Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
These air conditioned free-standing dwellings are approximately 504 square feet, 12' wide by 42' long. Each cabin has a separate bedroom with a double bed, bunk beds and a pull down bed in the living area. The cabins will sleep 6 people. There is a full bathroom, with hair dryer, and a living/dining area. This area has a sofa and cable TV/VCR. The dining area has seating for 6. You'll also be provided with an iron/ironing board.
kitchen has all major appliances: a microwave
oven, dishwasher (with packets of soap), coffee maker,
refrigerator with ice maker, stove/broiler and toaster.
It is fully equipped for all of your cooking and dining
needs (minus the food!): cutlery service for 6, paring
knives, manual can opener, serving spoon, measuring cup,
pitcher, casserole, dinnerware service for 6, platter,
Dutch oven, saucepans, skillet, paper towels, dish towel,
sponge, and a drainboard. Outside each cabin, there is
a small deck with your own charcoal grill and picnic
table. Daily maid service is provided. Check-in is 3 p.m.
and check-out is 11 a.m. When checking into the Wilderness
Cabins, guests must park at the Reception outpost and
check in at the front desk there. There is parking for
one car at your cabin. Please note that vehicular traffic
is restricted at Ft. Wilderness
Internet access: The cabins have wired internet access. The fee is $9.95 per 24 contiguous hours.
TIP: For a location close to the main pool, request a cabin in loops 600 or 800 - 1600.
Fort Wilderness Campsites
Privacy for the 784 campsites throughout the 20 loops, is provided by the lush wilderness. The sites are approximately 25' wide and range from 25' to 65' in length. They are a combination of paved driveway and sandy pad. All sites have running water, electricity, charcoal grills and picnic tables. There are full hook-up sites that provide sanitary disposal.
TIP: Preferred hook-up sites are located
near the Settlement Trading Post, Pioneer Hall and the
marina, and offer cable TV hook-up. These sites
may cost a little more and are found in loops 11 through
500 and 700. To be near the Meadow Trading Post,
campfire program and main pool, request loops 600, or
800 through 1600.
Air conditioned comfort stations are found throughout the resort. They have restrooms, private showers, laundry facilities, an ice maker, and phones. All but the laundry facilities are open 24 hours a day. There is camping gear available to rent for those in need. Pets are allowed in designated areas or can be boarded in a kennel near the entrance to the resort. Check-in time is 1 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests checking in to the campgrounds may register at the drive-through windows at the Reception Outpost.
The "Cabin": There is one special cabin available. It is 12x15 feet and has no inside sink or toilet. There is a comfort station in the vicinity however. Sleeping accommodations consist of two sets of bunk beds, one being a twin over a full size, so the cabin can sleep 5. It is not air-conditioned and guests must bring their own linens. No maid service is provided here. It could be an inexpensive choice of accommodation for those who enjoy "roughing it" with a roof over their heads.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom