Sun-kissed St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands. Your ship docks at Charlotte Amalie, the capital of this region.
St. Thomas has a colorful history including the era when pirates sailed the seas. Legend has it that Blackbeard and Bluebeard sought safe harbor here.
Its ideal location made St. Thomas the key shipping and distribution center for the West Indies. The port now welcomes the major cruise lines and is one of the more popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean.
You'll find charming shops lining the oceanside vista. St. Thomas invites you to play on white-sand beaches, explore ancient mysteries or soak in tropical atmosphere on a biking tour. Play a round of golf at one of the most beautiful courses in the West Indies, scuba dive through spectacular living reefs, or sail on a charming excursion to the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John. Here warm waters welcome you to windsurf, parasail, or master the waves on a kayak built for two.
St. Thomas Shore Excursions:
St. Thomas and St. John
St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour (5 hours)
You'll be taken by ferryboat to St. John, approximately 45 minutes, and then driven to beautiful Trunk Bay. Along the way, soak in the lush surroundings of the island. Once at Trunk Bay, you'll have the option to swim, snorkel or simply relax for approximately 1-1.5 hours. Snorkel equipment is provided.
Price: $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Island Tour (5 hours)
Enjoy the 45-minute ferry ride from St. Thomas as you come upon the unspoiled beauty of St. John, approximately three quarters of which is designated as National Parks. A safari bus will stop at both the Annaberg ruins and breathtaking views of neighboring islands.
Price: $39 (ages 10 & up) Child: $29
St. John Eco Hike (5.5 hours)
A scenic ferry from St. Thomas lets you off at Cruz Bay, where you'll have 90 minutes to enjoy a 1.2-mile hike, with stops at Lind Lookout and Honeymoon Beach where you will have approximately one hour to swim before continuing your tour to famous Caneel Bay Plantation. Please wear tennis or hiking shoes.
Price: $59 (ages 6 & up) Child: $49
5-Star St. John Snorkel and Beach Adventure (4-4.5 hours)
On this adventure, one of our most requested excursions, you'll board the 115-foot Leylon Sneed, which will transport you from St. Thomas to Trunk Bay in St. John. Once anchored, you'll have time to snorkel, swim and sunbathe. Snorkel equipment is provided, as well as fruit punch and rum punch, after snorkeling.
Price $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Barefoot Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (4-4.5 hours)
This alluring excursion starts with a a scenic drive to La Vida Marina, where you'll board the Allure to a palm-fringed beach on St. John. While at the beach, there will be time to sunbathe, swim or snorkel (equipment provided).
Price: $75 Child: $55 (ages 3-9)
Certified Scuba Diving Adventure (4 hours)
A certification card is required for all divers to explore the exciting waters of St. Thomas. Certified divers who have completed at least one dive within the past 2 years can explore the waters of St. Thomas with this two-tank dive. Your first dive goes to a vibrant reef, normally to a maximum depth of 60 feet. The second, shallower dive is usually to a shipwreck. Scuba equipment and professional supervision provided, wet suit not included.
Price: $94 (12 & up)
Doubloon Sail & Snorkel Tour (3.5 hours)
Join the excitement! Help raise the sails of Doubloon, a 65-foot classic schooner that will take you to Turtle Cove, near Buck Island. Here, you will anchor and have time to snorkel and swim among a coral garden. Snacks, beverages and snorkel equipment are included.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $32 (ages 5-9)
Buck Island Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (3.5-4 hours)
Learn to harness the wind from a knowledgeable two-person crew as you cruise along on an exclusive six-person yacht. Drop anchor in Turtle Cove at Buck Island and snorkel among the vibrant coral garden. Snacks and open bar are provided after snorkeling.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. Thomas Island Tour (2.5 hours)
See the sights in an open-air safari bus as you take in the natural beauty of the island Enjoy the spectacular view from Peter's Great House where you will leave a self guided tour and continue your tour to Mountain Top, the highest point of the island.
Price: $35 (ages 10 & up) Child: $24 (ages 3-9)
Coral World & Island Drive (3.5 hours)
Pet a shark or starfish at one of the world's few underwater observatories, Coral World, where you can observe marine life without getting wet! Then, discover some of St. Thomas' most spectacular views on a scenic island drive.
