Universal Studios Florida Attractions
The New York section of the park takes guests back to the classic New York of the 1930s, 40s and 50s. All of the soundstages in this area are hidden by facades that you would see on the streets of New York, like Fifth Avenue and the Macy’s Store. New York is home to one of the best coasters at Universal Orlando, Revenge of the Mummy. If you’re looking for a relaxing place to grab a drink, set up shop at Finnegan’s Bar and Grill – an Irish-American pub and restaurant that serves up delicious pub fare as well. Although not everything makes sense in New York, specifically TWISTER… Ride It Out, it is one of the most detailed areas of Universal Studios Florida.
Based on the 1996 film, Twister, this attraction puts guests face-to-face with one of the most destructive forces that Mother Nature has to offer. Hosted by the stars of the film, Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt, guests are led through several walk-throughs teaching about the science and impact of tornadoes before finding out what it would be like to actually be in the path of a twister.
As you approach Revenge of the Mummy from the outside, you may buy into the story that you are just entering the set of the sequel to the film The Mummy, but inside houses one of the most unique roller coaster experiences at Universal Orlando. When the curse of the mummy takes over, guests are launched on a high-speed ride through the dark, which takes them forwards, backwards, and there is no escape whatsoever. Although the ride doesn’t last long, it makes up for its length in theming, special effects and surprises.
Although most people don’t go out of their way to catch The Blues Brothers Show, those who time it right in New York will be treated to a live musical show that really gets the crowd moving. Jake and Elwood from The Blues Brothers film cruise through Universal Studios Florida before making their way to the Delancey Street stage where they play some hits including “Everybody Needs Somebody”, “Sweet Home Chicago”, “Think”, “Respect”, “Jailhouse Rock”, “Soul Man” and more with the help of the waitress, Mabel, and her saxophone toting lesser half, Jazz. During the holiday season, The Blues Brothers Show mixes in some holiday spirit as the brothers perform Christmas songs.
- DIS Discussions about The Blues Brothers
- We add "The Blues Brothers" to our Don't Miss list for Universal Orlando.
Qualified guests passing by at the right time may be invited inside the Delancey Street Preview Center to have the chance to view and rate a brand new show that is being considered for broadcast.
Lunch and Dinner
Finnegan's is the perfect little hideaway restaurant in the New York section of Universal Studios Florida. This Irish-American establishment serves up pub fare including fish and chips, corned beef and cabbage, beef stew, salads, sandwiches and more. Inside Finnegan's is full service bar that can become overwhelmingly crowded during Happy Hour. The food at Finnegan's is moderately priced and no reservations are needed, but are accepted and recommended on busier days.
Louie's Italian Restaurant
Lunch and Dinner
Louie's is located in the Italian part of New York, but there is no chance of running into the mafia inside the restaurant. Louie's features pizza, spaghetti, fettuccini, meatball subs, salads, gelato, Italian ice and more. Louie's is usually one of the busier quick services at Universal Studios Florida due to the higher quality food selections available.
Hours: 8:30am to Park Close
If you need a little pick-me-up in the middle of your day at Universal Studios Florida, head over to Starbucks for coffee, espresso, lattes, cappuccinos and fresh pastries.
Ben and Jerry's
Hours: 11am to Park Close
Ben and Jerry's may be from Vermont originally, but when you are walking down the streets of New York, it is almost impossible to resist the smell of their freshly made waffle cones. All of the classic Ben and Jerry’'s ice cream options are available as well as sundaes, shakes and smoothies.
Located in the exit of TWISTER… Ride It Out, Aftermath has all of the Twister related merchandise that you could ever possibly want in fun, themed setting.
As you exit Revenge of the Mummy, you pass through Sahara Traders, which features some merchandise themed around the attraction, but mostly has novelty Egyptian themed goods such as statues, jewelry and more.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.