Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground address:
4510 N. Fort Wilderness Trail
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830-1000
Maximum persons per room: 6
child in crib)
Total Number of Cabins: 409
Total Number of Campsites: 788
Total Cabins + Campsites: 1197
Campsites: From $65 - $81 per night
Cabins: From $265 per night
Room size: 504 sq. ft (Cabins)
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Nestled away on a 750 acre cypress and pine forest between the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, sits the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. This resort offers the best of the outdoors and even offers one bedroom cabins for those who prefer the "great indoors". There are 788 campsites ranging in length from 25' to 65', for tents, tent trailers and recreational vehicles. New extensions are currently being made for larger campers.
those who prefer the comforts of home, there are cozy
freestanding Ft. Wilderness Cabins available that can
accommodate up to 6 guests.
As you might expect "in the wild", there are rabbits, ducks, geese, deer, armadillos, and peacocks roaming the grounds. The Settlement Recreation Area is on Bay Lake and includes the marina, beach, Pioneer Hall and the Tri-Circle-D Ranch.
The Settlement Trading Post sells gifts, sundries, groceries, snacks and beverages. The Meadows Recreation Area is in the center of Fort Wilderness. This area includes the Bike Barn (for rentals) and the Fort Wilderness waterways and bicycle trails. Swimming, tennis, volleyball and shuffleboard are all available at the Meadows Recreation complex. The Meadows Trading Post is similar to the Settlement Trading Post, but includes a deli as well.
Fort Wilderness Cabins
These air conditioned free-standing dwellings are approximately 504 square feet, 12' wide by 42' long. Each cabin has a separate bedroom with a double bed, bunk beds and a pull down bed in the living area. The cabins will sleep 6 people. There is a full bathroom, with hair dryer, and a living/dining area. This area has a sofa and cable TV/DVD. The dining area has seating for 6. You'll also be provided with an iron/ironing board.
kitchen has all major appliances: a microwave
oven, dishwasher (with packets of soap), coffee maker,
refrigerator with ice maker, stove/broiler and toaster.
It is fully equipped for all of your cooking and dining
needs (minus the food!): cutlery service for 6, paring
knives, manual can opener, serving spoon, measuring cup,
pitcher, casserole, dinnerware service for 6, platter,
Dutch oven, saucepans, skillet, paper towels, dish towel,
sponge, and a drainboard. Outside each cabin, there is
a small deck with your own charcoal grill and picnic
table. Daily maid service is provided. Check-in is 3 p.m.
and check-out is 11 a.m. When checking into the Wilderness
Cabins, guests must park at the Reception outpost and
check in at the front desk there. There is parking for
one car at your cabin. Please note that vehicular traffic
is restricted at Ft. Wilderness. The cabins have free wireless internet access.
TIP: For a location close to the main pool, request a cabin in loops 600 or 800 - 1600.
Fort Wilderness Campsites
Privacy for the 784 campsites throughout the 20 loops, is provided by the lush wilderness. The sites are approximately 25' wide and range from 25' to 65' in length. They are a combination of paved driveway and sandy pad. All sites have running water, electricity, charcoal grills and picnic tables. There are full hook-up sites that provide sanitary disposal.
TIP: Preferred hook-up sites are located
near the Settlement Trading Post, Pioneer Hall and the
marina, and offer cable TV hook-up. These sites
may cost a little more and are found in loops 11 through
500 and 700. To be near the Meadow Trading Post,
campfire program and main pool, request loops 600, or
800 through 1600.
Air conditioned comfort stations are found throughout the resort. They have restrooms, private showers, laundry facilities, an ice maker, and phones. All but the laundry facilities are open 24 hours a day. There is camping gear available to rent for those in need. Pets are allowed in designated areas or can be boarded in a kennel near the entrance to the resort. Check-in time is 1 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests checking in to the campgrounds may register at the drive-through windows at the Reception Outpost.
The "Cabin": There is one special cabin available. It is 12x15 feet and has no inside sink or toilet. There is a comfort station in the vicinity however. Sleeping accommodations consist of two sets of bunk beds, one being a twin over a full size, so the cabin can sleep 5. It is not air-conditioned and guests must bring their own linens. No maid service is provided here. It could be an inexpensive choice of accommodation for those who enjoy "roughing it" with a roof over their heads.
Trail's End Restaurant
The Trail's End Restaurant is a cafeteria found in Pioneer Hall. It is a buffeteria that features all-you-can-eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers pizza as a late night snack from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. as well. Breakfast hours are from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and consists of breakfast "pizza", fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, omelets, French Toast, grits, beef hash, oatmeal, Mickey waffles and bread pudding. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and includes salad bar, chili, soup, pasta dishes, hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, a daily special, catch of the day, pizza and desserts. Dinner is offered between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. and the buffet offers salad bar, soup, chili, pasta, pork ribs, chicken, potatoes, vegetables, peel and eat shrimp, roast beef, a daily special, pizza, the catch of the day and desserts.
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
- Hoop Eee Doo Musical Revue menu
- History of the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue Photos
One of the most popular dinner shows on property is the . In addition to the corny,
hilarious hoe-down-style entertainment, guests are treated
to a family-style, all-you-can-eat dinner.
Appetizers and dinner consists of chips and salsa, bread, salad, country fried chicken, barbecued ribs, corn, beans and strawberry shortcake. Drinks, including beer and wine, are included, however cocktails are separate. This show is held daily at 5:00 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Priority Seating is a must and can be made up to 2 years in advance. Because of the "no vehicle" rule at Fort Wilderness, allow yourself lots of time to get there. Internal shuttle buses run to Pioneer Hall.
