Universal Studios Florida Attractions
World Expo is one part of Universal Studios Florida that does not make much sense in general. The World Expo name comes into play since the MIB headquarters are located in the area for MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack. However, The Simpsons Ride has been apart of this section of the park since it opened in 2008 and now the area has expanded to include Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl and Fast Food Boulevard all in the middle of Springfield U.S.A. Rounding out World Expo is Fear Factor Live, a seasonal show that still entertains despite the fact that the television show it is based on has been off the air for years.
Based on the popular film series, guests enter the World Expo pavilion building expecting to see the exhibit The Universe & You – Are We Alone?, but quickly a MIB agent takes over and welcomes the new recruits into MIB headquarters. Throughout headquarters, guests move past different sets from the films before boarding their training vehicles. However, when an alien prison ship crashes in the middle of New York City training has to wait and new recruits use their weapons to take down the dangerous aliens.
Similar to the NBC television show, Fear Factor Live takes six selected participants and puts them in front of an audience in a competition of physically demanding stunts and unpleasant challenges. The show is comprised of guest volunteers, but in some situations, audience members get a chance to experience disgusting concoctions and children can be chosen to help with some of the challenges. Casting for the show begins 70-minutes before each show and competitors must be 18 or older with a valid photo ID.
What was once Back to the Future is now The Simpsons Ride, a motion simulator that takes America’s favorite cartoon family to Krusty the Clown’s theme park to take the first ride on Krustyland’s newest attraction. Luckily, the Simpsons have chosen you to take the first ride with them, but when Sideshow Bob shows up everything goes horribly wrong. The ride utilizes the same technology that was used in Back to the Future, putting guests in front of giant domes with an 80 ft. diameter projecting high definition images.
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl is a spinner ride that opened with the Springfield U.S.A. expansion in Summer 2013. It is a mild spinner in which the vehicles rise up and down while spinning forward. Guests control the height of the vehicle and aim to line themselves up with characters on the side of the attraction. When successfully lined up, the characters will say things as you pass. There is a lot of humor in the attraction and while fairly basic, is fun for both adults and children.
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival - Taking place in Jake's American Bar and under the Wantilan Pavilion, enjoy sampling more than 50 beers from a selection of popular breweries.
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April - This wine tasting and jazz event will capture the mood and feeling of the Mediterranean.
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts - Easter meals will be held at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific.
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV - Flight of the Hippogriff is a family-style roller coaster in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Originally, Flight of the Hippogriff was the Flying Unicorn as part of The Lost Continent, but with the change to Harry Potter came a change in the theme of the ride. Nothing was changed in terms of the track itself, but an animatronic Hippogriff and Hagrid's Hut were added to the surrounding area of the ride.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a vintage/retro throwback to hotels of the 50s and 60s and really plays to the beach vibe during the day, but the resort comes to life in a different way at night.
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is the latest Loews Hotel to open up at Universal Orlando and it is bringing a retro vibe with modern amenities.
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees - Universal raises prices after Disney raised their parking prices earlier this week.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery - Universal Orlando's newest hotel is now open!
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open! - Universals Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions - The concert will take place April 24 at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit turns you into the star of your very own music video! Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster takes guests on a thrilling ride through 3 brand new, never-before-scene maneuvers and a lift hill at a 90-degree angle all to the soundtrack that you choose!
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals - Emeril's Orlando will serve brunch and Emeril's Tchoup Chop will serve Easter dinner.
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Orlando for the 24th year.
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket! - Guests purchasing this package with accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel will receive 7 nights for the price of 5! Also included in the package is an Orlando Flex Ticket, which offers admission to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild Orlando.
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - Woody Woodpecker's KidZone is the part of Universal Studios Florida that is geared most towards children and one of the highlights in Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. Although it is a kid-sized coaster, the twisted coaster can be fun for all ages!
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV - Dragon Challenge is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Universal Orlando Resort. Dragon Challenge is based around the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.