Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
Disney's Boardwalk Main Page
Rooms | Dining | Recreation | Transportation | Villas | Resort Map | Photos
Disney's Boardwalk Resort Pools/Recreation
The themed main pool area here is Luna Park. Found on Disney's BoardWalk Villas side of the resort, Luna Park has a large pool, with a 200-foot water slide. This slide, the Keister Coaster, is fashioned after an old time wooden roller coaster. Two elephants shower guests as they pass by in the pool. A Jacuzzi is part of the pool area. Inner tubes and pool noodles are available to rent and lifeguards are on duty here. There are two quiet pools, one at the outer edge of Disney's BoardWalk Inn by the Rose Courtyard, and the other is on the Disney's BoardWalk Villas side by Community Hall. Adjacent to the pool area is the children's play area, Luna Park Crazy House.
For those who like to work out, Muscles and Bustles
Health Club offers free weights, Life Fitness, Stairmaster
and Cybex exercise equipment. Use of the facilities
for Disney Vacation Club members is complimentary.
Located on the first floor by the Luna Park pool,
the operating hours are from 6:30a.m. Until 7:00p.m. daily.
For those who prefer relaxation to exercise, there
is a steam room, sauna, tanning bed and massages.
Personal training and massage therapy are by appointment
If tennis is your game, two lit surfaced tennis courts, located near Disney's BoardWalk Villas, are free to resort guests. Equipment and tennis lessons areavailable for a fee. Two, four and six-seater Surrey bikes can be rented and a pedal around the picturesque promenade is great fun. The 2-seater Surrey bikes are $20/half hour, the 4-seaters $22/half hour, and the 6-seaters $24/half hour. . Community Hall rents bikes, pool accessories, movies, books, and fishing equipment from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Two hour guided fishing tours are offered every morning on Crescent Lake and Lake Hollywood but require 24-hour advance notice. The fee includes all fishing equipment, as well as complimentary snacks and beverages. Fishing equipment is also available to rent (at Community Hall) for those who just wish to fish along the side of the canal. Ping pong, croquet and jogging (a trail map is available at the Health Club) are also available. Video game enthusiasts will enjoy the Side Show Arcade located beside the health club. Here you will find a wide assortment of new and old style video and arcade games. Celebrating a birthday during a stay at Disney's BoardWalk Resort can be fun! Birthday parties are hosted in Community Hall and cake, balloons and special entertainment, candy and a swim in Luna Park pool are offered. For more information, touch 7-6301 from your in-room phone.
Back along the boardwalk promenade, entertainment is found nightly at the Atlantic Dance Hall. A variety of music is found here and from Sunday to Thursday, a DJ spins the tunes while live bands provide the entertainment on the weekends. While dinner is not served here, appetizers and special Martinis are available. (Children under 17 must be accompanied by an adult). Jelly Rolls is a dueling piano bar and provides a laugh a minute! Open to patrons 21 years of age and older, it opens at 7 p.m. and a cover charge applies. Snacks are offered here as well. Also in true boardwalk fashion, you'll find midway games, face painting, hand wax molds, caricature artists and the wacky, travelling buskers who perform various shows Thursday through Saturday from 6:30 p.m. To 10:30 p.m. The Side Show Games Arcade is located next to the Muscles and Bustles Health Club and has the latest computer and video games. Larger boats may be rented for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth cruises. A pontoon boat is available for regular or party cruises. For more information, call Disney's BoardWalk Resorts Guest Services at (407) 939-5101.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios