Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
| 5601 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Check In time: 4:00 p.m.
Check Out time: 11:00 a.m.
Price Range: $269 - $2500 (rack rate)
DIS Rating: 3 1/2 out of 4 stars
Portofino Bay Hotel - Overview
Themed around the Mediterranean village of the same name, the Portofino Bay Hotel is a charming and romantic destination - even if you never step foot in a theme park. From the Mandara Spa to the pillow top beds, no detail here escapes a sense of quality and elegance.
Some of the best dining in Orlando can also be found at Portofino Bay, especially at Mama Della's - a family style Italian eatery that, in our opinion, serves up the best authentic Italian food in Orlando.
As the flagship hotel of the Universal Orlando resort, the Portofino Bay Hotel is arguably the best hotel in Orlando. Staying here, you'll feel as if you've stepped into a quaint Italian village. The sun filled lobby has beautiful tile work and a spacious, comfortable seating area. Step into the hallway and suddenly its nightime with strings of overhead lights illuminating the colorful walkway.
No detail was overlooked in replicating this centuries old resort town. There are lovely piazzas found throughout Portofino Bay. The feature pool appears to be cut into the mountainside with cascading waterfalls. As the sun sets, you can stroll along the waterside piazza and listen to opera singers from the balconies above. If you wish, you can try your hand at a friendly round of bocce ball on the meticulously manicured grounds.
This is a resort that you'll want to explore and linger at. There's no need to close your eyes and pretend you're in Italy; at the Portofino Bay Hotel you're already there.
As with the other two hotels that Universal offers (Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific), the Portofino Bay Hotel benefits from the partnership between Loews (the hotel's managing company), and Universal. The level of quality and service that Loews is known for is evident in every area of this resort.
As part of Universal Orlando, on-site guests receive special perks - not the least of which is UniversalExpress access which allows resort guests to by-pass the regular lines at the most popular attractions.
The Portofino Bay Hotel features 3 pools, 3 full service restaurants, 2 quick service eateries, 2 lounges, a full service spa and unique entertainment.
Hotel reservation policies
A deposit equal to one nights room plus tax is required at the time of booking. Taxes are 12.5% (6.5% FL sales tax, 6% Orange County resort tax). Cancellations made more than 5 days in advance of arrival do not incur a penalty. Cancellations made less than 5 days before arrival are charged the equivalent of one nights room plus tax. If you're brining a pet with you, a one time charge of $25 is charged at check in. You will also need to bring a vaccination certificate from a veterinarian dated no more than 10 days from your date of arrival.
- Blog - Holidays at Universal Orlando 2013
- Information on Universal's new Quick Service Dining Plan - Universal offers a couple of dining plan options that allow you to pre-pay for some meals at select dining locations at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery opens at Universal CityWalk - Guests can choose from a menu of 10 different oven-baked pizzas at this new quick-service restaurant.
- Special preview rate for Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal - The family suites will start at just $134 per night for a three-night stay and only $104 per night for a seven-night stay! This is a 47% savings off the regular prices.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update – Looking to the Future
- John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS to perform at Velvet Unplugged - John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS will be putting on this live acoustic performance in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.