Universal Studios Florida Attractions
San Francisco Attractions
Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride Starring...YOU!
Disaster Studios is holding a casting call for its latest feature film 'Mutha Nature.' Starring in the role of the heroic Park Ranger is Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Seven guests will be chosen to portray the villains for the production which is directed by Christopher Walken's character 'Frank Kincaid.'
The seven 'villain volunteers' are taken to the next room where their terrible traits are described. From here, it's onto the very familiar underground subway setting of the original 'Earthquake' attraction which was originally housed here. The train stops, the ground shakes, flames erupt, a tanker truck breaks through and the mayhem ends with a rush of floodwaters.
Guests next view a 90 second movie clip featuring themselves in the midst of this disaster flick. The film ends with The Rock's line 'It ain't nice to mess with Mutha Nature.'
This brand-new show has replaced "Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue."
This new high-energy show is said to be "the party of the year at Frankenstein's castle." Classic rock songs are re-energized and performed by the monsters. It has a new storyline, pyrotechnics, rock-n'-roll music mash-ups and a new set. Two new monsters join Beetlejuice: Phantasia, a DJ relative of The Phantom of the Opera and Cleo, related to The Mummy. Some of Universal's other monsters will be returning from the previous show.
This is an outdoor amphitheater in full sun, and on hot days, should be avoided. Other than that, it is a good excuse to sit down and relax after walking through the parks.
Fear Factor Live - Daily shows at 1 pm, 2:30 pm, 5 pm and 6:30 pm
Similar to the NBC-TV show, you will watch contestants compete in several physically demanding stunts and unpleasant challenges. Before the show begins, the producer will select several children from the audience to help with the challenges. Don’t worry, they won’t be forced to drink anything gross. They are used for things like shooting the contestants with large water guns during the challenge.
The six selected participants are introduced to the audience and are then put through a variety of physically demanding challenges, until one contestant remains. There is also a part in the show where a few audience members will get a chance to experience drinking a pretty disgusting concoction. Keep in mind that you must be pre-selected before the show to participate in any of the challenges. Just see an attraction host for instructions on how to sign up to participate. This is another excellent live show at Universal and can be enjoyed by all members of the family (provided they're not too squeamish).
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort to feature Jack LaLanne Fitness Center - Going along with the retro feeling of the hotel, the fitness center will be filled with photos of LaLanne, as well as trophies, artifacts and even a statue of him.
- The Psychedelic Furs to perform at March Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel on Thursday, March 27.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Carl Dixon of The Guess Who will perform at Velvet Unplugged - This live acoustic performance will take place in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Jake's partners with Bell's Brewery for this dinner in March.