Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Wilderness Lodge address
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 725 plus 181 Villas as part of Disney Vacation Club
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 340 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $25 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Wilderness Lodge Overview
From its opening day in 1994, Disney's Wilderness Lodge has been a guest favorite. The resort was inspired by turn-of-the-century National Parks
Service lodges and was designed by architect Peter Dominick, Jr - the same architect responsible for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Grand Californian Resort and Spa at the Disneyland resort in California. The lakeside lodge is an 8 story,
log-structured building whose centerpiece is the cavernous and awe-inspiring lobby. A massive 82
foot tall, three-sided stone fireplace is surrounded by
rustic-looking, wooden rocking chairs.
tepee chandeliers hang overhead and two 55 foot high totem
poles stand guard at the entrance. The multi-colored
flooring was inspired by Northwest Indian designs.
grand fireplace in the lobby is a recreation of the strata
of the Grand Canyon. Over 100 colors in hues of green, magenta, buff,
red, black and brown are visible, as are fossilized remains
of prehistoric plant and animal life. From the Vishnu Schist to Bass Limestone to Tapeats
Sandstone to the Redwall and Temple Butte Limestone and
finally ending with Kaibab Limestone and Toroweap Formation,
the fireplace represents 2 billion years of the time it
took for the layers of rock to form.
Disney's Wilderness Lodge offers different kinds of accommodations to suit different tastes and needs. There are regular guest rooms, bunk-bed rooms, Deluxe rooms (club level), Honeymoon Rooms, the Yosemite Suite (Vice-Presidential) and the Yellowstone Suite (Presidential). Wilderness Lodge is also home to the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - part of the Disney Vacation Club (Disney's timeshare service). While villas rooms are usually for DVC members , Disney also rents them out as hotel rooms, but we strongly suggest you consider 'renting' points from DVC members. This is done thorugh the DVC Rent/Trade board on DISBoards.com, or via Davids Vacation Rentals.
Most of the 725 guest rooms are 340 square feet in
size and have 2 queen size beds (or one king-sized bed),
writing table with 3 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror,
telephone, nightstand, small key-operated safe, 2 luggage
racks, floor lamp, hair dryer, and clock radio. A mini-fridge is also located in each room. There
are 2 sinks with a mirror in a vanity area separate from
the tub and commode. All guest rooms have complimentary WiFi for internet service.
Some rooms are available with a king-sized bed. These may be handicapped accessible with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There are also rooms available with a set of bunk beds and a queen-sized bed.
Deluxe rooms are another alternative available here. These are two room suites comprised of a sitting room and a large bedroom. The bedrooms may have 2 queen size beds or one king-sized bed. The sofa in the living room is a sleeper sofa. Also found in the suite is a television, wet bar, small fridge, table with 2 chairs, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Deluxe rooms are approximately 500 square feet.
Photo below are of a Deluxe Room.
Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
feature large living areas, with beautiful views of the
neighboring woodlands, or of the pool area. Three types
of accommodations are available here: Studios, One-Bedroom
Suites, and Two-Bedroom Suites.
Deluxe Studio: The Studio offers a queen-sized bed, nightstand, wet bar, armoire, TV and ceiling fan, in a 356 square foot room. Full bathrooms have ceramic tiled floors and storage area in the vanity under the sink. The kitchenette area includes an under-the-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and wet bar. A start-up supply of coffee is provided in addition to coffee mugs, glasses, bowls and plates, and cutlery. The picturesque view can be enjoyed from the private balcony or patio. Handicapped accessible rooms are available here. TIP: If you are a DVC member staying here, there is not daily maid service, and the coffee supply is for one day only. Additional coffee may be brought from home or purchased in the Disney's Wilderness Lodge Mercantile. Note that this applies only to DVC members, non-members staying at this resort receive daily maid service and the supply will be refilled daily. Studios can sleep 4 adults.
One-Bedroom Suite: In the One-Bedroom units, you will find a master suite with a king size bed and master bath complete with a large tub and hair dryer. The unit has a spacious living area, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room (with full-sized washer and dryer), and a private patio or balcony. The bathroom has an extra large shower. The living area has a queen size sleeper sofa, coffee table, end table, TV, VCR, dining table with 4 chairs and an island work area that separates the living area from the kitchen. The fully stocked kitchen features a full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle. The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dinnerware, flatware and glassware service for 8. For cooking you will find a serving platter, vegetable bowl, salad serving bowl, pitcher, 8 piece cookware set (pots, pans, and lids), colander, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cookie sheet, paring knife, cook's knife, whisk, tongs, vegetable peeler, and pot holders. To help make clean up easier, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, linens, a vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, a single load box of laundry detergent, a broom and dustpan are supplied. French doors from the living area and the master suite lead out onto the private patio or balcony, where it makes breakfast on the patio while admiring the view a real treat. A small safe is included to keep your valuables secure. An average One-Bedroom unit is 727 square feet and can accommodate 4 adults and a child under the age of 3 in a crib. TIP: Don't forget to bring the bubble bath for the whirlpool!
Two-Bedroom Suites: The Two-Bedroom units consist of a One-Bedroom Suite and a Deluxe Studio with the adjoining door opened between them. The average Two-Bedroom Suite is 1,080 square feet and can accommodate 8 adults plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
If there are more than 2 adults over the age of 18 in the
same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Casual dining at Disney's Wilderness Lodge can be found at
Fork Snacks and Arcade, which is a counter service
option to dining. Open
from 6 a.m. until midnight, here you will find breakfast,
hamburgers and other grill items, specialty sandwiches, salads,
fruit, healthy snacks, pizza, dessert, beer and non-alcoholic
the name suggests, there is also an arcade.
Dinner is served nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and features Pacific Northwest cuisine. Some of the specialties are cedar-planked salmon, fresh seafood, steak, lamb, pork, wild game appetizers, fresh breads, regional vegetables, and specialty desserts. Wine flights are also offered here. Priority Seating is recommended.
Unlike typical Disney character meals, the waiters at the Whispering Canyon Cafe provide the entertainment and there are crazy antics and lots of good old-fashioned fun. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. All-you-can-eat skillet breakfasts are served as well as a la carte items. Lunch hours are from noon to 3 p.m. and a family skillet dinner is served on a lazy-susan. An a la carte menu that includes sandwiches and salads is also available at lunchtime. Hours for dinner are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. An all-you-can-eat family style skillet dinner featuring barbecued beef, chicken, spare ribs, sausage and smoked turkey is offered. Meats are smoked on the premises. Priority Seating is recommended.
The Territory Lounge is open Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight, and Saturdays and Sundays from 3 p.m. to midnight and serves the resorts own micro-brewed beer, drinks, wines, specialty coffees. From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. appetizers are also available.
The Cubs Den is the childrens activity center at the Wilderness Lodge and is open from 4:30PM to 12 midnight. Children must be between the ages of 3 and 12, and potty trained. There is a charge of $11.25 per hour per child. Activities with the kids are supervised by trained and certified staff and the evening includes dinner and a late snack.
A wide variety of games and activities are held daily at the main pool. The Silver Springs Pool Party takes place each day at 2pm, and games such as 'Giant Board Games', Disney Trivia, and Rubber Ducky Scramble are just some of what's available each day.
Movies under the Stars takes place each night at dusk on the shores of Bay Lake. Check your information packet after check in for specific times and movies. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is usually shown in the train room at the Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Buttons and Bells Game Arcade has a wide variety of video games to suit most age groups. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system where points are purchased and then redeemed by swiping the card each time you want to play a game. Cards can be recharged and used in any arcade on Disney property and points never expire.
The Silver Creek Springs Pool appears to be "spring fed" from the hot spring originating in the lobby. Afternoon recreational water activities are offered daily. Lifeguards are on duty here from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the pool is open from 7 a.m. to midnight. Swimming aids are allowed only in the shallow end of the pool. A water slide, kiddie pool and two spas, (one is hot and the other cooler), are found in the main pool area. In the cooler season, the pool is heated to 82º. Towels are provided at the pool to the right of the Trout Pass poolside bar. There is a sandy beach on the shore of Bay Lake, but swimming there is limited to a roped off wading area.
Teton Boat and Bike Rentals is where a variety of water craft can be rented by the half hour . Boats rented here can travel around Bay Lake and into Seven Seas Lagoon, past the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. If you want to experience the best way to see Wishes fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, fireworks cruises depart from this marina as well. It is strongly recommended that you arrange for these cruises well in advance of your visit as they are very popular and sell out quickly. Fireworks cruises can be booked up to 180 days in advance. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent to arrange your reservation, or contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway tour is conducted Tuesdays thru Saturdays . This segway tour takes you around Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for more information or call 407-WDW-TOUR for reservations.
The 'Wonders of the Lodge Art and Architecture' tour is conducted Wednesday - Saturday at 9AM in the main lobby and is free of charge. The tour highlights the various art work and architecture styles that make up the resort.
The Sturdy Branches Health Club is located on the first floor just inside the Villas section of the resort. 24 hour access is provided by using your Key to the World Card.
Guided Fishing Excursions are available at the Wilderness Lodge. Reservations can be made as little as 24 hours in advance or as much as 90 days in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent can make these reservations for you, or you can contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
The Electrical Water Pagent takes place every night on Bay Lake. This time honored Disney tradition is decidely 'low tech' but very enjoyable and can be seen from the beach along Bay Lake behind the Silver Springs Pool. Times and information are provided in your check in packet at the hotel.
Transportation to the Magic Kingdom is available via boat launch behind the Silver Springs Pool (to the left of Fire Rock Geyser). Buses are provided to all theme parks and Downtown Disney. Bus service runs approximately every 20 minutes.
- Blog - Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom