Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster
LIGHTS . . . CAMERA . . . COASTER!
This Roller Coaster Features a Total Immersion Entertainment and Puts Guests In The Director’s Seat
This radically innovative attraction includes first-ever maneuvers, cutting-edge technology, songs that span across five genres of music and a personalized take-home music video available for purchase.
The coaster features three first-ever maneuvers: the Double Take, the world’s largest non-inverted loop; the Treble Clef, where guests burst through a building façade on track shaped like the music symbol; and the Jump Cut, a spiraling, negative-gravity move.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit uses ground-breaking technology to deliver a completely different experience. Riders use a personal touchpad mounted on the ride vehicles to make their music selection. They choose their favorite genre – Classic Rock/Metal, Rap/Hip-Hop, Club/Electronica, Pop/Disco or Country – and then pick a song. Each seat is outfitted with individual stereo speakers so guests can rock out to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders.
Their song is the soundtrack to their ride and to a music video guests can purchase that uses on- and off-board cameras to capture each rider’s experience. The video mixes ride footage, music and special effects and is available as soon as riders get off the roller coaster. Guests can purchase their video in DVD and email-able formats to share with family and friends at Rockit’s designated kiosks or from home by visiting myuniversalphotos.com.
“Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is where adrenaline, music and technology meet – no two experiences will be the same,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Creative for Universal Parks & Resorts. “This roller coaster is a game-changing addition to the remarkable attractions here at Universal Orlando Resort.”
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit’s song list features the latest and the legendary of the music world including the Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, Kanye West, Evanescence, N.E.R.D., Montgomery Gentry and Donna Summer.
Here is how it all comes together:
Guests begin their adventure when they slide into the bucket seat of the specially designed X-CAR. The X-CAR’s wheelbase is short enough to allow for the tight, intricate maneuvers that only Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will deliver. The vehicle features stadium-style seating so that everyone has an unobstructed view. And there is no over-head/pull-down restraint system. Instead, a revolutionary lap bar allows for unprecedented freedom of movement.
Guest Interface Panel
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the country’s only coaster where guests can choose the soundtrack to their ride from songs representing five different genres of music. They will use a personal touchpad – or guest interface panel – mounted on the lap bar to make their selection. The panel is designed for ease of use and visibility. It is military-grade durable and waterproof. And it uses wireless servers to upload each rider’s music pick.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster Audio
Each seat is outfitted with Polk Audio marine-grade stereo speakers that can push out 165 watts. Guests will rock to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders. This sound system - typically installed on wakeboard boats – gives riders an entirely new way to experience music.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Cameras and Video
There are 14 cameras that will capture the guest experience: six on-board each ride vehicle and eight along the track. They are designed to provide production-quality footage under intense conditions. Used on high-speed trains, the digital cameras will perform at ultra-high data capture rates for up to 14 hours a day – all at variable Gs and high-speeds.
A series of lasers will trigger timing devices and computers to ensure that the rider’s music and video are in sync. After the ride, each guest video is downloaded wirelessly from the ride vehicle to a viewing kiosk in 25 seconds. Guests will be able to purchase a specially edited take-home version of their experience and share it with their family and friends.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Lighting
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the only coaster in the world with daytime LED color-changing lights. Each ride vehicle has 36 different lights that will be programmed to change color and to either be steady, strobe, twinkle, race or pulse. That means the coaster will be an ever-changing light show for those on the ground.
Rip Ride Rockit Ride System
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit features the country’s only operating moving roller coaster load platform – meaning it uses a people-mover-style conveyer belt to get people to their vehicles so that riders and vehicles never come to a complete stop. This allows vehicles to leave the station every 23 seconds.
Power gets to each vehicle’s cameras and computers via on-board capacitors that get freshly charged each time the vehicle passes through the load station – similar to how an electric subway train is powered. And finally – the brains of the system is a network of self-checking computers called Programmable Logic Controllers which constantly check the entire system and synchronize wirelessly.
