Universal Studios Florida Attractions
World Expo is one part of Universal Studios Florida that does not make much sense in general. The World Expo name comes into play since the MIB headquarters are located in the area for MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack. However, The Simpsons Ride has been apart of this section of the park since it opened in 2008 and now the area has expanded to include Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl and Fast Food Boulevard all in the middle of Springfield U.S.A. Rounding out World Expo is Fear Factor Live, a seasonal show that still entertains despite the fact that the television show it is based on has been off the air for years.
Based on the popular film series, guests enter the World Expo pavilion building expecting to see the exhibit The Universe & You – Are We Alone?, but quickly a MIB agent takes over and welcomes the new recruits into MIB headquarters. Throughout headquarters, guests move past different sets from the films before boarding their training vehicles. However, when an alien prison ship crashes in the middle of New York City training has to wait and new recruits use their weapons to take down the dangerous aliens.
Similar to the NBC television show, Fear Factor Live takes six selected participants and puts them in front of an audience in a competition of physically demanding stunts and unpleasant challenges. The show is comprised of guest volunteers, but in some situations, audience members get a chance to experience disgusting concoctions and children can be chosen to help with some of the challenges. Casting for the show begins 70-minutes before each show and competitors must be 18 or older with a valid photo ID.
What was once Back to the Future is now The Simpsons Ride, a motion simulator that takes America’s favorite cartoon family to Krusty the Clown’s theme park to take the first ride on Krustyland’s newest attraction. Luckily, the Simpsons have chosen you to take the first ride with them, but when Sideshow Bob shows up everything goes horribly wrong. The ride utilizes the same technology that was used in Back to the Future, putting guests in front of giant domes with an 80 ft. diameter projecting high definition images.
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl is a spinner ride that opened with the Springfield U.S.A. expansion in Summer 2013. It is a mild spinner in which the vehicles rise up and down while spinning forward. Guests control the height of the vehicle and aim to line themselves up with characters on the side of the attraction. When successfully lined up, the characters will say things as you pass. There is a lot of humor in the attraction and while fairly basic, is fun for both adults and children.
- VIDEO: The Fountain of Fair Fortune at Diagon Alley - The Fountain of Fair Fortune tells the story of three witches - Asha, Altheda and Amata, as well as a muggle knight, Sir Luckless.
- VIDEO: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 24 Preview - Halloween Horror Nights begins tomorrow - check out our preview to see what's coming this year!
- One Direction in concert at Universal Orlando November 17 - The band One Direction will be performing on an episode of the TODAY show to celebrate the release of their new album, Four. The concert will take place at CityWalk and is open to the public, no admission required.
- Blog - Universal Orlando expanding again with the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Bret Michaels to perform at this month's Velvet Sessions - VIP tickets are already sold out.
- More Haunted House and Street Experience themes announced for Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights returns for 28 select nights beginning September 19.
- Save up to 30% at Universal on-site hotels - Savings are greater depending on the season and length of stay.