Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1030 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 1030||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 1||Category: 9D||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/14/12|
Notes: Hi - we sailed on the Wonder's 2nd Hawaii Cruise - 14 nights Oct 14-28, 2012. Booked an OTG Catagory and saved $$ by rolling the dice and taking our chances - a 2 porthole room on Deck 1 was NOT what we were hoping for - BUT -we LOVED this room!! - Although we did try to upgrade at the port -but the ship was sold out and we couldn't - We actually loved the room and the location. PROS: 1. We were never in it -why pay more for a big window or a balcony? 2. it was 2 turns away from the Forward Elevators - 2 mins to the shows, and to and from adult clubs! 3. QUITE hallway 4. Hop back down on the elevator to change for dinner after the show 5. The Exit off the ship to most ports of call for our cruise was on our floor just around the corner from our cabin -and our cabin was right there when returning from being ashore. 6. Forward Elevators are also close to The Spa, Adult Pool, Cove Cafe, Gym and rarely crowded!! Cons: 1. 2 small windows vs. 1 BIG one - I do love the big windows -but again - mostly in the room to change or sleep. 2. only a few creaks were noticed, and only at the begining of the trip, we didn't notice as the days went on, and they didn't disturb us. 3. It was a long walk at night to the drink station on deck 9 aft -BUT -after all that eating, the walk wasn't really so bad, and really was good exercise!
All in All - I would book this room again as the savings outshone the size of the windows, in my opinion! :-)
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.