Price: $41 (ages 10 & up) Child: $30 (ages 3-9)
Water Island Mountain Bike Adventure (3.5 hours)
Begin your two-wheeled adventure with a short boat ride to Water Island, then experience the beauty and history of this island as you explore the terrain by mountain bike. This fun-filled excursion also includes a beach stop for some swimming or relaxing after your biking excursion.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 & up only)
Kayak Marine Sanctuary Tour (3.5-4 hours)
One of our most interesting excursions! Kayak 45 minutes through the mangroves with a guide who will point out interesting facts along the way. You'll stop for 30 minutes at Bovoni Point, where you can snorkel or walk along the beach.
Price: $60 (ages 10 & up only)
Magen's Bay Beach Break (4.5 - 5 hours)
Head to St. Thomas' finest beach for a day in the Caribbean sun. Along the 25 minute scenic drive, you'll stop at Drake's Seat known for it's incredible views of the bay and Down Island. Next, you arrive at Magen's Bay where you can swim, stroll along the water's edge or simply relax in a beach chair. Water is provided, food is available for purchase. Floats and water toys can be rented.
Price: $44 (ages 10 & up) Child: $33 (ages 3 - 9) Children under age 3 are free
St. John Island Tour (5 - 5.5 hours)
You'll take a scenic boat ride to St. John where your tour of this beautiful island begins. Among the sites you'll visit are the Annaberg Ruins. You'll want your camera ready to capture the incomparable views from this Caribbean gem.
Price: $42 (ages 10 & up) Child: $31 (ages 0 - 9)
Teen Wild Ride (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. Teens will love the awesome manuevers as they fishtail, spin, and power brake on this wild ride.
Price: $52 (Ages 13 -17)
Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. While on your 40 minute cruise, you'll make exciting 180 degree turns and fishtail in this vessel built for speed.
Price: $55 (ages 10 & up) Child: $44 (ages 5-9) No one under age 5
Cas Cay Nature Walk & Snorkel (4 - 4.5 hours)
After a brief 10 minute boat ride, you arrive at an offshore cay where your adventure begins. You'll visit a wildlife sanctuary where you can explore the delicate ecosystem. Next, you'll head to a Marine sanctuary for snorkeling in it's protected waters. Nature guides accompany you on your incredible journey through this unspoiled land. Participants must be in good physical condition. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Price: $59 (ages 10 to 76) Child: $49 (Ages 6 - 9)
Historic Blackbeard's Hill & Walking Tour (3.5 hours)
Enjoy a scenic narrated drive ascending 1000 feet to Skyline Drive overlooking the beautiful bay of Charlotte Amalie. Next you explore the historical highlights with your guide, roam through Haggensen House or Notman's Manor, basking in their 17th century décor, before stopping to shop in the Mecca of the Caribbean, Charlotte Amalie.
Price: $31 (ages 10 & up) Child: $20 (ages 3-9)
Golf at Mahogany Run (5-6 hours)
Enjoy a round of golf at this scenic 18-hole, par 70 course totaling 6,022 yards. Designed by George and Tom Fazio, Mahogany Run's spectacular views make it one of the most-photographed courses in the Caribbean. Includes green fees for 18 holes, a golf cart and transportation. Rental clubs are available at the course for an additional fee.
Price: $164 (ages 10 & up only)
Captain Nautica's St. John Snorkeling Expedition (3.5-4 hours)
Climb aboard the captain's speedboat to be whisked away to a pair of incomparable snorkeling sites. Explore colorful coral formations amid abundant aquatic life - you might even spot stingrays, turtles and spotted eagle rays. Light snacks and beverages provided.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $57 (ages 8-9)
Paradise Point Tramway (1 hour)
Drink in the spectacular vistas while enjoying a frozen libation from a moving room with a view! The scenic Paradise Point Tramway takes you to the top of the point, where you can enjoy the shops, nature trail and cafe - and don't miss the tropical bird shows held twice daily.
Adult Price: $15 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $8 (ages 5-9)
Children under 5 are free
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A Guide To A Happy Disney Vacation
- Beach Side Bonfire buffet opens at Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel
- August merchandise events for Walt Disney World
- Booking for Food & Wine Festival premium events is now open
- List of signature dinners available at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Tickets are now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland
- 5 things you should do when first walking into your Disney hotel room
- Garden Grill adding character breakfast and lunch November 8
- Food & Wine Festival dining events will open to Disney Visa cardmembers July 28
- Save up to 30% on rooms at Walt Disney World: book-by date extended
- Panama Canal cruise discounted for members of the U.S. Military
- Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters coming to California Adventure
- Disney Descendants Line Brings Teenage Sons & Daughters of Villains to Life
- Ice Palace Boutique opens at Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance...26.2 Ways to Include Your Family In Your WDW Marathon Training
- Exclusive Disney Visa cardholder dining events at Food & Wine Festival
- Option now available to opt out of receiving new MagicBands with reservation
- Martha's Vineyard Wine Pairings to be held at Disney's Yacht Club
- When Did It All Start? When Was Your First Visit?
- 4:00pm Hoop Dee Doo show on 7/24 is cancelled
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort set to open July 14, 2016
- Glidden to open "Colortopia" in Innoventions this fall
- Disney Dream changes names of two lounges in The District
- Family's Guide to Universal: Twister...Ride It Out
- Overview of the new high-tech laundry rooms at Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: Pirates of the Caribbean 4K Ride-Through
- I was there July 17, 2015: Disneyland's 60th birthday
- Save up to 25% at select Disney Resorts
- Kid-sized package offer starting at just $903
- Magical Family Fall Package offer available for Walt Disney World resorts
- Some tips to enjoying Epcot while you wait for your FastPass time
- TripAdvisor honors Islands of Adventure as the world's top theme park
- Fantasmic testing assigned seating locations
- Captain EO has reopened at Epcot
- Frosty Treats to Beat the Heat at Walt Disney World
- Annual passholder and DVC discounts available at The BOATHOUSE
- New "Escape to Walt's Wilderness" tour offered
- VIDEO: Disneyland 60th Anniversary Re-Dedication Ceremony
- VIDEO: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride 4K Ride-Through
- Disney Myth Buster: Doesn't Disney Get Boring Year After Year?
- Menus released for 2015 Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces
- Insidious coming to Halloween Horror Nights
- Ice Palace Boutique coming to Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!
- Dates announced for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland
- Save up to 20% on Premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique coming to the Disney Magic this fall
- Beach Side Bonfire Buffet coming to the Paradise Pier Hotel
- Looking for Mickey Quest at Disneyland beginning 7/16/15
- Prince Harry's Invictus Games coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Registration for 2016 Disney's Princess Half Marathon now open
- Booking for Food & Wine Festival premium events begins July 30
- The Artistry of Wine & Cheese marketplaces will be offered in Epcot's Future World
- Walt Disney Archives adds presentations at the D23 Expo
- A New Tour in Epcot - World Showcase DestiNations Discovered
- Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa: An Overlooked DVC Resort
- Polynesian Village Resort East Pool closing for refurb 7/13/15
- Wilderness Lodge pool refurb will begin 10/26/15
- Disneyland Resort event celebrating the Tahitian Terrace
- Itinerary change for 7-night Caribbean sailings from San Juan
- Itinerary change for select 4-night Bahamas sailings from Miami
- New WineStation installed at the Napa Rose restaurant
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 3 - Royal Pacific Resort
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 2 - Hard Rock Hotel
- Chef Art's Florida Fish Camp planned for Disney Springs
- Soundstage Lounge opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Walking in Walt's Footsteps: Marceline Edition Part 2
- D23 Expo releases more event details and times
- Blog - Tea Traders Cafe Opens at Disney Springs
- Several narrators announced for 2015 Candlelight Processional
- Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza coming to Disney Springs
- How to Add a Subtle Touch of Disney to your Work Space or Home
- Forever Remembered at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 1 - Portofino Bay Hotel
- Changes to Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party begin today
- Typhoon Lagoon hosts After-hours Neighborhood Beach Bash for DVC members
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Two new Food & Wine Festival marketplaces coming to Future World
- ABC's "The Chew" to tape live from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Disney Family Culinary Adventure teaches chefs' cooking techniques
- Disney to stream 4th of July fireworks live from the Magic Kingdom
- Tips for touring Walt Disney World at its worst (crowds), so you can be at your best
- Hoop Dee Doo 8:00 show is cancelled on July 4th
- Family's Guide to Universal: Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
- Disneyland asks guests to dress like 1955 on the 60th
- Walking in Walt’s Footsteps: Marceline Edition Part 1
- D23 Expo adds Mouseketeer reunion to its schedule
- Updated menu for Gardens Kiosk at Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant reopens with a few menu changes
- Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- When you are shaped more like Buzz or Woody than Snow White
- Confirmed: The Magic of Disney Animation will close July 12
- Independence Day events at the Disneyland Resort
- Walt Disney World merchandise events for July 2015
- D-Zone relaxation area to be added to Innoventions West
- Captain EO to return to Epcot July 19
- Animal Kingdom Updates
- Flame Tree BBQ restaurant rehab extended through June 29
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan pricing
- Family's Guide to Universal: MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
- Classic Shows Breathe New Life Thanks to FastPass+
- List of 2016 Disney Dining Plan participating restaurants
- What Souvenirs Are Worth The Money At A Disney Park?
