Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Hollywood at Universal Studios Florida may not have the biggest and greatest attractions, but it takes guests back into the classic days of Hollywood with the buildings. Terminator 2: 3-D and Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show continue to entertain guests and Mel’s Drive In is a reminder of the Hollywood food chain that played a major role in the George Lucas film American Graffiti.
Terminator 2: 3-D mixes live action and 3-D seamlessly in this James Cameron produced attraction. Universal approached the director to do an attraction based on the film and to say that he went all out on it would be an understatement. Cameron brought back Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Eddie Furlong to reprise their roles and ended up spending more than $60 million dollars on the entire thing.
Housed inside the Pantages Theater, the Horror Make-Up Show is a demonstration to guests about the process on how make-up and design is used to produce some of the scariest and realistic horror effects we see in movies. The show has a lot of humor and a few surprises along the way including severed limbs and blood, not to mention the inevitable horror tactic of creatures popping out from nowhere, but the show primarily focuses on teaching the art of special effects. Although it is not part of the show, one of the coolest aspects of the experience is the lobby filled with props and memorabilia from some of the greatest horror films ever produced.
Lucille Ball, America's most beloved comedienne, is remembered in this nostalgic, and entertaining tribute to her life and career. Although the area is relatively small, it is jammed with personal effects, including scripts from I Love Lucy, costumes, and various other items. A large screen TV in the center of the exhibit runs clips from some of I Love Lucy's most memorable moments. There is also a series of trivia games available to play.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.