DCL Onboard Activities & Entertainment
The Disney Cruise Ships are the destination, but there is so much to do onboard for guests of ages!
- Adults Only Activities
- Children's Activities
- Fun for the Whole Family
- Disney Cruise Line Shows
- Onboard Shopping
- Disney Cruise Line Onboard Movies
- Sporting Activities
- Fitness Center
- Computer Terminal Locations
- Disney Cruise Line Personal Navigators
- Seasonal Activities
Mention the word "Disney" to most people and the first word that comes to mind is "children". Happily, Disney Cruise Line recognizes that adults need their own cruise experience. They have designed the ship and activities so that adults have their own exclusive sections to enjoy.
Click Here for more information
Fulfilling the needs of children and families is one of the things that Disney does best, and the Disney Cruise Line ships are no exception. Children may choose to participate in the organized programs of the Oceaneer Club and Lab, or enjoy a variety of activities that are available throughout the day. Slipping and sliding down the chute into Mickey's Pool, splashing and having fun in the sun in Goofy's Family Pool, stretching in a morning workout at Goofy's Family Fitness, family line dancing and ping pong are some of the many physical activities that you'll find aboard these magnificent ships.
Click here for more information
- Need to Know Info for Kids
- Disney Wonder and Magic
- Disney Dream and Fantasy
Studio Sea can be found on the Wonder and the Magic and is situated on deck 4 mid-ship. You can bring the whole family in for "Family Karaoke" or compete in a dance contest, join the crew for a "Meet the Crew" party, or see a comedy show. Studio Sea hosts a number of fun and exciting activities which are sure to satisfy everyone's taste.
D Lounge is located on the Disney Dream and Fantasy on Deck 4 midship. This is a great place for families to hang out and play games together. Disney Cruise staff have 20 different activities planned throughout the day and night, so there should be something for everyone in your family to enjoy. Some examples are:
- Family Fusion - Guests take the stage to test their knowledge of their families and see how well they can work together in a series of challenges.
- Anyone Can Cook - Learn how to disguise healthy food, create a romantic dinner, and much more.
- Towel Folding - Learn how to make those amazing towel animals that you've been finding in your staterooms.
Each evening at the Walt Disney Theatre, a special show is offered for your entertainment.
On the Disney Magic there's "The Golden Mickeys", "Disney Dreams" and "Twice Charmed, An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story." On some voyages you may be treated to a "Prem-Ear" of a new blockbuster Disney movie, or a variety show.
The Disney Dream presents 3 stage shows. The newest show, "Disney's Believe", is a 50-minute show featuring over 20 popular characters like Cinderella, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins and Belle. It tells the story of a busy father who learns a lesson about the important things in life, like spending time with his daughter. "The Golden Mickeys: A Timeless Tribute" is a popular show from the Wonder and the Magic, but has a few new twists onboard the Dream. The Little Mermaid's Ariel performs an aerial ballet and the Tangled characters, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider perform a romantic duet. "Villains Tonight" is a musical comedy starring such Disney villains as Ursula, the Evil Queen, Captain Hook and Scar.
The Disney Fantasy presents 3 stage shows - "Disney's Believe," "Disney Wishes," and "Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular." "Disney Wishes" is a 45-minute musical tells the story of three friends celebrating high school graduation with a trip to Disneyland. The friends are learning about growing up and what to expect in the future, which leads to several musical numbers with Disney characters. The show involves scenes and characters from "Tangled," "Lilo and Stitch," "Jungle Book," and many others. "Wishes" ends with the song "Breakthrough" from the Disney Channel movie "Lemonade Mouth."
"Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular" is a musical comedy with many of the classic scenes and songs from the film. A stage version can also be seen at Disney California Adventure. At times, performers will be in the aisles of the theater, making guests feel like they're a part of the show. A new song, "To Be Free," is included and was written for the show by Alan Menken, who composed the original score.
There's also the Buena Vista Theatre on board which plays first-run Disney movies morning, afternoon and night, some in Digital 3-D. The theater is decorated in the Art Deco style of the 1920s and 1930s.
