Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Universal Studios Florida's newest themed area, Springfield U.S.A., from the long-running popular TV show, The Simpsons, is now open! Guests can visit well-known locations from the show like Krusty Burger, Moe's Tavern, Duff Gardens, and a brand new attraction, Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl.
Universal and Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons" have teamed up to create this attraction that combines visual screens with moving theater seating. The Simpsons attraction is at the former site of "Back to the Future.
"While I like the Simpsons, I don’t consider myself a huge fan of the show - even still, I found the attraction very enjoyable. Overall, I give the new Simpons attractions very high marks (8 out of 10). This is a fantastic (and much needed) addition to the offerings at Universal Studios and lines for this will be LONG LONG LONG thru the summer. Remember - if you’re staying at a Universal resort, you get unlimited front of the line access on all attractions just by showing your room key. That perk alone makes at least one night at a Universal resort well worth the price. If you’re not staying on Universal property, you’re going to want to arrive VERY early (park opening) in order to experience the Simpsons without the 2 hour wait."
- Review By Peter Werner, 2008
- DIS Unplugged BLOG - Leave a Comment
- Simpsons Ride Photos
- Grand Opening Photos (05/15/08)
- DIS Discussions about The Simpsons
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl is a spinner ride that opened with the Springfield U.S.A. expansion in Summer 2013. It is a mild spinner comparable to Magic Kingdom's Dumbo or Magic Carpets of Aladdin in which the vehicles rise up and down while spinning forward. Guests control the hight of the vehicle and aim to line themselves up with characters on the side of the attraction. When successfully lined up, the characters will say things as you pass. There is a lot of humor in the attraction and while fairly basic, is fun for both adults and children. There is no height requirement but guests under 48" must be accompanied with another guest.
- Blog - Holidays at Universal Orlando 2013
- Information on Universal's new Quick Service Dining Plan - Universal offers a couple of dining plan options that allow you to pre-pay for some meals at select dining locations at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery opens at Universal CityWalk - Guests can choose from a menu of 10 different oven-baked pizzas at this new quick-service restaurant.
- Special preview rate for Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal - The family suites will start at just $134 per night for a three-night stay and only $104 per night for a seven-night stay! This is a 47% savings off the regular prices.
- Blog - Universal Orlando Update – Looking to the Future
- John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS to perform at Velvet Unplugged - John Hampson and Brian Desveaux of NINE DAYS will be putting on this live acoustic performance in the Hard Rock Hotel's lobby.