Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
Portofino Bay Hotel - Recreation
Pools - Among Portofino Bay's many unique offerings are it's three pools -the Beach pool, the Villa pool, and the Hillside Pool (aka the quiet pool).
The Beach pool is best suited for families, as it is larger than the other two pools and features a decent size children's pool and play area (not to mention the slide!). The Villa pool is a bit more tranquil and feature 16 cabanas ($100 per day, $125 with television and VCR). There are three beach-themed cabanas at the Beach pool ($125 per day, $150 with TV an VCR).
A variety of poolside activities at the Beach pool, including ping pong, arts and crafts and games are scheduled throughout the day. Each Saturday at dusk, the hotel features a "dive-in" movie on a large poolside screen. Of course, you could always try your hand at Bocce Ball on the court just outside the Villa pool.
Spa / Fitness Center - Portofino Bay is home to the Mandara Spa, which offers a variety of services ranging from several types of massages (including a 4 hands massage), skin care treatments, and body treatments. This is a large, upscale spa and in our opinion is on par with other premium day spas in the area, and while it's very nice, and the service is good, we don't consider it exceptional.
The prices for the spa are on the high side (not unusual for Spas using Elemis/LaTherapie products). On the low end, a standard 50 minute massage is $120, with the four-hands massage costing $230 for 50 minutes. Facials are extremely expensive by most standards, ranging in price from $110 - $200 for a 50 to 60 minute treatments. As is the trend with many day spas now, the Mandara Spa also offers a 'teen treatment' menu for kids age 13-17. Services range from a 25 minute massage ($75) to a 'surfers scrub' ($70 for 25 minutes). The spa also offers full salon and make up services.
The fitness center is also located at the Mandara Spa. By most hotel standards, this fitness center is large, and well equipped. Fitness center access is $12 per day, $30 for 3 days, and $40 for 5 days. The fitness center is free to club level guests. The spa is open from 7am - 10pm daily, the fitness center from 6am to 10pm daily.
Children's Services - Campo Portofino is the supervised children's activity area for kids ages 4-14. The cost is $12 p/hr per child, and an additional charge of $12 per meal. The camp is open from 5pm - 11:30pm Sun-Thu, and until 12 midnight on Fri and Sat. Reservations are required and can be made through your Dreams Unlimited Travel vacation specialist, or by calling the hotel directly at 407-503-1200.
Golf - For golfers, Portofino Bay guests are provided with special rates and tee times at several area golf courses including the Metro West Golf Club, Mystic Dunes Golf Club and Orange County National Golf Center. Complimentary transportation to the above venues is provided by the hotel.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.