Hard Rock Hotel Universal Orlando
Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - Recreation
One of the coolest venues at the hotel, literally, is the pool, all 12,000 square feet of it! Hanging out here is a must for all guests at the Hard Rock Hotel. Features include a sand beach, underwater stereo, interactive fountains, pool slide and more. There are also two hot tubs in the pool area, as well as a sand volleyball court. There is a collection of cool cabanas for rent that offer videos, refrigerators and ceiling fans. Cabana rentals are $150 per day and should be reserved in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist can reserve your cabana for you, or call 407-503-2236.
TIP: During the summer months, a live band performs on the pool stage starting at dusk. The entertainment is excellent, and it's a nice way to relax after a day in the parks. They also have 'dive in' movies at the pool on Saturday nights.
To keep in shape, there's The Workout Room. Here, guests will find state of the art exercise equipment, separate men's and women's steam room, sauna, whirlpool, and locker facilities. The fitness center is open from 6am-9pm daily. Cost is $8 per day, or $20 for length of stay. Club level guests receive complimentary access to the fitness center. The fitness center also offers poolside massages!
For golfers, Hard Rock Hotel guests are provided with special rates and tee times at several area golf courses including the Metro West Golf Club, Mystic Dunes Golf Club and Orange COunty National Golf Center. Complimentary transportation to the above venues is provided by the hotel.
Other recreational options include:
- Supervised children's activity center - Camp Lil' Rock is open from 5pm to 11:30pm Sun-Thu (Midnight on Fri-Sat). Cost is $12 per hour/per child and an additional charge of $12 per child for meals. Reservations must be made in advance and can be arranged through your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist, or by calling 407-503-2236
- Game Room - open from 8am - Midnight
- Sand Volleyball court
- Shuffleboard/life size checkers
- Harbor Nights to be held October 17 at Portofino Bay Hotel - Guests will enjoy wine, gourmet food, complimentary hand-rolled cigars and live jazz on the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - More than 50 craft beers, food and live music by The I-4 Band make up this festival under the outdoor Wantilan Pavilion at the Royal Pacific Resort.
- Nascar Sports Grille at Universal CityWalk to close November 1 - No announcement has been made as to what will replace the restaurant.
- Universal Orlando offers military ticket discount - Purchase a one-day, park-to-park ticket and receive two free days added onto the ticket.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.