Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1064 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 1064||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 1||Category: 9||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 08/31/08|
Notes: We were upgraded to this room a Cat 9 from a 12 for this cruise. Upon assignment to this room I came on this website to look for surrounding room reports since there wasn't one for this room.
The hydraulic noise others alluded to is there. During overnight hours, it happens for 7 seconds once every 2 hours. When arriving at a port it seems like it happened once every 2 minutes for 7 seconds. It was a distraction to me as I am a light sleeper. It didn't bother my wife or daughter, wife said she never heard it at night while sleeping.
Room was very clean, no odors in the bathroom at all. Separate toilet and shower is nice. Room was in really good shape overall.
I would say location wasn't great, we felt a little out of place as whenever you were at the elevatore waiting, you always saw crew members going into their side of the boat. Rarely saw other cruisers down there.
Going up 1 flight and then having to come down a flight again to disembark at port was a little inconvinient, but OK.
Two port holes was better then having no port holes.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.