Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
primary source of recreation at Animal Kingdom Lodge
is its 11,000 square foot pool. Located off
the Uzima Savannah, the pool has many places to explore.
There are two-eighteen person hot tubs located
on either side of the pool. Between them is
small playground, and a small alcove that overlooks
the Flamingo area of the Uzima Savannah. Often
times at night, you will find Thompson's Gazelles
and/or Zebra in this area, drinking from the watering
The pool area is expansive, with an abundance of lounges surrounding all areas of the pool. There is also a fairly good sized pool bar as well.
The Zahanati Spa offers many different services to soothe the savage vacationing beast. Everything from skin care treatments, body treatments and massages are available. Combine those with a fitness and aerobics center and stress has no refuge in this savannah. Their skin care services panders to the entire family. Mom can have the European Aromatherapy Facial, customized for every skin type, which includes exotic aromas, and herbal treatments' that deep clean and relax every pore on your face. All the while dad discovers his personal oasis for savannah (razor) burnt skin in the Gentlemen's Facial: a facial skin treatment specifically designed for men in need of relief from the irritation that shaving "vacationers' style" produces. And why not bring the kids along for this safari? Since they've probably spent most of their vacation playing in the pool and not applying sun block their faces may be in worse shape than anyone's in the family.
My First Facial is designed to give kids 10-14 years of age the ins and outs of basic skin care, so while they may not listen to Mom and Dad about the sun block before their treatment, they may afterwards. If skin care isn't what you are in the mood for then you may want to take advantage of the body treatments. The three different treatments that they offer rely on the healing properties of materials specific to each treatment.
The Journey Rejuvenation is specifically designed for the safari weary. Let essential oils and mineral rich clays calm and nourish your psyche and physique. The Paraffin Body Masque is perfect for sun burnt or sun dried skin. The oils that are applied to you are wrapped in a paraffin envelope to replenish and hydrate your skin. One last treatment is available as a body treatment and it is all-inclusive. The Aromatherapy Massage & Body Wrap combines as essential oils massage with a warm compress body wrap to encourage your body to assimilate the oils; top it all off with a scalp massage. Finally to round out the offerings available at Zahanati Spa you have three different massage treatments to choose from. A Swedish Massage is conducted with the classic long strokes and kneading techniques to soothe aching muscles. A Sports Massage utilizes a few different techniques from trained therapists along with deep heat to penetrate and relieve deep down stress and bring relaxation to a whole new level with either a moderate or firm touch. And finally you can opt to have the Aromatherapy Massage, which combines the relaxation of a massage with the therapeutic and revitalization nature of pure essential oils.
Here is a price list of the spa options described above which will aid you on your quest to find your inner oasis:
25 minutes: $50.00
50 minutes: $80.00
50 minutes: $80.00
25 minutes: $50.00
50 minutes: $100.00
80 minutes: $125.00
Massage & Body Wrap
110 minutes: $150.00
25 minutes: $50.00 50 minutes:
$75.00 75 minutes: $115.00
25 minutes: $65.00 50 minutes:
$90.00 75 minutes: $130.00
25 minutes: $65.00
50 minutes: $90.00
75 minutes: $130.00
Fitness Center 1 Day Membership: $15.00 Individual Length of Stay: $25.00 Family Length of Stay: $45.00 1 hour Personal Training Session: $50.00
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios