Hard Rock Hotel Universal Orlando
Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - Rooms
Rooms at the Hard Rock are best described as 'modern elegance'. From the contemporary style of the furniture and the rock memorabilia found throughout, to the small elegant touches (over stuffed down comforters, Bloom personal care products) there is no question that this is a deluxe resort.
For some time the hotel did have an unusual number of complaints regarding the rooms - from worn carpeting, to issues with some rooms flooding. It does seem that many of these issues were corrected after a $6.8 million renovation in late 2006. Our only complaint with the rooms right now are the thin walls. We could clearly hear the conversations in the room next to us.
Comparing these rooms against other deluxe resorts in Orlando, we consider them to be above average. The size of the rooms also adds to the comfort level. Garden and pool view rooms are 375 sq. ft., Deluxe King rooms are 400 sq. ft., Deluxe double queen rooms are 500 sq. ft. (and include a pullout sofa).
Maximum occupancy in rooms with 2 queen beds is 5 people (fifth person requires a rollaway bed at $25 per day). King rooms accommodate up to 3 people (third person requires rollaway bed). Additional charges may apply for more than 2 adults per room. All rooms at this hotel include flat panel TV's, bookshelf entertainment centers, honor bar (with really expensive candy bars), hair dryer and ironing board.
The hotels 650 guest rooms and suites include:
- 32" flat panel TV
- Entertainment center with CD Player
- DVD Players (club rooms only)
- In room safe
- 2 telephones (including 1 cordless phone)
- Coffee maker and coffee
- Iron and Ironing board
- Hair dryer and make up mirror
- Daily newspaper upon request
- Bath and body products by Bloom
- Garden View Rooms - 375 Sq. Ft.
- Pool View Rooms - 375 Sq. Ft.
- Deluxe King Rooms - These spacious 400 sq. ft. rooms have a King bed and adjacent study area
- Deluxe Double Queen Rooms - Two Queen beds and a pullout sofa in the study area provides space for your family to relax (500 sq .ft.)
Hard Rock Club Rooms:
- There are 95 Club level rooms/suites located on the Hotel's 7th floor. These rooms include access to the "Club 7" lounge and offer either Garden or Water Views (375 sq .ft.)
Club 7 Amenities (available to guests staying in concierge):
- "Club 7" lounge - 3500 sq. ft. lounge on seventh floor open from 7:30am till 11:00pm
- Evening turndown service
- Signature bathrobes
- Free health club access
- Personal Concierge service
- Complimentary coffee, tea and soft drinks throughout the day
- Continental breakfast
- Complimentary beer/wine and hot hors d'oeuvres (5:00 - 7:00pm)
- "Evening Sweets" (8:30 - 9:30pm)
- Library of rock 'n' books
- CD player with selection of CD's to check out
- Kids Suites - The Kid's Suites include a King bed for the grownups and two twin beds for the kids. In the kid's room is their own TV, table and chairs. The playful decor of this 800 sq. ft. suite is sure to appeal to younger set. (Kid's suites are available at Club Level for an additional fee.)
- King Suites - Described as a junior suite, this 650 sq. ft. space includes a bedroom with King bed and extra living space for spreading out and relaxing. You can choose to book an adjoining Pool View room. (King Suites are available at Club Level for an additional fee.)
- Hospitality Suites - Designed for entertaining like a rock star, these suites have a spacious parlor which includes a kitchenette with bar, dining table, entertainment area and enclosed office. The 1250 sq. ft. parlors also features an adjoining 375 sq. ft. Garden View bedroom
- Graceland Suite - Live like the "King of Rock and Roll" in this luxurious 2000 sq .ft. suite. Located on the Club 7 floor, this amazing suite includes an immense bathroom with hot tub, enormous bed with leather headboard, walk in closet and a mix of upscale, eclectic furnishings. (An adjoining bedroom is available for an additional fee.)
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando - Universal Orlando announced on Thursday that a themed area will open this summer based on the popular television show "The Simpsons." The area, which is being called "Springfield" after the town featured in the show, replaces the former "Back to the Future" attraction that closed in 2007.
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- Discounted tickets to Blue Man Group available to Florida teachers - For the 5/24 - 7/7/13 performances, Florida public school teachers can purchase tickets to Blue Man Group for $34 (plus tax) for adults, and $29 (plus tax) for child's tickets.
- Little River Band and Toad the Wet Sprocket will play Velvet Sessions this summer - The last Thursday of every month, this concert is held in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Wantilan Luau to be held on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the summer - Beginning June 3, the Wantilan Luau at the Royal Pacific Resort will be held on both Tuesdays and Saturdays during the busy summer season.
- Mother's Day brunches planned at Universal Orlando resorts - The three on-site resorts at Universal Orlando are offering special Mother's Day brunches!
- Performers announced for Universal's Summer Concert Series - Beginning Saturday, June 1 and running Saturday nights through July 6, this concert series will give guests the chance to top off their day in the park with a nighttime mega-concert.
- Transformers to open June 20 at Universal Studios! - The highly anticipated Transformers attraction will open June 20 at Universal Studios!