Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Universal Studios Florida's newest themed area, Springfield U.S.A., from the long-running popular TV show, The Simpsons, is now open! Guests can visit well-known locations from the show like Krusty Burger, Moe's Tavern, Duff Gardens, and a brand new attraction, Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl.
Universal and Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons" have teamed up to create this attraction that combines visual screens with moving theater seating. The Simpsons attraction is at the former site of "Back to the Future.
"While I like the Simpsons, I don’t consider myself a huge fan of the show - even still, I found the attraction very enjoyable. Overall, I give the new Simpons attractions very high marks (8 out of 10). This is a fantastic (and much needed) addition to the offerings at Universal Studios and lines for this will be LONG LONG LONG thru the summer. Remember - if you’re staying at a Universal resort, you get unlimited front of the line access on all attractions just by showing your room key. That perk alone makes at least one night at a Universal resort well worth the price. If you’re not staying on Universal property, you’re going to want to arrive VERY early (park opening) in order to experience the Simpsons without the 2 hour wait."
- Review By Peter Werner, 2008
- DIS Unplugged BLOG - Leave a Comment
- Simpsons Ride Photos
- Grand Opening Photos (05/15/08)
- DIS Discussions about The Simpsons
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl is a spinner ride that opened with the Springfield U.S.A. expansion in Summer 2013. It is a mild spinner comparable to Magic Kingdom's Dumbo or Magic Carpets of Aladdin in which the vehicles rise up and down while spinning forward. Guests control the hight of the vehicle and aim to line themselves up with characters on the side of the attraction. When successfully lined up, the characters will say things as you pass. There is a lot of humor in the attraction and while fairly basic, is fun for both adults and children. There is no height requirement but guests under 48" must be accompanied with another guest.
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.
- Event packages for A Celebration of Harry Potter now on sale - Fans of the boy wizard will love this three-day event celebrating everything Harry Potter. There will be Q&A sessions with select cast members and filmmakers, a Harry Potter Expo, and of course, the chance to visit Diagon Alley, ride the Hogwarts Express and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Universal annual passholders will get early access to Diagon Alley in September - Annual Passholders will get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley on weekday mornings in September. Access will be granted one hour before the scheduled opening time, which is either 8:00 or 9:00am. This is part of Passholder Appreciation Month.
- Bret Michaels to perform at September Velvet Sessions - September's Velvet Sessions celebrates Pinktober, Hard Rock's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.