Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
Portofino Bay Hotel - Recreation
Pools - Among Portofino Bay's many unique offerings are it's three pools -the Beach pool, the Villa pool, and the Hillside Pool (aka the quiet pool).
The Beach pool is best suited for families, as it is larger than the other two pools and features a decent size children's pool and play area (not to mention the slide!). The Villa pool is a bit more tranquil and feature 16 cabanas ($100 per day, $125 with television and VCR). There are three beach-themed cabanas at the Beach pool ($125 per day, $150 with TV an VCR).
A variety of poolside activities at the Beach pool, including ping pong, arts and crafts and games are scheduled throughout the day. Each Saturday at dusk, the hotel features a "dive-in" movie on a large poolside screen. Of course, you could always try your hand at Bocce Ball on the court just outside the Villa pool.
Spa / Fitness Center - Portofino Bay is home to the Mandara Spa, which offers a variety of services ranging from several types of massages (including a 4 hands massage), skin care treatments, and body treatments. This is a large, upscale spa and in our opinion is on par with other premium day spas in the area, and while it's very nice, and the service is good, we don't consider it exceptional.
The prices for the spa are on the high side (not unusual for Spas using Elemis/LaTherapie products). On the low end, a standard 50 minute massage is $120, with the four-hands massage costing $230 for 50 minutes. Facials are extremely expensive by most standards, ranging in price from $110 - $200 for a 50 to 60 minute treatments. As is the trend with many day spas now, the Mandara Spa also offers a 'teen treatment' menu for kids age 13-17. Services range from a 25 minute massage ($75) to a 'surfers scrub' ($70 for 25 minutes). The spa also offers full salon and make up services.
The fitness center is also located at the Mandara Spa. By most hotel standards, this fitness center is large, and well equipped. Fitness center access is $12 per day, $30 for 3 days, and $40 for 5 days. The fitness center is free to club level guests. The spa is open from 7am - 10pm daily, the fitness center from 6am to 10pm daily.
Children's Services - Campo Portofino is the supervised children's activity area for kids ages 4-14. The cost is $12 p/hr per child, and an additional charge of $12 per meal. The camp is open from 5pm - 11:30pm Sun-Thu, and until 12 midnight on Fri and Sat. Reservations are required and can be made through your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist, or by calling the hotel directly at 407-503-1200.
Golf - For golfers, Portofino Bay guests are provided with special rates and tee times at several area golf courses including the Metro West Golf Club, Mystic Dunes Golf Club and Orange County National Golf Center. Complimentary transportation to the above venues is provided by the hotel.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.