Sun-kissed St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands. Your ship docks at Charlotte Amalie, the capital of this region.
St. Thomas has a colorful history including the era when pirates sailed the seas. Legend has it that Blackbeard and Bluebeard sought safe harbor here.
Its ideal location made St. Thomas the key shipping and distribution center for the West Indies. The port now welcomes the major cruise lines and is one of the more popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean.
You'll find charming shops lining the oceanside vista. St. Thomas invites you to play on white-sand beaches, explore ancient mysteries or soak in tropical atmosphere on a biking tour. Play a round of golf at one of the most beautiful courses in the West Indies, scuba dive through spectacular living reefs, or sail on a charming excursion to the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John. Here warm waters welcome you to windsurf, parasail, or master the waves on a kayak built for two.
St. Thomas Shore Excursions:
St. Thomas and St. John
St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour (5 hours)
You'll be taken by ferryboat to St. John, approximately 45 minutes, and then driven to beautiful Trunk Bay. Along the way, soak in the lush surroundings of the island. Once at Trunk Bay, you'll have the option to swim, snorkel or simply relax for approximately 1-1.5 hours. Snorkel equipment is provided.
Price: $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Island Tour (5 hours)
Enjoy the 45-minute ferry ride from St. Thomas as you come upon the unspoiled beauty of St. John, approximately three quarters of which is designated as National Parks. A safari bus will stop at both the Annaberg ruins and breathtaking views of neighboring islands.
Price: $39 (ages 10 & up) Child: $29
St. John Eco Hike (5.5 hours)
A scenic ferry from St. Thomas lets you off at Cruz Bay, where you'll have 90 minutes to enjoy a 1.2-mile hike, with stops at Lind Lookout and Honeymoon Beach where you will have approximately one hour to swim before continuing your tour to famous Caneel Bay Plantation. Please wear tennis or hiking shoes.
Price: $59 (ages 6 & up) Child: $49
5-Star St. John Snorkel and Beach Adventure (4-4.5 hours)
On this adventure, one of our most requested excursions, you'll board the 115-foot Leylon Sneed, which will transport you from St. Thomas to Trunk Bay in St. John. Once anchored, you'll have time to snorkel, swim and sunbathe. Snorkel equipment is provided, as well as fruit punch and rum punch, after snorkeling.
Price $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Barefoot Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (4-4.5 hours)
This alluring excursion starts with a a scenic drive to La Vida Marina, where you'll board the Allure to a palm-fringed beach on St. John. While at the beach, there will be time to sunbathe, swim or snorkel (equipment provided).
Price: $75 Child: $55 (ages 3-9)
Certified Scuba Diving Adventure (4 hours)
A certification card is required for all divers to explore the exciting waters of St. Thomas. Certified divers who have completed at least one dive within the past 2 years can explore the waters of St. Thomas with this two-tank dive. Your first dive goes to a vibrant reef, normally to a maximum depth of 60 feet. The second, shallower dive is usually to a shipwreck. Scuba equipment and professional supervision provided, wet suit not included.
Price: $94 (12 & up)
Doubloon Sail & Snorkel Tour (3.5 hours)
Join the excitement! Help raise the sails of Doubloon, a 65-foot classic schooner that will take you to Turtle Cove, near Buck Island. Here, you will anchor and have time to snorkel and swim among a coral garden. Snacks, beverages and snorkel equipment are included.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $32 (ages 5-9)
Buck Island Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (3.5-4 hours)
Learn to harness the wind from a knowledgeable two-person crew as you cruise along on an exclusive six-person yacht. Drop anchor in Turtle Cove at Buck Island and snorkel among the vibrant coral garden. Snacks and open bar are provided after snorkeling.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. Thomas Island Tour (2.5 hours)
See the sights in an open-air safari bus as you take in the natural beauty of the island Enjoy the spectacular view from Peter's Great House where you will leave a self guided tour and continue your tour to Mountain Top, the highest point of the island.
Price: $35 (ages 10 & up) Child: $24 (ages 3-9)
Coral World & Island Drive (3.5 hours)
Pet a shark or starfish at one of the world's few underwater observatories, Coral World, where you can observe marine life without getting wet! Then, discover some of St. Thomas' most spectacular views on a scenic island drive.
Price: $41 (ages 10 & up) Child: $30 (ages 3-9)
Water Island Mountain Bike Adventure (3.5 hours)
Begin your two-wheeled adventure with a short boat ride to Water Island, then experience the beauty and history of this island as you explore the terrain by mountain bike. This fun-filled excursion also includes a beach stop for some swimming or relaxing after your biking excursion.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 & up only)
Kayak Marine Sanctuary Tour (3.5-4 hours)
One of our most interesting excursions! Kayak 45 minutes through the mangroves with a guide who will point out interesting facts along the way. You'll stop for 30 minutes at Bovoni Point, where you can snorkel or walk along the beach.
