Fort Wilderness Resort & CampgroundFort Wilderness Pools/Recreation
The larger main pool and kiddie pools are located near the Meadow Trading Post. One of the many benefits of this resort, is the large number of recreational activities available here.
Keeping with the wilderness theme, guests can go horseback riding, have pony rides, visit the petting farm, and go on nightly hay rides or on fishing excursions along the campground's canals or on Bay Lake. Equipment is available to buy or rent. Those wishing for a little more exercise can rent bicycles, jog on the 2.3 mile jogging trail, do the Fitness Trail, play beach volleyball, basketball, shuffleboard, horseshoes or tetherball, or go on a nature walk along the Swamp Trail.
At the marina, guests can rent canoes, kayaks, sailboats, pedal boats, pontoon boats, water mice or go water-skiing. There are 2 arcades and playground areas for children as well. Two lighted tennis courts are available for tennis buffs. Forget your racquet? No problem, equipment can be rented. Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is also home to the award winning Tri-Circle-D Ranch where the draught horses used to pull the trolleys down Main Street are housed.
A visit to the "lawnmower tree" is fun to see. This is where a tree somehow grew around a lawn mower and can be found just off the sidewalk on the way to the marina.
Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long is held nightly at the Meadow Trading Post and begins with a 7:30 fire lighting (weather permitting). It features
a sing-along, Disney movies and cartoons. Marshmallows
can be toasted over the campfires. You can bring
your own or buy them there. The Chuckwagon is located
there and sells pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, candy
and beverages for those who want something a little more
This entertainment is free to all Walt Disney World resort guests. Also nightly, weather permitting, Bay Lake is the backdrop for the Electrical Water Pageant. Dancing lights on a 1000 foot string of floating barges shimmer over Bay Lake. This seven minute show can be seen from the Fort Wilderness beach and marina around 9:45 p.m. (Check the schedule with guest services.)
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW