a couple of dining plan options that allow you to pre-pay for some meals at select dining locations at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery opens at Universal CityWalk - Guests can choose from a menu of 10 different oven-baked pizzas at this new quick-service restaurant.
- Special preview rate for Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal - The family suites will start at just $134 per night for a three-night stay and only $104 per night for a seven-night stay! This is a 47% savings off the regular prices.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update – Looking to the Future
- John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS to perform at Velvet Unplugged - John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS will be putting on this live acoustic performance in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.