Universal's Cinematic Spectacular:
100 Years of Movie Memories
Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories presents some of the world's best and most popular films in an innovative, high-tech symphony of imagery, light, sound and special effects. The show highlights some of the most fun, dramatic, awe-inspiring moments from nearly 200 films – representing approximately 300 Academy Award nominations and 100 Academy Award winners.
Narrated by Academy Award-winning actor and Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille honoree Morgan Freeman, Universal's Cinematic Spectacular celebrates Universal Pictures' most iconic films. Their most powerful moments will be shown in crystal-clear clarity on cutting-edge waterfall screens within the Universal Studios lagoon -- surrounded by colorful, dramatically synchronized fountains and pyrotechnics and all against a powerful musical score. The experience takes guests on an emotional journey through epic cinematic moments filled with heroes, horror, laughter, good vs. evil and triumph. The new show will run at 9:00 pm year-round except during annual and special events.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.!
Dustin West reports on the preview of Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories.
- Comcast to Pay $2.3 Billion for Full Control of Universal Studios Japan - Comcast will buyout the rest the remaining 49 percent stake they don't own in the Osaka park.
- Robot Hotel Attendant Being Tested at Cabana Bay - A Savioke Robot Attendant is being tested at Cabana Bay Beach Resort bringing the future to the present.
- VIDEO: The LEGO Batman Movie Review | DIS POP | 02/17/17 - In this episode of DIS POP, Ryno gives his thoughts and feelings on "The Lego Batman Movie."
- Ticket Prices Increase at Universal Orlando Resort - Park ticket prices have increased at Universal Orlando.
- Nearly 113 Million Tourists Visit Florida in 2016 Breaking the Previous Year's Record - Florida's tourism in 2016 was at an all-time high for the sixth consecutive year, surpassing 2015's record of 106.6 million visitors.
- Disney/Universal Nacho Round-Up - Where to find the best nachos on your Orlando resort vacation.
- Disney and Universal Restaurants Receive Orlando Family Golden Fork Awards - Several Disney and Universal Orlando restaurants made the list of 20 best dishes.
- Longtime Executive Mark Woodbury Appointed as Vice Chairman of Universal Parks and Resorts - A new position of Vice Chairman of Universal Parks & Resorts was created and has been filled by Mark Woodbury who has been with the company for 28 years.
- Universal Orlando and My Disney Family - Read how this Disney family enjoys the differences that Universal Orlando has to offer.
- Take a look at the TapuTapu Wearable - Universal has added the first images of their new technology for Volcano Bay to their website.
- Universal Orlando to Trademark Virtual Line - Universal Orlando is trademarking their new Virtual Line system that will be used with Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon and Volcano Bay.
- Air Travel With an Apprehensive Child - Knowing what triggers anxious or upsetting feelings in your child gives you an opportunity to help them adjust to the situation. Liz Mroz shares some tips for Air travel with an apprehensive child.
- VIDEO: Mardi Gras Parade 2017 | Universal Studios Florida - Universal Mardi Gras is back in 2017 for 50 consecutive nights of beads, food, and fun! Watch the 2017 Universal Orlando Resort Mardi Gras parade!
- VIDEO: Mardi Gras 2017 | Universal Studios Florida - Universal Mardi Gras is back in 2017 for 50 consecutive nights of beads, food, and fun!
- VIDEO: Laissez les bon temps rouler! | Mardi Gras 2017 | Universal Studios - It's the first night of Mardi Gras 2017 at Universal Studios Florida! Craig, Kylie, Ryno, Eli, Oliver, and Spencer are on hand to check out this year's activities that include a festive parade with all new floats, some cajun inspired cuisine, and more!
- Wet 'n Wild Demolition Will Cost Universal Millions - Demolition costs are expected to be around $3 million for the now closed water park.
- Passholders Can Sign Up for Bead Duty at Universal's Mardi Gras - Annual passholders at Universal Orlando can, according to the Orlando Sentinel, sign up to throw beads from parade floats during this year's Mardi Gras celebration.
- VIDEO: Secrets Behind Creature Effects with Nick Dudman & Warwick Davis | A Celebration of Harry Potter 2017 - Watch and hear some amazing behind the scenes stories from Warwick Davis and Nick Dudman, the make-up effects and creature designer for all the Harry Potter films. You'll also learn how Nick and his team brought the wizarding world to life on screen.
- VIDEO: 2017 Full Park Tour and Overview | 4K | Islands of Adventure - Take a virtual full walking tour around Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure theme park.
- Hazmat called to Universal Orlando back of house - WESH 2 is reporting that Hazmat crews were called early Friday morning in response to a chemical issue back of house at Universal Orlando.
- Volcano Bay's Grand Opening will be May 25 - Volcano Bay, Universal's third theme park, will be open to the masses on May 25.
- REVIEW: Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville at Universal CityWalk - Find out what the DIS team thought of their recent dining experience at the popular vacation destination chain.