Valentine's Day in the Disney area
February 14, 2014
There are plenty of ways to plan a bit of romance during your visit. From something simple to a luxury splurge, love is in the air no matter what your budget.
On Valentine's Day, the princes will be at meet and greets with their princesses. This is a special opportunity to see them together!
Spend Valentine's Day with your sweetheart swimming with dolphins and snorkeling with rays.
Choose from three add-on packages:
- Celebration Package: a buoy with a personalized message delivered by a dolphin, souvenir frame or plush toy, Discovery Cove Signature tote bag, and 25% off the Adventure or Discovery photo package. Price: $129 ($229 with private cabana)
- Elite Package: includes everything from the Celebration Package, plus a private cabana and the Discovery Photo Package (valued at $219 and includes an assortment of photo prints, digital photo CD, Dolphin Interaction DVD, poster, key rings and a photo album). Price: $359
Packages are in addition to park admission and require the purchase of the dolphin swim package.
These packages are available year-round. Call
1-877-557-7404 to book.
Harbor Nights Romantico 2014
2/07/14 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Enjoy a romantic night under the stars with wine, gourmet food and live music at the waterside piazza.
$45 in advance and $55 at the door. Reserved seating is available for $75 in advance and $85 at the door. This will give guests access to a private wine station and passed hors d'oeuvres. To book, call 407-503-1200.
Walt Disney World suggestions:
Surprise your loved one with a spa treatment, or better yet, schedule a couple's massage.
Take an adventurous tandem parasail over Bay Lake. Spend 10 minutes flying above Disney and see the Magic Kingdom like you've never seen it before.
Renew your vows at Disney's Wedding Pavilion, located at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. More than 1,000 couples each year say their marriage vows here. Arrive for the wedding in Cinderella's glass coach or have Mickey and Minnie greet your guests!
Order flowers, champagne, or a unique Disney keepsake through the Disney Florist
Walk over to the Wedding Pavilion at the Grand Floridian and reminisce about your own wedding (or planned wedding if the case may be)
Watch the cheesy horror movie clips while dining "under the stars" at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre.
Most of the resort gift shops sell more than postcards. You can often find a selection of wine that you can enjoy in your room. You can also purchase wine at the World Showcase in Epcot. (Just make sure you have the proper tools to open it.) Pick up some chocolates while you're at it and you're all set.
Experience a horse-drawn carriage ride at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground or Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside. Enjoy a 45-minute horseback ride through the trails of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Get a souvenir photo of the two of you.
Splurge on a once-in-a-lifetime meal at Victoria & Albert's and enjoy the atmosphere of a AAA Five-Diamond award-winning restaurant. If you're looking to splurge even more, try out an evening at the intimate chef's table where you will be treated to a custom-designed feast.
Enjoy a specialty cruise and watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom or IllumiNations at Epcot.
Instead of using the buses or water ferry from Disney's Hollywood Studios, walk along the water's edge to the Boardwalk.
While at the Boardwalk, act like a kid again while playing carnival games. You may be lucky and win your sweetie a stuffed toy. You can rent a Surrey Bike built for two to cap off your day.
Order in a romantic room service meal.
Planning to pop the question at Walt Disney World? This is a popular option:
Magical Proposal Packages at Cinderella's Royal Table
This all-inclusive dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table features a specially created Chocolate Slipper Dessert, an engraved Glass Slipper in which the ring is presented, champagne flutes and more. Requires 7 days advance notice: Call 407-824-4477 or email email@example.com for pricing, details and proposal arrangements.
Another choice is to contact the Walt Disney Florist at 407-827-3505 to assist you with ideas to make the moment memorable.
Cinderella's Castle is a wonderful backdrop when proposing and there are always Disney photopass photographers close by. Want to avoid having a bazillion strangers in the background of your photo? Head to the castle and go to the photo spot on the right. You'll have a railing behind you instead of other guests. There's a similar spot in front of the Crystal Plaza Restaurant.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW