Sun-kissed St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands. Your ship docks at Charlotte Amalie, the capital of this region.
St. Thomas has a colorful history including the era when pirates sailed the seas. Legend has it that Blackbeard and Bluebeard sought safe harbor here.
Its ideal location made St. Thomas the key shipping and distribution center for the West Indies. The port now welcomes the major cruise lines and is one of the more popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean.
You'll find charming shops lining the oceanside vista. St. Thomas invites you to play on white-sand beaches, explore ancient mysteries or soak in tropical atmosphere on a biking tour. Play a round of golf at one of the most beautiful courses in the West Indies, scuba dive through spectacular living reefs, or sail on a charming excursion to the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John. Here warm waters welcome you to windsurf, parasail, or master the waves on a kayak built for two.
St. Thomas Shore Excursions:
St. Thomas and St. John
St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour (5 hours)
You'll be taken by ferryboat to St. John, approximately 45 minutes, and then driven to beautiful Trunk Bay. Along the way, soak in the lush surroundings of the island. Once at Trunk Bay, you'll have the option to swim, snorkel or simply relax for approximately 1-1.5 hours. Snorkel equipment is provided.
Price: $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Island Tour (5 hours)
Enjoy the 45-minute ferry ride from St. Thomas as you come upon the unspoiled beauty of St. John, approximately three quarters of which is designated as National Parks. A safari bus will stop at both the Annaberg ruins and breathtaking views of neighboring islands.
Price: $39 (ages 10 & up) Child: $29
St. John Eco Hike (5.5 hours)
A scenic ferry from St. Thomas lets you off at Cruz Bay, where you'll have 90 minutes to enjoy a 1.2-mile hike, with stops at Lind Lookout and Honeymoon Beach where you will have approximately one hour to swim before continuing your tour to famous Caneel Bay Plantation. Please wear tennis or hiking shoes.
Price: $59 (ages 6 & up) Child: $49
5-Star St. John Snorkel and Beach Adventure (4-4.5 hours)
On this adventure, one of our most requested excursions, you'll board the 115-foot Leylon Sneed, which will transport you from St. Thomas to Trunk Bay in St. John. Once anchored, you'll have time to snorkel, swim and sunbathe. Snorkel equipment is provided, as well as fruit punch and rum punch, after snorkeling.
Price $48 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. John Barefoot Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (4-4.5 hours)
This alluring excursion starts with a a scenic drive to La Vida Marina, where you'll board the Allure to a palm-fringed beach on St. John. While at the beach, there will be time to sunbathe, swim or snorkel (equipment provided).
Price: $75 Child: $55 (ages 3-9)
Certified Scuba Diving Adventure (4 hours)
A certification card is required for all divers to explore the exciting waters of St. Thomas. Certified divers who have completed at least one dive within the past 2 years can explore the waters of St. Thomas with this two-tank dive. Your first dive goes to a vibrant reef, normally to a maximum depth of 60 feet. The second, shallower dive is usually to a shipwreck. Scuba equipment and professional supervision provided, wet suit not included.
Price: $94 (12 & up)
Doubloon Sail & Snorkel Tour (3.5 hours)
Join the excitement! Help raise the sails of Doubloon, a 65-foot classic schooner that will take you to Turtle Cove, near Buck Island. Here, you will anchor and have time to snorkel and swim among a coral garden. Snacks, beverages and snorkel equipment are included.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $32 (ages 5-9)
Buck Island Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (3.5-4 hours)
Learn to harness the wind from a knowledgeable two-person crew as you cruise along on an exclusive six-person yacht. Drop anchor in Turtle Cove at Buck Island and snorkel among the vibrant coral garden. Snacks and open bar are provided after snorkeling.
Price: $49 (ages 10 & up) Child: $34 (ages 5-9)
St. Thomas Island Tour (2.5 hours)
See the sights in an open-air safari bus as you take in the natural beauty of the island Enjoy the spectacular view from Peter's Great House where you will leave a self guided tour and continue your tour to Mountain Top, the highest point of the island.
