Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort address:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room:
4 guests maximum in the following categories - Standard, Water View, Junior Suite (king bed), 1 bedroom suite (king bed)
6 guests maximum in the following categories - Junior Suite (Queen/Double), Castitas 1 bedroom suite (Queen/Double), Casitas Executive suite (King/Double)
Total Number of rooms: 1921
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Coronado Springs resort is unique in that it is the only one of Disney's moderate category resorts to feature a convention center. For some, this fact - the fact that at any given point in time the resort could be overrun with conventioneers - is a turn-off. However, this is one of the most stunning and well appointed resorts on Disney property. In fact - in some regards it feels more like a deluxe resort, just with a moderate resort price tag. The theme here is a blend of colonial Mexico and the American Southwest. Upon entering 'El Centro' - the resorts main building, you'll see the La Fuente de Las Palomas or
the "Fountain of the Doves" as the spring water
trickles over the Spanish-style urn and gathers amidst
the colorful tiles. El Centro is also home to the resorts Check-in desk and Guest Services as well as Panchitos Gift Shop, Cafe Rix, Rix Lounge, the Peppermarket Food Court and the resorts full service restaurant the Maya Grill. The 1921
guest rooms and suites are dispersed amongst three villages
that surround a 15 acre man-made lake. The resorts feature
rustic stucco buildings, Mexican-style bungalows and festive
villages with Spanish terracotta roofs. The Coronado Springs
Resort is divided into 3 village areas, the Casitas, the
Ranchos and the Cabanas. The Casitas village or "Little
Houses", has 1024 guest rooms (981 guest rooms and
43 suites) and includes buildings similar to those commonly
found in Sante Fe or Monterey.
The buildings set amidst the colorful plaza, fountains and courtyards are commonly used for the convention accommodations. The Ranchos have a more rustic, rural flavor to them, complete with an arroyo or small stream that tumbles over a rocky streambed. The 624 guest rooms are housed in two- and three-storey villas. The Cabanas are 2-storey Mexican-style adobe bungalows with 319 guest rooms. The majority of these rooms have a water view. The convention center is 95,000 square feet and can be divided into 45 rooms. The Coronado Ballroom is 60,214 square feet with a 23-foot high ceiling and this can seat 5000 for dinner or 6500 for theater-style meetings. This ballroom can be divided up into 18 separate rooms. The Fiesta Ballroom is 21160 square feet and can divided into 10 rooms. The grounds of the Coronado Springs Resort are landscaped with trees from 10 different states and environmentalists will be happy to note that the mulch in the landscaped beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.
There are a total of 1921 guest rooms at Coronado Springs divided into 6 categories:
- Standard View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- King - Sleeps 2 (1 king bed)
- Water View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- Junior Suite - Sleeps 6 - (2 double beds and 1 queen sico bed*)
- Junior Suite - King - Sleeps 4 (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed *)
- Casitas 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 6 (2 double beds, 1 queen sico bed*)
- 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 4 - (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed*)
- Casitas Executive Suite - Sleeps 6 (1 king bed, 2 double beds)
*Sico beds are beds that pull down out of the wall. They are also known as Murphy beds
Preferred Room Locations: Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.
The rooms at Coronado Springs were refurbished in 2009 and are among the nicest of any of the moderate resorts. The typical guest room is 314 square feet and has 2 queen beds (or one king-sized bed). Also in the room you will find a table with 2 chairs, wall mirror, coffeemaker (with complimentary coffee), iron and ironing board, television, dresser, nightstand, hair dryer, ceiling fan and a single sink and mirror in a vanity area outside of the tub and commode. A small, key-operated wall safe for valuables is found in the "closet area". All rooms at the Coronado Springs have complimentary Wi-Fi service. There are handicap-accessible rooms available as well, with a king-size bed, and a wheel-chair accessible shower in place of a tub. While the rooms accommodate up to 4 guests, a roll-away bed can be rented for $15/night (for siblings who do not wish to share a bed). Also available are bed boards and bed rails and cribs, call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $15 per person, per night.
Pepper Market Food Court
There is a food court and a sit down restaurant at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Located in the Main Building, El Centro, the Pepper Market Food Court is an interesting alternative to the typical food court. Upon entering, you are seated by a host/hostess, and each guest in your party receives a card. You can go to any of the food counters to order, and as you get your food, your card is stamped to reflect your order. At the end of your meal, you present your card(s) to the cashier for payment. A 10% gratuity is automatically included, as there are bussers available to refill your drinks, clean the tables, etc. Maps of the layout of the Pepper Market are found both inside and just outside to help guide you to the delicacies of your choice. There is a wide variety of food available here, such as tostados, burritos, tacos, pizza, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, pasta, sandwiches and Asian stir-fry. The hours can vary, but are usually from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with breakfast from 7-11AM, lunch from 11:30AM - 2:00PM and dinner from 4:30PM to 11:00PM
Rix cafe is the grab-n-go food area at Coronado Springs. It is located near the main entrance next to the store. Rix cafe offers a selection fo salads, sandwiches, beer, wine and soft drinks. Refillable mugs can also be purchased here.
