Universal Studios Florida Attractions
San Francisco / Amity Attractions
Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride Starring...YOU!
Disaster Studios is holding a casting call for its latest feature film 'Mutha Nature.' Starring in the role of the heroic Park Ranger is Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Seven guests will be chosen to portray the villains for the production which is directed by Christopher Walken's character 'Frank Kincaid.'
The seven 'villain volunteers' are taken to the next room where their terrible traits are described. From here, it's onto the very familiar underground subway setting of the original 'Earthquake' attraction which was originally housed here. The train stops, the ground shakes, flames erupt, a tanker truck breaks through and the mayhem ends with a rush of floodwaters.
Guests next view a 90 second movie clip featuring themselves in the midst of this disaster flick. The film ends with The Rock's line 'It ain't nice to mess with Mutha Nature.'
Jaws - closed January 2, 2012
Based on the book, this attraction starts off taking you on a boat ride through Amity. Before long, it's apparent a shark is loose in the water.
Eventually, your boat is attacked by a great white which emerges from the water and attacks either side of the boat. Keep this in mind if you are visiting with children and are not sure how they will react. If this is the case, keep them away from the outside of the boat, as the shark comes RIGHT UP to you. Also, depending on where you are seated, you may get wet, so keep cameras, etc protected.
DIS Discussions about Jaws
Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue
This was our least favorite stage show. It's not that the performers weren't talented, we just found the show boring. Also, the role of "Beetlejuice" is so closely associated with Michael Keaton's performance in the film, that this just reminded you that you were watching the theme park version of the character.
In addition to Beetlejuice, the show features the Wolfman, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula and Phantom of the Opera, performing covers of classic rock songs. This is an outdoor amphitheater in full sun, and on hot days, should be avoided. Other than that, it is a good excuse to sit down and relax after walking through the parks. This show's greatest claim to fame is that 'NSync star Joey Fatone once played the role of Wolfman.
Fear Factor Live - Show has reopened with daily shows at 1 pm, 2:30 pm, 5 pm and 6:30 pm
Similar to the NBC-TV show, you will watch contestants compete in several physically demanding stunts and unpleasant challenges. Before the show begins, the producer will select several children from the audience to help with the challenges. Don’t worry, they won’t be forced to drink anything gross. They are used for things like shooting the contestants with large water guns during the challenge.
The six selected participants are introduced to the audience and are then put through a variety of physically demanding challenges, until one contestant remains. There is also a part in the show where a few audience members will get a chance to experience drinking a pretty disgusting concoction. Keep in mind that you must be pre-selected before the show to participate in any of the challenges. Just see an attraction host for instructions on how to sign up to participate. This is another excellent live show at Universal and can be enjoyed by all members of the family (provided they're not too squeamish).
- Blog - Holidays at Universal Orlando 2013
- Information on Universal's new Quick Service Dining Plan - Universal offers a couple of dining plan options that allow you to pre-pay for some meals at select dining locations at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery opens at Universal CityWalk - Guests can choose from a menu of 10 different oven-baked pizzas at this new quick-service restaurant.
- Special preview rate for Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal - The family suites will start at just $134 per night for a three-night stay and only $104 per night for a seven-night stay! This is a 47% savings off the regular prices.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update – Looking to the Future
- John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS to perform at Velvet Unplugged - John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS will be putting on this live acoustic performance in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.