Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort address:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room:
4 guests maximum in the following categories - Standard, Water View, Junior Suite (king bed), 1 bedroom suite (king bed)
6 guests maximum in the following categories - Junior Suite (Queen/Double), Castitas 1 bedroom suite (Queen/Double), Casitas Executive suite (King/Double)
Total Number of rooms: 1921
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Coronado Springs resort is unique in that it is the only one of Disney's moderate category resorts to feature a convention center. For some, this fact - the fact that at any given point in time the resort could be overrun with conventioneers - is a turn-off. However, this is one of the most stunning and well appointed resorts on Disney property. In fact - in some regards it feels more like a deluxe resort, just with a moderate resort price tag. The theme here is a blend of colonial Mexico and the American Southwest. Upon entering 'El Centro' - the resorts main building, you'll see the La Fuente de Las Palomas or
the "Fountain of the Doves" as the spring water
trickles over the Spanish-style urn and gathers amidst
the colorful tiles. El Centro is also home to the resorts Check-in desk and Guest Services as well as Panchitos Gift Shop, Cafe Rix, Rix Lounge, the Peppermarket Food Court and the resorts full service restaurant the Maya Grill. The 1921
guest rooms and suites are dispersed amongst three villages
that surround a 15 acre man-made lake. The resorts feature
rustic stucco buildings, Mexican-style bungalows and festive
villages with Spanish terracotta roofs. The Coronado Springs
Resort is divided into 3 village areas, the Casitas, the
Ranchos and the Cabanas. The Casitas village or "Little
Houses", has 1024 guest rooms (981 guest rooms and
43 suites) and includes buildings similar to those commonly
found in Sante Fe or Monterey.
The buildings set amidst the colorful plaza, fountains and courtyards are commonly used for the convention accommodations. The Ranchos have a more rustic, rural flavor to them, complete with an arroyo or small stream that tumbles over a rocky streambed. The 624 guest rooms are housed in two- and three-storey villas. The Cabanas are 2-storey Mexican-style adobe bungalows with 319 guest rooms. The majority of these rooms have a water view. The convention center is 95,000 square feet and can be divided into 45 rooms. The Coronado Ballroom is 60,214 square feet with a 23-foot high ceiling and this can seat 5000 for dinner or 6500 for theater-style meetings. This ballroom can be divided up into 18 separate rooms. The Fiesta Ballroom is 21160 square feet and can divided into 10 rooms. The grounds of the Coronado Springs Resort are landscaped with trees from 10 different states and environmentalists will be happy to note that the mulch in the landscaped beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.
There are a total of 1921 guest rooms at Coronado Springs divided into 6 categories:
- Standard View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- King - Sleeps 2 (1 king bed)
- Water View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- Junior Suite - Sleeps 6 - (2 double beds and 1 queen sico bed*)
- Junior Suite - King - Sleeps 4 (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed *)
- Casitas 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 6 (2 double beds, 1 queen sico bed*)
- 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 4 - (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed*)
- Casitas Executive Suite - Sleeps 6 (1 king bed, 2 double beds)
*Sico beds are beds that pull down out of the wall. They are also known as Murphy beds
Preferred Room Locations: Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.
The rooms at Coronado Springs were refurbished in 2009 and are among the nicest of any of the moderate resorts. The typical guest room is 314 square feet and has 2 queen beds (or one king-sized bed). Also in the room you will find a table with 2 chairs, wall mirror, coffeemaker (with complimentary coffee), iron and ironing board, television, dresser, nightstand, hair dryer, ceiling fan and a single sink and mirror in a vanity area outside of the tub and commode. A small, key-operated wall safe for valuables is found in the "closet area". All rooms at the Coronado Springs have complimentary Wi-Fi service. There are handicap-accessible rooms available as well, with a king-size bed, and a wheel-chair accessible shower in place of a tub. While the rooms accommodate up to 4 guests, a roll-away bed can be rented for $15/night (for siblings who do not wish to share a bed). Also available are bed boards and bed rails and cribs, call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $15 per person, per night.
Pepper Market Food Court
There is a food court and a sit down restaurant at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Located in the Main Building, El Centro, the Pepper Market Food Court is an interesting alternative to the typical food court. Upon entering, you are seated by a host/hostess, and each guest in your party receives a card. You can go to any of the food counters to order, and as you get your food, your card is stamped to reflect your order. At the end of your meal, you present your card(s) to the cashier for payment. A 10% gratuity is automatically included, as there are bussers available to refill your drinks, clean the tables, etc. Maps of the layout of the Pepper Market are found both inside and just outside to help guide you to the delicacies of your choice. There is a wide variety of food available here, such as tostados, burritos, tacos, pizza, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, pasta, sandwiches and Asian stir-fry. The hours can vary, but are usually from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with breakfast from 7-11AM, lunch from 11:30AM - 2:00PM and dinner from 4:30PM to 11:00PM
Rix cafe is the grab-n-go food area at Coronado Springs. It is located near the main entrance next to the store. Rix cafe offers a selection fo salads, sandwiches, beer, wine and soft drinks. Refillable mugs can also be purchased here.
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is available from 7AM to 11AM and has an assortment of standard offerings from Omelets and Pancakes to Waffles and Scrambled eggs. There is also a kids breakfast menu that features Mini Mickey Waffles. The dinner menu offers pizza, chicken wings, sandwiches as well as chicken strips, spaghetting and meatballs, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese for kids.
Services for Kids
Recreation activities for kids vary by season, but there is always something happening at Coronado Springs for the younger members of the family, especially at 'The Lost City of Cibola' pool. Throughout the afternoon a variety of pool side games are coordinated by cast members - games include everything form a hula hoop contest and Critter Roundup to Whats in your Beach Bag and Chalk Art. There is a different set of games each day. At 3pm daily is the Pool Fiesta part. The playground area is called "The Dig Site" and is located just to the side of the Mayan pyramid at the main pool. The Iguana Arcade (also located at the main pool) is the resorts only arcade and is the smallest arcade on Disney property, offering a very small variety of arcade games.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Dig Site is the main pool area at Disney's Coronado
Springs Resort and is themed to represent the important
find of a Mayan kingdom during an archaeological dig.
Here you will find a sand volleyball
court, an arcade,
bar, an enormous hot tub, a playground (fashioned
after an archaeological dig site) and of course, a
large pool! A 50-foot Mayan pyramid is the centerpiece
of this 120' by 90' pool. Water trickles down the faux
aged looking ceremonial stone steps of the Pyramid of
the Sun. Twisting out from behind the pyramid, is a 123-foot
long, 16.2 foot-high water slide with a jaguar perched
over the slide to spit water at guests as they go down
There is also a children's pool here. Pool towels are available at the Dig Site. There are 3 quiet pools, one at each of the village areas, but guests must bring their room towels here as pool towels are not offered. Lifeguards are found at the main pool, but not at the quiet pools. Pool hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight for the Dig Site and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the quiet pools.
There is a lot to do at Disney's Coronado Springs besides swim. There are two arcades, the Jumping Beans Arcade in El Centro beside Panchitos, and the Iguana Arcade at the Dig Site main pool area. Cyclists may enjoy the variety of bicycles available to rent, standard, tandem and Surrey bikes to tour the .9 mile long Esplanade which encircles Lago Dorado.
For fun and fitness, guests can also take a nature walk,
play volleyball, and use the jogging trails (maps are
provided at La Marina or Guest Services) or fitness center,
La Vida Health Club, (state-of-the-art equipment, Cybex
exercise machines and aerobic machines with whirlpool,
sauna and massage).
Behind the Dig Site main pool, children will enjoy the Explorer's Playground, the place for budding archaeologists to dig and play.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. Service is available 7 days a week, call Housekeeping for pick up.
- Coin Laundry facilities - (See Below)
- Express Check-out
- Refillable mugs - These are 12 oz. mugs that you purchase, and then can use for free refills at the Pepper Market and the Siesta Grill
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Panchito's Gifts and Sundries shop - logo merchandise, film, toiletries, souvenirs and non-prescription drugs
- La Tienda Convenience Store - snacks, candy, beverages
- Hair Styling Salon - serving both men and women, Casa de Belleza is a full service salon (cuts, sets, permanents, colors, beard and mustache trim, manicures, pedicures, facials, parafin wax treatments). Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 407-939-3965 (or dial 8 + 289 from your room)
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Vending machines
- Poolside bar - at the Dig Site, the Siesta Grill offers snacks, burgers and beverages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hair wrap services - found in the Dig Site pool area
- Newspaper delivery (for a charge)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Lost and Found: (407) 939-3070 from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Location: End of Casita 4 to the right of LaVida Fitness Center and Salon. All others near quiet pools.
Soda vending machines
Self-service coin operated washers, dryers, and laundry supply machines
Washers - $1.00
Dryers - $1.00 for 30 minutes
Laundry supply machines - $1.00
Check In: 3:00pm
Number of Rooms: 1967 including-
60 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 Parlor Suites (one is accessible for guests with disabilities)
10 VIP Suites
5 Executive Suites
- Between El Centro and the Convention Center
- Across from Casitas 4
- Between Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A
From Coronado Springs to:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace | Downtown Disney West Side |
Disney Pleasure Island: Take Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus
- Disney's BoardWalk Resort: Take Disney's BoardWalk Resort bus
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Meet and greet locations updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party scheduled for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Constantine the Frog to attend Villains Unleashed! event - The "Muppets Most Wanted" villain will be at the Stage One Company Store location near Muppet*Vision 3D.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party reduces number of performances this month - Performance times will be 5:40 and 7:00pm on August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29, 2014. Concrete work taking place on Main Street will limit the number of performances on those days.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Adventureland - Swiss Family Treehouse Exit - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Magic Kingdom.
- Big Hero 6 characters coming to Walt Disney World - A specific date and location for the meet and greet has not yet been announced.
- Frozen Summer Fun extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This celebration has been extended through September 28.
- Top 5 Experiences at Walt Disney World That Don't Cost a Thing! - Walt Disney World can be a very expensive place — between park tickets, hotels, parking costs, meals and snacks, it all adds up very quickly. That’s why it’s important to remember that there are several fantastic experiences at Walt Disney World Resort that don’t cost a thing!
- Club Villain dance party planned for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This will take place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland.
- Blog - New Disney Parks Inspired Coffees from Joffrey's
- Updated list of restaurants that accept Tables in Wonderland - Tables in Wonderland members save 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Video: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
- "Frozen" behind-the-scenes special coming to ABC
- PANDORA Jewelry coming to Disney Parks
- Universal Orlando to build fifth hotel?
- Comedian and actor Robin Williams found dead at age 63
- Universal's Hogwarts Express sees one million riders
- Disney janitor arrested for sexually assaulting coworker
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom