Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
| 5601 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Check In time: 4:00 p.m.
Check Out time: 11:00 a.m.
Price Range: $269 - $2500 (rack rate)
DIS Rating: 3 1/2 out of 4 stars
Portofino Bay Hotel - Overview
Themed around the Mediterranean village of the same name, the Portofino Bay Hotel is a charming and romantic destination - even if you never step foot in a theme park. From the Mandara Spa to the pillow top beds, no detail here escapes a sense of quality and elegance.
Some of the best dining in Orlando can also be found at Portofino Bay, especially at Mama Della's - a family style Italian eatery that, in our opinion, serves up the best authentic Italian food in Orlando.
As the flagship hotel of the Universal Orlando resort, the Portofino Bay Hotel is arguably the best hotel in Orlando. Staying here, you'll feel as if you've stepped into a quaint Italian village. The sun filled lobby has beautiful tile work and a spacious, comfortable seating area. Step into the hallway and suddenly its nightime with strings of overhead lights illuminating the colorful walkway.
No detail was overlooked in replicating this centuries old resort town. There are lovely piazzas found throughout Portofino Bay. The feature pool appears to be cut into the mountainside with cascading waterfalls. As the sun sets, you can stroll along the waterside piazza and listen to opera singers from the balconies above. If you wish, you can try your hand at a friendly round of bocce ball on the meticulously manicured grounds.
This is a resort that you'll want to explore and linger at. There's no need to close your eyes and pretend you're in Italy; at the Portofino Bay Hotel you're already there.
As with the other two hotels that Universal offers (Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific), the Portofino Bay Hotel benefits from the partnership between Loews (the hotel's managing company), and Universal. The level of quality and service that Loews is known for is evident in every area of this resort.
As part of Universal Orlando, on-site guests receive special perks - not the least of which is UniversalExpress access which allows resort guests to by-pass the regular lines at the most popular attractions.
The Portofino Bay Hotel features 3 pools, 3 full service restaurants, 2 quick service eateries, 2 lounges, a full service spa and unique entertainment.
Hotel reservation policies
A deposit equal to one nights room plus tax is required at the time of booking. Taxes are 12.5% (6.5% FL sales tax, 6% Orange County resort tax). Cancellations made more than 5 days in advance of arrival do not incur a penalty. Cancellations made less than 5 days before arrival are charged the equivalent of one nights room plus tax. If you're brining a pet with you, a one time charge of $25 is charged at check in. You will also need to bring a vaccination certificate from a veterinarian dated no more than 10 days from your date of arrival.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Universal Orlando plans for Celebration of Harry Potter - This three-day event will celebrate everything Harry Potter.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Dracula Haunted House planned for Halloween Horror Nights - The haunted house "will be an origin story with gothic scenes showing Vlad the Impaler's transition into Dracula."
- Halloween Horror Nights plans Aliens vs. Predators haunted house - This year is the 10th anniversary of the Aliens vs. Predator film and the 35th anniversary of the Alien film.
- Eve 6 to perform at August Velvet Sessions - The concert will be held Thursday, August 28 in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Hard Rock Hotel to host wine riffs event - A five-course dinner from the hotel's chefs is paired with wines and music.
- "The Purge: Anarchy" to be Halloween Horror Nights Street Experience - Set in the future, the government allows 12 hours every year where all crime is legal, in an effort to keep crime rates below one percent the rest of the year. Citizens must try to survive the night.