Price: $60 (ages 10 & up only)
Magen's Bay Beach Break (4.5 - 5 hours)
Head to St. Thomas' finest beach for a day in the Caribbean sun. Along the 25 minute scenic drive, you'll stop at Drake's Seat known for it's incredible views of the bay and Down Island. Next, you arrive at Magen's Bay where you can swim, stroll along the water's edge or simply relax in a beach chair. Water is provided, food is available for purchase. Floats and water toys can be rented.
Price: $44 (ages 10 & up) Child: $33 (ages 3 - 9) Children under age 3 are free
St. John Island Tour (5 - 5.5 hours)
You'll take a scenic boat ride to St. John where your tour of this beautiful island begins. Among the sites you'll visit are the Annaberg Ruins. You'll want your camera ready to capture the incomparable views from this Caribbean gem.
Price: $42 (ages 10 & up) Child: $31 (ages 0 - 9)
Teen Wild Ride (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. Teens will love the awesome manuevers as they fishtail, spin, and power brake on this wild ride.
Price: $52 (Ages 13 -17)
Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. While on your 40 minute cruise, you'll make exciting 180 degree turns and fishtail in this vessel built for speed.
Price: $55 (ages 10 & up) Child: $44 (ages 5-9) No one under age 5
Cas Cay Nature Walk & Snorkel (4 - 4.5 hours)
After a brief 10 minute boat ride, you arrive at an offshore cay where your adventure begins. You'll visit a wildlife sanctuary where you can explore the delicate ecosystem. Next, you'll head to a Marine sanctuary for snorkeling in it's protected waters. Nature guides accompany you on your incredible journey through this unspoiled land. Participants must be in good physical condition. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Price: $59 (ages 10 to 76) Child: $49 (Ages 6 - 9)
Historic Blackbeard's Hill & Walking Tour (3.5 hours)
Enjoy a scenic narrated drive ascending 1000 feet to Skyline Drive overlooking the beautiful bay of Charlotte Amalie. Next you explore the historical highlights with your guide, roam through Haggensen House or Notman's Manor, basking in their 17th century décor, before stopping to shop in the Mecca of the Caribbean, Charlotte Amalie.
Price: $31 (ages 10 & up) Child: $20 (ages 3-9)
Golf at Mahogany Run (5-6 hours)
Enjoy a round of golf at this scenic 18-hole, par 70 course totaling 6,022 yards. Designed by George and Tom Fazio, Mahogany Run's spectacular views make it one of the most-photographed courses in the Caribbean. Includes green fees for 18 holes, a golf cart and transportation. Rental clubs are available at the course for an additional fee.
Price: $164 (ages 10 & up only)
Captain Nautica's St. John Snorkeling Expedition (3.5-4 hours)
Climb aboard the captain's speedboat to be whisked away to a pair of incomparable snorkeling sites. Explore colorful coral formations amid abundant aquatic life - you might even spot stingrays, turtles and spotted eagle rays. Light snacks and beverages provided.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $57 (ages 8-9)
Paradise Point Tramway (1 hour)
Drink in the spectacular vistas while enjoying a frozen libation from a moving room with a view! The scenic Paradise Point Tramway takes you to the top of the point, where you can enjoy the shops, nature trail and cafe - and don't miss the tropical bird shows held twice daily.
Adult Price: $15 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $8 (ages 5-9)
Children under 5 are free
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party
- Be Our Guest breakfast test extended through July 18
- Expedition Everest Challenge will end after this year
- Concierge staterooms to have binoculars on Mediterranean/European and Alaska sailings
- Our family's must-do's on Disney Cruise Line
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney today
- Family Dining at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for $100 a Day
- Teen Beach 2 Beach Party coming to Typhoon Lagoon
- Man arrested for climbing over fence into Universal Studios
- Disney Cruise Line Navigator app's Onboard Chat feature now active on all 4 ships
- Happy 17th Birthday to Disney's Animal Kingdom!
- Mother's Day dining at Walt Disney World
- Dead Men Tell No Tales this Summer
- Universal Orlando announces 25th Anniversary Concert Series
- Military discounts available for Eastern Caribbean sailing on Disney Cruise Line
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab moved back to June 8
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney?
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan"
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort
- American Ninja Warrior taping at Universal Orlando in May
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23
- Universal Orlando raising employees' base pay
- Prices increase for Pirates League on the Disney Fantasy
- Walt Disney World for Teens
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors"
- Disney Cruise Line raises prices at Palo and Remy
- Blog - The Universal Day - Islands of Adventure
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available
- Adventures by Disney Insiders eligible for one free hotel night
- Adventures by Disney announces Danube River Cruise
- it's a small world closes for rehab
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney
- Florida residents can take advantage of Disney Cruise Line discounts
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale
- Night of Joy tickets now available
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- ABD Providing Transfers from Airport for Pre- and Post-night Stays
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced
- Kids stay free with a four night stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort