Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1064 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 1064||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 1||Category: 9||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 08/31/08|
Notes: We were upgraded to this room a Cat 9 from a 12 for this cruise. Upon assignment to this room I came on this website to look for surrounding room reports since there wasn't one for this room.
The hydraulic noise others alluded to is there. During overnight hours, it happens for 7 seconds once every 2 hours. When arriving at a port it seems like it happened once every 2 minutes for 7 seconds. It was a distraction to me as I am a light sleeper. It didn't bother my wife or daughter, wife said she never heard it at night while sleeping.
Room was very clean, no odors in the bathroom at all. Separate toilet and shower is nice. Room was in really good shape overall.
I would say location wasn't great, we felt a little out of place as whenever you were at the elevatore waiting, you always saw crew members going into their side of the boat. Rarely saw other cruisers down there.
Going up 1 flight and then having to come down a flight again to disembark at port was a little inconvinient, but OK.
Two port holes was better then having no port holes.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.