Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster
LIGHTS . . . CAMERA . . . COASTER!
This Roller Coaster Features a Total Immersion Entertainment and Puts Guests In The Director’s Seat
This radically innovative attraction includes first-ever maneuvers, cutting-edge technology, songs that span across five genres of music and a personalized take-home music video available for purchase.
The coaster features three first-ever maneuvers: the Double Take, the world’s largest non-inverted loop; the Treble Clef, where guests burst through a building façade on track shaped like the music symbol; and the Jump Cut, a spiraling, negative-gravity move.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit uses ground-breaking technology to deliver a completely different experience. Riders use a personal touchpad mounted on the ride vehicles to make their music selection. They choose their favorite genre – Classic Rock/Metal, Rap/Hip-Hop, Club/Electronica, Pop/Disco or Country – and then pick a song. Each seat is outfitted with individual stereo speakers so guests can rock out to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders.
Their song is the soundtrack to their ride and to a music video guests can purchase that uses on- and off-board cameras to capture each rider’s experience. The video mixes ride footage, music and special effects and is available as soon as riders get off the roller coaster. Guests can purchase their video in DVD and email-able formats to share with family and friends at Rockit’s designated kiosks or from home by visiting myuniversalphotos.com.
“Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is where adrenaline, music and technology meet – no two experiences will be the same,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Creative for Universal Parks & Resorts. “This roller coaster is a game-changing addition to the remarkable attractions here at Universal Orlando Resort.”
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit’s song list features the latest and the legendary of the music world including the Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, Kanye West, Evanescence, N.E.R.D., Montgomery Gentry and Donna Summer.
Here is how it all comes together:
Guests begin their adventure when they slide into the bucket seat of the specially designed X-CAR. The X-CAR’s wheelbase is short enough to allow for the tight, intricate maneuvers that only Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will deliver. The vehicle features stadium-style seating so that everyone has an unobstructed view. And there is no over-head/pull-down restraint system. Instead, a revolutionary lap bar allows for unprecedented freedom of movement.
Guest Interface Panel
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the country’s only coaster where guests can choose the soundtrack to their ride from songs representing five different genres of music. They will use a personal touchpad – or guest interface panel – mounted on the lap bar to make their selection. The panel is designed for ease of use and visibility. It is military-grade durable and waterproof. And it uses wireless servers to upload each rider’s music pick.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster Audio
Each seat is outfitted with Polk Audio marine-grade stereo speakers that can push out 165 watts. Guests will rock to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders. This sound system - typically installed on wakeboard boats – gives riders an entirely new way to experience music.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Cameras and Video
There are 14 cameras that will capture the guest experience: six on-board each ride vehicle and eight along the track. They are designed to provide production-quality footage under intense conditions. Used on high-speed trains, the digital cameras will perform at ultra-high data capture rates for up to 14 hours a day – all at variable Gs and high-speeds.
A series of lasers will trigger timing devices and computers to ensure that the rider’s music and video are in sync. After the ride, each guest video is downloaded wirelessly from the ride vehicle to a viewing kiosk in 25 seconds. Guests will be able to purchase a specially edited take-home version of their experience and share it with their family and friends.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Lighting
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the only coaster in the world with daytime LED color-changing lights. Each ride vehicle has 36 different lights that will be programmed to change color and to either be steady, strobe, twinkle, race or pulse. That means the coaster will be an ever-changing light show for those on the ground.
Rip Ride Rockit Ride System
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit features the country’s only operating moving roller coaster load platform – meaning it uses a people-mover-style conveyer belt to get people to their vehicles so that riders and vehicles never come to a complete stop. This allows vehicles to leave the station every 23 seconds.
Power gets to each vehicle’s cameras and computers via on-board capacitors that get freshly charged each time the vehicle passes through the load station – similar to how an electric subway train is powered. And finally – the brains of the system is a network of self-checking computers called Programmable Logic Controllers which constantly check the entire system and synchronize wirelessly.
- Universal follows Disney and raises ticket prices - An adult one-day ticket is now $102; a one-day child ticket is $97.
- Kong is OFFICIALLY coming back to Orlando - This news was mentioned by CFO Michael Angelakis during the 2014 fourth quarter earnings call.
- Universal's ban on bottled water is lifted - No details were discussed as to the original intention of the ban.
- "Sharknado 3" now filming at Universal Studios Florida - Production will last through the 24th.
- Universal Orlando visitors not allowed to bring bottled water into the parks - A company spokesman said this is not a permanent change, but didn't say how long it would last.
- VIDEO: Universal Mardi Gras 2015 - Universal Mardi Gras is an annual event at Universal Studios Florida that brings the fun of New Orleans Mardi Gras to Orlando!
- A Celebration of Harry Potter brings more Potter to Universal - A Celebration of Harry Potter returned in 2015 pleasing fans who didn't attend last year's event.
- A Celebration of Harry Potter 2015 Highlights - Take a look at the highlights of A Celebration of Harry Potter 2015 at Universal Orlando!
- VIDEO: Islands of Adventure Overview - Islands of Adventure opened next door to Universal Studios Florida in 1999, giving guests the chance to explore their way through popular literature as opposed to the movies and television shows at Universal Studios.
- The Best and Worst Packaged Sweets in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter offers a large number of treats to satisfy the sweet tooth of any Wizard or Muggle. Which are the best?
- Olivia Newton-John kicks off Universal's Mardi Gras concerts this weekend - Mardi Gras concerts take place on the Universal Music Plaza Stage right after the Mardi Gras parade.
- Vacation with Purpose at Universal Orlando and Give Kids the World Village - Book a Give Kids the World vacation package and help volunteer and donate to Give Kids the World while vacationing at Universal.
- Shoplifters arrested at Universal Orlando after assaulting officers - Both suspects have were released on bail.
- VIDEO: Universal Studios Florida Overview - Universal Studios Florida has been taking guests behind the scenes and straight into some of the greatest movies and TV shows since opening in 1990.
- VIDEO: The Cowfish Overview - The Cowfish is the first Sushi – Burger Bar and now it is at Universal Orlando.