Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Production Central Atractions:
Shrek 4-D is the latest attraction to use the kind of stunning 3-D effects that made Spiderman (Islands of Adventure) such a huge hit (the fourth 'D', by the way refers to some of the off-screen effects you experience during the show).
While there are any number of 3-D type attractions around Orlando, this one stands out for its outstanding theme, creative story line and consistency with the original films (Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz and Eddie Murphy reprise their roles for this attraction).
Shrek 4D is a great example of Universal Studios at its very best. Add this to your “Don’t Miss” list Also, be sure to hit the Shrek/Donkey (err…Noble Steed) character “meet and greet” right across the street. The voice acting done by “Donkey” is outstanding.
Based on the animated hit "Despicable Me," this 3D motion simulator attraction was developed by Universal's Creative team. Infitec 3D projection systems
brings the experience to life in a way that is clearer and sharper
The storyline for the attraction is that Gru, the film's lovable super-villain, and his three adopted daughters are moving his villain headquarters to Universal Studios. In order to carry out his evil plans, he needs an army of minions, so he transforms the guests into his tiny yellow helpers and trains them to do his bidding. As you enter the queue through the front of Gru’s house you walk into the building where you watch a short pre-show. Gru explains to the humans why he needs additional minions and you will be the perfect subjects.
Once the pre-show is over and you’ve grabbed your minion goggles (3-D glasses) you are ushered into the main theater. The theater is very similar and still pretty much the same as the Jimmy Neutron’s Nicktoon Blast attraction that occupied this space before Minion Mayhem. The underlying simulator infrastructure of the theater still exists with Minion Mayhem. Most of the film takes place in Gru’s factory. The film used in Minion Mayhem was produced in the new 4K-HD technology making the graphics much more crisp and clear. It definitely enhances the ride experience.
Once the film is over you exit into a post attraction area setup like a dance party with video screens above you. One of the video monitors displays a live shot of guests as they are walking through the dance floor. Make sure to look up because one of the best parts of this attraction is when the minions start interacting with you on the video screen.
Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast closed permanently on August 18th, 2011.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort to feature Jack LaLanne Fitness Center - Going along with the retro feeling of the hotel, the fitness center will be filled with photos of LaLanne, as well as trophies, artifacts and even a statue of him.
- The Psychedelic Furs to perform at March Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel on Thursday, March 27.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Carl Dixon of The Guess Who will perform at Velvet Unplugged - This live acoustic performance will take place in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.
- Jake's American Bar sets date for next Beer Dinner - Jake's partners with Bell's Brewery for this dinner in March.