Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
| 5601 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Check In time: 4:00 p.m.
Check Out time: 11:00 a.m.
Price Range: $269 - $2500 (rack rate)
DIS Rating: 3 1/2 out of 4 stars
Portofino Bay Hotel - Overview
Themed around the Mediterranean village of the same name, the Portofino Bay Hotel is a charming and romantic destination - even if you never step foot in a theme park. From the Mandara Spa to the pillow top beds, no detail here escapes a sense of quality and elegance.
Some of the best dining in Orlando can also be found at Portofino Bay, especially at Mama Della's - a family style Italian eatery that, in our opinion, serves up the best authentic Italian food in Orlando.
As the flagship hotel of the Universal Orlando resort, the Portofino Bay Hotel is arguably the best hotel in Orlando. Staying here, you'll feel as if you've stepped into a quaint Italian village. The sun filled lobby has beautiful tile work and a spacious, comfortable seating area. Step into the hallway and suddenly its nightime with strings of overhead lights illuminating the colorful walkway.
No detail was overlooked in replicating this centuries old resort town. There are lovely piazzas found throughout Portofino Bay. The feature pool appears to be cut into the mountainside with cascading waterfalls. As the sun sets, you can stroll along the waterside piazza and listen to opera singers from the balconies above. If you wish, you can try your hand at a friendly round of bocce ball on the meticulously manicured grounds.
This is a resort that you'll want to explore and linger at. There's no need to close your eyes and pretend you're in Italy; at the Portofino Bay Hotel you're already there.
As with the other two hotels that Universal offers (Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific), the Portofino Bay Hotel benefits from the partnership between Loews (the hotel's managing company), and Universal. The level of quality and service that Loews is known for is evident in every area of this resort.
As part of Universal Orlando, on-site guests receive special perks - not the least of which is UniversalExpress access which allows resort guests to by-pass the regular lines at the most popular attractions.
The Portofino Bay Hotel features 3 pools, 3 full service restaurants, 2 quick service eateries, 2 lounges, a full service spa and unique entertainment.
Hotel reservation policies
A deposit equal to one nights room plus tax is required at the time of booking. Taxes are 12.5% (6.5% FL sales tax, 6% Orange County resort tax). Cancellations made more than 5 days in advance of arrival do not incur a penalty. Cancellations made less than 5 days before arrival are charged the equivalent of one nights room plus tax. If you're brining a pet with you, a one time charge of $25 is charged at check in. You will also need to bring a vaccination certificate from a veterinarian dated no more than 10 days from your date of arrival.
- Syfy's "Face Off" comes to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando - Syfy's Face Off comes to life at Halloween Horror Nights as a terrifying new street experience with characters created by some of Hollywood's most talented Special effects makeup artists!
- "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series" theme for haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights - The drama from the El Ray Network had a 10-episode season last year and is based on a 1996 film with the same name.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - This four-course beer dinner will feature select Oskar Blues Brewery craft beers paired with specially prepared entrees and dessert.
- Blog - Like This at Walt Disney World? Try That at Universal Orlando.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley opens today! - New experiences include a thrilling attraction inside Gringotts Bank, dining at The Leaky Cauldron and the Hogwarts Express - an attraction requiring a two-park pass that will transport guests back and forth between the two Wizarding Worlds.
- Bread Box sandwich shop now open at Universal CityWalk - This retro restaurant serves a variety of made-to-order sandwiches, including an entire menu of varieties of grilled cheese!
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame now open at Universal CityWalk - Serving iconic hot dogs from some of the nation's most famous ballparks in Chicago, Boston, New York and L.A.
- Blog - Ride Technology and Storytelling Advance at Universal Creative
- Lou Gramm of Foreigner to perform at Velvet Sessions - After cancelling his January appearance due to illness, Lou Gramm is back to perform at Velvet Sessions.
- VIDEO: Hogwarts Express Complete Experience including Platform 9 ¾ and more! - Enter through King's Cross Station, cross through to Platform 9 ¾ and take a ride on the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade train station or after leaving Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, journey back to London and Diagon Alley.
- VIDEO: Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Queue and Dragon - While walking through the queue for Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, guests will encounter goblins in the bank lobby, meet up with Bill Weasley in his office and take an elevator ride deep down into the mines to board a cart to take them to their vaults.
- VIDEO: Diagon Alley Overview including Knockturn Alley, Leaky Cauldron and more! - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida is the new expansion to the extremely popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter which opened up in Islands of Adventure in 2010.
- Photo gallery of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley - The Diagon Alley expansion opens to the public July 8.
- VIDEO: Diagon Alley Red Carpet Opening with Harry Potter Film Stars - Stars of the Harry Potter film series came to Universal Orlando to celebrate the opening of Diagon Alley with a red carpet entrance and a special opening ceremony.
- Live Blog - Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley preview at Universal Orlando - This blog will be updated daily during the media event for the soon-to-open Diagon Alley expansion at Universal Studios.
- Diagon Alley to open July 8 at Universal Studios - The date was announced at a media preview event.