Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
These air conditioned free-standing dwellings are approximately 504 square feet, 12' wide by 42' long. Each cabin has a separate bedroom with a double bed, bunk beds and a pull down bed in the living area. The cabins will sleep 6 people. There is a full bathroom, with hair dryer, and a living/dining area. This area has a sofa and cable TV/VCR. The dining area has seating for 6. You'll also be provided with an iron/ironing board.
kitchen has all major appliances: a microwave
oven, dishwasher (with packets of soap), coffee maker,
refrigerator with ice maker, stove/broiler and toaster.
It is fully equipped for all of your cooking and dining
needs (minus the food!): cutlery service for 6, paring
knives, manual can opener, serving spoon, measuring cup,
pitcher, casserole, dinnerware service for 6, platter,
Dutch oven, saucepans, skillet, paper towels, dish towel,
sponge, and a drainboard. Outside each cabin, there is
a small deck with your own charcoal grill and picnic
table. Daily maid service is provided. Check-in is 3 p.m.
and check-out is 11 a.m. When checking into the Wilderness
Cabins, guests must park at the Reception outpost and
check in at the front desk there. There is parking for
one car at your cabin. Please note that vehicular traffic
is restricted at Ft. Wilderness
Internet access: The cabins have wired internet access. The fee is $9.95 per 24 contiguous hours.
TIP: For a location close to the main pool, request a cabin in loops 600 or 800 - 1600.
Fort Wilderness Campsites
Privacy for the 784 campsites throughout the 20 loops, is provided by the lush wilderness. The sites are approximately 25' wide and range from 25' to 65' in length. They are a combination of paved driveway and sandy pad. All sites have running water, electricity, charcoal grills and picnic tables. There are full hook-up sites that provide sanitary disposal.
TIP: Preferred hook-up sites are located
near the Settlement Trading Post, Pioneer Hall and the
marina, and offer cable TV hook-up. These sites
may cost a little more and are found in loops 11 through
500 and 700. To be near the Meadow Trading Post,
campfire program and main pool, request loops 600, or
800 through 1600.
Air conditioned comfort stations are found throughout the resort. They have restrooms, private showers, laundry facilities, an ice maker, and phones. All but the laundry facilities are open 24 hours a day. There is camping gear available to rent for those in need. Pets are allowed in designated areas or can be boarded in a kennel near the entrance to the resort. Check-in time is 1 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests checking in to the campgrounds may register at the drive-through windows at the Reception Outpost.
The "Cabin": There is one special cabin available. It is 12x15 feet and has no inside sink or toilet. There is a comfort station in the vicinity however. Sleeping accommodations consist of two sets of bunk beds, one being a twin over a full size, so the cabin can sleep 5. It is not air-conditioned and guests must bring their own linens. No maid service is provided here. It could be an inexpensive choice of accommodation for those who enjoy "roughing it" with a roof over their heads.
- Blog - Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom