Universal's Cinematic Spectacular:
100 Years of Movie Memories
Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories presents some of the world's best and most popular films in an innovative, high-tech symphony of imagery, light, sound and special effects. The show highlights some of the most fun, dramatic, awe-inspiring moments from nearly 200 films – representing approximately 300 Academy Award nominations and 100 Academy Award winners.
Narrated by Academy Award-winning actor and Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille honoree Morgan Freeman, Universal's Cinematic Spectacular celebrates Universal Pictures' most iconic films. Their most powerful moments will be shown in crystal-clear clarity on cutting-edge waterfall screens within the Universal Studios lagoon -- surrounded by colorful, dramatically synchronized fountains and pyrotechnics and all against a powerful musical score. The experience takes guests on an emotional journey through epic cinematic moments filled with heroes, horror, laughter, good vs. evil and triumph. The new show will run at 9:00 pm year-round except during annual and special events.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.!
Dustin West reports on the preview of Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories.
- VIDEO: Walking Tour of Loews Sapphire Falls Resort | Universal Orlando - Take a walking tour around Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal Orlando's 5th Loews Hotel on property!
- VIDEO: Tapas, Drinks, and Desserts at Strong Water Tavern | Sapphire Falls Resort - Join Pete, Craig, Ryno and Oliver as they sample almost all of the tapas and ALL of the desserts at Strong Water Tavern at the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando!
- VIDEO: Dining at Jake's American Bar | Royal Pacific Resort - Pete, Craig, Ryno, and Oliver dine out at Jake's American Bar located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
- VIDEO: Skull Island: Reign of Kong Queue & Ride Highlights | Islands of Adventure - Skull Island: Reign of Kong brings King Kong back to Universal Orlando after being away for many years.
- Take a look inside the rooms at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Check out a standard queen room, Sapphire Suite and kids suite at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- VIDEO: Dining at the Wantilan Luau | Royal Pacific Resort - The luau features live music, hula and fire dancers, and an all-you-can-eat buffet that includes pit-roasted suckling pig!
- VIDEO: Skull Island: Reign of Kong Grand Opening
- Kubo and the Two Strings characters appearing at Universal Studios Florida - Kubo, Beetle, and Monkey from the upcoming film Kubo and the Two Strings will be appearing throughout the day at the Character Party Zone in the Hollywood section of Universal Studios Florida.
- Two men arrested at Universal Orlando using fake credit cards - The duo was caught with 17 counterfeit cards on July 5, and were charged with possessing personal identification of other people and misrepresenting themselves.
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong is now officially open! - Kong is a multi-sensory experience on a moving motion simulator of sorts that blends immersive live action environments, with impressive 3D and out-of-this-world animatronics.
- Top 5 Planning Threads on DISboards.com for June 2016 - June was quite the busy month over on DISboards.com! Here's a look at the top 5 vacation planning threads.
- Orlando has several winners in the Theme Park Insider Awards
- VIDEO: Lunch at Springfield U.S.A. | Universal Studios - Oliver and Ryno head over to Springfield U.S.A. for lunch. Will they be saying 'D'oh!' or 'Excellent' by the end of the meal? Watch and find out!
- Possible name for new Universal Orlando hotel?
- The Secret Life of Pets taking over Universal Orlando - Universal is working on an attraction based on the new film.
- Universal Orlando planning new hotel?
- VIDEO: Dinner at Three Broomsticks | Islands of Adventure - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver chow down on the vaguely authentic British-style pub, Three Broomsticks, that is ranked among the best quick service locations in all of Universal Studios Orlando Resort.