Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster
LIGHTS . . . CAMERA . . . COASTER!
This Roller Coaster Features a Total Immersion Entertainment and Puts Guests In The Director’s Seat
This radically innovative attraction includes first-ever maneuvers, cutting-edge technology, songs that span across five genres of music and a personalized take-home music video available for purchase.
The coaster features three first-ever maneuvers: the Double Take, the world’s largest non-inverted loop; the Treble Clef, where guests burst through a building façade on track shaped like the music symbol; and the Jump Cut, a spiraling, negative-gravity move.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit uses ground-breaking technology to deliver a completely different experience. Riders use a personal touchpad mounted on the ride vehicles to make their music selection. They choose their favorite genre – Classic Rock/Metal, Rap/Hip-Hop, Club/Electronica, Pop/Disco or Country – and then pick a song. Each seat is outfitted with individual stereo speakers so guests can rock out to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders.
Their song is the soundtrack to their ride and to a music video guests can purchase that uses on- and off-board cameras to capture each rider’s experience. The video mixes ride footage, music and special effects and is available as soon as riders get off the roller coaster. Guests can purchase their video in DVD and email-able formats to share with family and friends at Rockit’s designated kiosks or from home by visiting myuniversalphotos.com.
“Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is where adrenaline, music and technology meet – no two experiences will be the same,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Creative for Universal Parks & Resorts. “This roller coaster is a game-changing addition to the remarkable attractions here at Universal Orlando Resort.”
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit’s song list features the latest and the legendary of the music world including the Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, Kanye West, Evanescence, N.E.R.D., Montgomery Gentry and Donna Summer.
Here is how it all comes together:
Guests begin their adventure when they slide into the bucket seat of the specially designed X-CAR. The X-CAR’s wheelbase is short enough to allow for the tight, intricate maneuvers that only Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will deliver. The vehicle features stadium-style seating so that everyone has an unobstructed view. And there is no over-head/pull-down restraint system. Instead, a revolutionary lap bar allows for unprecedented freedom of movement.
Guest Interface Panel
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the country’s only coaster where guests can choose the soundtrack to their ride from songs representing five different genres of music. They will use a personal touchpad – or guest interface panel – mounted on the lap bar to make their selection. The panel is designed for ease of use and visibility. It is military-grade durable and waterproof. And it uses wireless servers to upload each rider’s music pick.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster Audio
Each seat is outfitted with Polk Audio marine-grade stereo speakers that can push out 165 watts. Guests will rock to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders. This sound system - typically installed on wakeboard boats – gives riders an entirely new way to experience music.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Cameras and Video
There are 14 cameras that will capture the guest experience: six on-board each ride vehicle and eight along the track. They are designed to provide production-quality footage under intense conditions. Used on high-speed trains, the digital cameras will perform at ultra-high data capture rates for up to 14 hours a day – all at variable Gs and high-speeds.
A series of lasers will trigger timing devices and computers to ensure that the rider’s music and video are in sync. After the ride, each guest video is downloaded wirelessly from the ride vehicle to a viewing kiosk in 25 seconds. Guests will be able to purchase a specially edited take-home version of their experience and share it with their family and friends.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Lighting
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the only coaster in the world with daytime LED color-changing lights. Each ride vehicle has 36 different lights that will be programmed to change color and to either be steady, strobe, twinkle, race or pulse. That means the coaster will be an ever-changing light show for those on the ground.
Rip Ride Rockit Ride System
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit features the country’s only operating moving roller coaster load platform – meaning it uses a people-mover-style conveyer belt to get people to their vehicles so that riders and vehicles never come to a complete stop. This allows vehicles to leave the station every 23 seconds.
Power gets to each vehicle’s cameras and computers via on-board capacitors that get freshly charged each time the vehicle passes through the load station – similar to how an electric subway train is powered. And finally – the brains of the system is a network of self-checking computers called Programmable Logic Controllers which constantly check the entire system and synchronize wirelessly.
- NBCUniversal acquires DreamWorks Animation - Universal has acquired DreamWorks Animation, which has an equity value of $3.8 billion.
- 2016 Halloween Horror Nights 26 House Information - Two classic horror films are being represented as houses!
- The Exorcist will be terrifying guests at HHN 2016 - The Exorcist will be featured at the event on both coasts in two VERY different experiences.
- VIDEO: Ryno's Favorite Merchandise Locations | Universal Studios - Ryno takes a stroll through some of his favorite merchandise locations at Universal Studios. Check out where he went for his window shopping day!
- 4 Tips for keeping track of your family at Universal Orlando - Regardless of when you head to the parks, they will be packed with people.
- 2016 First quarter injury report for Orlando theme parks - Walt Disney World reported seven injuries, Universal Orlando reported two, and SeaWorld reported none.
- VIDEO: Ryno Dines at Hot Dog Hall of Fame | Citywalk - Weiner for one! Ryno dines solo at Hot Dog Hall of Fame located at Universal Citywalk. Was he sad about it? Absolutely not! Watch as he shoves a hot dog down his gullet and shares his thoughts on this food establishment.
- VIDEO: A Few of Ryno's Favorite Things | Universal Studios - Ryno ventures off on his own to Universal Studios to experience some of his favorite things. Spoiler Alert: a lot of his favorites things are food...Check out what he got up to with his day!
- VIDEO: JL has a "Me Party" at Thunder Falls Terrace | Islands of Adventure - JL decides to eat at Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure. Tune in to see what she thought of her meal!
- Walk in Harry Potter's Footsteps