Hard Rock Hotel Universal Orlando
Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - Recreation
One of the coolest venues at the hotel, literally, is the pool, all 12,000 square feet of it! Hanging out here is a must for all guests at the Hard Rock Hotel. Features include a sand beach, underwater stereo, interactive fountains, pool slide and more. There are also two jacuzzi's in the pool area, as well as a sand volleyball court. There is a collection of cool cabanas for rent that offer videos, refrigerators and ceiling fans. Cabana rentals are $150 per day and should be reserved in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist can reserve your cabana for you, or call 407-503-2236.
TIP: During the summer months, a live band performs on the pool stage starting at dusk. The entertainment is excellent, and it's a nice way to relax after a day in the parks. They also have 'dive in' movies at the pool on Saturday nights.
To keep in shape, there's The Workout Room. Here, guests will find state of the art exercise equipment, separate men's and women's steam room, sauna, whirlpool, and locker facilities. The fitness center is open from 6am-9pm daily. Cost is $8 per day, or $20 for length of stay. Club level guests receive complimentary access to the fitness center. The fitness center also offers poolside massages!
For golfers, Hard Rock Hotel guests are provided with special rates and tee times at several area golf courses including the Metro West Golf Club, Mystic Dunes Golf Club and Orange COunty National Golf Center. Complimentary transportation to the above venues is provided by the hotel.
Other recreational options include:
- Supervised children's activity center - Camp Lil' Rock is open from 5pm to 11:30pm Sun-Thu (Midnight on Fri-Sat). Cost is $12 per hour/per child and an additional charge of $12 per child for meals. Reservations must be made in advance and can be arranged through your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist, or by calling 407-503-2236
- Game Room - open from 8am - Midnight
- Sand Volleyball court
- Shuffleboard/life size checkers
- Universal Orlando offers free dining plan with hotel stay! - Book a package with a minimum of 4 nights at a Universal Partner hotel and get 2 days of the Universal Dining Plan free!
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Every few months, Jake's American Bar at the Royal Pacific holds a Beer Dinner, pairing each course with a unique beer.
- New character breakfast at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort - Every Sunday through Sept. 1, an island buffet with your favorite theme park characters will be held from 8:00-noon.
- Simpsons' restaurants open at Universal Orlando - A selection of restaurants from Springfield, the Simpsons' hometown, are now open.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit added to Universal's Express Plus list - Guests at Universal Studios can now use their Express Plus Pass on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update - New Announcements and More
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando - Universal Orlando announced on Thursday that a themed area will open this summer based on the popular television show "The Simpsons." The area, which is being called "Springfield" after the town featured in the show, replaces the former "Back to the Future" attraction that closed in 2007.
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks