Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Hollywood at Universal Studios Florida may not have the biggest and greatest attractions, but it takes guests back into the classic days of Hollywood with the buildings. Terminator 2: 3-D and Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show continue to entertain guests and Mel’s Drive In is a reminder of the Hollywood food chain that played a major role in the George Lucas film American Graffiti.
Terminator 2: 3-D mixes live action and 3-D seamlessly in this James Cameron produced attraction. Universal approached the director to do an attraction based on the film and to say that he went all out on it would be an understatement. Cameron brought back Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Eddie Furlong to reprise their roles and ended up spending more than $60 million dollars on the entire thing.
Housed inside the Pantages Theater, the Horror Make-Up Show is a demonstration to guests about the process on how make-up and design is used to produce some of the scariest and realistic horror effects we see in movies. The show has a lot of humor and a few surprises along the way including severed limbs and blood, not to mention the inevitable horror tactic of creatures popping out from nowhere, but the show primarily focuses on teaching the art of special effects. Although it is not part of the show, one of the coolest aspects of the experience is the lobby filled with props and memorabilia from some of the greatest horror films ever produced.
Lucille Ball, America's most beloved comedienne, is remembered in this nostalgic, and entertaining tribute to her life and career. Although the area is relatively small, it is jammed with personal effects, including scripts from I Love Lucy, costumes, and various other items. A large screen TV in the center of the exhibit runs clips from some of I Love Lucy's most memorable moments. There is also a series of trivia games available to play.
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Universal Orlando plans for Celebration of Harry Potter - This three-day event will celebrate everything Harry Potter.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!