- Walking in Walt's Footsteps: Kansas City Edition
- Animal Kingdom to test opening the Oasis area 30 minutes early
- Hot Cheese Sauce removed from Disney World counter service restaurants
- Registration details for Tables in Wonderland's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview
- Walt Disney World plans 4th of July festivities
- Living with the Land will be closed for a week in September
- Annual passholder and DVC discounts added to World Showcase DestiNations Discovered tour
- Candlelight Processional dates and dining package prices
- Splash Mountain added to evening Extra Magic Hours
- Coronado Springs fitness center and Casitas pool to be closed for 3 months
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages released
- Great Movie Ride offers new photo op
- Disney resort pools hosting Disney Jr. Pool Parties
- Be Prepared! EPCOT’s Plan for the Massive Influx of Children Will Be... Nothing?
- Animal Kingdom Starbucks donates portion of sales for animal conservation
- Review: 'Inside Out' is an important success for Pixar
- Watch faces soon available for MagicBands
- Family's Guide to Universal: Revenge of the Mummy
- Discounted two round golf pass available
- Starbucks opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- A Tale of Two Disney Birthdays
- 2016 Aulani vacation packages now available for booking
- Experiencing the Disney theme parks while pregnant
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando is closing December 31, 2016
- Zuri's Sweets Shop opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! begins today at Hollywood Studios
- New events announced for 2015 D23 Expo
- Shipboard credits offered by Dreams Unlimited Travel
- Walt Disney World package offers available for families
- Summer room only offer for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders
- Tips for planning your 2016 Walt Disney World vacation
- Rustlin' up some grub at Disney's Trail's End Restaurant
- Summer room offer for Florida residents
- Review: Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Star Wars Weekends
- Zuri's Sweets Shop coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom
- New spring additions added to Steakhouse 55 menu
- Universal Orlando presents Freddy vs. Jason during Halloween Horror Nights
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus
- A World of Lights: Aulani Edition
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages open for booking June 22!
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant doing away with separate lunch and dinner times
- Taking a Disney Babymoon: 10 Ways to Make it Extra Special
- Booking for 2016 Adventures by Disney trips now open
- Tips for saving money on a Disney vacation
- What to Wear in Disneyland (Not Made by Mice or a Fairy Godmother)
- Prague Adventure added as pre- or post-stay for Danube River Cruise
- Adventures by Disney releases details on cruise enhancements
- Adventures by Disney releases 2016 itinerary dates
- Universal Orlando experiences power outage on 25th anniversary
- Norway Pavilion's Frozen attraction rumored to be opening May 1, 2016
- Pizzafari will no longer serve breakfast
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab begins
- Starbucks to open at Animal Kingdom June 18
- "Frozen Fever" short to be shown at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- PhotoPass to be available at Disney water parks
- Kids golf free in the afternoons at Aulani
- Blog - Disney Parks Take Top Six Spots In America Last Year
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Jiko Wine Dinner
- Bus Roulette at Walt Disney World
- Mickey's Backyard BBQ now open 4 days per week
- 5 Surprisingly Romantic Spots in a Disney Park
- Ant-Man sneak peak coming to California Adventure