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is available from 7AM to 11AM and has an assortment of standard offerings from Omelets and Pancakes to Waffles and Scrambled eggs. There is also a kids breakfast menu that features Mini Mickey Waffles. The dinner menu offers pizza, chicken wings, sandwiches as well as chicken strips, spaghetting and meatballs, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese for kids.
Services for Kids
Recreation activities for kids vary by season, but there is always something happening at Coronado Springs for the younger members of the family, especially at 'The Lost City of Cibola' pool. Throughout the afternoon a variety of pool side games are coordinated by cast members - games include everything form a hula hoop contest and Critter Roundup to Whats in your Beach Bag and Chalk Art. There is a different set of games each day. At 3pm daily is the Pool Fiesta part. The playground area is called "The Dig Site" and is located just to the side of the Mayan pyramid at the main pool. The Iguana Arcade (also located at the main pool) is the resorts only arcade and is the smallest arcade on Disney property, offering a very small variety of arcade games.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Dig Site is the main pool area at Disney's Coronado
Springs Resort and is themed to represent the important
find of a Mayan kingdom during an archaeological dig.
Here you will find a sand volleyball
court, an arcade,
bar, an enormous hot tub, a playground (fashioned
after an archaeological dig site) and of course, a
large pool! A 50-foot Mayan pyramid is the centerpiece
of this 120' by 90' pool. Water trickles down the faux
aged looking ceremonial stone steps of the Pyramid of
the Sun. Twisting out from behind the pyramid, is a 123-foot
long, 16.2 foot-high water slide with a jaguar perched
over the slide to spit water at guests as they go down
There is also a children's pool here. Pool towels are available at the Dig Site. There are 3 quiet pools, one at each of the village areas, but guests must bring their room towels here as pool towels are not offered. Lifeguards are found at the main pool, but not at the quiet pools. Pool hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight for the Dig Site and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the quiet pools.
There is a lot to do at Disney's Coronado Springs besides swim. There are two arcades, the Jumping Beans Arcade in El Centro beside Panchitos, and the Iguana Arcade at the Dig Site main pool area. Cyclists may enjoy the variety of bicycles available to rent, standard, tandem and Surrey bikes to tour the .9 mile long Esplanade which encircles Lago Dorado.
For fun and fitness, guests can also take a nature walk,
play volleyball, and use the jogging trails (maps are
provided at La Marina or Guest Services) or fitness center,
La Vida Health Club, (state-of-the-art equipment, Cybex
exercise machines and aerobic machines with whirlpool,
sauna and massage).
Behind the Dig Site main pool, children will enjoy the Explorer's Playground, the place for budding archaeologists to dig and play.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. Service is available 7 days a week, call Housekeeping for pick up.
- Coin Laundry facilities - (See Below)
- Express Check-out
- Refillable mugs - These are 12 oz. mugs that you purchase, and then can use for free refills at the Pepper Market and the Siesta Grill
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Panchito's Gifts and Sundries shop - logo merchandise, film, toiletries, souvenirs and non-prescription drugs
- La Tienda Convenience Store - snacks, candy, beverages
- Hair Styling Salon - serving both men and women, Casa de Belleza is a full service salon (cuts, sets, permanents, colors, beard and mustache trim, manicures, pedicures, facials, parafin wax treatments). Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 407-939-3965 (or dial 8 + 289 from your room)
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Vending machines
- Poolside bar - at the Dig Site, the Siesta Grill offers snacks, burgers and beverages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hair wrap services - found in the Dig Site pool area
- Newspaper delivery (for a charge)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Lost and Found: (407) 939-3070 from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Location: End of Casita 4 to the right of LaVida Fitness Center and Salon. All others near quiet pools.
Soda vending machines
Self-service coin operated washers, dryers, and laundry supply machines
Washers - $1.00
Dryers - $1.00 for 30 minutes
Laundry supply machines - $1.00
Check In: 3:00pm
Number of Rooms: 1967 including-
60 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 Parlor Suites (one is accessible for guests with disabilities)
10 VIP Suites
5 Executive Suites
- Between El Centro and the Convention Center
- Across from Casitas 4
- Between Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A
From Coronado Springs to:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace | Downtown Disney West Side |
Disney Pleasure Island: Take Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus
- Disney's BoardWalk Resort: Take Disney's BoardWalk Resort bus
- Blog - Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom