Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Wilderness Lodge address
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 725 plus 181 Villas as part of Disney Vacation Club
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 340 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $25 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Wilderness Lodge Overview
From its opening day in 1994, Disney's Wilderness Lodge has been a guest favorite. The resort was inspired by turn-of-the-century National Parks
Service lodges and was designed by architect Peter Dominick, Jr - the same architect responsible for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Grand Californian Resort and Spa at the Disneyland resort in California. The lakeside lodge is an 8 story,
log-structured building whose centerpiece is the cavernous and awe-inspiring lobby. A massive 82
foot tall, three-sided stone fireplace is surrounded by
rustic-looking, wooden rocking chairs.
tepee chandeliers hang overhead and two 55 foot high totem
poles stand guard at the entrance. The multi-colored
flooring was inspired by Northwest Indian designs.
grand fireplace in the lobby is a recreation of the strata
of the Grand Canyon. Over 100 colors in hues of green, magenta, buff,
red, black and brown are visible, as are fossilized remains
of prehistoric plant and animal life. From the Vishnu Schist to Bass Limestone to Tapeats
Sandstone to the Redwall and Temple Butte Limestone and
finally ending with Kaibab Limestone and Toroweap Formation,
the fireplace represents 2 billion years of the time it
took for the layers of rock to form.
Disney's Wilderness Lodge offers different kinds of accommodations to suit different tastes and needs. There are regular guest rooms, bunk-bed rooms, Deluxe rooms (club level), Honeymoon Rooms, the Yosemite Suite (Vice-Presidential) and the Yellowstone Suite (Presidential). Wilderness Lodge is also home to the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - part of the Disney Vacation Club (Disney's timeshare service). While villas rooms are usually for DVC members , Disney also rents them out as hotel rooms, but we strongly suggest you consider 'renting' points from DVC members. This is done thorugh the DVC Rent/Trade board on DISBoards.com, or via Davids Vacation Rentals.
Most of the 725 guest rooms are 340 square feet in
size and have 2 queen size beds (or one king-sized bed),
writing table with 3 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror,
telephone, nightstand, small key-operated safe, 2 luggage
racks, floor lamp, hair dryer, and clock radio. A mini-fridge is also located in each room. There
are 2 sinks with a mirror in a vanity area separate from
the tub and commode. All guest rooms have complimentary WiFi for internet service.
Some rooms are available with a king-sized bed. These may be handicapped accessible with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There are also rooms available with a set of bunk beds and a queen-sized bed.
Deluxe rooms are another alternative available here. These are two room suites comprised of a sitting room and a large bedroom. The bedrooms may have 2 queen size beds or one king-sized bed. The sofa in the living room is a sleeper sofa. Also found in the suite is a television, wet bar, small fridge, table with 2 chairs, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Deluxe rooms are approximately 500 square feet.
Photo below are of a Deluxe Room.
Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
feature large living areas, with beautiful views of the
neighboring woodlands, or of the pool area. Three types
of accommodations are available here: Studios, One-Bedroom
Suites, and Two-Bedroom Suites.
Deluxe Studio: The Studio offers a queen-sized bed, nightstand, wet bar, armoire, TV and ceiling fan, in a 356 square foot room. Full bathrooms have ceramic tiled floors and storage area in the vanity under the sink. The kitchenette area includes an under-the-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and wet bar. A start-up supply of coffee is provided in addition to coffee mugs, glasses, bowls and plates, and cutlery. The picturesque view can be enjoyed from the private balcony or patio. Handicapped accessible rooms are available here. TIP: If you are a DVC member staying here, there is not daily maid service, and the coffee supply is for one day only. Additional coffee may be brought from home or purchased in the Disney's Wilderness Lodge Mercantile. Note that this applies only to DVC members, non-members staying at this resort receive daily maid service and the supply will be refilled daily. Studios can sleep 4 adults.
One-Bedroom Suite: In the One-Bedroom units, you will find a master suite with a king size bed and master bath complete with a large tub and hair dryer. The unit has a spacious living area, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room (with full-sized washer and dryer), and a private patio or balcony. The bathroom has an extra large shower. The living area has a queen size sleeper sofa, coffee table, end table, TV, VCR, dining table with 4 chairs and an island work area that separates the living area from the kitchen. The fully stocked kitchen features a full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle. The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dinnerware, flatware and glassware service for 8. For cooking you will find a serving platter, vegetable bowl, salad serving bowl, pitcher, 8 piece cookware set (pots, pans, and lids), colander, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cookie sheet, paring knife, cook's knife, whisk, tongs, vegetable peeler, and pot holders. To help make clean up easier, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, linens, a vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, a single load box of laundry detergent, a broom and dustpan are supplied. French doors from the living area and the master suite lead out onto the private patio or balcony, where it makes breakfast on the patio while admiring the view a real treat. A small safe is included to keep your valuables secure. An average One-Bedroom unit is 727 square feet and can accommodate 4 adults and a child under the age of 3 in a crib. TIP: Don't forget to bring the bubble bath for the whirlpool!
Two-Bedroom Suites: The Two-Bedroom units consist of a One-Bedroom Suite and a Deluxe Studio with the adjoining door opened between them. The average Two-Bedroom Suite is 1,080 square feet and can accommodate 8 adults plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
If there are more than 2 adults over the age of 18 in the
same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Casual dining at Disney's Wilderness Lodge can be found at
Fork Snacks and Arcade, which is a counter service
option to dining. Open
from 6 a.m. until midnight, here you will find breakfast,
hamburgers and other grill items, specialty sandwiches, salads,
fruit, healthy snacks, pizza, dessert, beer and non-alcoholic
the name suggests, there is also an arcade.
Dinner is served nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and features Pacific Northwest cuisine. Some of the specialties are cedar-planked salmon, fresh seafood, steak, lamb, pork, wild game appetizers, fresh breads, regional vegetables, and specialty desserts. Wine flights are also offered here. Priority Seating is recommended.
Unlike typical Disney character meals, the waiters at the Whispering Canyon Cafe provide the entertainment and there are crazy antics and lots of good old-fashioned fun. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. All-you-can-eat skillet breakfasts are served as well as a la carte items. Lunch hours are from noon to 3 p.m. and a family skillet dinner is served on a lazy-susan. An a la carte menu that includes sandwiches and salads is also available at lunchtime. Hours for dinner are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. An all-you-can-eat family style skillet dinner featuring barbecued beef, chicken, spare ribs, sausage and smoked turkey is offered. Meats are smoked on the premises. Priority Seating is recommended.
The Territory Lounge is open Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight, and Saturdays and Sundays from 3 p.m. to midnight and serves the resorts own micro-brewed beer, drinks, wines, specialty coffees. From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. appetizers are also available.
The Cubs Den is the childrens activity center at the Wilderness Lodge and is open from 4:30PM to 12 midnight. Children must be between the ages of 3 and 12, and potty trained. There is a charge of $11.25 per hour per child. Activities with the kids are supervised by trained and certified staff and the evening includes dinner and a late snack.
A wide variety of games and activities are held daily at the main pool. The Silver Springs Pool Party takes place each day at 2pm, and games such as 'Giant Board Games', Disney Trivia, and Rubber Ducky Scramble are just some of what's available each day.
Movies under the Stars takes place each night at dusk on the shores of Bay Lake. Check your information packet after check in for specific times and movies. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is usually shown in the train room at the Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Buttons and Bells Game Arcade has a wide variety of video games to suit most age groups. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system where points are purchased and then redeemed by swiping the card each time you want to play a game. Cards can be recharged and used in any arcade on Disney property and points never expire.
The Silver Creek Springs Pool appears to be "spring fed" from the hot spring originating in the lobby. Afternoon recreational water activities are offered daily. Lifeguards are on duty here from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the pool is open from 7 a.m. to midnight. Swimming aids are allowed only in the shallow end of the pool. A water slide, kiddie pool and two spas, (one is hot and the other cooler), are found in the main pool area. In the cooler season, the pool is heated to 82º. Towels are provided at the pool to the right of the Trout Pass poolside bar. There is a sandy beach on the shore of Bay Lake, but swimming there is limited to a roped off wading area.
Teton Boat and Bike Rentals is where a variety of water craft can be rented by the half hour . Boats rented here can travel around Bay Lake and into Seven Seas Lagoon, past the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. If you want to experience the best way to see Wishes fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, fireworks cruises depart from this marina as well. It is strongly recommended that you arrange for these cruises well in advance of your visit as they are very popular and sell out quickly. Fireworks cruises can be booked up to 180 days in advance. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent to arrange your reservation, or contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway tour is conducted Tuesdays thru Saturdays . This segway tour takes you around Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for more information or call 407-WDW-TOUR for reservations.
The 'Wonders of the Lodge Art and Architecture' tour is conducted Wednesday - Saturday at 9AM in the main lobby and is free of charge. The tour highlights the various art work and architecture styles that make up the resort.
The Sturdy Branches Health Club is located on the first floor just inside the Villas section of the resort. 24 hour access is provided by using your Key to the World Card.
Guided Fishing Excursions are available at the Wilderness Lodge. Reservations can be made as little as 24 hours in advance or as much as 90 days in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent can make these reservations for you, or you can contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
The Electrical Water Pagent takes place every night on Bay Lake. This time honored Disney tradition is decidely 'low tech' but very enjoyable and can be seen from the beach along Bay Lake behind the Silver Springs Pool. Times and information are provided in your check in packet at the hotel.
Transportation to the Magic Kingdom is available via boat launch behind the Silver Springs Pool (to the left of Fire Rock Geyser). Buses are provided to all theme parks and Downtown Disney. Bus service runs approximately every 20 minutes.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom