Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort address:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room:
4 guests maximum in the following categories - Standard, Water View, Junior Suite (king bed), 1 bedroom suite (king bed)
6 guests maximum in the following categories - Junior Suite (Queen/Double), Castitas 1 bedroom suite (Queen/Double), Casitas Executive suite (King/Double)
Total Number of rooms: 1921
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Coronado Springs resort is unique in that it is the only one of Disney's moderate category resorts to feature a convention center. For some, this fact - the fact that at any given point in time the resort could be overrun with conventioneers - is a turn-off. However, this is one of the most stunning and well appointed resorts on Disney property. In fact - in some regards it feels more like a deluxe resort, just with a moderate resort price tag. The theme here is a blend of colonial Mexico and the American Southwest. Upon entering 'El Centro' - the resorts main building, you'll see the La Fuente de Las Palomas or
the "Fountain of the Doves" as the spring water
trickles over the Spanish-style urn and gathers amidst
the colorful tiles. El Centro is also home to the resorts Check-in desk and Guest Services as well as Panchitos Gift Shop, Cafe Rix, Rix Lounge, the Peppermarket Food Court and the resorts full service restaurant the Maya Grill. The 1921
guest rooms and suites are dispersed amongst three villages
that surround a 15 acre man-made lake. The resorts feature
rustic stucco buildings, Mexican-style bungalows and festive
villages with Spanish terracotta roofs. The Coronado Springs
Resort is divided into 3 village areas, the Casitas, the
Ranchos and the Cabanas. The Casitas village or "Little
Houses", has 1024 guest rooms (981 guest rooms and
43 suites) and includes buildings similar to those commonly
found in Sante Fe or Monterey.
The buildings set amidst the colorful plaza, fountains and courtyards are commonly used for the convention accommodations. The Ranchos have a more rustic, rural flavor to them, complete with an arroyo or small stream that tumbles over a rocky streambed. The 624 guest rooms are housed in two- and three-storey villas. The Cabanas are 2-storey Mexican-style adobe bungalows with 319 guest rooms. The majority of these rooms have a water view. The convention center is 95,000 square feet and can be divided into 45 rooms. The Coronado Ballroom is 60,214 square feet with a 23-foot high ceiling and this can seat 5000 for dinner or 6500 for theater-style meetings. This ballroom can be divided up into 18 separate rooms. The Fiesta Ballroom is 21160 square feet and can divided into 10 rooms. The grounds of the Coronado Springs Resort are landscaped with trees from 10 different states and environmentalists will be happy to note that the mulch in the landscaped beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.
There are a total of 1921 guest rooms at Coronado Springs divided into 6 categories:
- Standard View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- King - Sleeps 2 (1 king bed)
- Water View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- Junior Suite - Sleeps 6 - (2 double beds and 1 queen sico bed*)
- Junior Suite - King - Sleeps 4 (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed *)
- Casitas 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 6 (2 double beds, 1 queen sico bed*)
- 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 4 - (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed*)
- Casitas Executive Suite - Sleeps 6 (1 king bed, 2 double beds)
*Sico beds are beds that pull down out of the wall. They are also known as Murphy beds
Preferred Room Locations: Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.
The rooms at Coronado Springs were refurbished in 2009 and are among the nicest of any of the moderate resorts. The typical guest room is 314 square feet and has 2 queen beds (or one king-sized bed). Also in the room you will find a table with 2 chairs, wall mirror, coffeemaker (with complimentary coffee), iron and ironing board, television, dresser, nightstand, hair dryer, ceiling fan and a single sink and mirror in a vanity area outside of the tub and commode. A small, key-operated wall safe for valuables is found in the "closet area". All rooms at the Coronado Springs have complimentary Wi-Fi service. There are handicap-accessible rooms available as well, with a king-size bed, and a wheel-chair accessible shower in place of a tub. While the rooms accommodate up to 4 guests, a roll-away bed can be rented for $15/night (for siblings who do not wish to share a bed). Also available are bed boards and bed rails and cribs, call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $15 per person, per night.
Pepper Market Food Court
There is a food court and a sit down restaurant at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Located in the Main Building, El Centro, the Pepper Market Food Court is an interesting alternative to the typical food court. Upon entering, you are seated by a host/hostess, and each guest in your party receives a card. You can go to any of the food counters to order, and as you get your food, your card is stamped to reflect your order. At the end of your meal, you present your card(s) to the cashier for payment. A 10% gratuity is automatically included, as there are bussers available to refill your drinks, clean the tables, etc. Maps of the layout of the Pepper Market are found both inside and just outside to help guide you to the delicacies of your choice. There is a wide variety of food available here, such as tostados, burritos, tacos, pizza, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, pasta, sandwiches and Asian stir-fry. The hours can vary, but are usually from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with breakfast from 7-11AM, lunch from 11:30AM - 2:00PM and dinner from 4:30PM to 11:00PM
Rix cafe is the grab-n-go food area at Coronado Springs. It is located near the main entrance next to the store. Rix cafe offers a selection fo salads, sandwiches, beer, wine and soft drinks. Refillable mugs can also be purchased here.
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is available from 7AM to 11AM and has an assortment of standard offerings from Omelets and Pancakes to Waffles and Scrambled eggs. There is also a kids breakfast menu that features Mini Mickey Waffles. The dinner menu offers pizza, chicken wings, sandwiches as well as chicken strips, spaghetting and meatballs, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese for kids.
Services for Kids
Recreation activities for kids vary by season, but there is always something happening at Coronado Springs for the younger members of the family, especially at 'The Lost City of Cibola' pool. Throughout the afternoon a variety of pool side games are coordinated by cast members - games include everything form a hula hoop contest and Critter Roundup to Whats in your Beach Bag and Chalk Art. There is a different set of games each day. At 3pm daily is the Pool Fiesta part. The playground area is called "The Dig Site" and is located just to the side of the Mayan pyramid at the main pool. The Iguana Arcade (also located at the main pool) is the resorts only arcade and is the smallest arcade on Disney property, offering a very small variety of arcade games.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Dig Site is the main pool area at Disney's Coronado
Springs Resort and is themed to represent the important
find of a Mayan kingdom during an archaeological dig.
Here you will find a sand volleyball
court, an arcade,
bar, an enormous hot tub, a playground (fashioned
after an archaeological dig site) and of course, a
large pool! A 50-foot Mayan pyramid is the centerpiece
of this 120' by 90' pool. Water trickles down the faux
aged looking ceremonial stone steps of the Pyramid of
the Sun. Twisting out from behind the pyramid, is a 123-foot
long, 16.2 foot-high water slide with a jaguar perched
over the slide to spit water at guests as they go down
There is also a children's pool here. Pool towels are available at the Dig Site. There are 3 quiet pools, one at each of the village areas, but guests must bring their room towels here as pool towels are not offered. Lifeguards are found at the main pool, but not at the quiet pools. Pool hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight for the Dig Site and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the quiet pools.
There is a lot to do at Disney's Coronado Springs besides swim. There are two arcades, the Jumping Beans Arcade in El Centro beside Panchitos, and the Iguana Arcade at the Dig Site main pool area. Cyclists may enjoy the variety of bicycles available to rent, standard, tandem and Surrey bikes to tour the .9 mile long Esplanade which encircles Lago Dorado.
For fun and fitness, guests can also take a nature walk,
play volleyball, and use the jogging trails (maps are
provided at La Marina or Guest Services) or fitness center,
La Vida Health Club, (state-of-the-art equipment, Cybex
exercise machines and aerobic machines with whirlpool,
sauna and massage).
Behind the Dig Site main pool, children will enjoy the Explorer's Playground, the place for budding archaeologists to dig and play.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. Service is available 7 days a week, call Housekeeping for pick up.
- Coin Laundry facilities - (See Below)
- Express Check-out
- Refillable mugs - These are 12 oz. mugs that you purchase, and then can use for free refills at the Pepper Market and the Siesta Grill
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Panchito's Gifts and Sundries shop - logo merchandise, film, toiletries, souvenirs and non-prescription drugs
- La Tienda Convenience Store - snacks, candy, beverages
- Hair Styling Salon - serving both men and women, Casa de Belleza is a full service salon (cuts, sets, permanents, colors, beard and mustache trim, manicures, pedicures, facials, parafin wax treatments). Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 407-939-3965 (or dial 8 + 289 from your room)
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Vending machines
- Poolside bar - at the Dig Site, the Siesta Grill offers snacks, burgers and beverages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hair wrap services - found in the Dig Site pool area
- Newspaper delivery (for a charge)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Lost and Found: (407) 939-3070 from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Location: End of Casita 4 to the right of LaVida Fitness Center and Salon. All others near quiet pools.
Soda vending machines
Self-service coin operated washers, dryers, and laundry supply machines
Washers - $1.00
Dryers - $1.00 for 30 minutes
Laundry supply machines - $1.00
Check In: 3:00pm
Number of Rooms: 1967 including-
60 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 Parlor Suites (one is accessible for guests with disabilities)
10 VIP Suites
5 Executive Suites
- Between El Centro and the Convention Center
- Across from Casitas 4
- Between Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A
From Coronado Springs to:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace | Downtown Disney West Side |
Disney Pleasure Island: Take Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus
- Disney's BoardWalk Resort: Take Disney's BoardWalk Resort bus
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00 PM
10:00 - 5:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW