Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
Disney's Boardwalk Main Page
Rooms | Dining | Recreation | Transportation | Villas | Resort Map | Photos
Disney's Boardwalk Resort Pools/Recreation
The themed main pool area here is Luna Park. Found on Disney's BoardWalk Villas side of the resort, Luna Park has a large pool, with a 200-foot water slide. This slide, the Keister Coaster, is fashioned after an old time wooden roller coaster. Two elephants shower guests as they pass by in the pool. A hot tub is part of the pool area. Inner tubes and pool noodles are available to rent and lifeguards are on duty here. There are two quiet pools, one at the outer edge of Disney's BoardWalk Inn by the Rose Courtyard, and the other is on the Disney's BoardWalk Villas side by Community Hall. Adjacent to the pool area is the children's play area, Luna Park Crazy House.
For those who like to work out, Muscles and Bustles
Health Club offers free weights, Life Fitness, Stairmaster
and Cybex exercise equipment. Use of the facilities
for Disney Vacation Club members is complimentary.
Located on the first floor by the Luna Park pool,
the operating hours are from 6:30a.m. Until 7:00p.m. daily.
For those who prefer relaxation to exercise, there
is a steam room, sauna, tanning bed and massages.
Personal training and massage therapy are by appointment
If tennis is your game, two lit surfaced tennis courts, located near Disney's BoardWalk Villas, are free to resort guests. Equipment and tennis lessons areavailable for a fee. Two, four and six-seater Surrey bikes can be rented and a pedal around the picturesque promenade is great fun. The 2-seater Surrey bikes are $20/half hour, the 4-seaters $22/half hour, and the 6-seaters $24/half hour. . Community Hall rents bikes, pool accessories, movies, books, and fishing equipment from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Two hour guided fishing tours are offered every morning on Crescent Lake and Lake Hollywood but require 24-hour advance notice. The fee includes all fishing equipment, as well as complimentary snacks and beverages. Fishing equipment is also available to rent (at Community Hall) for those who just wish to fish along the side of the canal. Ping pong, croquet and jogging (a trail map is available at the Health Club) are also available. Video game enthusiasts will enjoy the Side Show Arcade located beside the health club. Here you will find a wide assortment of new and old style video and arcade games. Celebrating a birthday during a stay at Disney's BoardWalk Resort can be fun! Birthday parties are hosted in Community Hall and cake, balloons and special entertainment, candy and a swim in Luna Park pool are offered. For more information, touch 7-6301 from your in-room phone.
Back along the boardwalk promenade, entertainment is found nightly at the Atlantic Dance Hall. A variety of music is found here and from Sunday to Thursday, a DJ spins the tunes while live bands provide the entertainment on the weekends. While dinner is not served here, appetizers and special Martinis are available. (Children under 17 must be accompanied by an adult). Jelly Rolls is a dueling piano bar and provides a laugh a minute! Open to patrons 21 years of age and older, it opens at 7 p.m. and a cover charge applies. Snacks are offered here as well. Also in true boardwalk fashion, you'll find midway games, face painting, hand wax molds, caricature artists and the wacky, travelling buskers who perform various shows Thursday through Saturday from 6:30 p.m. To 10:30 p.m. The Side Show Games Arcade is located next to the Muscles and Bustles Health Club and has the latest computer and video games. Larger boats may be rented for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth cruises. A pontoon boat is available for regular or party cruises. For more information, call Disney's BoardWalk Resorts Guest Services at (407) 939-5101.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios