Sun-kissed St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands. Your ship docks at Charlotte Amalie, the capital of this region.
St. Thomas has a colorful history including the era when pirates sailed the seas. Legend has it that Blackbeard and Bluebeard sought safe harbor here.
Its ideal location made St. Thomas the key shipping and distribution center for the West Indies. The port now welcomes the major cruise lines and is one of the more popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean.
You'll find charming shops lining the oceanside vista. St. Thomas invites you to play on white-sand beaches, explore ancient mysteries or soak in tropical atmosphere on a biking tour. Play a round of golf at one of the most beautiful courses in the West Indies, scuba dive through spectacular living reefs, or sail on a charming excursion to the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John. Here warm waters welcome you to windsurf, parasail, or master the waves on a kayak built for two.
St. Thomas Shore Excursions:
St. Thomas and St. John
St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour (5 hours)
You'll be taken by ferryboat to St. John, approximately 45 minutes, and then driven to beautiful Trunk Bay. Along the way, soak in the lush surroundings of the island. Once at Trunk Bay, you'll have the option to swim, snorkel or simply relax for approximately 1-1.5 hours. Snorkel equipment is provided.
Price: $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Island Tour (5 hours)
Enjoy the 45-minute ferry ride from St. Thomas as you come upon the unspoiled beauty of St. John, approximately three quarters of which is designated as National Parks. A safari bus will stop at both the Annaberg ruins and breathtaking views of neighboring islands.
Price: $39 (ages 10 & up) Child: $29
St. John Eco Hike (5.5 hours)
A scenic ferry from St. Thomas lets you off at Cruz Bay, where you'll have 90 minutes to enjoy a 1.2-mile hike, with stops at Lind Lookout and Honeymoon Beach where you will have approximately one hour to swim before continuing your tour to famous Caneel Bay Plantation. Please wear tennis or hiking shoes.
Price: $59 (ages 6 & up) Child: $49
5-Star St. John Snorkel and Beach Adventure (4-4.5 hours)
On this adventure, one of our most requested excursions, you'll board the 115-foot Leylon Sneed, which will transport you from St. Thomas to Trunk Bay in St. John. Once anchored, you'll have time to snorkel, swim and sunbathe. Snorkel equipment is provided, as well as fruit punch and rum punch, after snorkeling.
Price $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Barefoot Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (4-4.5 hours)
This alluring excursion starts with a a scenic drive to La Vida Marina, where you'll board the Allure to a palm-fringed beach on St. John. While at the beach, there will be time to sunbathe, swim or snorkel (equipment provided).
Price: $75 Child: $55 (ages 3-9)
Certified Scuba Diving Adventure (4 hours)
A certification card is required for all divers to explore the exciting waters of St. Thomas. Certified divers who have completed at least one dive within the past 2 years can explore the waters of St. Thomas with this two-tank dive. Your first dive goes to a vibrant reef, normally to a maximum depth of 60 feet. The second, shallower dive is usually to a shipwreck. Scuba equipment and professional supervision provided, wet suit not included.
Price: $94 (12 & up)
Doubloon Sail & Snorkel Tour (3.5 hours)
Join the excitement! Help raise the sails of Doubloon, a 65-foot classic schooner that will take you to Turtle Cove, near Buck Island. Here, you will anchor and have time to snorkel and swim among a coral garden. Snacks, beverages and snorkel equipment are included.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $32 (ages 5-9)
Buck Island Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (3.5-4 hours)
Learn to harness the wind from a knowledgeable two-person crew as you cruise along on an exclusive six-person yacht. Drop anchor in Turtle Cove at Buck Island and snorkel among the vibrant coral garden. Snacks and open bar are provided after snorkeling.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. Thomas Island Tour (2.5 hours)
See the sights in an open-air safari bus as you take in the natural beauty of the island Enjoy the spectacular view from Peter's Great House where you will leave a self guided tour and continue your tour to Mountain Top, the highest point of the island.
Price: $35 (ages 10 & up) Child: $24 (ages 3-9)
Coral World & Island Drive (3.5 hours)
Pet a shark or starfish at one of the world's few underwater observatories, Coral World, where you can observe marine life without getting wet! Then, discover some of St. Thomas' most spectacular views on a scenic island drive.
Price: $41 (ages 10 & up) Child: $30 (ages 3-9)
Water Island Mountain Bike Adventure (3.5 hours)
Begin your two-wheeled adventure with a short boat ride to Water Island, then experience the beauty and history of this island as you explore the terrain by mountain bike. This fun-filled excursion also includes a beach stop for some swimming or relaxing after your biking excursion.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 & up only)
Kayak Marine Sanctuary Tour (3.5-4 hours)
One of our most interesting excursions! Kayak 45 minutes through the mangroves with a guide who will point out interesting facts along the way. You'll stop for 30 minutes at Bovoni Point, where you can snorkel or walk along the beach.
Price: $60 (ages 10 & up only)
Magen's Bay Beach Break (4.5 - 5 hours)
Head to St. Thomas' finest beach for a day in the Caribbean sun. Along the 25 minute scenic drive, you'll stop at Drake's Seat known for it's incredible views of the bay and Down Island. Next, you arrive at Magen's Bay where you can swim, stroll along the water's edge or simply relax in a beach chair. Water is provided, food is available for purchase. Floats and water toys can be rented.
Price: $44 (ages 10 & up) Child: $33 (ages 3 - 9) Children under age 3 are free
St. John Island Tour (5 - 5.5 hours)
You'll take a scenic boat ride to St. John where your tour of this beautiful island begins. Among the sites you'll visit are the Annaberg Ruins. You'll want your camera ready to capture the incomparable views from this Caribbean gem.
Price: $42 (ages 10 & up) Child: $31 (ages 0 - 9)
Teen Wild Ride (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. Teens will love the awesome manuevers as they fishtail, spin, and power brake on this wild ride.
Price: $52 (Ages 13 -17)
Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. While on your 40 minute cruise, you'll make exciting 180 degree turns and fishtail in this vessel built for speed.
Price: $55 (ages 10 & up) Child: $44 (ages 5-9) No one under age 5
Cas Cay Nature Walk & Snorkel (4 - 4.5 hours)
After a brief 10 minute boat ride, you arrive at an offshore cay where your adventure begins. You'll visit a wildlife sanctuary where you can explore the delicate ecosystem. Next, you'll head to a Marine sanctuary for snorkeling in it's protected waters. Nature guides accompany you on your incredible journey through this unspoiled land. Participants must be in good physical condition. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Price: $59 (ages 10 to 76) Child: $49 (Ages 6 - 9)
Historic Blackbeard's Hill & Walking Tour (3.5 hours)
Enjoy a scenic narrated drive ascending 1000 feet to Skyline Drive overlooking the beautiful bay of Charlotte Amalie. Next you explore the historical highlights with your guide, roam through Haggensen House or Notman's Manor, basking in their 17th century décor, before stopping to shop in the Mecca of the Caribbean, Charlotte Amalie.
Price: $31 (ages 10 & up) Child: $20 (ages 3-9)
Golf at Mahogany Run (5-6 hours)
Enjoy a round of golf at this scenic 18-hole, par 70 course totaling 6,022 yards. Designed by George and Tom Fazio, Mahogany Run's spectacular views make it one of the most-photographed courses in the Caribbean. Includes green fees for 18 holes, a golf cart and transportation. Rental clubs are available at the course for an additional fee.
Price: $164 (ages 10 & up only)
Captain Nautica's St. John Snorkeling Expedition (3.5-4 hours)
Climb aboard the captain's speedboat to be whisked away to a pair of incomparable snorkeling sites. Explore colorful coral formations amid abundant aquatic life - you might even spot stingrays, turtles and spotted eagle rays. Light snacks and beverages provided.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $57 (ages 8-9)
Paradise Point Tramway (1 hour)
Drink in the spectacular vistas while enjoying a frozen libation from a moving room with a view! The scenic Paradise Point Tramway takes you to the top of the point, where you can enjoy the shops, nature trail and cafe - and don't miss the tropical bird shows held twice daily.
