Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Hollywood at Universal Studios Florida may not have the biggest and greatest attractions, but it takes guests back into the classic days of Hollywood with the buildings. Terminator 2: 3-D and Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show continue to entertain guests and Mel’s Drive In is a reminder of the Hollywood food chain that played a major role in the George Lucas film American Graffiti.
Terminator 2: 3-D mixes live action and 3-D seamlessly in this James Cameron produced attraction. Universal approached the director to do an attraction based on the film and to say that he went all out on it would be an understatement. Cameron brought back Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Eddie Furlong to reprise their roles and ended up spending more than $60 million dollars on the entire thing.
Housed inside the Pantages Theater, the Horror Make-Up Show is a demonstration to guests about the process on how make-up and design is used to produce some of the scariest and realistic horror effects we see in movies. The show has a lot of humor and a few surprises along the way including severed limbs and blood, not to mention the inevitable horror tactic of creatures popping out from nowhere, but the show primarily focuses on teaching the art of special effects. Although it is not part of the show, one of the coolest aspects of the experience is the lobby filled with props and memorabilia from some of the greatest horror films ever produced.
Lucille Ball, America's most beloved comedienne, is remembered in this nostalgic, and entertaining tribute to her life and career. Although the area is relatively small, it is jammed with personal effects, including scripts from I Love Lucy, costumes, and various other items. A large screen TV in the center of the exhibit runs clips from some of I Love Lucy's most memorable moments. There is also a series of trivia games available to play.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - More than 50 craft beers, food and live music by The I-4 Band make up this festival under the outdoor Wantilan Pavilion at the Royal Pacific Resort.
- Nascar Sports Grille at Universal CityWalk to close November 1 - No announcement has been made as to what will replace the restaurant.
- Universal Orlando offers military ticket discount - Purchase a one-day, park-to-park ticket and receive two free days added onto the ticket.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.