Universal Studios Florida Attractions
The New York section of the park takes guests back to the classic New York of the 1930s, 40s and 50s. All of the soundstages in this area are hidden by facades that you would see on the streets of New York, like Fifth Avenue and the Macy’s Store. New York is home to one of the best coasters at Universal Orlando, Revenge of the Mummy. If you’re looking for a relaxing place to grab a drink, set up shop at Finnegan’s Bar and Grill – an Irish-American pub and restaurant that serves up delicious pub fare as well. Although not everything makes sense in New York, specifically TWISTER… Ride It Out, it is one of the most detailed areas of Universal Studios Florida.
Based on the 1996 film, Twister, this attraction puts guests face-to-face with one of the most destructive forces that Mother Nature has to offer. Hosted by the stars of the film, Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt, guests are led through several walk-throughs teaching about the science and impact of tornadoes before finding out what it would be like to actually be in the path of a twister.
As you approach Revenge of the Mummy from the outside, you may buy into the story that you are just entering the set of the sequel to the film The Mummy, but inside houses one of the most unique roller coaster experiences at Universal Orlando. When the curse of the mummy takes over, guests are launched on a high-speed ride through the dark, which takes them forwards, backwards, and there is no escape whatsoever. Although the ride doesn’t last long, it makes up for its length in theming, special effects and surprises.
Although most people don’t go out of their way to catch The Blues Brothers Show, those who time it right in New York will be treated to a live musical show that really gets the crowd moving. Jake and Elwood from The Blues Brothers film cruise through Universal Studios Florida before making their way to the Delancey Street stage where they play some hits including “Everybody Needs Somebody”, “Sweet Home Chicago”, “Think”, “Respect”, “Jailhouse Rock”, “Soul Man” and more with the help of the waitress, Mabel, and her saxophone toting lesser half, Jazz. During the holiday season, The Blues Brothers Show mixes in some holiday spirit as the brothers perform Christmas songs.
- DIS Discussions about The Blues Brothers
- We add "The Blues Brothers" to our Don't Miss list for Universal Orlando.
Qualified guests passing by at the right time may be invited inside the Delancey Street Preview Center to have the chance to view and rate a brand new show that is being considered for broadcast.
Lunch and Dinner
Finnegan's is the perfect little hideaway restaurant in the New York section of Universal Studios Florida. This Irish-American establishment serves up pub fare including fish and chips, corned beef and cabbage, beef stew, salads, sandwiches and more. Inside Finnegan's is full service bar that can become overwhelmingly crowded during Happy Hour. The food at Finnegan's is moderately priced and no reservations are needed, but are accepted and recommended on busier days.
Louie's Italian Restaurant
Lunch and Dinner
Louie's is located in the Italian part of New York, but there is no chance of running into the mafia inside the restaurant. Louie's features pizza, spaghetti, fettuccini, meatball subs, salads, gelato, Italian ice and more. Louie's is usually one of the busier quick services at Universal Studios Florida due to the higher quality food selections available.
Hours: 8:30am to Park Close
If you need a little pick-me-up in the middle of your day at Universal Studios Florida, head over to Starbucks for coffee, espresso, lattes, cappuccinos and fresh pastries.
Ben and Jerry's
Hours: 11am to Park Close
Ben and Jerry's may be from Vermont originally, but when you are walking down the streets of New York, it is almost impossible to resist the smell of their freshly made waffle cones. All of the classic Ben and Jerry’'s ice cream options are available as well as sundaes, shakes and smoothies.
Located in the exit of TWISTER… Ride It Out, Aftermath has all of the Twister related merchandise that you could ever possibly want in fun, themed setting.
As you exit Revenge of the Mummy, you pass through Sahara Traders, which features some merchandise themed around the attraction, but mostly has novelty Egyptian themed goods such as statues, jewelry and more.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - More than 50 craft beers, food and live music by The I-4 Band make up this festival under the outdoor Wantilan Pavilion at the Royal Pacific Resort.
- Nascar Sports Grille at Universal CityWalk to close November 1 - No announcement has been made as to what will replace the restaurant.
- Universal Orlando offers military ticket discount - Purchase a one-day, park-to-park ticket and receive two free days added onto the ticket.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.