Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Wilderness Lodge address
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 725 plus 181 Villas as part of Disney Vacation Club
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 340 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $25 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Wilderness Lodge Overview
From its opening day in 1994, Disney's Wilderness Lodge has been a guest favorite. The resort was inspired by turn-of-the-century National Parks
Service lodges and was designed by architect Peter Dominick, Jr - the same architect responsible for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Grand Californian Resort and Spa at the Disneyland resort in California. The lakeside lodge is an 8 story,
log-structured building whose centerpiece is the cavernous and awe-inspiring lobby. A massive 82
foot tall, three-sided stone fireplace is surrounded by
rustic-looking, wooden rocking chairs.
tepee chandeliers hang overhead and two 55 foot high totem
poles stand guard at the entrance. The multi-colored
flooring was inspired by Northwest Indian designs.
grand fireplace in the lobby is a recreation of the strata
of the Grand Canyon. Over 100 colors in hues of green, magenta, buff,
red, black and brown are visible, as are fossilized remains
of prehistoric plant and animal life. From the Vishnu Schist to Bass Limestone to Tapeats
Sandstone to the Redwall and Temple Butte Limestone and
finally ending with Kaibab Limestone and Toroweap Formation,
the fireplace represents 2 billion years of the time it
took for the layers of rock to form.
Disney's Wilderness Lodge offers different kinds of accommodations to suit different tastes and needs. There are regular guest rooms, bunk-bed rooms, Deluxe rooms (club level), Honeymoon Rooms, the Yosemite Suite (Vice-Presidential) and the Yellowstone Suite (Presidential). Wilderness Lodge is also home to the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - part of the Disney Vacation Club (Disney's timeshare service). While villas rooms are usually for DVC members , Disney also rents them out as hotel rooms, but we strongly suggest you consider 'renting' points from DVC members. This is done thorugh the DVC Rent/Trade board on DISBoards.com, or via Davids Vacation Rentals.
Most of the 725 guest rooms are 340 square feet in
size and have 2 queen size beds (or one king-sized bed),
writing table with 3 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror,
telephone, nightstand, small key-operated safe, 2 luggage
racks, floor lamp, hair dryer, and clock radio. A mini-fridge is also located in each room. There
are 2 sinks with a mirror in a vanity area separate from
the tub and commode. All guest rooms have complimentary WiFi for internet service.
Some rooms are available with a king-sized bed. These may be handicapped accessible with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There are also rooms available with a set of bunk beds and a queen-sized bed.
Deluxe rooms are another alternative available here. These are two room suites comprised of a sitting room and a large bedroom. The bedrooms may have 2 queen size beds or one king-sized bed. The sofa in the living room is a sleeper sofa. Also found in the suite is a television, wet bar, small fridge, table with 2 chairs, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Deluxe rooms are approximately 500 square feet.
Photo below are of a Deluxe Room.
Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
feature large living areas, with beautiful views of the
neighboring woodlands, or of the pool area. Three types
of accommodations are available here: Studios, One-Bedroom
Suites, and Two-Bedroom Suites.
Deluxe Studio: The Studio offers a queen-sized bed, nightstand, wet bar, armoire, TV and ceiling fan, in a 356 square foot room. Full bathrooms have ceramic tiled floors and storage area in the vanity under the sink. The kitchenette area includes an under-the-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and wet bar. A start-up supply of coffee is provided in addition to coffee mugs, glasses, bowls and plates, and cutlery. The picturesque view can be enjoyed from the private balcony or patio. Handicapped accessible rooms are available here. TIP: If you are a DVC member staying here, there is not daily maid service, and the coffee supply is for one day only. Additional coffee may be brought from home or purchased in the Disney's Wilderness Lodge Mercantile. Note that this applies only to DVC members, non-members staying at this resort receive daily maid service and the supply will be refilled daily. Studios can sleep 4 adults.
One-Bedroom Suite: In the One-Bedroom units, you will find a master suite with a king size bed and master bath complete with a large tub and hair dryer. The unit has a spacious living area, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room (with full-sized washer and dryer), and a private patio or balcony. The bathroom has an extra large shower. The living area has a queen size sleeper sofa, coffee table, end table, TV, VCR, dining table with 4 chairs and an island work area that separates the living area from the kitchen. The fully stocked kitchen features a full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle. The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dinnerware, flatware and glassware service for 8. For cooking you will find a serving platter, vegetable bowl, salad serving bowl, pitcher, 8 piece cookware set (pots, pans, and lids), colander, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cookie sheet, paring knife, cook's knife, whisk, tongs, vegetable peeler, and pot holders. To help make clean up easier, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, linens, a vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, a single load box of laundry detergent, a broom and dustpan are supplied. French doors from the living area and the master suite lead out onto the private patio or balcony, where it makes breakfast on the patio while admiring the view a real treat. A small safe is included to keep your valuables secure. An average One-Bedroom unit is 727 square feet and can accommodate 4 adults and a child under the age of 3 in a crib. TIP: Don't forget to bring the bubble bath for the whirlpool!
Two-Bedroom Suites: The Two-Bedroom units consist of a One-Bedroom Suite and a Deluxe Studio with the adjoining door opened between them. The average Two-Bedroom Suite is 1,080 square feet and can accommodate 8 adults plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
If there are more than 2 adults over the age of 18 in the
same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Casual dining at Disney's Wilderness Lodge can be found at
Fork Snacks and Arcade, which is a counter service
option to dining. Open
from 6 a.m. until midnight, here you will find breakfast,
hamburgers and other grill items, specialty sandwiches, salads,
fruit, healthy snacks, pizza, dessert, beer and non-alcoholic
the name suggests, there is also an arcade.
Dinner is served nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and features Pacific Northwest cuisine. Some of the specialties are cedar-planked salmon, fresh seafood, steak, lamb, pork, wild game appetizers, fresh breads, regional vegetables, and specialty desserts. Wine flights are also offered here. Priority Seating is recommended.
Unlike typical Disney character meals, the waiters at the Whispering Canyon Cafe provide the entertainment and there are crazy antics and lots of good old-fashioned fun. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. All-you-can-eat skillet breakfasts are served as well as a la carte items. Lunch hours are from noon to 3 p.m. and a family skillet dinner is served on a lazy-susan. An a la carte menu that includes sandwiches and salads is also available at lunchtime. Hours for dinner are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. An all-you-can-eat family style skillet dinner featuring barbecued beef, chicken, spare ribs, sausage and smoked turkey is offered. Meats are smoked on the premises. Priority Seating is recommended.
The Territory Lounge is open Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight, and Saturdays and Sundays from 3 p.m. to midnight and serves the resorts own micro-brewed beer, drinks, wines, specialty coffees. From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. appetizers are also available.
The Cubs Den is the childrens activity center at the Wilderness Lodge and is open from 4:30PM to 12 midnight. Children must be between the ages of 3 and 12, and potty trained. There is a charge of $11.25 per hour per child. Activities with the kids are supervised by trained and certified staff and the evening includes dinner and a late snack.
A wide variety of games and activities are held daily at the main pool. The Silver Springs Pool Party takes place each day at 2pm, and games such as 'Giant Board Games', Disney Trivia, and Rubber Ducky Scramble are just some of what's available each day.
Movies under the Stars takes place each night at dusk on the shores of Bay Lake. Check your information packet after check in for specific times and movies. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is usually shown in the train room at the Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Buttons and Bells Game Arcade has a wide variety of video games to suit most age groups. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system where points are purchased and then redeemed by swiping the card each time you want to play a game. Cards can be recharged and used in any arcade on Disney property and points never expire.
The Silver Creek Springs Pool appears to be "spring fed" from the hot spring originating in the lobby. Afternoon recreational water activities are offered daily. Lifeguards are on duty here from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the pool is open from 7 a.m. to midnight. Swimming aids are allowed only in the shallow end of the pool. A water slide, kiddie pool and two spas, (one is hot and the other cooler), are found in the main pool area. In the cooler season, the pool is heated to 82º. Towels are provided at the pool to the right of the Trout Pass poolside bar. There is a sandy beach on the shore of Bay Lake, but swimming there is limited to a roped off wading area.
Teton Boat and Bike Rentals is where a variety of water craft can be rented by the half hour . Boats rented here can travel around Bay Lake and into Seven Seas Lagoon, past the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. If you want to experience the best way to see Wishes fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, fireworks cruises depart from this marina as well. It is strongly recommended that you arrange for these cruises well in advance of your visit as they are very popular and sell out quickly. Fireworks cruises can be booked up to 180 days in advance. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent to arrange your reservation, or contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway tour is conducted Tuesdays thru Saturdays . This segway tour takes you around Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for more information or call 407-WDW-TOUR for reservations.
The 'Wonders of the Lodge Art and Architecture' tour is conducted Wednesday - Saturday at 9AM in the main lobby and is free of charge. The tour highlights the various art work and architecture styles that make up the resort.
The Sturdy Branches Health Club is located on the first floor just inside the Villas section of the resort. 24 hour access is provided by using your Key to the World Card.
Guided Fishing Excursions are available at the Wilderness Lodge. Reservations can be made as little as 24 hours in advance or as much as 90 days in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent can make these reservations for you, or you can contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
The Electrical Water Pagent takes place every night on Bay Lake. This time honored Disney tradition is decidely 'low tech' but very enjoyable and can be seen from the beach along Bay Lake behind the Silver Springs Pool. Times and information are provided in your check in packet at the hotel.
Transportation to the Magic Kingdom is available via boat launch behind the Silver Springs Pool (to the left of Fire Rock Geyser). Buses are provided to all theme parks and Downtown Disney. Bus service runs approximately every 20 minutes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
- Performer lineup for SeaWorld's Bands, Brew and BBQ
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom