Hard Rock Hotel Universal Orlando
Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - Recreation
One of the coolest venues at the hotel, literally, is the pool, all 12,000 square feet of it! Hanging out here is a must for all guests at the Hard Rock Hotel. Features include a sand beach, underwater stereo, interactive fountains, pool slide and more. There are also two hot tubs in the pool area, as well as a sand volleyball court. There is a collection of cool cabanas for rent that offer videos, refrigerators and ceiling fans. Cabana rentals are $150 per day and should be reserved in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist can reserve your cabana for you, or call 407-503-2236.
TIP: During the summer months, a live band performs on the pool stage starting at dusk. The entertainment is excellent, and it's a nice way to relax after a day in the parks. They also have 'dive in' movies at the pool on Saturday nights.
To keep in shape, there's The Workout Room. Here, guests will find state of the art exercise equipment, separate men's and women's steam room, sauna, whirlpool, and locker facilities. The fitness center is open from 6am-9pm daily. Cost is $8 per day, or $20 for length of stay. Club level guests receive complimentary access to the fitness center. The fitness center also offers poolside massages!
For golfers, Hard Rock Hotel guests are provided with special rates and tee times at several area golf courses including the Metro West Golf Club, Mystic Dunes Golf Club and Orange COunty National Golf Center. Complimentary transportation to the above venues is provided by the hotel.
Other recreational options include:
- Supervised children's activity center - Camp Lil' Rock is open from 5pm to 11:30pm Sun-Thu (Midnight on Fri-Sat). Cost is $12 per hour/per child and an additional charge of $12 per child for meals. Reservations must be made in advance and can be arranged through your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist, or by calling 407-503-2236
- Game Room - open from 8am - Midnight
- Sand Volleyball court
- Shuffleboard/life size checkers
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort to feature Jack LaLanne Fitness Center - Going along with the retro feeling of the hotel, the fitness center will be filled with photos of LaLanne, as well as trophies, artifacts and even a statue of him.
- The Psychedelic Furs to perform at March Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel on Thursday, March 27.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Carl Dixon of The Guess Who will perform at Velvet Unplugged - This live acoustic performance will take place in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Jake's partners with Bell's Brewery for this dinner in March.