Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Photo Gallery | DIS Review | Forums | Portofino Discussion
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
Portofino Bay Hotel - Dining
Full Service Restaurants
- Mama Della's - DIS RECOMMENDED - We consider Mama Della's to be one of the best Italian restaurants in Orlando. The food here is outstanding, and there's plenty of it (this restaurant serves VERY large portions). Friendly and relaxed service, coupled with a cozy atmosphere make this restaurant hard to beat for a great night out. Good for kids and adults alike. We recommend you try to get a table on the piazza at night, and enjoy your dinner while enjoying the "Musica della Notte" performance that takes place each evening around 8pm. Very romantic! Open from 5pm for dinner only. Reservations are suggested and can be made through the hotel or through your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation planning specialist.
(Read our Full Review)
- Bice - (pronounced bee-chay) an upscale (and expensive) Italian trattoria located just above the piazza at the Portofino Bay Hotel. Meals here are usually 4 courses, with appetizer and pasta courses between $17 - $25. Main courses run between $26-44. Desserts from $8-12. Recommended dishes include Grilled VEal Chop, Loin of Lamb, and Roasted Beef Tenderloin. This restaurant also boasts an extensive wine list (also $$$). Reservations can be made online at www.biceorlando.com
- Trattoria del Porto - New Tuscan Steak Menu featuring surf and turf, create your own pasta and specialty desserts. See menu here.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast buffet is $17 for adults, $8 for children. A la carte menu for breakfast is between $10 - $14. Lunch entrees run between $10-$14 Dinner buffet is $29.95 for adults / $12.95 for kids. A la carte menu for dinner runs between $17-$31. Character dinner on Fri and Sat from 6:30-9:30pm.
- Character Meal at Trattoria del Porto
Visit with Universal Orlando characters during your meal.
Friday nights, 6:30-9:30pm. Call 407-503-DINE for more information.
Quick Service dining
- Sal's Italian Market Deli - excellent wood-fired pizza's (everything made on premises). Arguably the best pizza in town. Also offers a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, a selection of Italian delicacies as well as wine & beer for sale.
- Gelateria - very nice Italian bakery is a good option for breakfast if you want something quick. It's not unusual to find guests enjoying their morning coffee and pastries on the piazza while reading their newspapers - there are worse ways to start your day :) Open from 6am-11am and from 4pm-10pm.
- Splendido Pizzeria - Located just off the Beach pool - offers pizza, burgers, hot dogs, etc. If you're looking for pizza though, we suggest taking the walk over to Sal's Deli and getting one of those pizza's to go -they are infinitely better. Open from 11am - 5pm.
- The Thirsty Fish - **DIS RECOMMENDED** evening - piazza - nice glass of wine - (REALLY) great live entertainment (especially if you're there to catch Nino and Heather) - 'nuff said. Open from 6pm - 2am during the week, from noon-2am on Saturday, noon to midnight on Sunday (hours change based on the season).
- Bar American - located in the lobby, this is a stylish and elegant bar that also serves a limited hors d'oeuvres menu. Open 4pm-midnight.
See AllDIS UNIVERSAL UPDATES
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
See All UNIVERSAL DISCUSSIONS