Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort address:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room:
4 guests maximum in the following categories - Standard, Water View, Junior Suite (king bed), 1 bedroom suite (king bed)
6 guests maximum in the following categories - Junior Suite (Queen/Double), Castitas 1 bedroom suite (Queen/Double), Casitas Executive suite (King/Double)
Total Number of rooms: 1921
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Coronado Springs resort is unique in that it is the only one of Disney's moderate category resorts to feature a convention center. For some, this fact - the fact that at any given point in time the resort could be overrun with conventioneers - is a turn-off. However, this is one of the most stunning and well appointed resorts on Disney property. In fact - in some regards it feels more like a deluxe resort, just with a moderate resort price tag. The theme here is a blend of colonial Mexico and the American Southwest. Upon entering 'El Centro' - the resorts main building, you'll see the La Fuente de Las Palomas or
the "Fountain of the Doves" as the spring water
trickles over the Spanish-style urn and gathers amidst
the colorful tiles. El Centro is also home to the resorts Check-in desk and Guest Services as well as Panchitos Gift Shop, Cafe Rix, Rix Lounge, the Peppermarket Food Court and the resorts full service restaurant the Maya Grill. The 1921
guest rooms and suites are dispersed amongst three villages
that surround a 15 acre man-made lake. The resorts feature
rustic stucco buildings, Mexican-style bungalows and festive
villages with Spanish terracotta roofs. The Coronado Springs
Resort is divided into 3 village areas, the Casitas, the
Ranchos and the Cabanas. The Casitas village or "Little
Houses", has 1024 guest rooms (981 guest rooms and
43 suites) and includes buildings similar to those commonly
found in Sante Fe or Monterey.
The buildings set amidst the colorful plaza, fountains and courtyards are commonly used for the convention accommodations. The Ranchos have a more rustic, rural flavor to them, complete with an arroyo or small stream that tumbles over a rocky streambed. The 624 guest rooms are housed in two- and three-storey villas. The Cabanas are 2-storey Mexican-style adobe bungalows with 319 guest rooms. The majority of these rooms have a water view. The convention center is 95,000 square feet and can be divided into 45 rooms. The Coronado Ballroom is 60,214 square feet with a 23-foot high ceiling and this can seat 5000 for dinner or 6500 for theater-style meetings. This ballroom can be divided up into 18 separate rooms. The Fiesta Ballroom is 21160 square feet and can divided into 10 rooms. The grounds of the Coronado Springs Resort are landscaped with trees from 10 different states and environmentalists will be happy to note that the mulch in the landscaped beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.
There are a total of 1921 guest rooms at Coronado Springs divided into 6 categories:
- Standard View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- King - Sleeps 2 (1 king bed)
- Water View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- Junior Suite - Sleeps 6 - (2 double beds and 1 queen sico bed*)
- Junior Suite - King - Sleeps 4 (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed *)
- Casitas 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 6 (2 double beds, 1 queen sico bed*)
- 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 4 - (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed*)
- Casitas Executive Suite - Sleeps 6 (1 king bed, 2 double beds)
*Sico beds are beds that pull down out of the wall. They are also known as Murphy beds
Preferred Room Locations: Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.
The rooms at Coronado Springs were refurbished in 2009 and are among the nicest of any of the moderate resorts. The typical guest room is 314 square feet and has 2 queen beds (or one king-sized bed). Also in the room you will find a table with 2 chairs, wall mirror, coffeemaker (with complimentary coffee), iron and ironing board, television, dresser, nightstand, hair dryer, ceiling fan and a single sink and mirror in a vanity area outside of the tub and commode. A small, key-operated wall safe for valuables is found in the "closet area". All rooms at the Coronado Springs have complimentary Wi-Fi service. There are handicap-accessible rooms available as well, with a king-size bed, and a wheel-chair accessible shower in place of a tub. While the rooms accommodate up to 4 guests, a roll-away bed can be rented for $15/night (for siblings who do not wish to share a bed). Also available are bed boards and bed rails and cribs, call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $15 per person, per night.
Pepper Market Food Court
There is a food court and a sit down restaurant at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Located in the Main Building, El Centro, the Pepper Market Food Court is an interesting alternative to the typical food court. Upon entering, you are seated by a host/hostess, and each guest in your party receives a card. You can go to any of the food counters to order, and as you get your food, your card is stamped to reflect your order. At the end of your meal, you present your card(s) to the cashier for payment. A 10% gratuity is automatically included, as there are bussers available to refill your drinks, clean the tables, etc. Maps of the layout of the Pepper Market are found both inside and just outside to help guide you to the delicacies of your choice. There is a wide variety of food available here, such as tostados, burritos, tacos, pizza, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, pasta, sandwiches and Asian stir-fry. The hours can vary, but are usually from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with breakfast from 7-11AM, lunch from 11:30AM - 2:00PM and dinner from 4:30PM to 11:00PM
Rix cafe is the grab-n-go food area at Coronado Springs. It is located near the main entrance next to the store. Rix cafe offers a selection fo salads, sandwiches, beer, wine and soft drinks. Refillable mugs can also be purchased here.