Onboard Shopping Information stateroom, you can watch movies on the All Movie channel or the Disney Animated movie channel. You also have the option of watching first run Disney films in the Buena Vista Theater (these can be live action or animated).
Just because you're on a cruise ship, doesn't mean you can't keep up with your workouts! All the Disney ships are equipped with top of the line recreational areas. There are pools for every age group - from the Mickey Pool for the littlest ones, to the Quiet Cove Pool for adults only. Every kind of sport you can imagine is available - basketball, shuffleboard, ping pong, soccer, volleyball, and even golf! If you just want a traditional workout, visit the Fitness Center and check out the weight machines and ellipticals. Aerobic and yoga classes are offered and personal trainers are available if you need a little guidance.
For more info, click here.
Click here for more information Navigators Infomation
- Kids will enjoy the trick or treat hunt searching multiple decks and visiting different treat stations to collect candy.
- Haunted Parties for kids and teens - The Disney characters will be wearing their costumes, so make sure you dress up too!
- Adult can join in on the fun with a late night costume contest and party.
- Spooky Movies will be shown in the Buena Vista Theatre, the Ariel Vision screen and in staterooms.
- The Disney Cruise Line chefs work their magic in the kitchen on some special Halloween treats.
NOTE: NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you plan on being a pirate, leave your plastic cutlass at home as no weapon, real or fake, is permitted.
A Thanksgiving feast will be served. Mickey and Minnie will be meeting and greeting guests while dressed in traditional Thanksgiving garb. Kids will enjoy holiday crafts and the jumbo LED screen Funnel Vision will feature the NFL football games being broadcast that day.
Onboard Winter Holiday Events
- "King Triton's Tree Lighting" in the atrium. A child will assist the Disney characters as the three-deck-tall tree is lit.
- Disney characters pose for photos and autographs in the atrium dressed in holiday outfits.
- Special holiday crafts which could include making holiday cards, decorating stockings, decorating gingerbread houses and creating holiday animation cells.
- Holiday storytellers sharing tales of Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. There's even a story written just for guests of Disney Cruise Line about the magical feeling of the holidays on a ship.
- Holiday caroling by international crew members
- Disney Cruise Line holiday merchandise
- Sunset Hanukkah services every day 12/8-12/16, Christmas services, including midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.
- On Christmas morning, Santa Claus and his elves will be at the Christmas tree in the atrium with surprises for the kids, along with cookies and milk.
- Holiday edition of "Till We Meet Again" on the last evening of the cruise.
Castaway Cay at Christmas
- Holiday Carolers, Christmas trees, Character meet and greets and "snow flurries" on Disney's private island
- Photo ops with Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, complete with their shell noses and tropical shirts
- The tram is decorated like a reindeer with antlers and a tail.
Christmas by the Numbers (Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream)
On the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy more than 300 custom designed décor pieces adorn each ship, including:
- Garland more than three football fields long (1,016 feet on the Disney Dream and 931 feet on the Disney Fantasy). That’s nearly enough to stretch the entire length of each ship!
- 66 holiday sprays ranging from 15 inches to six feet.
- Wreaths ranging from 24 inches to five feet in diameter (29 wreaths on the Disney Dream and 27 on the Disney Fantasy).
- Christmas trees ranging from two feet to 20 feet (41 trees on the Disney Dream and 39 on the Disney Fantasy).
- One 20-foot-tall tree takes center stage in the atrium lobby weighing more than one ton and featuring 300 branches and more than 20,000 white LED lights.
- Unique holiday decor is created for specific locations around the ship. Themes include bright colors in the kids clubs, holographic foliage for the teen and tween spaces, and elegant accents for the adult areas. Customized ornaments include a paint brush and palette in Animator's Palate, Mr. Potato Head in Oceaneer Club and colorful tropical fish in Cabanas.
New Year's Eve Party with DJ, sparkling wine in commemorative flutes, confetti and balloon drop at midnight.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.