Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster
LIGHTS . . . CAMERA . . . COASTER!
This Roller Coaster Features a Total Immersion Entertainment and Puts Guests In The Director’s Seat
This radically innovative attraction includes first-ever maneuvers, cutting-edge technology, songs that span across five genres of music and a personalized take-home music video available for purchase.
The coaster features three first-ever maneuvers: the Double Take, the world’s largest non-inverted loop; the Treble Clef, where guests burst through a building façade on track shaped like the music symbol; and the Jump Cut, a spiraling, negative-gravity move.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit uses ground-breaking technology to deliver a completely different experience. Riders use a personal touchpad mounted on the ride vehicles to make their music selection. They choose their favorite genre – Classic Rock/Metal, Rap/Hip-Hop, Club/Electronica, Pop/Disco or Country – and then pick a song. Each seat is outfitted with individual stereo speakers so guests can rock out to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders.
Their song is the soundtrack to their ride and to a music video guests can purchase that uses on- and off-board cameras to capture each rider’s experience. The video mixes ride footage, music and special effects and is available as soon as riders get off the roller coaster. Guests can purchase their video in DVD and email-able formats to share with family and friends at Rockit’s designated kiosks or from home by visiting myuniversalphotos.com.
“Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is where adrenaline, music and technology meet – no two experiences will be the same,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Creative for Universal Parks & Resorts. “This roller coaster is a game-changing addition to the remarkable attractions here at Universal Orlando Resort.”
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit’s song list features the latest and the legendary of the music world including the Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, Kanye West, Evanescence, N.E.R.D., Montgomery Gentry and Donna Summer.
Here is how it all comes together:
Guests begin their adventure when they slide into the bucket seat of the specially designed X-CAR. The X-CAR’s wheelbase is short enough to allow for the tight, intricate maneuvers that only Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will deliver. The vehicle features stadium-style seating so that everyone has an unobstructed view. And there is no over-head/pull-down restraint system. Instead, a revolutionary lap bar allows for unprecedented freedom of movement.
Guest Interface Panel
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the country’s only coaster where guests can choose the soundtrack to their ride from songs representing five different genres of music. They will use a personal touchpad – or guest interface panel – mounted on the lap bar to make their selection. The panel is designed for ease of use and visibility. It is military-grade durable and waterproof. And it uses wireless servers to upload each rider’s music pick.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster Audio
Each seat is outfitted with Polk Audio marine-grade stereo speakers that can push out 165 watts. Guests will rock to 90 decibels of music – and yet never hear the songs playing for other riders. This sound system - typically installed on wakeboard boats – gives riders an entirely new way to experience music.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Cameras and Video
There are 14 cameras that will capture the guest experience: six on-board each ride vehicle and eight along the track. They are designed to provide production-quality footage under intense conditions. Used on high-speed trains, the digital cameras will perform at ultra-high data capture rates for up to 14 hours a day – all at variable Gs and high-speeds.
A series of lasers will trigger timing devices and computers to ensure that the rider’s music and video are in sync. After the ride, each guest video is downloaded wirelessly from the ride vehicle to a viewing kiosk in 25 seconds. Guests will be able to purchase a specially edited take-home version of their experience and share it with their family and friends.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Lighting
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is the only coaster in the world with daytime LED color-changing lights. Each ride vehicle has 36 different lights that will be programmed to change color and to either be steady, strobe, twinkle, race or pulse. That means the coaster will be an ever-changing light show for those on the ground.
Rip Ride Rockit Ride System
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit features the country’s only operating moving roller coaster load platform – meaning it uses a people-mover-style conveyer belt to get people to their vehicles so that riders and vehicles never come to a complete stop. This allows vehicles to leave the station every 23 seconds.
Power gets to each vehicle’s cameras and computers via on-board capacitors that get freshly charged each time the vehicle passes through the load station – similar to how an electric subway train is powered. And finally – the brains of the system is a network of self-checking computers called Programmable Logic Controllers which constantly check the entire system and synchronize wirelessly.
- Increase in Theme-Park Revenue for Universal Parks and Resorts - The Comcast Corporation reported on Thursday that their "attendance increased year-over-year" in the first quarter in the theme parks and resorts division of the company.
- VIDEO: Disney VS Universal: Peanut Butter Burger Challenge - It's Walt Disney World versus Universal Studios Orlando in this food item showdown. In this video, it's ESPN Club's PB & J burger up against The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar's "The cowfish has left the building!" burger.
- Construction Update for Volcano Bay - Photos - Here is a quick construction update for Universal's Volcano Bay water theme park!
- Disney Quarterly Report: Guest Collapses on Big Thunder Mountain, Dies in Hospital - A 54-year-old man with a pre-existing condition passed away in the hospital after collapsing on the Magic Kingdom attraction Big Thunder Mountain, says Disney's quarterly report.
- Christmas Is Coming to The Wizarding World for the First Time at Universal Orlando - Universal has some big plans for this year's holiday festivities, but perhaps the biggest of all involve a popular property whose books prominently feature yuletide celebrations: Christmas is coming to Harry Potter.
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon is Now Officially Open! - Jimmy Fallon is now officially part of the Universal Orlando family with the grand opening of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon!
- VIDEO: Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon Grand Opening | Universal Studios Florida - Jimmy Fallon and his family along with The Roots, Steve Higgins, Gary, and Hashtag the Panda rode along the red carpet of Universal Studios Florida to officially open Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, bringing Jimmy and The Tonight Show family into the Universal Orlando Resort family!
- The Best & Worst Volcano Bay Food & Drinks - During a recent media event, we got a sneak peek at the Volcano Bay food and beverage lineup of island favorites and theme park fare.
- Jimmy Fallon Gets and Gives a Tour of Race Through New York - Jimmy Fallon was given a tour of his new ride by Mark Woodbury and then he gave a tour to Blake Shelton with hilarious results.
- VIDEO: Jimmy Buffett Performs at Margaritaville Grand Opening | Universal CityWalk Hollywood - Margaritaville at Universal CityWalk Hollywood is now officially open and Jimmy Buffett himself was there to play some songs including the song that inspired it all - Margaritaville!
- Universal Orlando Will Offer Easter Brunch at On-Site Hotels - Four of the on-site hotels at Universal Orlando will be offering special dining on Easter.
- VIDEO: Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon Queue | Universal Studios Florida - Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon is the newest attraction to come to Universal Studios Florida and the queue is an experience you'll never forget.
- Volcano Bay 1-Day Ticket Prices, Annual Pass Options, Express and More Released - 1-Day Ticket Prices for Volcano Bay are now available along with new 3-Park Annual Passes, and a variety of other options and add-ons.
- American Horror Story Returns to Halloween Horror Nights 27 - The house this year will be based on Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke!
- First Look at Volcano Bay's Food - Sushi, seafood, specialty burgers, pizza, and more will make up the island themed menus at Volcano Bay's four restaurants.
- Universal's New Patents Could Be The Future - Two patents have been found that could showcase what is in store for Universal.
- Universal Planning 4,000 Hotel Rooms on Wet ‘n Wild Property - The 4,000 rooms would help towards Universal's goal of 10,000 hotel rooms.
- DIS 20th Anniversary Epcot Party Official Info - A Night Full of Dining, Dancing, and Discovery! - Tonight you'll experience Epcot® in 3D, a progressive night full of Dining, Dancing, and Discovery!
- Hogwarts Castle Projection Show Coming to Universal Studios Japan - The show will debut in April and run through November!