Universal Studios Florida Attractions
What was once San Francisco and Amity is now sadly only San Francisco as JAWS has been long removed for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. However, what the remnants of San Francisco are nothing to dismiss. Disaster! still houses the classic underground subway ending to the original Earthquake attraction, Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue has been updated to become Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Mash-Up and Lombard’s Seafood Grille serves up some of the finest food in Universal Studios Florida.
Beetlejuice’s Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue entertained guests since 1992, but in 2014 it underwent its third update and was transformed into Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Mash-Up. This version of the show still mixes classic songs with modern hits, but this time around there are some new characters joining Beetlejuice like Cleopatra and the Phantom of the Opera’s daughter, Phantasia. Also along for the show are the classic Universal Monster characters Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, Wolfman and Dracula. The show gets its new name from the mash-ups in the new show including “Doctor Feelgood/Welcome to the Jungle”, “What I Like About You/You Really Got Me”, “Smooth Criminal/Sweet Dreams” and “Ballroom Blitz/Let’s Go Crazy”.
Universal Studios Florida puts guests in their favorite films, but at Disaster! you actually have the chance to be a part of a Disaster Studios film. Director Frank Kincaid (played by Christopher Walken) is casting roles for his latest picture Mutha Nature starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as the hero park ranger. Seven lucky guests are chosen to portray the villains in the film as the film crew and Frank Kincaid instruct the new actors through their scenes. Everyone gets a chance to be an extra during the climactic finale in a San Francisco subway.
Lunch and Dinner
Situated in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf, Lombard’s is the most exquisite dining experience inside Universal Studios Florida. If you’re looking for fresh seafood then look no further. The flagship restaurant has been open just as long as the park has, but age hasn’t affected the menu in any way. There is a wide variety of options on the menu, but expect to see classics such as New England clam chowder, shrimp, fish and fries, seafood pasta and more. To make your meal even more memorable, make a dinner reservation for the Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience. For $44.99, you can have your dinner and an exclusive viewing area for the popular nighttime show.
Richter’s Burger Co.
Lunch and Dinner
Burger is in the name and that is exactly what you should expect to find at Richter’s. The menu includes a variety of burgers which you can top yourself at the fixin’s bar, but if you’re looking for something a bit lighter then maybe choose a chicken sandwich or grilled chicken salad.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Universal Orlando plans for Celebration of Harry Potter - This three-day event will celebrate everything Harry Potter.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Dracula Haunted House planned for Halloween Horror Nights - The haunted house "will be an origin story with gothic scenes showing Vlad the Impaler's transition into Dracula."
- Halloween Horror Nights plans Aliens vs. Predators haunted house - This year is the 10th anniversary of the Aliens vs. Predator film and the 35th anniversary of the Alien film.
- Eve 6 to perform at August Velvet Sessions - The concert will be held Thursday, August 28 in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Hard Rock Hotel to host wine riffs event - A five-course dinner from the hotel's chefs is paired with wines and music.
- "The Purge: Anarchy" to be Halloween Horror Nights Street Experience - Set in the future, the government allows 12 hours every year where all crime is legal, in an effort to keep crime rates below one percent the rest of the year. Citizens must try to survive the night.