- VIDEO: New Dining Vlog at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | CityWalk - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver attend the first preview night of Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, the newest dining addition to Universal Citywalk Orlando.
- VIDEO: Lard Lad, Laughs and Lots of Fun | Universal Studios Florida - Join Oliver, Ryno, Craig and Kylie as they play at Universal Studios Florida.
- Should Universal be concerned about the Toothsome $40 million lawsuit?
- A Celebration of Harry Potter returns for 2017 - The Potter-centric event will be back January 27-29, 2017.
- Universal is developing a new video game ride
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is a sweet addition to CityWalk
- VIDEO: Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen | Universal Orlando CityWalk - The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen will transport you into a 19th century-inspired Steampunk chocolate factory.
- VIDEO: Halloween Horror Nights 08/22/16 Construction Update | Universal Studios Florida - Construction for Halloween Horror Nights 26 at Universal Studios Florida is starting to come along and props are making their way into New York for the "Survive or Die" scare zone and San Francisco for the "Dead Man's Wharf" scare zone.
- VIDEO: Kubo and the Antics of Craig & Kylie | Universal Studios Florida - Join Craig and Kylie as they meet Kubo, Monkey and Beetle from the upcoming Laika animated feature, Kubo and the Two Strings. They also do a bunch of other random stuff around The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley and Springfield at Universal Studios Florida!
- VIDEO: Kubo and the Two Strings Character Appearances | Universal Studios Florida - Check out all of the awesome ways you can see and meet Kubo, Monkey and Beetle from the Laika film "Kubo and the Two Strings".
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster is Stan Lee approved
- American Horror Story coming to HHN is a great thing for the event
- A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAGIC: Tales of a Disney Fan on a Universal Vacation | Chapter 2: Universal Express Pass vs. Disney’s FastPass+
- VIDEO: The Incredible Hulk Re-opens with Marvel Super Heroes! | Islands of Adventure - Check out the grand re-opening celebration of The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure with a special ceremony featuring Spider-man, Captain America and more!
- Universal releases original HHN 26 houses and scare zones
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster now re-opened - The Incredible Hulk Coaster is finally open again after nearly one year of being down for new enhancements.
- VIDEO: Inside the Queue of The Incredible Hulk Coaster | Islands of Adventure - Check out the queue of the newly enhanced Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure!
- VIDEO: New Incredible Hulk Coaster Soft Opening | Islands of Adventure - Check out the newly reopened Incredible Hulk Coaster in action!
- VIDEO: Having Dinner at Islands Dining Room | Royal Pacific Resort - Join Craig, Oliver, and Ryno as they try their hardest to enjoy the character dining at Islands Dining Room located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
- VIDEO: Craig and Ryno Share a Kong Dog | Mess Tent | Islands of Adventure - Craig and Ryno taste the massive Kong Dog from the Mess Tent, the new quick service food location located just outside of Skull Island: Reign of Kong inside Universal's Islands of Adventure. You know you want to watch this!
- A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAGIC: Tales of a Disney Fan on a Universal Vacation | Chapter 1: Booking and Logistics
- VIDEO: Taking a Tour of our Rooms | Sapphire Falls Resort - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver take you on a tour of the different rooms they stayed in while at Universal Orlando's newest resort, Loews Sapphire Falls. The three rooms include the Sapphire Suite, the double queen room, and a children's suite. Watch and see what they thought of the rooms.
- VIDEO: Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Overview | Universal Orlando Resort - Take a detailed look at Universal Orlando's newest hotel - Loews Sapphire Falls Resort!
- VIDEO: Lunch at Drhum Club Kantine | Sapphire Falls - Join Craig, Ryno, and Oliver for lunch by the pool. The three dine at Drhum Club Kantine located at Loews Sapphire Falls, the newest resort at Universal Orlando Resort.
- 5 Things to Do While Waiting at Universal Orlando Resort