Universal Studios Florida Attractions
What was once San Francisco and Amity is now sadly only San Francisco as JAWS has been long removed for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. However, what the remnants of San Francisco are nothing to dismiss. Disaster! still houses the classic underground subway ending to the original Earthquake attraction, Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue has been updated to become Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Mash-Up and Lombard’s Seafood Grille serves up some of the finest food in Universal Studios Florida.
Beetlejuice’s Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue entertained guests since 1992, but in 2014 it underwent its third update and transformed into Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Mash-Up. The new version of the show still mixes classic songs with modern hits, but this time around there are some new characters joining Beetlejuice like Cleopatra and the Phantom of the Opera’s daughter, Phantasia. Also along for the show are the classic Universal Monster characters Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, Wolfman and Dracula. The show gets its new name from the mash-ups in the new show including “Doctor Feelgood/Welcome to the Jungle”, “What I Like About You/You Really Got Me”, “Smooth Criminal/Sweet Dreams” and “Ballroom Blitz/Let’s Go Crazy”.
Universal Studios Florida puts guests in their favorite films, but at Disaster! you actually have the chance to be a part of a Disaster Studios film. Director Frank Kincaid (played by Christopher Walken) is casting roles for his latest picture Mutha Nature starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as the hero park ranger. Seven lucky guests are chosen to portray the villains in the film as the film crew and Frank Kincaid instruct the new actors through their scenes. Everyone gets a chance to be an extra during the climactic finale in a San Francisco subway.
Lunch and Dinner
Situated in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf, Lombard’s is the most exquisite dining experience inside Universal Studios Florida. If you’re looking for fresh seafood then look no further. The flagship restaurant has been open just as long as the park has, but age hasn’t affected the menu in any way. There is a wide variety of options on the menu, but expect to see classics such as New England clam chowder, shrimp, fish and fries, seafood pasta and more. To make your meal even more memorable, make a dinner reservation for the Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience. For $44.99, you can have your dinner and an exclusive viewing area for the popular nighttime show.
Richter’s Burger Co.
Lunch and Dinner
Burger is in the name and that is exactly what you should expect to find at Richter’s. The menu includes a variety of burgers which you can top yourself at the fixin’s bar, but if you’re looking for something a bit lighter then maybe choose a chicken sandwich or grilled chicken salad.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.