Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
Portofino Main | Rooms | Amenities | Recreation | Dining
Portofino Bay Hotel - Rooms
Rooms at the Portofino Bay are the largest, and most well-appointed rooms of the three Universal Orlando resorts. All rooms (standard rooms) feature 2 queen beds or 1 king bed, large bathroom with Italian marble vanity, 3 telephones (including 1 cordless phone, and 1 bathroom phone), Bloom personal care products, cotton bathrobes, goose-down duvet covers, elegant window treatments and hand crafted Italian furniture made specifically for the Portofino Bay.
Room types are divided between 'standard' and 'premium'. Standard rooms include the garden view and bay view rooms (460 sq. ft.). Premium rooms are slightly larger (490 sq. ft), and have a separate tub and shower in the bathroom. This resort also offers KidSuites (650 sq. ft) which feature a king bed and separate room with either two twin beds or bunk beds for the kids. The kids rooms are themed and have a small table with chairs, as well as a television.
The Portofino Bay features several categories of suites, for those who demand the best. The Portofino Suite ($519 - $679 p/n, 750 sq. ft) is a 1 bedroom suite with an adjoining parlor and seating area. Villa Suites ($814 - $1059 p/n, 1150 sq. ft) feature a slightly larger bedroom, and substantially larger adjoining parlor. The Governatore Suite ($1700 - $2300 p/n, 2100 sq. ft.) would be considered the 'vice presidential' suite in most hotels and features a separate dining area, walk-in closets, whirlpool tub and wet bar, as well as a mini-kitchen. The top of the line suite at the Portofino is known as the Presidente Suite ($1900 - $2500 p/n, 2700 sq. ft). This palatial suite features a fireplace, large master bedroom, outdoor patio, mini-kitchen, whirlpool tub, and wet bar with refrigerator. Additional rooms can be added to make this up to a 4 bedroom suite.
Discounts - Annual passholder and Florida Resident discounts are routinely available on standard, premium rooms and club level rooms, and on occasion, KidSuites. There are never any discounts on the premium suites. While not common, it is not unheard of for guests to get upgraded to one of the better suites at check in. Premium annual passholders are more likely to secure these upgrades, as it is part of the 'perk' package that comes with the pass (these are always based on availability - we recommend that you not expect to get the upgrade). For a list of current discounts and special offers at Universal resorts, CLICK HERE
Club Level Rooms
Club level rooms are the same as premium rooms, but offer access to the Portofino's outstanding club lounge (located just off the main lobby). The 3500 sq. ft. club lounge offers continental breakfast each morning (7-10am), hot and cold hors d'oeuvres (complimentary beer and wine) from 5-7pm, and dessert service from 9pm-10pm. The lounge is open from 7am-10pm, and coffee, bottled water and soft drinks are complimentary and available all day.
The cost of a room on the club floor is anywhere from $100 - $120 more per night. This is rarely a 'deal', and you shouldn't consider club level if you're looking to save money. Instead, the extra cost is justified through the convenience the lounge offers. Although we must admit that service in the club lounge is outstanding, and the offerings during the day are a cut above most of the other concierge lounges we've experienced. The evening hors d'oeuvres service is excellent, and the continental breakfast is usually enough for most people to skip a trip to a restaurant.
Maximum occupancy in rooms with 2 queen beds is 5 people (fifth person requires a rollaway bed at $25 per day). King rooms accommodate up to 3 people (third person requires rollaway bed). Additional charges may apply for more than 2 adults per room. All rooms at this hotel include flat panel TVs, bookshelf entertainment centers, honor bar (with really expensive candy bars), hair dryer and ironing board.
The hotel's 750 guest rooms and suites include:
- Entertainment center with CD Player
- Cotton robes for use during your stay (you'll be charged if you take these home with you)
- Free wireless internet
- DVD Players (club rooms only)
- In room safe
- 3 telephones (including 1 cordless phone and 1 bathroom phone)
- Coffee maker and coffee
- Iron and Ironing board
- Hair dryer and makeup mirror
- Daily newspaper
- Bath and body products by Bloom
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.