Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Battle Across Time
Thrill Rating: 4 (appropriate for most ages, although there are loud noises in the dark, and very young children might be frightened). Certain show times only.
Before sinking the Titanic, Oscar winning Director James Cameron was the creative muscle behind the wildly popular Terminator series. Ever the perfectionist, when he was approached by Universal to do an attraction based on the film...he went all out. At a cost of more than $60 million, he brought back Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton (the directors wife....er, ex wife I mean), and the kid who played in the original T2 movie (Eddie Furlong).
Cameron decided the attraction should use live action and 3D, a combination that is tough to mix, but that works brilliantly here. The story line is that you are visiting CyberDyne Systems on an "Open House" tour, when Linda Hamilton and Son break in to attempt to destroy CyberDyne. To give away too much of the story here would be cruel. Suffice it to say, that in my opinion, this is the one of the BEST attractions of any central Florida theme park (and that comes from a die-hard Disney fan). All of your senses are challenged in this first rate attraction. This is a NOT TO MISS Attraction!!!
DIS Discussions about Terminator 2:3D
Horror Make-Up Show
This indoor stage show shows guests some of the tricks used in films to create gory special effects. Some of the effects can get a bit intense for young kids (like severed limbs, etc). It offers a very informative look at this genre, and does so with great humor. It's an excellent show, and should not be missed. Possibility of getting wet. Check out the lobby also for some awesome movie memorable.
DIS Discussions about the Universal Horror Make-Up Show
Lucy - A Tribute
Lucille Ball, America's most beloved comedienne, is remembered in this nostalgic, and entertaining tribute to her life and career.
Although the area is relatively small, it is jammed with personal effects, including scripts from "I Love Lucy", costumes, and various other items. A large screen TV in the center of the exhibit provides clips from some of I Love Lucy's most memorable moments. There is also a series of Trivia games that you can play as well.
Most impressive to me was the area that showcases all of Lucille Ball's awards, including the Emmy's she received for her work on Television.
It's a fantastic tribute, and one that I hope they will keep!
DIS Discussions about Lucy - A Tribute
- Universal raises ticket prices - Prices have gone up for all of Universal's base and park-to-park ticketing options. This is ahead of the Transformers attraction opening in June.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- Discounted tickets to Blue Man Group available to Florida teachers - For the 5/24 - 7/7/13 performances, Florida public school teachers can purchase tickets to Blue Man Group for $34 (plus tax) for adults, and $29 (plus tax) for child's tickets.
- Little River Band and Toad the Wet Sprocket will play Velvet Sessions this summer - The last Thursday of every month, this concert is held in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Wantilan Luau to be held on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the summer - Beginning June 3, the Wantilan Luau at the Royal Pacific Resort will be held on both Tuesdays and Saturdays during the busy summer season.
- Mother's Day brunches planned at Universal Orlando resorts - The three on-site resorts at Universal Orlando are offering special Mother's Day brunches!
- Performers announced for Universal's Summer Concert Series - Beginning Saturday, June 1 and running Saturday nights through July 6, this concert series will give guests the chance to top off their day in the park with a nighttime mega-concert.
- Transformers to open June 20 at Universal Studios! - The highly anticipated Transformers attraction will open June 20 at Universal Studios!