Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 10138 Report
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 10138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 10||Category: 5A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 09/08/12|
Notes: We really enjoyed our room on the Fantasy! It is close to the Aft elevators and the stairs that take you right into Cabanas. This was very convenient for carrying food from the buffet down to our room or hopping up the stairs for breakfast. We also used those stairs to walk through Cabanas to the pool.
With Cabanas being right above us we did hear noise from it...the loudest and most common noise was the sound of feet running from the pool entrance through Cabanas. Though noticeable it never bothered us much (and I am one that can be really bugged by noise)None of us were ever awoken by noise. I think the room is so convenient and comfortable and we loved the Verandah (although it does have an overhang...so sitting in the chairs and trying to look out and up at the sky doesn't work too well.)
We had gorgeous views at both St. Maarten and St. Thomas but not so good views at Castaway Cay. This room is port side. But who sits on their verandah at Castaway Cay?? We were off the boat and ready to enjoy the island!
I have heard Aft passengers complain of very strong vibrations...I never felt that until maybe day 5 or 6. My husband noticed them in the evening and I did not notice until he mentioned it. Then all I did was feel them...haha. But luckily I was able to fall asleep and sleep through them. No big deal. I never heard or felt the thrusters, or engines, or props, or whatever else people say they can hear or feel. We all felt the movement of the ship though. We felt that all over the ship.
The bed and pillows were AMAZING!! I snuggled right in every night and had the best sleep of my life. Sooooooo comfortable. This stateroom was perfect for the 2 adults and one 6 year old. Plenty of storage space. Large closets, and we opted for our son to sleep on the pull down bed from the ceiling and always kept the couch in sitting position so we could sit on it while our son was sleeping above us.
Overall we were extremely pleased with this cabin. The only complaint about being so aft is that you have a hike when going to the front of the ship. Nothing to stop us from booking this room again! Hope this review helps and you enjoy this room as much as we did!!
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 10138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 10||Category: 5||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 12/04/11|
Notes: Great room - close to Aft elevators. Some periodic noise from Cabanas right above but not really bothersome. There is an overhang over the veranda that limits the view of the sky.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.