Adult Price: $15 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $8 (ages 5-9)
Children under 5 are free
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Victoria & Albert's given 17th AAA five-diamond distinction
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha show will be cancelled 2/5 and 2/6
- Blizzard Beach to be closed through 2/10
- Disney Fantasy experiencing mechanical trouble; unable to dock at Castaway Cay
- Author book signings to celebrate Black History Month
- SeaWorld Orlando plans Bands, Brew & BBQ Festival
- Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Room for Me!
- Blizzard Beach to be closed 2/5/16
- Disney Springs' Fulton's Crab House to lay off 214 ahead of 6-month refurb
- House arrest mandated for man who tried to bring guns to Disneyland Paris hotel
- Stand and Deliver: Effective Techniques for Vacation Complaints and Conflict Resolution
- Suspects arrested in connection with string of burglaries at Disney's Saratoga Springs
- Official list of bands for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
- Confirmed: Comcast Corp. purchases 475-acres next to Universal Studios Florida
- Shanghai Disneyland ticket pricing based on demand
- U.S. News & World Report names several Disney hotels "Best in Orlando"
- New candles bring the smell of Disneyland home
- DisneyParks Blog to stream Mickey's Soundsational Parade live from Disneyland
- Disneyland releases details of the new River Belle Terrace menu
- Universal Studios Hollywood adopts new pricing model
- New D23 Gold Member events at Walt Disney World
- Disneyland's Season of the Force extended
- Data breach reported at Yak & Yeti restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Top 5 Tips You Need to Know When Booking a Reservation at Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Isn't he too young for Disney World?
- Animal Kingdom's Boneyard to be closed from 2/22 - 3/17/2016
- Club Disney at Disney's Hollywood Studios to close Feb. 6
- Disney Cruise Review: Star Wars Day at Sea, Part 2
- Disney Cruise Line offers 50% off deposit on 7-night sailings
- Several resort pools added to the rehab list
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for Florida residents and the U.S. Military
- Military discount offered on Transatlantic Disney cruise
- Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About The Magic Kingdom
- Uber to bring option of child car seats to Orlando
- Residents of Super Bowl States offered discount at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
- Partial list of bands for Epcot's Garden Rocks Concert Series
- Flying Fish now closed through fall 2016 for remodeling
- Several Disney restaurants honored in Orlando Sentinel's Foodie Awards
- February Walt Disney World Merchandise events and signings
- Beauty and the Beast returning to Disneyland's Royal Theatre
- I Can Go The Distance: All 26.2 Miles of the WDW Marathon
- Classic Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel
- Disney Parks Blog to live stream Fantasmic! from Hollywood Studios
- Moving walkways and a nearby toll plaza being removed at Orlando International Airport
- Family suing Disney, claiming that grandmother died after boy bitten by snake
- Tables in Wonderland offers Flower & Garden Festival Sneak Peek
- Man with two guns in luggage arrested at Disneyland Paris hotel
- Disney Cruise Review: Star Wars Day at Sea, Part 1
- Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports to add new venue
- Charging stations added to Grand Floridian pool bars
- Seashore Sweets to close February 1
- Harrison Ford previews Star Wars lands & Elton John performs during Disneyland television special
- New discounts available for the Walt Disney World golf courses
- Joy and Sadness meet and greet to begin in Epcot?
- Rumor: New finale scene coming to Big Thunder Mountain?
- What should you do in Disney's Hollywood Studios during the impending construction?
- Annual passholder discount for La Nouba
- What should you do in Disney's Hollywood Studios during the impending construction?
- Fulton's Crab House: The New Sunday Brunch
- Haunted Mansion (Low-Light 4K POV) | Magic Kingdom
- Disneyland announces Annual Passholder celebration
- Disney chairman Bob Iger says Star Wars and Marvel movies will continue
- Blizzard Beach to be closed 1/27-1/29
- New Disney's Grand Floridian Merchandise is "Practically Perfect" in Every Way
- Nine Dragons celebrates the Year of the Monkey with a new lunch special
- New PhotoPass website and mobile access coming for Disneyland guests
- Federal lawsuits fired by laid-off Disney tech workers
- Florida resident discount available on 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise
- Is Magic Kingdom's "Skipper Canteen" taking on water?
- Central Florida theme parks report quarterly injuries
- Historic Disneyland building moved to a new location
- Walt Disney World planning Star Wars Rebels meet and greets?
- Aulani to get new high-end neighbor
- CDC issues travel alert for Caribbean due to mosquito-borne illness
- Top 4 Best Places on Walt Disney World property to watch the Super Bowl
- SMS Audio brings super hero headphones to Disney Springs
- Disney honored by Recommend readers
- Afternoon tea coming to Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Changes in management system at Walt Disney World
- 5 Things That Can Get You Kicked Out of Disney Parks
- Latest Construction Photos From Pandora - The World of Avatar and Rivers of Light
- Disneyland Flag Retreat to honor retired Coast Guard Engineer
- Appreciating the Disney Cast Members Who Create Magic Everyday
- Special Valentine's Day menu items at Disneyland
- Zootopia exhibit coming to Animal Kingdom
- Release date for Star Wars: Episode VIII pushed back
- Florida resident and Annual Passholder Cirque du Soleil discounts available
- Annual Passholders can stay for as low as $96/night!
- Current Obsession: Minnie's Wardrobe
- SeaWorld Orlando removes emergency lift floors in whale pools
- VIDEO: Tony's Town Square Restaurant | Magic Kingdom
- 5 Best Attractions for Multi-generational Families in Walt Disney World
- Celebrate Gospel returns to California Adventure
- Disney recalls Darth Vader and Diamond Celebration infant bodysuits
- SeaWorld Orlando cancels beluga interaction program
- Habit Heroes in Epcot's Innoventions is now closed
- Walt Disney World offers discounted tickets for Florida residents
- New Marvel figures leaked for Disney Infinity 3.0 update
- Fulton's Crab House adds new Sunday brunch
- New quick-service meal offer at Walt Disney World
- Free quick-service meal per person, per night with a Walt Disney World package
- Disney Cruise Line adds cheese and fruit plates back to room service menu
- Dining reservations can now be modified online
- The Willis Clan will perform at Raglan Road 1/19-1/22
- Reservations system update taking place for Cinderella's Royal Table
- Modified service for the Walt Disney World monorail
- List of 2016 dark dates for Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan participating restaurants updated
- New acts added to Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba
- Animal Kingdom's Flights of Wonder to be closed from 1/25-3/17
- Buy a 2-day Universal ticket and get the 3rd free!
- Main Street USA in The Magic Kingdom - Stop and Enjoy it!
- 5 Tips To Make The Most Out Of Disney's Photopass Service
- The Magic Kingdom for Annual Passholders
- The Force Awakens villain Kylo Ren coming to Disney Parks
- Earffel Tower being removed from Hollywood Studios
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show to close
- Disney World ticket scammer faces the judge
- Plans surface showing Volcano Bay tram road
- Disney World to hire additional personnel to replace private security
- Worst Types of Guests in Disney Parks
- Tangled returns to the Royal Theatre at Disneyland
- Top 5 Planning Threads on DISBoards.com for December 2015
- Disney Cruise Line updates onboard smoking areas
- 7+ Must Haves When Traveling to Disney With a Baby
- 3 Ways Disney Could Improve the Disney Dining Plans
- Disneyland reveals new look coming to Rivers of America
- 5 Ways to Avoid the Big Family Argument on Your Disney World Vacation
- Disney seeks permission from the FAA to use drones
- Tables in Wonderland Field to Feast event
- 5 Ways to Stay Healthy in Walt Disney World
- ILM working on a boat ride for Star Wars land?
- Disneyland Diamond Anniversary special to air on ABC