Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Cabana Bay Beach Resort is an affordable on-site option for families visiting the theme parks.
Unlike the previous three on-site hotels (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort), Cabana Bay features 900 family suites that will sleep six and include kitchenette areas.
In addition to the suites, 900 standard rooms are also available. Cabana Bay is designed to remind guests of "the driving vacations so many Americans grew up enjoying with their families - spending time at sweeping motor courts just off the highway, where families relaxed and played after a long day's drive." Clean lines, bright colors and neon signs accomplish the vintage feel. Two themed pools with sand beaches, waterslide, interactive play area, cabana rentals, a lazy river and two pool bars give guests a place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The hotel offers a 10-lane bowling alley with table service dining at the Galaxy Bowl Restaurant. A Starbucks is located in the hotel's lobby. Other food options available are Delicioso Pizza delivery and a food court. The Jack LaLanne Fitness center keeps with the retro feel and is filled with photos of LaLanne, as well as trophies, artifacts and even a statue of the fitness expert of the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Old episodes of his show play on the TV.
Guests at Cabana Bay receive early entry to the theme parks, just like guests at the other three on-site hotels, but they do not receive the complimentary Universal Express Unlimited Access.
Transportation to the theme parks is by complimentary shuttle buses or walking paths. There are no boat transfers.
Cabana Bay is located adjacent to Islands of Adventure just off Hollywood Way and Turkey Lake Road.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Universal Orlando plans for Celebration of Harry Potter - This three-day event will celebrate everything Harry Potter.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!