Most of us are familiar with spring rolls and egg rolls. They are typically found as an appetizer at many Asian restaurants. They are traditionally a blend of savory vegetables and chopped meat rolled in a wonton wrapper.
The Culinary Team at Disney created a deliciously sweet version of these tasty, fried treats that are sold at Pandora – The World of AVATAR.
Let us know in the comments how the recipe turns out for you!
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- Oil for frying
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Carefully separate spring roll wrappers. Cover wrappers with moist paper towel to prevent drying.
3. Cut softened cream cheese into 10 equal pieces.
4. Place one spring roll wrapper on a cutting board. Place one piece of cream cheese in the center of the spring roll and spread evenly on wrapper, leaving a 3/4-inch border around the edges. Add 3 tablespoons of diced pineapple and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
5. Roll one edge of the wrapper towards the center. Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Moisten the edge with water to seal the lumpia.
6. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
7. Place lumpia on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to 350°F. Fry lumpia for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
9. Roll in remaining sugar before serving.
Please note: “This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.”
Source: Disney Parks Blog