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is available from 7AM to 11AM and has an assortment of standard offerings from Omelets and Pancakes to Waffles and Scrambled eggs. There is also a kids breakfast menu that features Mini Mickey Waffles. The dinner menu offers pizza, chicken wings, sandwiches as well as chicken strips, spaghetting and meatballs, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese for kids.
Services for Kids
Recreation activities for kids vary by season, but there is always something happening at Coronado Springs for the younger members of the family, especially at 'The Lost City of Cibola' pool. Throughout the afternoon a variety of pool side games are coordinated by cast members - games include everything form a hula hoop contest and Critter Roundup to Whats in your Beach Bag and Chalk Art. There is a different set of games each day. At 3pm daily is the Pool Fiesta part. The playground area is called "The Dig Site" and is located just to the side of the Mayan pyramid at the main pool. The Iguana Arcade (also located at the main pool) is the resorts only arcade and is the smallest arcade on Disney property, offering a very small variety of arcade games.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Dig Site is the main pool area at Disney's Coronado
Springs Resort and is themed to represent the important
find of a Mayan kingdom during an archaeological dig.
Here you will find a sand volleyball
court, an arcade,
bar, an enormous hot tub, a playground (fashioned
after an archaeological dig site) and of course, a
large pool! A 50-foot Mayan pyramid is the centerpiece
of this 120' by 90' pool. Water trickles down the faux
aged looking ceremonial stone steps of the Pyramid of
the Sun. Twisting out from behind the pyramid, is a 123-foot
long, 16.2 foot-high water slide with a jaguar perched
over the slide to spit water at guests as they go down
There is also a children's pool here. Pool towels are available at the Dig Site. There are 3 quiet pools, one at each of the village areas, but guests must bring their room towels here as pool towels are not offered. Lifeguards are found at the main pool, but not at the quiet pools. Pool hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight for the Dig Site and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the quiet pools.
There is a lot to do at Disney's Coronado Springs besides swim. There are two arcades, the Jumping Beans Arcade in El Centro beside Panchitos, and the Iguana Arcade at the Dig Site main pool area. Cyclists may enjoy the variety of bicycles available to rent, standard, tandem and Surrey bikes to tour the .9 mile long Esplanade which encircles Lago Dorado.
For fun and fitness, guests can also take a nature walk,
play volleyball, and use the jogging trails (maps are
provided at La Marina or Guest Services) or fitness center,
La Vida Health Club, (state-of-the-art equipment, Cybex
exercise machines and aerobic machines with whirlpool,
sauna and massage).
Behind the Dig Site main pool, children will enjoy the Explorer's Playground, the place for budding archaeologists to dig and play.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. Service is available 7 days a week, call Housekeeping for pick up.
- Coin Laundry facilities - (See Below)
- Express Check-out
- Refillable mugs - These are 12 oz. mugs that you purchase, and then can use for free refills at the Pepper Market and the Siesta Grill
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Panchito's Gifts and Sundries shop - logo merchandise, film, toiletries, souvenirs and non-prescription drugs
- La Tienda Convenience Store - snacks, candy, beverages
- Hair Styling Salon - serving both men and women, Casa de Belleza is a full service salon (cuts, sets, permanents, colors, beard and mustache trim, manicures, pedicures, facials, parafin wax treatments). Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 407-939-3965 (or dial 8 + 289 from your room)
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Vending machines
- Poolside bar - at the Dig Site, the Siesta Grill offers snacks, burgers and beverages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hair wrap services - found in the Dig Site pool area
- Newspaper delivery (for a charge)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Lost and Found: (407) 939-3070 from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Location: End of Casita 4 to the right of LaVida Fitness Center and Salon. All others near quiet pools.
Soda vending machines
Self-service coin operated washers, dryers, and laundry supply machines
Washers - $1.00
Dryers - $1.00 for 30 minutes
Laundry supply machines - $1.00
Check In: 3:00pm
Number of Rooms: 1967 including-
60 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 Parlor Suites (one is accessible for guests with disabilities)
10 VIP Suites
5 Executive Suites
- Between El Centro and the Convention Center
- Across from Casitas 4
- Between Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A
From Coronado Springs to:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace | Downtown Disney West Side |
Disney Pleasure Island: Take Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus
- Disney's BoardWalk Resort: Take Disney's BoardWalk Resort bus
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
- Performer lineup for SeaWorld's Bands, Brew and BBQ
- Top ranked dishes from the Epcot Food & Wine Festival
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom