Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster
LIGHTS . . . CAMERA . . . COASTER!
This Roller Coaster Features a Total Immersion Entertainment and Puts Guests In The Director’s Seat
This radically innovative attraction includes first-ever maneuvers, cutting-edge technology, songs that span across five genres of music and a personalized take-home music video available for purchase.
The coaster features three first-ever maneuvers: the Double Take, the world’s largest non-inverted loop; the Treble Clef, where guests burst through a building façade on track shaped like the music symbol; and the Jump Cut, a spiraling, negative-gravity move.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit uses ground-breaking technology to deliver a completely different experience. Riders use a personal touchpad mounted on the ride vehicles to make their music selection. They choose their favorite genre – Classic Rock/Metal, Rap/Hip-Hop, Club/Electronica, Pop/Disco or Country – and then pick a song. Each seat is outfitted with individual stereo speakers so guests can rock out to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders.
Their song is the soundtrack to their ride and to a music video guests can purchase that uses on- and off-board cameras to capture each rider’s experience. The video mixes ride footage, music and special effects and is available as soon as riders get off the roller coaster. Guests can purchase their video in DVD and email-able formats to share with family and friends at Rockit’s designated kiosks or from home by visiting myuniversalphotos.com.
“Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is where adrenaline, music and technology meet – no two experiences will be the same,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Creative for Universal Parks & Resorts. “This roller coaster is a game-changing addition to the remarkable attractions here at Universal Orlando Resort.”
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit’s song list features the latest and the legendary of the music world including the Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, Kanye West, Evanescence, N.E.R.D., Montgomery Gentry and Donna Summer.
Here is how it all comes together:
Guests begin their adventure when they slide into the bucket seat of the specially designed X-CAR. The X-CAR’s wheelbase is short enough to allow for the tight, intricate maneuvers that only Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will deliver. The vehicle features stadium-style seating so that everyone has an unobstructed view. And there is no over-head/pull-down restraint system. Instead, a revolutionary lap bar allows for unprecedented freedom of movement.
Guest Interface Panel
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the country’s only coaster where guests can choose the soundtrack to their ride from songs representing five different genres of music. They will use a personal touchpad – or guest interface panel – mounted on the lap bar to make their selection. The panel is designed for ease of use and visibility. It is military-grade durable and waterproof. And it uses wireless servers to upload each rider’s music pick.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster Audio
Each seat is outfitted with Polk Audio marine-grade stereo speakers that can push out 165 watts. Guests will rock to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders. This sound system - typically installed on wakeboard boats – gives riders an entirely new way to experience music.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Cameras and Video
There are 14 cameras that will capture the guest experience: six on-board each ride vehicle and eight along the track. They are designed to provide production-quality footage under intense conditions. Used on high-speed trains, the digital cameras will perform at ultra-high data capture rates for up to 14 hours a day – all at variable Gs and high-speeds.
A series of lasers will trigger timing devices and computers to ensure that the rider’s music and video are in sync. After the ride, each guest video is downloaded wirelessly from the ride vehicle to a viewing kiosk in 25 seconds. Guests will be able to purchase a specially edited take-home version of their experience and share it with their family and friends.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Lighting
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the only coaster in the world with daytime LED color-changing lights. Each ride vehicle has 36 different lights that will be programmed to change color and to either be steady, strobe, twinkle, race or pulse. That means the coaster will be an ever-changing light show for those on the ground.
Rip Ride Rockit Ride System
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit features the country’s only operating moving roller coaster load platform – meaning it uses a people-mover-style conveyer belt to get people to their vehicles so that riders and vehicles never come to a complete stop. This allows vehicles to leave the station every 23 seconds.
Power gets to each vehicle’s cameras and computers via on-board capacitors that get freshly charged each time the vehicle passes through the load station – similar to how an electric subway train is powered. And finally – the brains of the system is a network of self-checking computers called Programmable Logic Controllers which constantly check the entire system and synchronize wirelessly.
- VIDEO: Walking Tour of Loews Sapphire Falls Resort | Universal Orlando - Take a walking tour around Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal Orlando's 5th Loews Hotel on property!
- VIDEO: Tapas, Drinks, and Desserts at Strong Water Tavern | Sapphire Falls Resort - Join Pete, Craig, Ryno and Oliver as they sample almost all of the tapas and ALL of the desserts at Strong Water Tavern at the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando!
- VIDEO: Dining at Jake's American Bar | Royal Pacific Resort - Pete, Craig, Ryno, and Oliver dine out at Jake's American Bar located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
- VIDEO: Skull Island: Reign of Kong Queue & Ride Highlights | Islands of Adventure - Skull Island: Reign of Kong brings King Kong back to Universal Orlando after being away for many years.
- Take a look inside the rooms at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Check out a standard queen room, Sapphire Suite and kids suite at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- VIDEO: Dining at the Wantilan Luau | Royal Pacific Resort - The luau features live music, hula and fire dancers, and an all-you-can-eat buffet that includes pit-roasted suckling pig!
- VIDEO: Skull Island: Reign of Kong Grand Opening
- Kubo and the Two Strings characters appearing at Universal Studios Florida - Kubo, Beetle, and Monkey from the upcoming film Kubo and the Two Strings will be appearing throughout the day at the Character Party Zone in the Hollywood section of Universal Studios Florida.
- Two men arrested at Universal Orlando using fake credit cards - The duo was caught with 17 counterfeit cards on July 5, and were charged with possessing personal identification of other people and misrepresenting themselves.
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong is now officially open! - Kong is a multi-sensory experience on a moving motion simulator of sorts that blends immersive live action environments, with impressive 3D and out-of-this-world animatronics.
- Top 5 Planning Threads on DISboards.com for June 2016 - June was quite the busy month over on DISboards.com! Here's a look at the top 5 vacation planning threads.
- Orlando has several winners in the Theme Park Insider Awards
- VIDEO: Lunch at Springfield U.S.A. | Universal Studios - Oliver and Ryno head over to Springfield U.S.A. for lunch. Will they be saying 'D'oh!' or 'Excellent' by the end of the meal? Watch and find out!
- Possible name for new Universal Orlando hotel?
- The Secret Life of Pets taking over Universal Orlando - Universal is working on an attraction based on the new film.
- Universal Orlando planning new hotel?
- VIDEO: Dinner at Three Broomsticks | Islands of Adventure - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver chow down on the vaguely authentic British-style pub, Three Broomsticks, that is ranked among the best quick service locations in all of Universal Studios Orlando Resort.