Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1030 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 1030||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 1||Category: 9D||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/14/12|
Notes: Hi - we sailed on the Wonder's 2nd Hawaii Cruise - 14 nights Oct 14-28, 2012. Booked an OTG Catagory and saved $$ by rolling the dice and taking our chances - a 2 porthole room on Deck 1 was NOT what we were hoping for - BUT -we LOVED this room!! - Although we did try to upgrade at the port -but the ship was sold out and we couldn't - We actually loved the room and the location. PROS: 1. We were never in it -why pay more for a big window or a balcony? 2. it was 2 turns away from the Forward Elevators - 2 mins to the shows, and to and from adult clubs! 3. QUITE hallway 4. Hop back down on the elevator to change for dinner after the show 5. The Exit off the ship to most ports of call for our cruise was on our floor just around the corner from our cabin -and our cabin was right there when returning from being ashore. 6. Forward Elevators are also close to The Spa, Adult Pool, Cove Cafe, Gym and rarely crowded!! Cons: 1. 2 small windows vs. 1 BIG one - I do love the big windows -but again - mostly in the room to change or sleep. 2. only a few creaks were noticed, and only at the begining of the trip, we didn't notice as the days went on, and they didn't disturb us. 3. It was a long walk at night to the drink station on deck 9 aft -BUT -after all that eating, the walk wasn't really so bad, and really was good exercise!
All in All - I would book this room again as the savings outshone the size of the windows, in my opinion! :-)
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.