Price: $35 (ages 10 & up) Child: $24 (ages 3-9)
Coral World & Island Drive (3.5 hours)
Pet a shark or starfish at one of the world's few underwater observatories, Coral World, where you can observe marine life without getting wet! Then, discover some of St. Thomas' most spectacular views on a scenic island drive.
Price: $41 (ages 10 & up) Child: $30 (ages 3-9)
Water Island Mountain Bike Adventure (3.5 hours)
Begin your two-wheeled adventure with a short boat ride to Water Island, then experience the beauty and history of this island as you explore the terrain by mountain bike. This fun-filled excursion also includes a beach stop for some swimming or relaxing after your biking excursion.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 & up only)
Kayak Marine Sanctuary Tour (3.5-4 hours)
One of our most interesting excursions! Kayak 45 minutes through the mangroves with a guide who will point out interesting facts along the way. You'll stop for 30 minutes at Bovoni Point, where you can snorkel or walk along the beach.
Price: $60 (ages 10 & up only)
Magen's Bay Beach Break (4.5 - 5 hours)
Head to St. Thomas' finest beach for a day in the Caribbean sun. Along the 25 minute scenic drive, you'll stop at Drake's Seat known for it's incredible views of the bay and Down Island. Next, you arrive at Magen's Bay where you can swim, stroll along the water's edge or simply relax in a beach chair. Water is provided, food is available for purchase. Floats and water toys can be rented.
Price: $44 (ages 10 & up) Child: $33 (ages 3 - 9) Children under age 3 are free
St. John Island Tour (5 - 5.5 hours)
You'll take a scenic boat ride to St. John where your tour of this beautiful island begins. Among the sites you'll visit are the Annaberg Ruins. You'll want your camera ready to capture the incomparable views from this Caribbean gem.
Price: $42 (ages 10 & up) Child: $31 (ages 0 - 9)
Teen Wild Ride (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. Teens will love the awesome manuevers as they fishtail, spin, and power brake on this wild ride.
Price: $52 (Ages 13 -17)
Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat (1 - 1.5 hours)
The Screamin' Eagle 700 hp turbo-charged jet boat takes you on an unforgettable ride slicing through the clear Caribbean waters. While on your 40 minute cruise, you'll make exciting 180 degree turns and fishtail in this vessel built for speed.
Price: $55 (ages 10 & up) Child: $44 (ages 5-9) No one under age 5
Cas Cay Nature Walk & Snorkel (4 - 4.5 hours)
After a brief 10 minute boat ride, you arrive at an offshore cay where your adventure begins. You'll visit a wildlife sanctuary where you can explore the delicate ecosystem. Next, you'll head to a Marine sanctuary for snorkeling in it's protected waters. Nature guides accompany you on your incredible journey through this unspoiled land. Participants must be in good physical condition. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Price: $59 (ages 10 to 76) Child: $49 (Ages 6 - 9)
Historic Blackbeard's Hill & Walking Tour (3.5 hours)
Enjoy a scenic narrated drive ascending 1000 feet to Skyline Drive overlooking the beautiful bay of Charlotte Amalie. Next you explore the historical highlights with your guide, roam through Haggensen House or Notman's Manor, basking in their 17th century décor, before stopping to shop in the Mecca of the Caribbean, Charlotte Amalie.
Price: $31 (ages 10 & up) Child: $20 (ages 3-9)
Golf at Mahogany Run (5-6 hours)
Enjoy a round of golf at this scenic 18-hole, par 70 course totaling 6,022 yards. Designed by George and Tom Fazio, Mahogany Run's spectacular views make it one of the most-photographed courses in the Caribbean. Includes green fees for 18 holes, a golf cart and transportation. Rental clubs are available at the course for an additional fee.
Price: $164 (ages 10 & up only)
Captain Nautica's St. John Snorkeling Expedition (3.5-4 hours)
Climb aboard the captain's speedboat to be whisked away to a pair of incomparable snorkeling sites. Explore colorful coral formations amid abundant aquatic life - you might even spot stingrays, turtles and spotted eagle rays. Light snacks and beverages provided.
Adult Price: $69 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $57 (ages 8-9)
Paradise Point Tramway (1 hour)
Drink in the spectacular vistas while enjoying a frozen libation from a moving room with a view! The scenic Paradise Point Tramway takes you to the top of the point, where you can enjoy the shops, nature trail and cafe - and don't miss the tropical bird shows held twice daily.
Adult Price: $15 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $8 (ages 5-9)
Children under 5 are free
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Livin' La Vida Disney
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your First Night in Walt Disney World
- Bob Iger joins NFL stadium effort
- Why Walt Disney World is an Educational Experience
- Star Wars and the Power of Costume: The Exhibition opens in New York City
- More Days vs. Bells and Whistles at Walt Disney World
- Review: The Escape Game
- Beetlejuice will survive at Universal Orlando until January 5th
- A step by step guide to eating at a Disney quick service location
- What Walt Disney World Extras are Worth Splurging On?
- VIDEO: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough | 4K POV
- Universal Orlando Black Friday Sale
- Van stolen from Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- SeaWorld offering discounts on Black Friday
- World Showcase to offer special treats for the holidays
- The Ganachery will open December 15 at Disney Springs
- Family's Guide to Universal: Universal Orlando's Horror Make-Up Show
- Character dance parties at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the holidays
- Time schedule for Epcot's Holiday Storytellers
- New seasonal menu items at Steakhouse 55
- Free Breakfast for 2 at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Deal
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Lighting Ceremony 2015
- Acoustical group Quickstep to begin in Epcot's UK Pavilion
- 4 Insanely Dangerous Things Parents do at Walt Disney World
- Picking the Right Park for Each Day of Your Disney World Vacation
- Epcot's Canadian Lumberjack Show ending 11/24
- VIDEO: Star Wars Launch Bay Information
- 3 Reasons to Appreciate Classic Disney World Attractions
- How does a Magic Kingdom haircut sound?
- Data breach reported at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Sunday brunch is now available at Narcoossee's
- 3 Reasons Why Construction at Walt Disney World is Good
- A new exhibit, Colortopia, opens in Epcot
- Fastpass added for Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom
- Typhoon Lagoon to be closed 11/23
- 10 Reasons Why the Disney Parks Still Make Us Smile
- December 18 sold out for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Paint The Night dining packages starting in January
- Tiffins restaurant coming to Animal Kingdom in 2016
- My Worst Disneyland Trip EVER! (But Still Rather Magical, Of Course)
- Aulani to offer Christmas Dinner in the Kaiona Ballroom
- 2016's Flower & Garden Festival dates to be extended
- 3 Best Ways to Save Time in Walt Disney World
- Great Wolf Lodge may be coming to Disney World area
- BBQ coming to River Belle Terrace at Disneyland
- 3 Healthy and Delicious Quick Service Meals at Walt Disney World
- UberBlack now allowed to pick up from Orlando International Airport
- Why We Keep Coming Back to Walt Disney World
- Monorail crash at Walt Disney World; no guests on board
- Do you want to spend the Ultimate day at the Beach?
- New activities added at Sandcastle Club and Lilo's Playhouse Child Care Centers
- All-Star Movies Resort lobby briefly evacuated
- VIDEO: Hyperspace Mountain with Tom Bell
- Universal Studios Hollywood raises price for annual pass
- Why do you cruise Disney?
- A Delicious Journey Down Spice Road
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani
- Lost Christmas Celebrations at Walt Disney World
- Osborne Lights to be live streamed on Nov. 18
- Disneyland Paris to reopen Wednesday after Paris tragedy
- Walt Disney World to accept digital Disney gift cards
- Is there value in a ticket for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?
- Epcot's Captain EO to end December 6 and be replaced with Pixar short films
- Glidden opens Colortopia exhibit in Innoventions East
- Exclusive Star Wars Imperial Meet 'n' Greet for Disney Visa cardholders
- The Misunderstood ABC Commissary
- Season of The Force at Disneyland
- A Few Problems Adults Have at Walt Disney World
- Disney's Victoria & Albert's receives 16th AAA Five Diamond distinction
- 5 Things to Avoid at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- 4 Things To Know While Planning Your First Trip To Walt Disney World
- May 2016 Walt Disney World Park Hours
- Dinosaur Dance Party comes to Disney Springs to celebrate "The Good Dinosaur"
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Photos
- Why Rides Stop At Walt Disney World
- Holiday Minnie package available at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Itinerary change for 12/23 sailing on the Disney Magic from Miami
- Film Talent Announced for a Celebration of Harry Potter 2016
- VIDEO: VoicePlay | Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015
- Former Disneyland Cast Member sentenced for sex-for-tickets crimes
- Orlando-area Westgate Resort honoring veterans with chance for free vacation
- Highlights of the 2015 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Blog - Disneyland Small World ADA Lawsuit Finally Sails
- New Finding Dory trailer released
- Disney Cruise Line honored by U.S. News & World Report
- Additional resort pool rehabs scheduled
- VIDEO: Christmas Medley with Santa Stitch & Friends
- Military discounts available on Disney Cruise Line
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015
- Disney Springs’ Planet Hollywood announces layoffs for 468 employees
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel plans "Santa's Favorite Resort" holiday festivities
- SeaWorld San Diego to replace Shamu show by 2017
- Star Wars Weekends will not be held due to construction; New Star Wars experiences debut December 1
- Another luxury hotel planned for Anaheim
- Top 5 Unwritten Rules of a Disney Park
- Garden Grill now open for character breakfast and lunch
- Film shot in secret at the Magic Kingdom -
- Discounted Disney cruise rates released for the general public
- Adventures by Disney Insiders can save $300
- Disney Springs parking lots and garages to be named after Florida fruits
- Disney reports positive numbers in the fourth quarter
- Schedule for the Electical Water Pageant adjusted through December
- Na'vi River Journey coming to Pandora - The World of AVATAR
- SeaWorld releases quarterly financial report
- Disney Parks Blog to live stream A Frozen Holiday Wish
- Twenty Eight & Main opens at Marketplace Co-Op
- Disneyland adds temporary bridge in New Orleans Square
- Review: Shake Shack on International Drive
- VIDEO: The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 2015 | Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- A Sneak Peek at A “Frozen” Holiday Wish at Magic Kingdom
- Star Wars Launch Bay rumored to be soft-opening on November 27
- Disneyland adds new Ghirardelli shop to Downtown Disney
- Disney Cruise Line offers military discounts
- SeaWorld Orlando releases logo for new roller coaster and 2016 calendar of events
- Knott's Berry Farm begins preparations for Ghost Town's 75th
- ESPN Club reopens with a new menu
- SeaWorld Orlando raises ticket prices by $2
- Why You Need To See The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights This Year
- Breakfast with Santa at Catal in Downtown Disney
- Review: Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf
- SeaWorld Orlando plans their annual Christmas Celebration
- November Walt Disney World Merchandise events and signings
- New Resort Rapid Fill mugs available at Walt Disney World Resorts
- Blog - Disney Asks Court to Dismiss Autism/DAS Lawsuit
- Travel agents' commission amount cut by Disney Cruise Line
- Former Disney president Meg Crofton honored with a window on Main Street U.S.A.
- Making Magical Memories Without Disney's Memory Maker
- Disney Parks continue partnership with the Orlando Magic
- Disney Cruise Line chosen as Number 1 Large Ship Line by Conde Nast
- Treating Cast Members with Respect
- "A Grand Brunch at 1900 Park Fare" to take place over the holiday season.
- Gasparilla Grill introduces a different gourmet hot dog for each day of the week
- Disney Dream returns to the seas after dry dock
- Schedule for Minnie's Seasonal Dine through next Halloween
- Construction permits surface for Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Club Villain coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January
- Free admission for first responders at Knott's Berry Farm
- Several Thanksgiving meals planned at Aulani
- 5 Tips for Disney World Straight from the Mouths of Kids
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon coming to Universal in 2017
- Guests who loved Disney to Death
- Splash Mountain to be closed for a few days in January
- Several resort pools closed through early next year
- Reservations now open for Minnie's Seasonal Dine
- Save up to 20% this winter on rooms at the Disneyland Resort
- Annual Passholders to receive 10% discount at Morimoto ASIA
- Military discount available on cruises to the Bahamas out of Galveston
- 4 Reasons Why EPCOT's Future World Needs To Change
- Victoria & Albert's honored by TripAdvisor
- Disney security guard denied attorney's fees after suing Walt Disney World