Universal Studios Florida Attractions
World Expo is one part of Universal Studios Florida that does not make much sense in general. The World Expo name comes into play since the MIB headquarters are located in the area for MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack. However, The Simpsons Ride has been apart of this section of the park since it opened in 2008 and now the area has expanded to include Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl and Fast Food Boulevard all in the middle of Springfield U.S.A. Rounding out World Expo is Fear Factor Live, a seasonal show that still entertains despite the fact that the television show it is based on has been off the air for years.
Based on the popular film series, guests enter the World Expo pavilion building expecting to see the exhibit The Universe & You – Are We Alone?, but quickly a MIB agent takes over and welcomes the new recruits into MIB headquarters. Throughout headquarters, guests move past different sets from the films before boarding their training vehicles. However, when an alien prison ship crashes in the middle of New York City training has to wait and new recruits use their weapons to take down the dangerous aliens.
Similar to the NBC television show, Fear Factor Live takes six selected participants and puts them in front of an audience in a competition of physically demanding stunts and unpleasant challenges. The show is comprised of guest volunteers, but in some situations, audience members get a chance to experience disgusting concoctions and children can be chosen to help with some of the challenges. Casting for the show begins 70-minutes before each show and competitors must be 18 or older with a valid photo ID.
What was once Back to the Future is now The Simpsons Ride, a motion simulator that takes America’s favorite cartoon family to Krusty the Clown’s theme park to take the first ride on Krustyland’s newest attraction. Luckily, the Simpsons have chosen you to take the first ride with them, but when Sideshow Bob shows up everything goes horribly wrong. The ride utilizes the same technology that was used in Back to the Future, putting guests in front of giant domes with an 80 ft. diameter projecting high definition images.
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl is a spinner ride that opened with the Springfield U.S.A. expansion in Summer 2013. It is a mild spinner in which the vehicles rise up and down while spinning forward. Guests control the height of the vehicle and aim to line themselves up with characters on the side of the attraction. When successfully lined up, the characters will say things as you pass. There is a lot of humor in the attraction and while fairly basic, is fun for both adults and children.
- Syfy's "Face Off" comes to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando - Syfy's Face Off comes to life at Halloween Horror Nights as a terrifying new street experience with characters created by some of Hollywood's most talented Special effects makeup artists!
- "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series" theme for haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights - The drama from the El Ray Network had a 10-episode season last year and is based on a 1996 film with the same name.
- Jake's Beer Dinner coming up this Friday at Royal Pacific Resort - This four-course beer dinner will feature select Oskar Blues Brewery craft beers paired with specially prepared entrees and dessert.
- Blog - Like This at Walt Disney World? Try That at Universal Orlando.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley opens today! - New experiences include a thrilling attraction inside Gringotts Bank, dining at The Leaky Cauldron and the Hogwarts Express - an attraction requiring a two-park pass that will transport guests back and forth between the two Wizarding Worlds.
- Bread Box sandwich shop now open at Universal CityWalk - This retro restaurant serves a variety of made-to-order sandwiches, including an entire menu of varieties of grilled cheese!
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame now open at Universal CityWalk - Serving iconic hot dogs from some of the nation's most famous ballparks in Chicago, Boston, New York and L.A.
- Blog - Ride Technology and Storytelling Advance at Universal Creative
- Lou Gramm of Foreigner to perform at Velvet Sessions - After cancelling his January appearance due to illness, Lou Gramm is back to perform at Velvet Sessions.
- VIDEO: Hogwarts Express Complete Experience including Platform 9 ¾ and more! - Enter through King's Cross Station, cross through to Platform 9 ¾ and take a ride on the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade train station or after leaving Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, journey back to London and Diagon Alley.
- VIDEO: Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Queue and Dragon - While walking through the queue for Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, guests will encounter goblins in the bank lobby, meet up with Bill Weasley in his office and take an elevator ride deep down into the mines to board a cart to take them to their vaults.
- VIDEO: Diagon Alley Overview including Knockturn Alley, Leaky Cauldron and more! - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida is the new expansion to the extremely popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter which opened up in Islands of Adventure in 2010.
- Photo gallery of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley - The Diagon Alley expansion opens to the public July 8.
- VIDEO: Diagon Alley Red Carpet Opening with Harry Potter Film Stars - Stars of the Harry Potter film series came to Universal Orlando to celebrate the opening of Diagon Alley with a red carpet entrance and a special opening ceremony.
- Live Blog - Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley preview at Universal Orlando - This blog will be updated daily during the media event for the soon-to-open Diagon Alley expansion at Universal Studios.
- Diagon Alley to open July 8 at Universal Studios - The date was announced at a media preview event.