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Offered at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, the Mickey's Backyard BBQ is the perennial favorite of many guests. This all you can eat buffet features everything you would expect at a Barbecue and much more. There is also a variety of live entertainment (including character appearances)
As the name suggests, it includes everything you'd find at a barbecue/picnic, with carnival type games, food, music, dancing, storytelling and best of all, visits from Disney characters. The all-you-can-eat food includes BBQ pork ribs, baked chicken, hot dogs with all the fixin's, corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, corn bread, watermelon, marble cake. Unlimited draft beer, wine, lemonade, and iced tea.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Laundry facilities
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs
- Complimentary newspapers (to the Homes/Cabins)
- Voice Mail
- Shops: Settlement Trading Post (gifts, sundries, limited groceries) Meadow Trading Post (gifts, sundries, limited groceries, deli)
- Free Wireless Internet available at cabins (free wired internet available at campsites)
Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground opened on November 19, 1971. At the time there were two "comfort stations" and 232 campsites.
In 1973, Fort Wilderness expanded by adding more campsites and 10 Airstream trailers. The now defunct Wilderness Line Steam Railroad was introduced. The four Forney Type 2-4-2T engines pulled up to five cars and could transport 90 guests. This predecessor to the Internal bus system was not only enjoyed by Fort guests, for $1 anyone could ride it all day long. Here's a tidbit for Disney trivia buffs. These engines became ticket booths for Pleasure Island before being sold to collectors.
Today there are 1788 campsites and 409 Wilderness Cabins. Not only are the Cabins (as well as the Reception Outpost, Meadow Trading Post, and Crockett's Tavern) equipped with free wireless internet access, but the campsites have free wired internet access. Just stop by the Reception Outpost and pick up a modem kit. There will be a $125 credit card deposit to use the modem kit; deposit will be released when the kit is returned.
The petting zoo at the Tri-Circle-D ranch remains just as popular as it did 35 years ago. While 'Phantom of the Opera' may claim longest running Broadway musical status, the 'Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue' is the longest running musical in America.
Keeping with the wilderness theme, guests can go horseback riding, have pony rides, visit the petting farm, and go on nightly hay rides or on fishing excursions along the campground's canals or on Bay Lake. Equipment is available to buy or rent. Those wishing for a little more exercise can rent bicycles, jog on the 2.3 mile jogging trail, do the Fitness Trail, play beach volleyball, basketball, shuffleboard, horseshoes or tetherball, or go on a nature walk along the Swamp Trail.
At the marina, guests can rent canoes, kayaks, sailboats, pedal boats, pontoon boats, water mice or go water-skiing. There are 2 arcades and playground areas for children as well. Two lighted tennis courts are available for tennis buffs. Forget your racquet? No problem, equipment can be rented. Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is also home to the award winning Tri-Circle-D Ranch where the draught horses used to pull the trolleys down Main Street are housed.
A visit to the "lawnmower tree" is fun to see. This is where a tree somehow grew around a lawn mower and can be found just off the sidewalk on the way to the marina.
Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long is held nightly at the Meadow Trading Post and begins with a 7:30 fire lighting (weather permitting). It features
a sing-along, Disney movies and cartoons. Marshmallows
can be toasted over the campfires. You can bring
your own or buy them there. The Chuckwagon is located
there and sells pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, candy
and beverages for those who want something a little more
This entertainment is free to all Walt Disney World resort guests. Also nightly, weather permitting, Bay Lake is the backdrop for the Electrical Water Pageant. Dancing lights on a 1000 foot string of floating barges shimmer over Bay Lake. This seven minute show can be seen from the Fort Wilderness beach and marina around 9:45 p.m. (Check the schedule with guest services.)
Fort Wilderness Transportation
In keeping with the wilderness theme, motorized vehicle
transportation within the grounds is prohibited unless
entering or leaving the resort. Alternatives are
bicycles, golf carts, the internal bus system or walking. Supply is limited, but golf carts can be reserved up to one year in advance by calling the Bike Barn at 407-824-2742. The two internal buses are called Chip
and Dale. The external bus routes are the Crockett and
To get to:
Magic Kingdom - take an internal bus to the marina and take the Magic Kingdom boat
Epcot - take an external bus to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail
Disney Hollywood Studios - take an external bus to the TTC and take the Disney Hollywood Studios bus
Disney's Animal Kingdom/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park - take an internal bus to the Settlement Depot and take the Disney's Animal Kingdom/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, or Disney's Typhoon Lagoon - take an external bus to the TTC and take a bus from there.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Constantine the Frog to attend Villains Unleashed! event - The "Muppets Most Wanted" villain will be at the Stage One Company Store location near Muppet*Vision 3D.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party reduces number of performances this month - Performance times will be 5:40 and 7:00pm on August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29, 2014. Concrete work taking place on Main Street will limit the number of performances on those days.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Adventureland - Swiss Family Treehouse Exit - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Magic Kingdom.
- Big Hero 6 characters coming to Walt Disney World - A specific date and location for the meet and greet has not yet been announced.
- Frozen Summer Fun extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This celebration has been extended through September 28.
- Top 5 Experiences at Walt Disney World That Don't Cost a Thing! - Walt Disney World can be a very expensive place — between park tickets, hotels, parking costs, meals and snacks, it all adds up very quickly. That’s why it’s important to remember that there are several fantastic experiences at Walt Disney World Resort that don’t cost a thing!
- Club Villain dance party planned for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This will take place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland.
- Blog - New Disney Parks Inspired Coffees from Joffrey's
- Updated list of restaurants that accept Tables in Wonderland - Tables in Wonderland members save 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Video: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
- "Frozen" behind-the-scenes special coming to ABC
- PANDORA Jewelry coming to Disney Parks
- Universal Orlando to build fifth hotel?
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom